Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

View Poll Results: who won
John Kerry 21 48.84%
George Bush 15 34.88%
tie 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #61
Saltheart

Glitz and sound bites for kerry. George looked like a dope but had some substance. I might have to vote for Nader!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #62
spence

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip N
Why would our troops and more countrys be more apt to support Kerry and the US when he says we shoudnt be in Iraq and is the wrong war to fight?? Yea, thats how ya get more help That sends a bad message to our troops if you ask me.
The history of why we're there is really moot at this point and Kerry needs to lambast Bush for his screwups to win.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Putting troops in harms way without proper planning is 100 times the sin of critisizing a wartime President's mistakes. Period.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #63
Skip N

This is a war though people....I dont recall any war or battle when planning was perfect or when things didnt go wrong. Go back to WWII....Every battle and major invsaion was carfully planned out and nothing ever went perfect and things ALWAYS went wrong. D-day was tough, battle of the Bulge was an utter failure of US intellegence, Anzio was a near disaster. If we had the media and all the second guessing we have now during WWII we never would have seen victory. As soon as the troops got pinned down on Omaha beach CNN would have been calling it a failure and questioning EVERYTHING. The Occupation of Germany was no cake walk either. You people just dont get it smetimes that #^&#^&#^&#^& never goes perfectly and as planned.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #64
stormfish

Any idiot could plan... not every idiot can have a good plan

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #65
Skip N

You people make it sound like ONLY Bush did the planning....All the top generals were involved in the planning and right on down the line. So you guys must be saying the generals did a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty job too?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #66
spence

Skip, Bush ignored Generals who said we needed twice the troops to get the job done.

In the 1990's congress spent tens of millions researching what a post Saddam would look like, this work was completely ignored.

An intelligence report written just before the war predicted Iraq would become very unstable if Saddam was removed, it was ignored.

The Administration's only response to this is that they didn't think they needed a post-war plan because we would be greeted as liberators and Iraq would just be safe and happy.

2300 attacks last month and Bush maintains things aren't that bad in Iraq.

The only thing that's consistant between then and now is the lack of truth flowing from the President's lips

-spence
Old 10-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #67
Skip N

Ok then, things are terrible over there so lets release Saddam back to run the place and get outta there. I meen occording to Kerry we shouldnt have been there anyway. Yea lets go home. I fault alot of this to the Iraqi people. For god sake you idiots fight for your freedom!! They are really strating to piss me off to be honest. The US has to do all the work and they sit back and bitch that we arent doing ot good enough Get off your asses and help out you and fight for your freedom, kill the terroists and turn them in you morons
Old 10-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #68
Skip N

Why do we all even bother arguing over all this stuff....No one is gonna change their minds over anything that I say or anyone elses comments Although i does feel good to vent! But its pretty pointless to be honest
Old 10-04-2004, 12:30 PM   #69
spence

It's not completly worthless. The debate may in fact help someone to better understand what's going on, and they may vote differently because of it or it may reinforce their beliefs.

-spence
Old 10-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #70

Talking

Last edited by 179; 10-04-2004 at 03:05 PM..
179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
Originally posted by 179
Kerry / Fonda 2004
Ok, perhaps it it worthless

-spence
Old 10-04-2004, 02:26 PM   #72

Being a veteran there is nothing Mr. Kerry could ever say to me whether he was a republican or democrat that could ever earn my vote.

Last edited by 179; 10-04-2004 at 03:06 PM..
179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 PM   #73
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Send a message via AIM to mrmacey
Re: Re: did you watch the debate

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dad Fisherman
Jeeez I hear ya I asked for a vote with no replys and get 5 pages wait till the boss gets back Ive allready been told once.
mrmacey is offline   Reply With Quote