Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Lance the Doosh

Serioulsy, WTF can you say. What an absolute ass this guy is.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Who cares !
Every sport has dopers & cheaters.
Sucks that the media pushed this story out front as a diversion over much more important stories they don't want to report.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
PaulS

Can't see the video but agree w/your statement about what an ass he is. He was a bully who ruined people's lives.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Who cares !
Every sport has dopers & cheaters.
Sucks that the media pushed this story out front as a diversion over much more important stories they don't want to report.
this guy sold himself as some amazing success story, agresively went after and sued people who said he doped and built up a whole brand around himself. People all over the world wearing yellow bracelets and the guy comes out as a complete fraud. its a big story and he continues to show what a loser he really us

Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Whoever thought he was clean is also a doosh.The only thing I care less about is the Manti Teo saga.
Lance is just another Texan who thinks he can skirt the rules,Roger Clemens in bike shorts.Any guess where Roger is from?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I agree with Raider Ron!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

well maybe you two didnt have both your parents die from cancer, maybe you didnt have all your families wearing the stupid yellow bracelets and sign of hope that some guy who battled cancer came to the top of the cyling world. His bullshat inspired people. And the loser denied it repeatedly for years. It was a whole movement based on lies. pretty f'in sad. I remember my dad, barely able to move joking that he was goign to buy a bike when he got out of hospice. Big frikin laugh.
I can give a crap less if you cheat in sports, but he cheated people who had nothing left to hope for and thats dispicable. theres alot of kids in dana farber and hospitals around the US with thos braclets and looked to LA as a hero. Disgusting

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 01-18-2013 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Total douche rocket! I can't believe those yellow things are bracelets?
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
Hookedagain

They should make him re-do the Tour De France on a Huffy with no seat!
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Jimmy,it sounds to me like Lance was able to help and inspire your Dad.If you had given him a placebo and he said it helped that doesn't make the placebo a fraud.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Piscator

A man is only as good as his word.............

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jimmy,it sounds to me like Lance was able to help and inspire your Dad.If you had given him a placebo and he said it helped that doesn't make the placebo a fraud.
tell that to all the kids who are still alive. Do you guys have any clue how big this stuff was/is? There is a whole f'in section of clothes and crap in #^&#^&#^&#^&;s sporting good, aisles of stuff! this guys didnt just cheat, he marketed his success as a role model. dispicable

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Stron.../dp/B000786JXC

Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Piscator

Nike might want to regroup on who they sponsor in the future:

Tiger Woods
Lance Armstrong

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post

Tiger Woods
Lance Armstrong

watch at around 31 seconds. just great. how can a human being make a commercial like this?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post

watch at around 31 seconds. just great. how can a human being make a commercial like this?
Greed, Money, Fame etc etc

Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:

Tiger Woods
Lance Armstrong
Phil Knight is already humming about giving him a "second chance".

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

Quote:
tell that to all the kids who are still alive. Do you guys have any clue how big this stuff was/is? There is a whole f'in section of clothes and crap in #^&#^&#^&#^&;s sporting good, aisles of stuff! this guys didnt just cheat, he marketed his success as a role model. dispicable

Amazon.com: Official Live Strong Lance Armstrong Wristband YOUTH size: Sports & Outdoors
Jimmy you seem a little confused but I feel I can help you.Lance is a cheat like ALL the steroid users,but I defy you to find another athlete who has done as much to help any charity.Trust me when I tell you that all the people who are suffering from this disease have benefitted greatly from Lances efforts.I realize he was a bully,selfish,etc. and I think he is getting what he has coming to him for his years of deceit. But you can't count all the money that Livestrong has raised to battle cancer,and the millions who have died with a feeling of hope like your Dad.I am guessing that in his 7 tour victories there were <10% of clean riders at the start of each race.I know this doesn't make it right.When the poop hit the fan he fought back like he was cornered in an alley until overcome with accusers.I think America forgives him faster than they did Tiger,once the truth comes out and our tabloid society appetite is satiated.BTW,my Mom still wears the bracelet and she is a survivor,a grateful one at that.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jimmy you seem a little confused but I feel I can help you.Lance is a cheat like ALL the steroid users,but I defy you to find another athlete who has done as much to help any charity.Trust me when I tell you that all the people who are suffering from this disease have benefitted greatly from Lances efforts.I realize he was a bully,selfish,etc. and I think he is getting what he has coming to him for his years of deceit. But you can't count all the money that Livestrong has raised to battle cancer,and the millions who have died with a feeling of hope like your Dad.I am guessing that in his 7 tour victories there were <10% of clean riders at the start of each race.I know this doesn't make it right.When the poop hit the fan he fought back like he was cornered in an alley until overcome with accusers.I think America forgives him faster than they did Tiger,once the truth comes out and our tabloid society appetite is satiated.BTW,my Mom still wears the bracelet and she is a survivor,a grateful one at that.
thats beautiful. Im not confused. I stand by my comments - a dispicable doosh.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
Redsoxticket

This leaves the question if the cancer was faked.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
Sea Dangles

Quote:
thats beautiful. Im not confused. I stand by my comments - a dispicable doosh.
Either get spellcheck or rent despicable me

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
This leaves the question if the cancer was faked.
Or, more likely, that PED usage may have caused or contributed to it.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_G View Post
Or, more likely, that PED usage may have caused or contributed to it.
It could also have been from repeatedly smashing his nuts against the bike seat for all those years. (You canal bike guys best be careful!!)

Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Given the fact that vitually everybody on that tour doped their is logical reasoning to think that the playing field was level, because everyone on the tour doped. Tyler Hamilton said so. And he is the one that outed Lance and helped bring him down. All that is saying is that he won regardless. He would have won if they took away the drugs, because he was in the best shape, and he would have won which he did with the drugs, because he was in the best shape. Its not like he was in the same shape I am in, juiced himself up, and came away a winner seven years in a row.

And my wife thinks the same way, and she has had a mastectomy, and currently very healthy.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #24
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:

Tiger Woods
Lance Armstrong

NIKE just signed Rory Mcelroy to a $200,000,000.00 sponsership. Good golfer, nice neighborhood.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
Hookedagain

Quote:
It could also have been from repeatedly smashing his nuts against the bike seat for all those years. (You canal bike guys best be careful!!)
Good advice. I am going to put a hole in my seat for added comfort. You guys are always looking out for each other.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #26
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

It was not a level field. The teams with money had better doping, and the better riders doping. And while the tour has an individual winner, ie. Lance, there is still the team functioning to propel him, draft for him, and block for him. There is no way any member of that team besides Lance would have a remote chance to win. They had their job to get him the win. Tyler was a member of that team at one point, and knew he could not win, because it was not his job. And if he had come public earlier, he felt he would have been causing dozens of people to lose their jobs. That was the pressure on him. He only came forward when he was forced to before a federal grand jury. I know Tyler and spoke with him two days after the 60Minutes interview was filmed. I congratulated him for telling the truth and on being the man he dreamed he could and would be. Yet he was shocked that I had long believed that doping was rampant. One would have to be very naïve to believe that Lance wasn't doping.... A lot of similarities between Lance and Tiger it seems.....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
A lot of similarities between Lance and Tiger it seems.....
what similarities? Was tiger leading a pro-marriage campaign? Was he a counselor on family values? Did he create an image for himself and a personal brand that he was an ideal husband? Tigers brand was based on his golf talent. Armstrongs brand was based on his conquering cancer and being a superior athlete. Armstrongs brand was based on a lie. Was tigers?

You guys are focusing on Armstrong cheating in cycling. If he did that, you're right, many did and do. But he created a brand based on HIMSELF. Livestrong is a take on his name - live strong. He didnt live strong, he lived weak. he cheated, lied and created a FALSE identity of living strong. he didnt deny it for a few months, it was YEARS of lying and fraud. he pumped his body full of unnatural enhancers while leading efforts on healthy living. the guy was a spokesperson for living healthy? WTF?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #28
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Chill, dude.....

The commonality is they both felt the rules did not apply to them. Their "greatness" put them above the rules and mores of the common man and therefore they were not to be held accountable. That's all....

Oh, and they were both compensated at ridiculously high values......
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
basswipe

I am so with RIJIMMY on this one.

I've watched death from cancer to many times and this fvck used it as vehicle to advance himself and at the same time DESTROY other peoples LIVES.All over A LIE!

I'll take it further....Lance the puke should spend the rest of his life in jail as far as I'm concerned.Shot would be more satisfying.

Anyone here who has any sympathy or anything positive to say about this loser should be in the same boat as Lance......the one that just got torpedoed.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #30
Nebe

He should run for congress.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote