Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-29-2022, 05:04 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I answered your questions and also pointed out how you are a scummy person who lies and accuses someone of committing a crime when they know there was no law against it at the time.
Where did you tell me how many lies are acceptable, and how many are too many?
Old 12-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
you are a scummy person who lies and accuses someone of committing a crime when they know there was no law against it at the time.
my first mention of the law and Blumenthal's crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Blumenthals lie is far worse worse than anything santos said, which is exactly why today that lie is a crime. unless a democrat tells it, apparently. Gimme a break.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:05 PM   #93
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, since Blumenthal's lie is actually against the law, then on what basis could you conclude that Santos' lies are worse? Other than the fact that Santos is a republican, that is...

"false equivalences"

Wayne, no two events are exactly alike in every single detail. That doesn't mean they aren't somewhat comparable. Every single time yoru hypocrisy is shown, you cry about "false equivalence", yet you never, ever specify why the equivalence is false. Never. I'm giving you a chance to do that here. Why is lie not worse that Santos'?

They passed a law to criminalize what Blumenthal did. SO again, please tell us why his lie is more benign than Santos'?

I'll wait.
What law would that be can’t wait because you have no idea what you’re talking about

But Let me guess stolen valor act ?

You can’t even read the law correctly

federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award.

a Congressional Medal of Honor,
a distinguished-service cross,
a Navy cross,
an Air Force cross,
a silver star,
a Purple Heart,
a Combat Infantryman's Badge,
a Combat Action Badge,
a Combat Medical Badge,
a Combat Action Ribbon,
a Combat Action Medal, or
any replacement or duplicate medal for such medal as authorized by law

I have 2 on the list .

Blumenthal Never claimed he was awarded any of those awards.

But he did say this

Blumenthal responded to a question about Iran by saying, “Although I did not serve in Vietnam, I have seen firsthand the effects of military action, and no one wants it to be the first resort

yet you never, ever specify why the equivalence is false. Never.

I have . you still can’t accept the difference . between a white lie
Or admit Santos behavior isn’t just a lie it’s totally fraudulent made up to misrepresent himself to voters
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #94
PaulS

Quote:
my first mention of the law and Blumenthal's crime...
And then you repeatedly say it was a crime when you specifically know it was not a crime because there was no law at the time. And part of the law is that he has to benefit monetarily which he did not do.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:23 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
And then you repeatedly say it was a crime when you specifically know it was not a crime because there was no law at the time. And part of the law is that he has to benefit monetarily which he did not do.
I said it "is" a crime. Today, it's a crime.

The proof is there in my first post on the topic, Paul, if that wasn't clear enough for you, then you need this stuff expressed in pop-up books.

I can argue Blumenthal did benefit from it. If you can assume Santos' lies helped his election, why can't I assume the same exact thing about Blumenthal? Just because Blumenthal is a democrat?
Old 12-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What law would that be can’t wait because you have no idea what you’re talking about

federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award.

a Navy cross,
an Air Force cross,
a silver star,
a Purple Heart,
a Combat Action Badge,
a Combat Medical Badge,
a Combat Action Ribbon,

I have 2 on the list .

But he did say this

Blumenthal responded to a question about Iran by saying, “Although I did not serve in Vietnam, I have seen firsthand the effects of military action, and no one wants it to be the first resort

Or admit Santos behavior isn’t just a lie it’s totally fraudulent made up to misrepresent himself to voters

Let's be very clear...you're telling us, that Blumenthal never claimed he served in the Vietnam War? IS that what you're saying?

FFS, it was a huge story at the time. He said repeatedly that he served "in Vietnam", and made references to when we all came back from Vietnam.

If, in fact, he has to claim he won medals to break that law, then you are 100% correct he didn't break that law, and I'm 100% wrong. But you are 100% wrong if you say he never claimed to have served in that war. He absolutely made that claim. Many times.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:32 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:

a Navy cross,
an Air Force cross,
a silver star,
a Purple Heart,
a Combat Action Badge,
a Combat Medical Badge,
a Combat Action Ribbon,

I have 2 on the list .

But he did say this

This is from the New York Times...

quotes from Blumenthal, as reported by the New York Times...

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam"

In 2003, he addressed a rally in Bridgeport, where about 100 military families gathered to express support for American troops overseas. “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,”

Asked about the Bridgeport rally, when he told the crowd, “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,” Mr. Blumenthal said he did not recall the event.

But all you can do, is post a quote where he said he didn't serve...even Paul S knows what I'm referring to.

And this guy will keep getting re-elected in CT until he chooses not to run again. He can never be defeated, because the CT voters don't care about his lie.

But you have zero complaint when democrat voters ignore lies told by democrat politicians.

Wayne, I'd love for you to explain why you posted the Blumenthal quote which you chose to post (also in the NYT story I posted), yet you ignored the other quotes which prove he explicitly lied. What was yoru motive, if not just to serve your narrative as always?

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/n...lumenthal.html

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-29-2022 at 06:38 PM..
Old 12-29-2022, 08:04 PM   #98
wdmso

Quote:
This is from the New York Times...

quotes from Blumenthal, as reported by the New York Times...

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam"

In 2003, he addressed a rally in Bridgeport, where about 100 military families gathered to express support for American troops overseas. “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,”

Asked about the Bridgeport rally, when he told the crowd, “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,” Mr. Blumenthal said he did not recall the event.

But all you can do, is post a quote where he said he didn't serve...even Paul S knows what I'm referring to.

And this guy will keep getting re-elected in CT until he chooses not to run again. He can never be defeated, because the CT voters don't care about his lie.

But you have zero complaint when democrat voters ignore lies told by democrat politicians.

Wayne, I'd love for you to explain why you posted the Blumenthal quote which you chose to post (also in the NYT story I posted), yet you ignored the other quotes which prove he explicitly lied. What was yoru motive, if not just to serve your narrative as always?

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/n...lumenthal.html

Wayne, I'd love for you to explain why you posted the Blumenthal quote which you chose to post

Very simple Jim he is admitting he was never in Vietnam regardless of previous comments aka setting the record straight . not doubling down

And seem he was almost as bad as a draft dodger as Trump was (almost)

So there is no law. I figured as much
Who’s lying now. Or perhaps you miss spoke.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:40 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wayne, I'd love for you to explain why you posted the Blumenthal quote which you chose to post

Very simple Jim he is admitting he was never in Vietnam regardless of previous comments aka setting the record straight . not doubling down

And seem he was almost as bad as a draft dodger as Trump was (almost)

So there is no law. I figured as much
Who’s lying now. Or perhaps you miss spoke.
so, if he admits he was never in vietnam, only after getting caught about lying that he was in vietnam…then to you, he never lied in the first place?

that’s some serious logic there wayne.

and then you pivot to trump in order to change the subject…

liz warren lied about native american heritage on a job application to harvard, after that lie she was rewarded with a job paying, i believe, $400k a year. that’s not fraud?

and we all know you continue to vote for her.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:21 PM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

Now it’s back to hit # 27 on Jimmy’s playlist, Senator Warren

He does this even though he believes that character doesn’t matter, apparently he only finds fault with people he calls demeaning names, much like his hero.

A classic example of a false equivalence has been described by author Isaac Asimov:

“…when people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together.”