Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Prediction: Kevin McCarthy will let George Santos be seated because he’s weak and desperately needs his vote. By spring, the real scandal will be the origins of Santos’ money, a scandal McCarthy could have averted but didn’t. And it’ll be big. Because where’s the money from?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-27-2022, 01:34 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

From the HOW LOW CAN ONE GO Department: On George Santos’ claims that his family was Jewish and fled Nazis during WWII: “‘I never claimed to be Jewish,’ he said. ‘I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background, I said I was “JEW-ish.”’”
Old 12-27-2022, 04:48 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
when did i use that as a defense of politicians lying to get elected? i think he should be impeached. You shouldn’t benefit from lying.

Hearing those voices again, eh?
Biden lies, richard blumenthal lies, those are ok. but when a republican does it, THAT is when you care.

Claiming what he did wasn’t illegal
So it’s ok.

That was your statement to defend Trump paying his taxes

Aka in support un ethical behavior

Republican won’t vote to remove him . Kevin needs his vote and House Republicans are to cowardly to put Honesty and integrity before Party

And of course you deflect

But you only care when republicans do it.

Again you confuse telling a lie and being a lie that’s Santos a complete fabrication

Senior House Republicans were so keenly aware of alleged inaccuracies and embellishments in U.S. Rep.–elect George Santos’s professional biography, that the topic became a “running joke,” multiple insiders close to House GOP leadership reportedly told the New York Post.

Such honor and integrity
Old 12-28-2022, 06:59 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Santos is the defacto face of today's Republican Party. A pathological liar who justifies his actions with more lies and is proud of what he did. Proof that Republicans have no shame and will cheat and lie at any cost just to win.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Claiming what he did wasn’t illegal
So it’s ok.

That was your statement to defend Trump paying his taxes

Aka in support un ethical behavior

Republican won’t vote to remove him . Kevin needs his vote and House Republicans are to cowardly to put Honesty and integrity before Party

And of course you deflect

But you only care when republicans do it.

Again you confuse telling a lie and being a lie that’s Santos a complete fabrication

Senior House Republicans were so keenly aware of alleged inaccuracies and embellishments in U.S. Rep.–elect George Santos’s professional biography, that the topic became a “running joke,” multiple insiders close to House GOP leadership reportedly told the New York Post.

Such honor and integrity
so Trump should pay more in federal income tax than what the law requires? Why the hell would he do that? Do you pay one cent more than you have to? Nobody does.

no, republicans won’t vote to remove that congressman, just as democrats won’t vote to impeach biden for his numerous outrageous lies, nor will they vote to impeach senator Blumenthal for lying about serving in Vietnam. Nor did they punish Himary for lying about coming under sniper fire.

Why would the GOP be expected to do what you don’t expect democrats to do?

politicians lie. if you think liberals don’t lie, have fun with that.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #36
Jim in CT

also wayne, on the tucker carlson show last night, that lying republican congressman-elect was taken out to the woodshed by guest host Tulsi Gabbard. She gutted him like a fish, which he deserved.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:52 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Congressman-elect George Santos: “I’ve been to Moscow many times during my career..”
Old 12-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
also wayne, on the tucker carlson show last night, that lying republican congressman-elect was taken out to the woodshed by guest host Tulsi Gabbard. She gutted him like a fish, which he deserved.
But Republicans still wont do a thing... thats been my stance all along

a bit off topic but funny guess who said this and about who

I absolutely cannot stand this guy. Nothing but petty insults for everyone who disagrees with him. He's challenging their courage, for God's sake. Have we ever in our history, had a president so juvenile, so petty, so vindictive? THIS is the guy that was supposed to unite us?
Old 12-28-2022, 04:56 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
But Republicans still wont do a thing... thats been my stance all along

a bit off topic but funny guess who said this and about who

I absolutely cannot stand this guy. Nothing but petty insults for everyone who disagrees with him. He's challenging their courage, for God's sake. Have we ever in our history, had a president so juvenile, so petty, so vindictive? THIS is the guy that was supposed to unite us?
no, the republicans won’t do a thing.

how come you don’t care that democrats didn’t do a thing about lies told by Biden, Blumenthal, Hilary?

Why is it only concerning to you, when republicans lie to look better to voters?

That’s a key question. One you can’t answer.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-28-2022 at 05:06 PM..
Old 12-28-2022, 08:01 PM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
no, the republicans won’t do a thing.

how come you don’t care that democrats didn’t do a thing about lies told by Biden, Blumenthal, Hilary?

Why is it only concerning to you, when republicans lie to look better to voters?

That’s a key question. One you can’t answer.
I already answered that

Only you see lies as some how equal

You should learn what a white is

a harmless or trivial lie,

And what lying to voters to create a candidate that doesn’t exist
Most people call that Being a Fraud

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
"mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"

And the elephant in the room Jim
Biden and Blumenthal were not elected or re elected on because of their lie people were aware

With Santos that isn’t the case those who voted for him were unaware of his lies

However in the future if he last to re election and his constituents vote him back in . That’s their choice
Old 12-29-2022, 04:35 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

All things are equal in right wing politics

George Santos pretended to be a gay Afro-Latino Ukrainian Brazilian Catholic Jew whose mother died on 9/11, whose ancestors survived the Holocaust, whose employees died in the Pulse club mass shooting, and whose net worth rose by millions overnight.

Am I missing anything?
Old 12-29-2022, 07:24 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
I already answered that

Only you see lies as some how equal

You should learn what a white is

a harmless or trivial lie,

And what lying to voters to create a candidate that doesn’t exist
Most people call that Being a Fraud

you’re saying lies are ok if voters knew about them before the election. But how do YOU know what voters actually know, and what they don’t know? Since most of the media ignores anything wrong done by democrats, how are we to know what voters are actually aware of? Of course, somehow, you are aware that they all knew. You miraculously have insight into what voters knew when they voted.

And, since you’re saying lies don’t matter if voters knew about them beforehand, then you’re not saying this guy should get kicked out, right? you’re saying there should be another election so that voters, now aware of his lies, can decide if those lies matter?

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”

liberal hypocrisy, always something to behold.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
you’re saying lies are ok if voters knew about them before the election. But how do YOU know what voters actually know, and what they don’t know? Since most of the media ignores anything wrong done by democrats, how are we to know what voters are actually aware of? Of course, somehow, you are aware that they all knew. You miraculously have insight into what voters knew when they voted.

And, since you’re saying lies don’t matter if voters knew about them beforehand, then you’re not saying this guy should get kicked out, right? you’re saying there should be another election so that voters, now aware of his lies, can decide if those lies matter?

Jim trapped in his bubble restricting his view of the true political landscape is always something to behold. The republicans, the democrats and the media should have all been looking at this con man long before the election. It's now looking like election laws were probably violated and if and when he gets taken down by the courts the ruling republican party will have egg on their faces for the silence.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 12-29-2022 at 08:51 AM..
Old 12-29-2022, 08:42 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:

No Jim he should get the boot or agree to have a special election

And let the voters vote on the actual candidate. I doubt many Republicans care they did vote in a no Christian multiple divorce adulterer p u s s y grabbing tax evading lier all read. So he has a chance

Seems you just can’t accept that all lies are not created equal

And you sound like a child with your canned response it’s ok when democrats do it.

So in Jim’s world

Biden claimed gas prices were lower than they were

Or Hillary said sniper shot at her plane

And Santos saying vote for me the candidate that I 100% made up.

Are the same ! just shoes how much of intellectual dishonest person. You can be

If you can’t see the differences

And Jim even with Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years. You’ll still vote for him
Old 12-29-2022, 08:43 AM   #45
wdmso

Since most of the media ignores anything wrong done by democrats

Get out of the cult Jim
Old 12-29-2022, 08:54 AM   #46
wdmso

I am Catholic," he told the Post. "Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was 'Jew-ish.'"

You can’t make this up.

Nassau County District Attorney Anne T. Donnelly, a Republican, said the fabrications and inconsistencies were "nothing short of stunning."

"The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the third district must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress," she gets it

As a candidate in 2020, in a filing to the U.S. House clerk, George Santos disclosed no assets or income — just that he’d been compensated in excess of $5,000 by LinkBridge Investors.

Two years later, in a filing ahead of a race he’d go on to win, Santos disclosed an apartment in Rio de Janeiro, checking and savings accounts and dividends from his eponymous Devolder Organization of between $1 million and $5 million.

That, in addition to a salary of three-quarters of a million dollars.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

If allegations are true (and Santos has not even denied them), there are at least two possible federal crimes at play:

1) conspiracy to defraud the US (same as Mueller with Russians in 16 and Trump in 20), and:

2) filing false statements to FEC.

Time to add a third potential federal crime: campaign finance fraud.

In 2021, Santos incorporated the Devolder Org in FL, which has no known assets.

In 2022, he reports income of $750k, all from Devolder. He then gives $700k to his campaign.

Where did that money come from?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #48
PaulS

I don't believe a business can loan a campaign money.

What will be a bridge too far that will cause the Rs to disown Santos? I think the only thing would be a video of him saying he believes Trump lost.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-29-2022 at 10:18 AM..
Old 12-29-2022, 10:21 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I don't believe a business can loan a campaign money.

What will be a bridge too far that will cause the Rs to disown Santos? I think the only thing would be a video of him saying he believes Trump lost.
👍🏻

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #50
Doover

Send a message via AIM to Doover
Quote:
Pete, it’s a private company, they can do what they want.

Under musk?

Unless they suppress the Hunter laptop story then you’re outraged crying foul , like the rest of the right wing

So when is ok for this private company ? When they Do what they want or do what you want?

So youse agree cake bakers must not be forced to bake queers cakes.

Simpatico, sweet sweet simpatico.

ISAIAH 3:9

Romans 1:26-27
Old 12-29-2022, 10:53 AM   #51
PaulS

This is where Trump has taken much of the R party:

When Rep.-Elect George Santos admitted that he “embellished” his “résumé” during his 2022 campaign, the New Yorker’s critics were quick to respond that his fabrications went way beyond embellishment. Santos (whose district includes parts of Queens and Long Island) claimed that his grandparents were Ukrainian Jews and Holocaust survivors, that he had an abundance of real estate assets, and that his mother was killed on 9/11 — none of which was true.

Regardless, some Republicans have been rushing to Santos’ defense, including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. And Senate Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has been in no hurry to throw Santos under the bus, as he knows he will need Santos’ vote if he is going to be chosen as House speaker in 2023.

In a scathing column published by The Bulwark on December 28, Never Trump conservative Charlie Sykes emphasizes that the Santos scandal is not only an indictment of the congressman-elect, but underscores the GOP’s overall dysfunction.

“Embellished? I do not think that word means what the Talented Mr. Santos thinks it means,” Sykes explains. “To ‘embellish’ is to adorn, decorate, enhance, gild, beautify, and festoon — and on occasion, it means to ‘exaggerate.’ This Santos did not do. He just made s**t up out of whole cloth. He did not place doodads on his résumé: He lied about his schooling, his degrees, his background, his criminal history, his employment, and about the non-existent properties he claimed to own.”

The conservative columnist continues, “He lied that his employees were killed in the Pulse nightclub shooting. He lied about his Jew-ishness and about his grandparents escaping the Holocaust. He used fake quotes from Winston Churchill. He lied about his money, probably lied on financial disclosure forms — which is actually a crime — and lied about his lying. And then, having constructed this Babel of Fabulism, he turned to the playbook of disingenuous non-apologies.”

Sykes laments that because Santos is a Republican, he is getting a pass from other members of his party.

“Of course, a political party with any sort of intact immune system would move quickly to send this sociopath back to ScamLand, whence he came,” Sykes argues. “But this is the GOP circa 2022, and so, it faces a painful dilemma. With a narrow majority in the House, Republicans — and especially Kevin McCarthy — need his vote, of course. But that’s not the real problem here, is it?”

Sykes continues, “After years of ignoring, enabling and rationalizing Big Lies and small ones, it will now be exceedingly difficult for the GOP to find their misplaced conscience that might morph into outrage and something like a moral standard. As Nick Catoggio writes, ‘Anyone willing to set aside their qualms about Trump for the sake of holding executive power logically should be willing to set aside their qualms about Santos for the sake of holding legislative power.’ So, not surprisingly, GOP leaders are either silent, or in a forgiving mood.”

Greene, Sykes observes, is “all in” for Santos. After former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (an ex-Democrat turned independent) asked Santos some tough questions when filling in for Tucker Carlson on Fox News, Greene attacked her for showing “zero grace.” The far-right Georgia congresswoman tweeted, “I think we Republicans should give George Santos a chance and see how he legislates and votes, not treat him the same as the left is.”

Sykes laments, “The responsibility for this entire goat-rope lies with Santos and the GOP, but it’s worth noting that all of this should have been exposed before the election by the local media and Dem oppo research. Balls were dropped.”
Old 12-29-2022, 11:31 AM   #52
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doover View Post

Oh Great, just what we needed, a “Hold My Beer” moment

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-29-2022, 11:35 AM   #53
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doover View Post

I read your old posts .. already know you are a loser . But please keep the bigoted remarks coming. showing us your lack of character lol
Old 12-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #54
wdmso

Rep.-elect George Santos, R-N.Y., said his mother died in the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, but later said she died in December 2016.

Conservatives love that kind of stuff
Old 12-29-2022, 12:52 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is where Trump has taken much of the R party:

When Rep.-Elect George Santos admitted that he “embellished” his “résumé” during his 2022 campaign, the New Yorker’s critics were quick to respond that his fabrications went way beyond embellishment. Santos (whose district includes parts of Queens and Long Island) claimed that his grandparents were Ukrainian Jews and Holocaust survivors, that he had an abundance of real estate assets, and that his mother was killed on 9/11 — none of which was true.

Regardless, some Republicans have been rushing to Santos’ defense, including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. And Senate Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has been in no hurry to throw Santos under the bus, as he knows he will need Santos’ vote if he is going to be chosen as House speaker in 2023.

In a scathing column published by The Bulwark on December 28, Never Trump conservative Charlie Sykes emphasizes that the Santos scandal is not only an indictment of the congressman-elect, but underscores the GOP’s overall dysfunction.

“Embellished? I do not think that word means what the Talented Mr. Santos thinks it means,” Sykes explains. “To ‘embellish’ is to adorn, decorate, enhance, gild, beautify, and festoon — and on occasion, it means to ‘exaggerate.’ This Santos did not do. He just made s**t up out of whole cloth. He did not place doodads on his résumé: He lied about his schooling, his degrees, his background, his criminal history, his employment, and about the non-existent properties he claimed to own.”

The conservative columnist continues, “He lied that his employees were killed in the Pulse nightclub shooting. He lied about his Jew-ishness and about his grandparents escaping the Holocaust. He used fake quotes from Winston Churchill. He lied about his money, probably lied on financial disclosure forms — which is actually a crime — and lied about his lying. And then, having constructed this Babel of Fabulism, he turned to the playbook of disingenuous non-apologies.”

Sykes laments that because Santos is a Republican, he is getting a pass from other members of his party.

“Of course, a political party with any sort of intact immune system would move quickly to send this sociopath back to ScamLand, whence he came,” Sykes argues. “But this is the GOP circa 2022, and so, it faces a painful dilemma. With a narrow majority in the House, Republicans — and especially Kevin McCarthy — need his vote, of course. But that’s not the real problem here, is it?”

Sykes continues, “After years of ignoring, enabling and rationalizing Big Lies and small ones, it will now be exceedingly difficult for the GOP to find their misplaced conscience that might morph into outrage and something like a moral standard. As Nick Catoggio writes, ‘Anyone willing to set aside their qualms about Trump for the sake of holding executive power logically should be willing to set aside their qualms about Santos for the sake of holding legislative power.’ So, not surprisingly, GOP leaders are either silent, or in a forgiving mood.”

Greene, Sykes observes, is “all in” for Santos. After former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (an ex-Democrat turned independent) asked Santos some tough questions when filling in for Tucker Carlson on Fox News, Greene attacked her for showing “zero grace.” The far-right Georgia congresswoman tweeted, “I think we Republicans should give George Santos a chance and see how he legislates and votes, not treat him the same as the left is.”

Sykes laments, “The responsibility for this entire goat-rope lies with Santos and the GOP, but it’s worth noting that all of this should have been exposed before the election by the local media and Dem oppo research. Balls were dropped.”
why does santos deserve more than the punishment you’d give to democrats who lied/embellished, like our esteemed senator blumenthal, Biden, Princess Liz Warren, etc? Hilary lying about coming under sniper fire, that wasn’t a problem for democrats…

look, i’d say kick the guy out and have another election. but your side would never, ever agree that they need to be held to the same standard

Is there a specific reason why republican lies are more problematic than democrat lies?
Old 12-29-2022, 12:54 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Since most of the media ignores anything wrong done by democrats

Get out of the cult Jim
just explain why it’s ok when democrats lie to get elected, but a worse offense when a republican does it

accusing me of being in a cult, isn’t explaining the hypocrisy.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
No Jim he should get the boot or agree to have a special election

And let the voters vote on the actual candidate. I doubt many Republicans care they did vote in a no Christian multiple divorce adulterer p u s s y grabbing tax evading lier all read. So he has a chance

Seems you just can’t accept that all lies are not created equal

And you sound like a child with your canned response it’s ok when democrats do it.

So in Jim’s world

Biden claimed gas prices were lower than they were

Or Hillary said sniper shot at her plane

And Santos saying vote for me the candidate that I 100% made up.

Are the same ! just shoes how much of intellectual dishonest person. You can be

If you can’t see the differences

And Jim even with Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years. You’ll still vote for him
i never said every lie is equal. but the political party of the person telling the lie, shouldn’t be the factor that determines if the liar is punished or not. And that’s the i it factor you care about.

Blumenthal lied for years about serving in Vietnam. Biden got caught plagiarizing and telling god knows how many whoppers. Liz warren. Hilary Clinton.

Not one of those bothers you one bit.

Partisan politics is always the deciding factor for you. always

just have a rule that gets allied evenly to both sides. That sounds reasonable to me, but scares the living sh*t out of you.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:00 PM   #58
PaulS

Quote:
why does santos deserve more than the punishment you’d give to democrats who lied/embellished, like our esteemed senator blumenthal, Biden, Princess Liz Warren, etc? Hilary lying about coming under sniper fire, that wasn’t a problem for democrats…

look, i’d say kick the guy out and have another election. but your side would never, ever agree that they need to be held to the same standard

Is there a specific reason why republican lies are more problematic than democrat lies?
Well you use the same old few D lies and embelishments over and over and over again. The level of those same lies you use to try to tarnish Ds are not even close to the level and # of Trump or Santos. Trump/Santos have told dozens (Trump thousands) while the D lies you use are so few that you have to repeatedly use them. In addition, Trump, Biden, Warren and Blumenthal have all apologized. Trump prob. did but I must have missed it.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-29-2022 at 01:05 PM..
Old 12-29-2022, 01:04 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well you use the same old few lies and embelishments over and over and over again. The level of those same lies you use to try to tarnish Ds are not even close to the level of Trump or Santos.
why is the list of lies i cite not valid paul? because i’ve cited them more than once?

so using that logic, if you and wayne cite santos’ lies the same number of times, those lies no longer matter?

Blumenthals lie is far worse worse than anything santos said, which is exactly why today that lie is a crime. unless a democrat tells it, apparently. Gimme a break.

Trump is in a category all by himself. We’re taking about santos.

the reason why i bring those lies up, is because you guys get all twisted in knots in a pathetic, humorous attempt to explain why those lies are so much more benign.

Old 12-29-2022, 01:07 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well you use the same old few D lies and embelishments over and over and over again. The level of those same lies you use to try to tarnish Ds are not even close to the level and # of Trump or Santos. Trump/Santos have told dozens (Trump thousands) while the D lies you use are so few that you have to repeatedly use them.
so “a few lies”, at least when told by democrats, is acceptable.

What’s the maximum number of lies that are allowed, before we should start caring? do democrats get a larger number?