Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-08-2022, 10:36 PM   #91
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Preliminary list of Jan 6th Lifers

Don Jr
Giuliani
Mark Meadows
Gen Mike Flynn
Roger Stone
Erik Prince
Bannon
Rep Gosar
Gym Jordan
John Eastman
Sen Ron Johnson
Sidney Powell
Sen Graham
Qevin McCarthy
Jenna Ellis
Rep Perry
Ginny Thomas
Alex Jones
Rep Mo Brooks
My Pillow Guy
Trump
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Authoritarian Pete has a hit list.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:27 AM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re wondering about the desperate attempts to change the topic yesterday by Republicans it was revealed that Don Jr. laid out the entire coup plan via text to Mark Meadows 2 days after the election. The conspiracy is falling apart. Have a nice day.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #93
detbuch

Quote:
If you’re wondering about the desperate attempts to change the topic yesterday by Republicans it was revealed that Don Jr. laid out the entire coup plan via text to Mark Meadows 2 days after the election. The conspiracy is falling apart. Have a nice day.
This has no bearing on my day. But it does seem to have perked you up.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:19 AM   #94
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This has no bearing on my day. But it does seem to have perked you up.
It should matter if you actually care about America . And what was attempted by Trump and his supporters no matter how feeble the attempt looked

It’s really not hard you either support what they attempted or you don’t.. its a simple yes or no

No nuance response required
Old 04-09-2022, 10:33 AM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It should matter if you actually care about America . And what was attempted by Trump and his supporters no matter how feeble the attempt looked

It’s really not hard you either support what they attempted or you don’t.. its a simple yes or no

No nuance response required
I care if America can retain itself as a constitutional republic rather than completely becoming a centralized authoritarian state. I don't have a clear and proven picture of what totally occurred on Jan6. I do have a very clear picture of which direction our form of government is and has been going. I don't think Trump and his supporters being convicted of some crime will change our direction toward authoritarian centralization of government. And if he and they are actually guilty of crimes, they deserve just punishment. And if they are not proven guilty, then what will you say?
Old 04-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

“It’s very simple. We have multiple paths. We control them all. We have operational control. Total leverage. Moral high ground. POTUS must start second term now.” - Junior’s text to Mark Meadows leading up to J6.
Every member of the GOP should be asked these questions: Did Trump control you then? Does he control you now?
Old 04-09-2022, 01:42 PM   #97
wdmso

Quote:
I care if America can retain itself as a constitutional republic rather than completely becoming a centralized authoritarian state. I don't have a clear and proven picture of what totally occurred on Jan6. I do have a very clear picture of which direction our form of government is and has been going. I don't think Trump and his supporters being convicted of some crime will change our direction toward authoritarian centralization of government. And if he and they are actually guilty of crimes, they deserve just punishment. And if they are not proven guilty, then what will you say?
direction toward authoritarian centralization of governmen
t

we all know its not Dems leading the country down this road

“Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties,”

what Party is doing this ...
Old 04-09-2022, 01:48 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
t

“Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties,”

which party is routinely punishing americans for exercising their right to practice religion?

which party is constantly trying to silence the other side? preventing them from speaking on college campuses, censoring them from social
media?

which party said that those speaking about hunters laptop ( which we KNOW was legit) were acting as russian agents?

which side says that every single person who disagrees with them about anything, is a hatemongwr and a racist?

let me guess…it’s ok when democrats do it.

you’re saying that republicans want a large federal government, not democrats. whew.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-09-2022 at 01:53 PM..
Old 04-09-2022, 03:59 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

The average fine for rape in Texas is $10,000.

The bail for having an abortion is $500,000.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:01 PM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
which party is routinely punishing americans for exercising their right to practice religion?

which party is constantly trying to silence the other side? preventing them from speaking on college campuses, censoring them from social
media?

which party said that those speaking about hunters laptop ( which we KNOW was legit) were acting as russian agents?

which side says that every single person who disagrees with them about anything, is a hatemongwr and a racist?

let me guess…it’s ok when democrats do it.

you’re saying that republicans want a large federal government, not democrats. whew.
Republicans:
We can’t ban guns, banning never works. Regulation will never work either.

Also Republicans:
Gay kids- regulate em
Abortion- ban it
Women- regulate em
Muslim immigrants- ban em

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republicans:
We can’t ban guns, banning never works. Regulation will never work either.

Also Republicans:
Gay kids- regulate em
Abortion- ban it
Women- regulate em
Muslim immigrants- ban em
let me get this straight.

the republicans want to prevent democrats from ignoring the constitution and banning guns. the democrats want to pretend the second amendment exists, the op wants the feds to obey the constitution.

and that makes the gop the party of big government?
Old 04-09-2022, 04:31 PM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

If you want to claim that the Constitution should be envisioned as seen by the founders, you probably shouldn’t use gun rights as a hat rack.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you want to claim that the Constitution should be envisioned as seen by the founders, you probably shouldn’t use gun rights as a hat rack.
what i’m claiming, is that it’s funny to say that the party that wants to keep the federal government limited by the constitution, they’re the authoritarians.

and you’re saying the party that wants the federal government to be able to decide when the constitution applies and when it doesn’t, they’re the party of an unobtrusive federal government.

sound crazy?
Old 04-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure, for you like McConnell, whatever you need to do to advance your power and your party’s power right now is your definition of morality.
Sad
Old 04-09-2022, 06:47 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure, for you like McConnell, whatever you need to do to advance your power and your party’s power right now is your definition of morality.
Sad
i’m the one saying no one can supercede the constitution. you’re saying democrats should be able to decide when the constitution applies and when it doesn’t.

you want the government to have control. i want the government to be a servant of the constitution. you’re the one who wants massively powerful federal government.

again, you’re some combination of stupid, lying, and crazy.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:26 PM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m the one saying no one can supercede the constitution. you’re saying democrats should be able to decide when the constitution applies and when it doesn’t.

you want the government to have control. i want the government to be a servant of the constitution. you’re the one who wants massively powerful federal government.

again, you’re some combination of stupid, lying, and crazy.
Tell me all about the Constitution and the rule of law

The former president's son and the former president's chief of staff and the former president's longtime political advisors and the former president's deputy attorney general all conspired to overturn an election to keep that former president in power? Got it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #107
detbuch

Quote:
The average fine for rape in Texas is $10,000.

The bail for having an abortion is $500,000.
Tricky Pete is playing with numbers.

Wow, Texas only fines people for rape? No jail time? Actually, for rape the fine is added to jail time of up to 99 years if convicted.

Any jail time for getting an abortion in Texas? Apparently not. Texas law allows civil suits against providers and abettors of abortion after six weeks of pregnancy. But not against the person getting the abortion. The Texas women in question here is being charged with murder. Perhaps that's the reason for the high bail amount and the possibility of jail time. Not all cases are given the same bail costs.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:00 PM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
t

Actually, the law being questioned by the words in your quote, and were spoken by the man who signed bill into law, is not about centralizing government. It weakens the central governments power, dispersing it to the states, if the SCOTUS lets it stand. It is a STATE law, not a federal law.

That is not to say that Republicans have not supported Progressive policies, or not tried to pass unconstitutional laws. Republicans have done far less Progressive destruction of the Constitution then Democrats, and are far more likely than the Democrats to oppose the centralization of political power and growth of the federal government at the expense of the states. And Democrats are far more into the grips of Progressivism than Republicans. So it is that old bugbear of the lesser of two evils.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-09-2022 at 10:09 PM..
Old 04-10-2022, 05:57 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:

The former president's son and the former president's chief of staff and the former president's longtime political advisors and the former president's deputy attorney general all conspired to overturn an election to keep that former president in power? Got it.
and congressional
democrats also tried to overturn a fair election in 2016.

why do you only care when the republicans did it?

if you could
just answer that very simple question, it would explain so much.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:01 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:

so according to you, the gop is the party that wants big federal government, and TX is soft on crime.

You say so…
Old 04-10-2022, 06:07 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Pete, you said TX fines people
$10k for sex crimes, but as detbuch has said, you left out the part that the fine accompanies jail sentences of 5 to 99 years.

How come you left that part out?

When you cherry luck like this, your exclusions always magically help democrats. one might almost think you’re lying intentionally in a desperate attempt to convince yourself that a disappointing election isn’t around the corner

https://www.nedbarnett.com/what-are-...as-sex-crimes/
Old 04-10-2022, 06:34 AM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and congressional
democrats also tried to overturn a fair election in 2016.

why do you only care when the republicans did it?

if you could
just answer that very simple question, it would explain so much.
One president’s son, Don jr, texted the WHCoS a strategy for illegally overturning an election to keep his father in office.

Another president’s son (Hunter Biden) is under investig for tax fraud related to various business deals of his own.

These are not equivalent.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-10-2022, 06:45 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you said TX fines people
$10k for sex crimes, but as detbuch has said, you left out the part that the fine accompanies jail sentences of 5 to 99 years.

How come you left that part out?

When you cherry luck like this, your exclusions always magically help democrats. one might almost think you’re lying intentionally in a desperate attempt to convince yourself that a disappointing election isn’t around the corner

https://www.nedbarnett.com/what-are-...as-sex-crimes/
Welcome to Christo fascism it’s the evangelical version of the Taliban. Ladies, are you ready to be pushed back into the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant? Say goodbye to any rights earned over the years.

“Fundamentalist” “Evangelical” and “Catholic” American Churches have become “Political Organizations,” and are not “Religious Organizations” when they condone “incarceration of Americans defying their religious philosophies.”

There’s a woman charged with murder for an abortion.
Will they next charge any woman who has a miscarriage, who will decide?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-10-2022, 07:07 AM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
One president’s son, Don jr, texted the WHCoS a strategy for illegally overturning an election to keep his father in office.

Another president’s son (Hunter Biden) is under investig for tax fraud related to various business deals of his own.

These are not equivalent.
so you can only discuss things that are exactly equivalent?

what’s next? is the gop the party of high taxes?

what about congressional
democrats trying to nullify the 2016 election to get what they wanted?

all recent presidents and their families are going to get rich. that’s not a huge story. the story with Hunter is the way the media intentionally covered it up to help biden win. no one disputed that

we don’t have an independent media like we need. foxnews is rooting for republicans, everyone else is rooting for democrats.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-10-2022 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #115
wdmso

Quote:
Actually, the law being questioned by the words in your quote, and were spoken by the man who signed bill into law, is not about centralizing government. It weakens the central governments power, dispersing it to the states, if the SCOTUS lets it stand. It is a STATE law, not a federal law.

That is not to say that Republicans have not supported Progressive policies, or not tried to pass unconstitutional laws. Republicans have done far less Progressive destruction of the Constitution then Democrats, and are far more likely than the Democrats to oppose the centralization of political power and growth of the federal government at the expense of the states. And Democrats are far more into the grips of Progressivism than Republicans. So it is that old bugbear of the lesser of two evils.
No the quote was from a judge who issued a stay.

Then you have Texas woman charged with murder for ‘self-induced abortion’

How would government be aware of a self induced abortion?

I doubt progressivism is as dangerous as your suggesting

I saw this

Modern conservatives don’t fear technology, they oppose new technologies that harm their friends. Put simply: renewable energy is a threat to the mining industry,oil and gas industry
Make perfect sense

Their against Gays and abortion and Transgenders . Again because they think it harms their base who are Heavily White, Religious and They prefer authoritarianism to democracy
Old 04-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
No the quote was from a judge who issued a stay.

Then you have Texas woman charged with murder for ‘self-induced abortion’

How would government be aware of a self induced abortion?

I doubt progressivism is as dangerous as your suggesting

I saw this

Modern conservatives don’t fear technology, they oppose new technologies that harm their friends. Put simply: renewable energy is a threat to the mining industry,oil and gas industry
Make perfect sense

Their against Gays and abortion and Transgenders . Again because they think it harms their base who are Heavily White, Religious and They prefer authoritarianism to democracy
conservatives don’t oppose green. energy. we oppose stupid policies. today, it’s stupid to not use our natural resources we’ve been blessed with. if we don’t produce our own gas, we have to buy it from some terrible places. so it doesn’t help the environment, it just strengthens the worst countries in the planet.

what’s the upside to that? what’s the upside to the US buying oil from russia and OPEC instead of getting it here? please explain?
Old 04-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so you can only discuss things that are exactly equivalent?

what’s next? is the gop the party of high taxes?

what about congressional
democrats trying to nullify the 2016 election to get what they wanted?

all recent presidents and their families are going to get rich. that’s not a huge story. the story with Hunter is the way the media intentionally covered it up to help biden win. no one disputed that

we don’t have an independent media like we need. foxnews is rooting for republicans, everyone else is rooting for democrats.

Not too many years from now, few people will remember Hunter Biden.

But as long as America stands, and perhaps even longer, people will remember the former guy was impeached twice and tried to end our constitutional democracy. And the legal system isn't even done with him yet.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Fox News is rooting for Republicans?

Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News sells fear.

Fox & the Republicans work together, and relentlessly hype phantom menaces.

GOPs platform is tax cuts for the rich, low wages for the working class and middle class, and corporations can wreck the environment for profit.

2010 Death panels are coming
BE AFRAID
2014 Sharia law is coming
BE AFRAID
2018 Caravans are coming
BE AFRAID
2022 Critical race theory is coming
BE AFRAID
Old 04-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
conservatives don’t oppose green. energy. we oppose stupid policies. today, it’s stupid to not use our natural resources we’ve been blessed with. if we don’t produce our own gas, we have to buy it from some terrible places. so it doesn’t help the environment, it just strengthens the worst countries in the planet.

what’s the upside to that? what’s the upside to the US buying oil from russia and OPEC instead of getting it here? please explain?
Are you proposing we get rid of the Jones Act?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #120
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not too many years from now, few people will remember Hunter Biden.

But as long as America stands, and perhaps even longer, people will remember the former guy was impeached twice and tried to end our constitutional democracy. And the legal system isn't even done with him yet.
people
won’t remember much about hunter i agree. that’s because there are 35 bigger Biden flops/disasters/policy failures that people will remember.