Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #31
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

that is flaps celler btw

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #32
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams
something messed up here??
Yes, all the old threads with pics are jumbled up now, ever since John changed servers a while back.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #33
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingfreak
slip must be pushing too many buttons again
Not me, I wasn't even around this weekend.

It sucks though, since many old threads are kinda useless now without the correct pictures.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:44 AM   #34
Flaptail

Hey that's my basement and my plugs!

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #35
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

did u find the plugon your truck

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #36
Flaptail

Talking

I did! Thanks, but you said you had a needle for me too...., Hand it over! . Slip got the best of it, as usual, I should have gone two nights earlier. You should of seen him getting towed around in that boat of his Saturday morning. The fish was easily near 30 lbs. I was laughing my ass off, so was Dave. Got a couple in the mid teens just after Slip got his. He did just what I told him to do and bingo, the boy was on. Ol' Slip can really fish. He probably thought we were foolin' him about the fish over there till he hooked up. He also thought we were pretty strange when he pulled up to us a mile off the beach and I was snoozin' across the seat feets hangin' in the water and Dave snoring away curled up in the front of the boat, after all it was slack tide so why not a siesta? Next week they will be back and we will go but with eels this time, tides will be right. Gotta get that little sand rat KarlF. out too. Next thing you know we will all be boating it.

Why even try.........
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #37
Karl F

Second that Slip can fish... he can mug ya when he hears yer drag too I had an over active barely legal, but it felt good to have some drag run. Slip had a nice 20 pounder, while all I saw were twinks, but twinks beats a skunk anyday.. keep a seat in the boat for me Flap I hope...
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #38
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Thanks Flap but you're too kind, You showed me where and what to do to get my very first bass on my boat myself, and a nice one at that the head was as big as mine, or atleast it seemed to be. Had to reach my whole arm down it's throat to get that little plug out.

Glad you got some fish Karl, and I understand you leaving early. Milo and myself stayed because we couldn't leave fish, finally did at 3 am He had some more good ones and I lost a nice one, got some on needles, most on bombers. Plugs seemed to have rubber hooks. We followed the fish up and down the beach but didn't need to walk too far.

Flap, let me know when next weekend, night or AM? Friday night I think I have fireworks with family duty. I'll hopefully get one fishing outing in. Boat is still down there.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #39
Flaptail

Talking

Two twinks and a sniff for me last night. I was talkin' to a surfer though as I walked out and he said.................

Why even try.........