Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #871
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Former Republican Governor of NJ, Christine Todd Whitman:

“There is no Republican Party.

It has become a dangerous cult in the thrall of a narcissistic, delusional, dictator wannabe.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Kamala Harris says Biden’s positions on race relations are “hurtful.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ationists.html
Old 02-08-2022, 02:00 AM   #872
Pete F.
Canceled

Chicago banker Stephen Calk wanted a term in the Trump cabinet. This afternoon he got a one year and a day term in federal prison for $16m “corrupt” loans to 2016 campaign boss Paul Manafort.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:10 AM   #873
Pete F.
Canceled

Nikki Haley on Pence statement: I’m not a fan of Republicans going after Republicans

Wait till she hears about Trump
Old 02-08-2022, 02:13 AM   #874
Pete F.
Canceled

Or maybe she should wait till she hears about … Nikki Haley.

Haley referring to Trump and Jan. 6: “We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again."
Old 02-08-2022, 05:00 AM   #875
scottw

when pete posts these quotes, most of them are people that I was unaware were still alive...

pete, we'll keep Haley

but we'll happily trade CTW for Tulsi, I know Tulsi is more Bernie than Trump but she doesn't sound happy affiliated with the dems

'[Joe Biden] is rapidly carrying our country in the wrong direction, tearing us apart, pouring fuel on the flames of divisiveness,' said Gabbard
Old 02-08-2022, 07:46 AM   #876
Pete F.
Canceled

What I appreciate about Nikki Haley is how consistent she’s been in forcefully voicing this principle, especially when Donald Trump was attacking Repub….hahahahahahahahahahah
Old 02-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #877
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if you didn’t make it up, all you’d have to do is provide the source.

you lie about a quote, but the flaw is mine. no better example of liberalism than that.

Your a child . Only you would think there would be a link to 1 comment out of 100 on a story.. like I said you need to. Pay attention

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pe...04/id/1055573/

JUDAS PENCE IS FINISHED HIS JOB WAS TO TURN IT BACK TO THE STATES BECAUSE THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH PROOF THIS ELECTION WAS RIGGED AND OUR VOTES STOLEN PENCE DID NOT DO HIS JOB

Here’s your childish mask story. Funny Jim all your outrage comments I find on newsmax or the daily mail are almost identical to their headline? Funny how that works

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ba...CommentSection

The 1st comment. Is chimpanzee

Odd Hawaii Masks are always required indoors

The photos show Obama speaking to at least four other men with the construction firm Armstrong Builders, all of whom were masked up. Masks are not required to be worn outside in Hawaii.

I guess Jim or Scott or all the others on the outrage merry go round

Never considered the men in masks was company policy

Last edited by wdmso; 02-08-2022 at 09:29 AM..
Old 02-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #878
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Your a child . Only you would think there would be a link to 1 comment out of 100 on a story.. like I said you need to. Pay attention

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pe...04/id/1055573/

JUDAS PENCE IS FINISHED HIS JOB WAS TO TURN IT BACK TO THE STATES BECAUSE THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH PROOF THIS ELECTION WAS RIGGED AND OUR VOTES STOLEN PENCE DID NOT DO HIS JOB

Here’s your childish mask story. Funny Jim all your outrage comments I find on newsmax or the daily mail are almost identical to their headline? Funny how that works

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ba...CommentSection

The 1st comment. Is chimpanzee

Odd Hawaii Masks are always required indoors

The photos show Obama speaking to at least four other men with the construction firm Armstrong Builders, all of whom were masked up. Masks are not required to be worn outside in Hawaii.

I guess Jim or Scott or all the others on the outrage merry go round

Never considered the men in masks was company policy
you provided a statement that you put in quotes. where’d you get it?!

it’s a pretty simple question. unless you made it up.

i’m not even a little outraged. i’m just wondering what source you used, which claimed that the gop base, said what you claimed it said. how can the “gop base” make a comment anyway?
Old 02-08-2022, 03:27 PM   #879
wdmso

Quote:
you provided a statement that you put in quotes. where’d you get it?!

it’s a pretty simple question. unless you made it up.

i’m not even a little outraged. i’m just wondering what source you used, which claimed that the gop base, said what you claimed it said. how can the “gop base” make a comment anyway?
you still can't it figure out, where I got it ? and Jim its a real Quote one among many if you took the time to look
Old 02-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #880
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you still can't it figure out, where I got it ? and Jim its a real Quote one among many if you took the time to look
i’d be happy to look, if you’d provide the source.

how, exactly, did you get a quote from “the gop base”? they all got together and crafted a statement, and signed it “the GOP base”?

i’d just love to see the source.

2 gop governors said this week trump shouldn’t run again. not enough, hopefully a start.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:56 PM   #881
detbuch

Quote:
i’d be happy to look, if you’d provide the source.

how, exactly, did you get a quote from “the gop base”? they all got together and crafted a statement, and signed it “the GOP base”?

i’d just love to see the source.

2 gop governors said this week trump shouldn’t run again. not enough, hopefully a start.
Jim, wdmso has constantly shown us about everything--he has figured it out.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #882
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yup. The GOP base is the Klan, and the Democrat base are the nicest people on the left.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:41 PM   #883
Pete F.
Canceled

First Pence: “He was wrong!”

Now McConnell: “It was a violent insurrection!”

They know something is going down. Soon.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:09 PM   #884
Jim in CT

Quote:
First Pence: “He was wrong!”

Now McConnell: “It was a violent insurrection!”

They know something is going down. Soon.
Pence refused to follow Trumps orders 13 months ago, which would appear to indicate that all along, Pence thought Trump was wrong.

Yet you're trying to make it appear as if Pence is jumping on a bandwagon. Why? Why can't you be honest?
Old 02-08-2022, 05:49 PM   #885
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #886
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pence refused to follow Trumps orders 13 months ago, which would appear to indicate that all along, Pence thought Trump was wrong.

Yet you're trying to make it appear as if Pence is jumping on a bandwagon. Why? Why can't you be honest?
You think what Pence did was “honest”
What did Pence say in the past 13 months?
What did he know?
Why now after his staff testified is he trying to generate some distance from Trump?

Why is McConnell saying out loud "We all were here. We saw what happened. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That's what it was."

Cold and calculating, Mitch does not like to be on the losing side. Pay attention.

Are they now RINOs and not Republicans like you claim about Kinzinger and Cheney?

You and your ilk are responsible for the stain that Trump will leave on the Republican Party, he makes Nixon look like a saint.

Hopefully no one will make the mistake that was made by Ford and pardon him

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #887
scottw

Quote:
He’s got a few

Judge temporarily halts Youngkin order making masks optional in Va. schools after lawsuit from school boards

The Virginia Senate voted 29–9 on Tuesday to approve an amendment that would make masking optional in schools regardless of rules adopted by local school boards.

State Senator Chap Peterson, a Democrat, proposed the rule on the Senate floor on Tuesday as an amendment to a bill from state Senator Siobhan Dunnavant, a Republican, that would require school boards to permanently offer in-person instruction.

Petersen’s floor amendment would allow any parent with a child enrolled in public school or any school-based early childhood-care program to send their child to class without a mask “notwithstanding any other provision of law or any regulation, rule, or policy implemented by a school board, school division, school official, or other state or local authority.”

The bipartisan vote comes as Governor Glenn Youngkin has faced legal challenges to his executive order making masking optional in schools.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:04 PM   #888
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
The Virginia Senate voted 29–9 on Tuesday to approve an amendment that would make masking optional in schools regardless of rules adopted by local school boards.

State Senator Chap Peterson, a Democrat, proposed the rule on the Senate floor on Tuesday as an amendment to a bill from state Senator Siobhan Dunnavant, a Republican, that would require school boards to permanently offer in-person instruction.

Petersen’s floor amendment would allow any parent with a child enrolled in public school or any school-based early childhood-care program to send their child to class without a mask “notwithstanding any other provision of law or any regulation, rule, or policy implemented by a school board, school division, school official, or other state or local authority.”

The bipartisan vote comes as Governor Glenn Youngkin has faced legal challenges to his executive order making masking optional in schools.
bitch. slapped.
Old 02-09-2022, 05:52 AM   #889
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
bitch. slapped.
"In much of the United States, adults have the option of returning to life essentially as we knew it in 2019." Yes, nothing says 2019 like a million dead.

"However, children continue to experience disproportionate restrictions, and the costs are mounting. Youth depression, suspected suicide attempts, drug overdose deaths, and obesity have all risen dramatically during the pandemic."

These two sentence imply that "disproportionate restrictions" caused all these downstream effects. It's manipulative, and well, absolutely unsupported by the data. Never you mind. They have an agenda to push.

"The unintended consequences of pandemic restrictions are now a greater risk to our children than COVID, and we must act on that reality."

Perhaps, that 1 in 4 COVID deaths here in the US leaves a child w/o a caretaker, might be worth mentioning?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2022, 06:24 AM   #890
Jim in CT

Quote:
"In much of the United States, adults have the option of returning to life essentially as we knew it in 2019." Yes, nothing says 2019 like a million dead.

"However, children continue to experience disproportionate restrictions, and the costs are mounting. Youth depression, suspected suicide attempts, drug overdose deaths, and obesity have all risen dramatically during the pandemic."

These two sentence imply that "disproportionate restrictions" caused all these downstream effects. It's manipulative, and well, absolutely unsupported by the data. Never you mind. They have an agenda to push.

"The unintended consequences of pandemic restrictions are now a greater risk to our children than COVID, and we must act on that reality."

Perhaps, that 1 in 4 COVID deaths here in the US leaves a child w/o a caretaker, might be worth mentioning?
you’re like the kid who eats bugs at school, hoping that will
make others like him.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:26 AM   #891
scottw

Quote:

perhaps....

I read the "study"...lot's of "estimating" to arrive at the conclusion in a study that appears obsessed more with race and equity than anything else...

"To estimate numbers of children orphaned by death of a parent" we........

Our outcomes were consequences of COVID-19–associated death of parents or coresiding grandparents and included orphanhood, loss of primary caregivers, and loss of primary or secondary caregivers (Fig 1). We defined orphanhood as death of one or both parents.6 Primary caregivers have been described as parents or grandparents responsible for most basic needs and care and secondary caregivers as grandparents providing some basic needs or care.18,30,31 We defined loss of primary caregivers as the sum of orphanhood, death of custodial grandparents providing parental care for their grandchildren in the absence of parents,32 or death of coresiding grandparents (living with grandchild[ren] and child’s parents) responsible for most basic needs (eg, food, housing, clothing, and day care).18 We operationalized loss of secondary caregivers as death of grandparents providing housing but not most basic needs.

so basically if anyone in a child's life dies either "with" covid or "from" covid it leaves them "orphaned" and according to you "without a caretaker"

good job!
Old 02-09-2022, 06:27 AM   #892
Jim in CT

Quote:
you’re like the kid who eats bugs at school, hoping that will make others like him.

no one is saying we didn’t need to take any precautions. as always, you’re responding to things no one said.

However, we dont need to deprive children of a normal childhood. that does more harm than good.

take precautions with adults, especially those with comorbidities. let kids be kids. is that going too fast for you?

jesus there’s no lie you won’t tell.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #893
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re like the kid who eats bugs at school, hoping that will
make others like him.
Projection is your strong point

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2022, 10:50 AM   #894
Jim in CT

Quote:
Projection is your strong point
Zing!!! You sure showed me!
Old 02-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #895
Pete F.
Canceled

As an MD said
And she’s Asian so she gets double points

When people tell me that kids wearing masks are “abused & impaired”:

I come from Japan where I’ve been masking since I was little. I never felt “abused”—in fact I felt HONORED to help others.

Then I grew up to be a bada$$ doctor so…I’m pretty sure I’m not “impaired” either.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:31 PM   #896
detbuch

Quote:
As an MD said
And she’s Asian so she gets double points

When people tell me that kids wearing masks are “abused & impaired”:

I come from Japan where I’ve been masking since I was little. I never felt “abused”—in fact I felt HONORED to help others.

Then I grew up to be a bada$$ doctor so…I’m pretty sure I’m not “impaired” either.
It's probably her inherent Asian cultural ethic of studying hard and working hard that enabled her to "grew up to be a bada$$ doctor" instead of being abused and impaired like so many "poor victim" Americans.

No doubt you believe we should create Progressive policies and "programs" for universal equity which don't require such cultural ethics.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:58 PM   #897
wdmso

Trump: McConnell 'Does Not Speak for the Republican Party

'https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/donald-trump-senate-leader-mcconnell-rnc/2022/02/09/id/1056189/

where TDS is Alive and well and were not talking Democrats
Old 02-09-2022, 04:35 PM   #898
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
It's probably her inherent Asian cultural ethic of studying hard and working hard that enabled her to "grew up to be a bada$$ doctor" instead of being abused and impaired like so many "poor victim" Americans.

No doubt you believe we should create Progressive policies and "programs" for universal equity which don't require such cultural ethics.
Can you just imagine the effect that masks are having on our kids?

They’re going to turn out to have real educational deficiencies, like those kids from China, Korea and Japan that wear masks and are taking all the top seats in our universities.

Oh wait… LOL

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2022, 05:00 PM   #899
detbuch

Quote:
Can you just imagine the effect that masks are having on our kids?

They’re going to turn out to have real educational deficiencies, like those kids from China, Korea and Japan that wear masks and are taking all the top seats in our universities.

Oh wait… LOL
Oh wait . . . many of our kids have had educational deficiencies worse than kids from China, Korea and Japan before Covid. But they had the advantage of growing into freer more diverse societies. Now with various Covid mandates, they are also learning to accept the regimentation of Asian cultures on top of there already existing culturally driven educational deficiencies. Maybe if we get used to stricter mandates because of "crises" we can become more like China.

And the Asians were taking top seats in our universities before Covid and mask mandates.

Not sure, but your bit sounds a lot like one of wdmso's false analogies.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:29 PM   #900
wdmso

Pence betrayed Trump. Marc Short is a Koch Network dog. Meadows is a fool and a coward. Cheney and Kinzinger are useful idiots for Nancy Pelosi and the woke Left,” Mr. Navarro wrote in an email.

Jim i bet you think I made up his quote also LoL