Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
detbuch

Down goes Flynn! Down goes Maddow! Next . . . .
Old 03-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is moving to control the media even further then he has already, cherry picking who is allowed in or allowed to accompany Tillerson; it will be Trumps way or the highway and the battle continues.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #3
wdmso

President Donald Trump has stood by claims he was wiretapped under Barack Obama, telling visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel: "At least we have something in common, perhaps."
Old 03-18-2017, 05:48 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If Trump was any colder towards her, she would have needed a parker, hat and some gloves to keep from freezing to death. Then to refuse the handshake and scowl and look like she's not even there, really POTUS; at least give us the appearance your presidential. At times he treats our allies as poorly as he treats the media and I'm not sure 4 years is long enough for a lot of leaders (except for Putin) to forget the nasty rhetoric coming from his mouth all throughout the campaign.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:50 AM   #5
buckman

You two would rather someone phony and you're just not used to someone who speaks and shows how he believes . Merkel Is a horrible leader . Maybe you would feel better if he just kissed everyone's ass and hope they like him / us and then the world will be good . 👎
Old 03-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You two would rather someone phony and you're just not used to someone who speaks and shows how he believes . Merkel Is a horrible leader . Maybe you would feel better if he just kissed everyone's ass and hope they like him / us and then the world will be good . 👎
yeah...hugging dictators and dissing our friends was a good thing, brilliant in fact, for the last 8 years
Old 03-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Buckman your idea of a stand up guy is very sad indeed

Being an ass doesn't equal Strength.. it usually just the opposite Weak unsecure people Talk #^&#^&#^&#^&.. confident people have a no need to be an ass
Old 03-19-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Buckman your idea of a stand up guy is very sad indeed

Being an ass doesn't equal Strength.. it usually just the opposite Weak unsecure people Talk #^&#^&#^&#^&.. confident people have a no need to be an ass
You are decribing Obama
Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well if today goes as most think it will, there should be a very large twitter storm tomorrow, because regardless of what Comey testifies to today, Trump never apologizes and is never wrong.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well if today goes as most think it will, there should be a very large twitter storm tomorrow, because regardless of what Comey testifies to today, Trump never apologizes and is never wrong.
I have to agree .
Old 03-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #11
Linesider82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
during*
Old 03-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You don't need to like someone to show them some respect, if you feel that strongly why invite them to begin with or stage the media show to show us your Trumpness. I don't like Trump, but I'd show the man respect by extending my hand, taking the high road would have been better IMHO.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:23 AM   #13
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4E7DDB9A-3BA1-403A-9FD6-968DF5B639BF_cx6_cy17_cw89_w1023_r1_s.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	64033  
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #14
Linesider82

Pro Russian Elephants trumpet in the new age, and the 62.8 million Americans who back it: that's a good headline.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
Linesider82

answering the thread, two false claims fall into the hands of the world, including the American public, on wire taps. Can trump supporters claim anything the "president" says to be true? I would like to say he's out of tweets, but next I'm sure he'll say that Harambe is still alive. That Gorilla is already more important than the POTUS. I'm disgusted as a descendent of wwII combatants, to listen to much of the discussions on here. I liked Bush Sr., I didn't like Clinton at all because he gutted our defense, Bush Jr. got us in an unwinnable war, Obama actually took out the key guy, but kept us in the same Bush war. Now, the new claim is to take on the world? I think Trump is doing a good job at that. I also think we are losing, unless we are going towards WW3. If that is the case, anyone 34 and under should enlist in the Navy, anyone interested in the marines 28, and the rest of us 42 and under should enlist in the army. Do it. don't talk back,,, just support your country in the way you want it to be. Lots of talk here no action.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #16
Linesider82

If you are over 42 shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up
Old 03-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
JohnR grandfathered me in.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 AM   #18
wdmso

I am 50 did my time in Iraq and my son is currently active duty in the Air Force C-17 loadmaster .. my distain for Trump has nothing to do with his adopted R next to his name He is dangerous most of his appointments are dangerous... and your right most over 42 wont be affected directly by his policy's or lack of them he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker and his SS supporters dont care they have theirs ..

So sit back and watch the show until we can distract ourselves with long nights or earlier mornings and debate eels or plugs or chunk
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #19
scottw

VDH.....timely

Monasteries of the Mind

"When everything is politicized, people retreat into mental mountaintops — dreams of the past and fantasies of the future.

The rapper Snoop Dogg released a video shooting a mock-up of the president. Rapper Bow Wow wants to “pimp” the first lady. What a difference a few months make. Not long ago rapper Kendrick Lamar issued an album whose cover showed young rappers on the White House lawn celebrating the death of a white judge. He received an invitation to the White House (a cut from his To Pimp a Butterfly album was Barack Obama’s favorite song of the year). When Trump has lost the rapper vote, has he lost America?

There is now something called the “Resistance,” which by its nomenclature poses that its opposition to Trump is reminiscent of European partisan resistance to Hitler: Affluent progressives are now on the barricades to stop another Holocaust? Cities now nullify federal law in the spirit of the Old Confederacy. A federal judge doesn’t enforce federal law because he says he does not like what the president and his associates said in the past, during the campaign. Op-ed writers overseas wait eagerly for the president’s assassination. At CNN, Fareed Zakaria, wrist-slapped for past plagiarism, melts down while screaming of Trump’s “bullsh**.” Madonna says she has “thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.” All the insanity reminds one of the old Kingston Trio ballad:

They’re rioting in Africa, they’re starving in Spain.
There’s hurricanes in Florida, and Texas needs rain.
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls.
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles.
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch.
And I don’t like anybody very much!

Bad filibusters are now good ones. Vowing to kill, hurt, or remove the president and first family is hip, when it used to be felonious. States’ rights and nullification are now Confederate-cool. Free speech is hate speech. Censorship is a mere trigger warning. Assimilation is cultural appropriation. The nasal voiced thirtysomethings on the news, in their retro outfits of high-water pants and horn-rimmed glasses, impart worldly wisdom as our new Eric Sevareids.

When we all wish to be victims, there are too few oppressors to go around. Or perhaps the Boomer generation is going out in a fit of frenzied self-recognition: It enjoyed all that was given to it, did not accomplish much itself, and left a mess to its successors. Its metaphor is California’s Oroville dam: Aging greens believe that it never should have been built; but since it was, it came in handy for the good life; but no one should spend any money on its repair; but when it nearly fails, we were all warned that it was never a good idea. And so no more dams will be built for our children.

An increasing number of American don’t take all this seriously. And that’s not new."
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
I am 50 did my time in Iraq and my son is currently active duty in the Air Force C-17 loadmaster .. my distain for Trump has nothing to do with his adopted R next to his name He is dangerous most of his appointments are dangerous... and your right most over 42 wont be affected directly by his policy's or lack of them he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker and his SS supporters dont care they have theirs ..

So sit back and watch the show until we can distract ourselves with long nights or earlier mornings and debate eels or plugs or chunk
I thought you said that you didn't subscribe to the Chicken Little point of view. Maybe I misunderstood.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:

"he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker "

Sigh. Tell that to the people getting up in Indiana, and going to work at there jobs at the Carrier plant.

He has also repeatedly said that he wants to increase tax credits for childcare expenses for families who work, and to offer tax credits for families where one parent stays home, so that more people can make that choice. He wants to implement paid family medical leave for God's sake. And he is talking about tax reform.

Now, he hasn't done those things yet. Give him some time.

IF he gets those things implemented (and that's still an "if" at this point, but there is evidence to suggest that he intends to keep promises), he will have done plenty for the little guy.

There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true.

"his SS supporters dont care they have theirs .."

Is that a Nazi reference? Or Social Security?

So you don't support him? Boy, from 2009 - 2016, the places where you get your news, said that those who didn't support the President at that time, were racist. How things change.

I have no problem with saying you don't support the President, I hated just about everything that Obama represented.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker "

Sigh. Tell that to the people getting up in Indiana, and going to work at there jobs at the Carrier plant. how did i guess you would bring that up again seems you have no concern bout the 2500 getting let go by the state department

He has also repeatedly said that he wants to increase tax credits for childcare expenses for families who work, and to offer tax credits for families where one parent stays home, so that more people can make that choice. He wants to implement paid family medical leave for God's sake. And he is talking about tax reform.

Now, he hasn't done those things yet. Give him some time.

IF he gets those things implemented (and that's still an "if" at this point, but there is evidence to suggest that he intends to keep promises), he will have done plenty for the little guy.

There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true.

"his SS supporters dont care they have theirs .."

Is that a Nazi reference? Or Social Security? the latter

So you don't support him? Boy, from 2009 - 2016, the places where you get your news, said that those who didn't support the President at that time, were racist. How things change. because it was True being black was all it took for some not to support him Trumps Lack of support is a direct result of Trump no one else

I have no problem with saying you don't support the President, I hated just about everything that Obama represented.did he leave the country better than he found it ?? will Trump??
keep waving those pom poms ... saved 700 created - 2500 he's 1800 in the hole

Wife company
Genesis Health Care Corporation just took away 4 paid holidays took away double time 1\2 if they work a holiday .. and reduced sick time she's had for the past 18 years.. and the economy the best its been in years coincidence doubtful I call it the Trump effect
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Right, because us "Over 42's" never served our country....

I'll just rip up my DD214 and pretend it never happened...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #24
Linesider82

if youre looking for a draft.. a younger person will be in command.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Interesting that Comey admitted the FBI is investigating if there were ties between the Russians and the Trump campaign (God I hope none, how would they clear that up if both Trump and Pence were involved?). But he would not say if they were investigating to find out who leaked the fact the Mike Flynn was recorded talking with the Russian ambassador. Whoever leaked that to the press, I believe committed an obvious crime.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #26
Linesider82

All I am saying is the talk today could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war, and they (us gov) will not pick you. They will choose me, they will choose my children ... or in this case (he's 2 ) will choose him in the future. I will teach him respect for guns and how to fire them. I will teach him how to be accurate, quiet, and how to be undetectable in his approach. I lost my baseball coach in the 911 attack, my father lost a hunting partner, after the sandy hook ordeal, I am fully aware of that attack, everything else since then seems to be unrelated. Every Democrat including those in my state of CT seems to state the same on the school attacks, I personally know Mrs. Murphy who was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. I personally know her husband because he was my father's hunting partner and he believes the progression of gun laws is wrong. Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to. He is still strong on gun rights, despite all the Murphy / Bluementhal talk.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
All I am saying is the talk today could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war, and they (us gov) will not pick you. They will choose me, they will choose my children ... or in this case (he's 2 ) will choose him in the future. I will teach him respect for guns and how to fire them. I will teach him how to be accurate, quiet, and how to be undetectable in his approach. I lost my baseball coach in the 911 attack, my father lost a hunting partner, after the sandy hook ordeal, I am fully aware of that attack, everything else since then seems to be unrelated. Every Democrat including those in my state of CT seems to state the same on the school attacks, I personally know Mrs. Murphy who was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. I personally know her husband because he was my father's hunting partner and he believes the progression of gun laws is wrong. Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to. He is still strong on gun rights, despite all the Murphy / Bluementhal talk.
"could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war"

Against Russia? Or ISIS? The world is a very, very unstable place, no doubt. North Korea is led by an absolute maniac, who is doing everything he can to get nukes.

"Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to."

Why shouldn't he be able to talk about something?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #28
Linesider82

Who is over 42 in this discussion?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #29
buckman

Quote:
Who is over 42 in this discussion?
I'm well north of that .
Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #30
Linesider82

Buckman, I feel like you have served this country. I'm not certain but thank you if you have.
Paul S you look like a young Robert Redford I hope the others will protect you.
Wdmso, thank you sincerely for your service and your son's current service. My thoughts are wholeheartedly with you and your son.
Wilson, you quoted Snoop? Gressak says hi, we need a proper intro on some fishy water this year. You are crossing too many paths with me.
TheDadFisherman thank you for your service!

Jim in CT, you are a strange one. Stop it with the carrier deal it wasn't trump. It was only Pence, who could legally handle that unless you're implicating the president on illegal actions? Next thing you'll want is a bailout of the auto industry.....