Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #91
cheferson

Why don't we deport all the American citizens (also criminals) who employ illegal immigrants??
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 AM   #92
Raven

Arrow because

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheferson
Why don't we deport all the American citizens (also criminals) who employ illegal immigrants??
since 9-11-01 .............when security supposedly got tighter only 3 companies were fined for hiring illegal aliens...in the USA

that was down from before 9-11 and essentially the government
is just looking the other way....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #93
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheferson
Well, they are American citizens so i dont know where you can deport them too. They should be fined though. This is a totaly seperate issue than what we've been discussing. However, employers couldn't hire illigals if the Illegals were'nt here here in the first place!

Its still mind boggling how people avoid this issue and change the subject to avoid the LEGAL vs. ILLEGAL debate. Illegalls cut in front of the line and knowone cares? WTF?? Hell, next time i'm at Disneyworld i'm going right to the front of all the lines, screw all the people that are in front of me. I'm doing it MY way and they can all kiss my ass. And i'm hoping all you guys here who defend the Illegals for cutting in line will defend me for cutting in also. Sound kinda familar doesnt it?
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #94
spence

Who's defending illegals cutting in line?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #95
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
However, employers couldn't hire illigals if the Illegals were'nt here here in the first place!
What kind of nonsense is that....."Gee your honor, I wouldn't have robbed that liqour store if it wasn't there in the 1st Place"

That isn't an excuse for Illegal Hiring Practices...They're breaking the law just as much as the Illegal Immigrants are....even worse.

At least The ones getting hired are doing so to put food on the table....the ones doing the hiring are doing so to take advantage of them and the system.

How about a little jail time to the people doing the hiring instead of a fine....Lets see I saved $20 000 this year by having this Mexican woman clean my house but they just fined me $5,000.....i'm still up $15,000.......not bad

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #96
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman
What kind of nonsense is that....."Gee your honor, I wouldn't have robbed that liqour store if it wasn't there in the 1st Place"

That isn't an excuse for Illegal Hiring Practices...They're breaking the law just as much as the Illegal Immigrants are....even worse.

At least The ones getting hired are doing so to put food on the table....the ones doing the hiring are doing so to take advantage of them and the system.

How about a little jail time to the people doing the hiring instead of a fine....Lets see I saved $20 000 this year by having this Mexican woman clean my house but they just fined me $5,000.....i'm still up $15,000.......not bad

I'm not using that as a defense for employers, im saying of we had no illegals they could'nt hire them. In other words get rid of the Illegals. Did you you not just read where i said employers should be punished???

Illegals should be punished, as should people who hire them knowing they are hiring illigals. Its pretty simple
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #97
Diamond Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence

I have read that it's estimated illegals pay up to 7 Billion in Social Security taxes alone yearly, and this doesn't factor in Medicare, state, sales or property taxes which would add considerably. Much of this they see no benefit from.
-spence

You dont think IF and WHEN they get amnest they will come looking for that 7 BILLION $$$$ which was paid into their BOGUS accts under bogus ss#s. Im thinking a first year ambulance chaser could win that case. Nice little nest egg for them I would say. "unclaimed $" that would have to be paid back.
I pay$400/mo for medical insurance(and am grateful to have it).. $30 co pay every time I visit my doctor. IF i get really sick, at some point Im sure I would be cutoff, maybe lose my house and everything else too.
These people walk,crawl,slither into ANY hospital and get free medical care, 24/7, its like a 7/11 to them. and thats not supposed to PI$$ me off ??

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #98
Raven

Arrow not to mention tdf

Quote:

they (the illegals) have been ripped off by many companies (patrons) who call imigration "themselves" just before they have to pay them....so they wont have to pay them at all...

i've seen it first hand while living in california so close to the border.

hell, i've purposely made "the migra" chase me so they won't catch the other guys...or else i'd get stuck unloading the whole damn truck load of fertilizer by myself when i worked at a golf course there.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #99
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman
You dont think IF and WHEN they get amnest they will come looking for that 7 BILLION $$$$ which was paid into their BOGUS accts under bogus ss#s.
Actually Tin, the IRS allows illegals to pay Social Security taxes legally using a special form.

-spence
Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #100
Skip N

Quote:
Who's defending illegals cutting in line?

-spence
Sure sounds like alot of you are, even you are trying to compare Illegals hopping fences on the border to me getting a speeding ticket. Wich is obsurd by the way. Someone went to the we slaughtered native americans card, so all of us should leave the country. I see alot of people avoiding the term Illegal and lumping them in with legal immigrants. lots of excuses and people showing sympathy for people who cheat the system and spit on our laws. I just dont get it
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #101
spence

No Skippy, what some are doing is presenting nuances of the real situation. It might be easy to take a knee-jerk approach and just shout for mass deportation, but that's not going to lead to any meaningful solutions...

-spence
Old 05-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #102
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Skip:
I made a point a while back in the thread, and wasnt calling anyone out...
BUT unless you KNOW for certain you're ancestors were Native American or came to America Legally, then you really dont have a leg to stand on...
Maybe everyone against illegal immigrants and is pro-deporting them can vouch for their ancestry, I'm not sure I can...

My take on this is that if you want to close to borders, arm those wack job Minutemen, build a fence, whatever, go for it. I see two MAJOR hurdles.
1. Show me the plan for gaurding the ENTIRE border to keep illegals out and enforce the law on those that sneak in anyways I dont think it is possible.
2. Show me a plan for deporting or jailing 11Million illegals who are already here and breaking the law...

You show me how these things will/can be accomplished without erupting into a civil war,
and maybe this would work... I see nothing but catastrophy if this goes through...

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 05-02-2006 at 09:45 AM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #103
ScottC

The coast guard get deployed in full force to round up, and deliver all illegals to Mexico, then they are assigned to gaurd the border.

I can vouch for my legal status, my ancestors have only been here a couple generations.

in order to have civil war break out, your CITIZENS have to arm themselves and fight the government. THis will not happen, no way no how.
ScottC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #104
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

QUOTE=ScottCThe coast guard get deployed in full force to round up, and deliver all illegals to Mexico, then they are assigned to gaurd the border.

The CG's are already underfunded and overstretched... would need to double their budget and fleet. Also, ever see a CG stand in the Arizona desert in August?

"I can vouch for my legal status, my ancestors have only been here a couple generations."

Scott, I wasnt calling anyone out, but you have a leg to stand on in the argument then....

"in order to have civil war break out, your CITIZENS have to arm themselves and fight the government. THis will not happen, no way no how"

I'm not advocating that, I'm saying they try deporting 11Mil people and violence of some kind probably will errupt.....

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #105
ScottC

Also , we declare war on mexico, but do not invade, this way when they try to jump the border we can shoot them as invaders instead of have to round them up again. You do that a few times and they will stop coming.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #106
ScottC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND
QUOTE=ScottCThe coast guard get deployed in full force to round up, and deliver all illegals to Mexico, then they are assigned to gaurd the border.

The CG's are already underfunded and overstretched... would need to double their budget and fleet. Also, ever see a CG stand in the Arizona desert in August?

"I can vouch for my legal status, my ancestors have only been here a couple generations."

Scott, I wasnt calling anyone out, but you have a leg to stand on in the argument then....

"in order to have civil war break out, your CITIZENS have to arm themselves and fight the government. THis will not happen, no way no how"

I'm not advocating that, I'm saying they try deporting 11Mil people and violence of some kind probably will errupt.....

Stand where? We build them nice outposts with AC, this is the USA after all and we need to just pull our sorry aasses out od Iraq and have our guys defend somthing worth defending, out own borders
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #107
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC
The coast guard get deployed in full force to round up, and deliver all illegals to Mexico, then they are assigned to gaurd the border.
That should get rid of all of the Illegals......

And the Bonus is the Price of Heroin and Cocaine will be WAY down as the Supply should Go WAY up because the Coast Guard is busy doing the INS's Job instead of patroling the Waters like they were intended to do. So it will be open season for the Drug Traffickers

Old 05-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #108
ScottC

Quote:
That should get rid of all of the Illegals......

And the Bonus is the Price of Heroin and Cocaine will be WAY down as the Supply should Go WAY up because the Coast Guard is busy doing the INS's Job instead of patroling the Waters like they were intended to do. So it will be open season for the Drug Traffickers
Really huh? So them fighting over in iraq is ok though? Our waters are voulnerable right now? All the drug traffickers are running rampid right now right?

Yeah right.

You take the guys out of Iraq, and put them on our southern border, This is not hard to understand.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #109
ScottC

Taske every man out of Iraq, and put them on our border, you get them home, and basicly out of harms way. And clean up our imigration problem.

Ok, now pick that apart with pathetically weak arguments hahahah,
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #110
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Really huh? So them fighting over in iraq is ok though? Our waters are voulnerable right now? All the drug traffickers are running rampid right now right?

Yeah right.

You take the guys out of Iraq, and put them on our southern border, This is not hard to understand.
I'm confused.. take the CG's out of Iraq or the army out of Iraq to defend the border???

There are ~1951 miles of border between Mexico and the US... thats alot of gaurding.... show me a plan (the gov't) that can accomplish this.. I say it is BS.... cant be done.
I'm ignoring 5000 miles shared with Canada, so they sneak into canada and then sneak across there....

Bryan

Old 05-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #111
spence

Bryan, he's just spouting nonsense to string you along

-spence
Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #112
ScottC

Quote:

-spence
HAHAHA, your redicluous comments don't even belong in this argument.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #113
Raven

Arrow they'd all be back in a week!

if you could wave a magic wand today...

and they were all gone... all back in mexico........

there is no stopping that force... a fence?
is a JOKE

there is only...... changing the law....

and Scot : going to war with mexico
would start a civil war here...
like we've never seen before...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #114
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

-spence
No doubt... however this is typical...

If I were to apply for research money saying I'm going to do this without a how, when etc... it would get laughed at...
Congress can say 11Million people will get deported and our borders secured... but there is no How or when..... go figure....

Bryan

Old 05-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #115
ScottC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND
I'm confused.. take the CG's out of Iraq or the army out of Iraq to defend the border???

There are ~1951 miles of border between Mexico and the US... thats alot of gaurding.... show me a plan (the gov't) that can accomplish this.. I say it is BS.... cant be done.
I'm ignoring 5000 miles shared with Canada, so they sneak into canada and then sneak across there....
Ofcourse you say it is BS, your commited to failure, you will never understand how it can be done.

We defend it the same way we invade countries. With military force, sure this sounds extreme . Every war we have ever fought sounded extreme.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #116
spence

Oh come now, Scott has plenty of "How".

I'm sure his next idea will be to hire "Snake Plissken"

-spence
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #117
ScottC

Quote:
Oh come now, Scott has plenty of "How".

I'm sure his next idea will be to hire "Snake Plissken"

-spence
Lets here some of your ideas smart guy, so far you have made a fool out of yourself and the only time anyone acknowledges you is when you throw out childish comments like this one.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 AM   #118
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Really huh? So them fighting over in iraq is ok though?
Umm.....NO...But thats a different thread and a different argument.

I would love to hear how the Coast Guard is going to patrol the borders in their cutters though...that should be interesting.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #119
ScottC

Quote:
Umm.....NO...But thats a different thread and a different argument.

I would love to hear how the Coast Guard is going to patrol the borders in their cutters though...that should be interesting.
Another redicluous comment, and it is not a different thread, I used the war specifically bacause you said out coasts would be unguarded, and I proved it is not due to them being is iraq already, very simple.

Cutters on land huh hahahaha.

I just realized I am aruging with delusional people!

I am done
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #120
spence

Quote:
Lets here some of your ideas smart guy, so far you have made a fool out of yourself and the only time anyone acknowledges you is when you throw out childish comments like this one.
I've made a fool out of myself? Oh please...

So far you've suggested we replace 11 million people with 2 million inmates, use the US Military for a domestic assult ala Afghanistan and Iraq and turn the border into a carnival shooting gallery.

I'd say the Snake Plissken comment was right in line, and damn funny to boot

-spence