Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #1
wdmso

Multiple busloads of migrants were dropped off at Vice President Kamala Harris’s resi

was hoping to not post on Xmas Morning in the spirit of christmas

But it seems those christians who complained Biden didn't mention Jesus in his holiday address.. Had other ideas and plans for christmas

Multiple busloads of migrants were dropped off at Vice President Kamala Harris’s residence in Washington, D.C. on Saturday — Christmas Eve — leaving migrants on the streets in below-freezing temperatures, according to multiple reports.

Three busloads of migrants were driven to D.C.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) was responsible for Saturday’s incident

So let me get this straight if these people are illegals .. that makes
Abbott a coyote .

But they have legal status or they wouldn't be on the bus.

He's just using and abusing Migrants AKA humans as political props
Old 12-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But it seems those christians who complained Biden didn't mention Jesus in his holiday address.. Had other ideas and plans for christmas

Multiple busloads of migrants were dropped off at Vice President Kamala Harris’s residence in Washington, D.C. on Saturday — Christmas Eve — leaving migrants on the streets in below-freezing temperatures, according to multiple reports.

Abbott a coyote .

Seeing that you’re such a compassionate & caring person, how many will you be taking into your home to house, feed & provide health services to 🤔

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Seeing that you’re such a compassionate & caring person, how many will you be taking into your home to house, feed & provide health services to 🤔
We all know you’re not a compassionate caring person

You can’t even acknowledge it’s pathetic D. I. C. K move .

Not surprisingly really seeing you support such behavior from your cowardly politicians ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-25-2022, 09:42 PM   #4
wdmso

It’s Christmas Eve, how shall we celebrate the anniversary of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Shall we feed the hungry? Clothe the naked? Visit the sick, those in prison and those without home?”

“Nah, let’s get a few bus loads of unsuspecting vulnerable people and dump them on the vice president’s lawn!”

Christian conservative did that..
Old 12-26-2022, 12:40 AM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
We all know you’re not a compassionate caring person

You can’t even acknowledge it’s pathetic D. I. C. K move .

Not surprisingly really seeing you support such behavior from your cowardly politicians ..

I could care less about them.
So how many you taking in since you care so much ????????

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 06:39 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Greg Abbott is a fake Christian, a hypocrite, a vile lowlife devoid of compassion & decency.
Abbott's also an incompetent partisan hack whose gross mismanagement of Texas power grid has left tens of thousands of the state's residents in the dark without heat or electricity.
Greg Abbott went on TV saying the Texas power grid was completely fixed and there would be no problems with the upcoming arctic blast. Christmas 90K are without power. Millions voted for Beto. More were suckers.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
And that’s the that’s the classic deflection across the Maga universe. How many are you taking in?

But that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about the treatment of a human being

Not surprising you don’t know the difference between caring and compassion. Or right and wrong

Like said look at the politicians you support
Old 12-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Given that you could care less shows your lack of compassion - glad you admit it. However, an individual not taking in someone who they don't know doesn't show a lack of compassion.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:01 AM   #9
PaulS

fixed the quote for you

Quote:

Multiple busloads of migrants were dropped off at Vice President Kamala Harris’s residence in Washington, D.C. on Saturday — Christmas Eve — leaving migrants on the streets in below-freezing temperatures, many in short sleeve shirts, shorts or with light jackets - all unprepared for historic low temps, according to multiple reports.
Here is Abbott's Christmas message (I'm guessing he didn't grow up going to my church):

The Republican tweeted on December 25 wishing people a Merry Christmas and adding: "May the joy of our Savior's birth fill your hearts today and every day."

The tweet included a picture of a Bible verse from Isaiah 9:6 reading: "For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, prince of peace."

Last edited by PaulS; 12-26-2022 at 10:16 AM..
Old 12-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
fixed the quote for you

Here is Abbott's Christmas message (I'm guessing he didn't grow up going to my church):

The Republican tweeted on December 25 wishing people a Merry Christmas and adding: "May the joy of our Savior's birth fill your hearts today and every day."

The tweet included a picture of a Bible verse from Isaiah 9:6 reading: "For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, prince of peace."
Abbot and other conservative should look into why the current Pope in from the Americas

Most of those on the buses are clearly more devout Christians

Yet https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...estigate-them/

When four Republican congressmen accused Catholic Charities USA of violating federal law by providing food, clothing and shelter to migrants on the U.S.-Mexico border, the organization quickly fired back, calling the allegations “incredibly disturbing,” “fallacious and factually inaccurate.”

And look who sent it

The same day Catholic Charities received the letter — which was signed by U.S. Reps. Lance Gooden (Tex.) Tom Tiffany (Wis.), Jake Ellzey (Tex.) and Andy Biggs (Ariz.) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) asked the state attorney general to investigate NGOs that he says have assisted illegal border crossings near El Paso.

To bad the people of Texas are complicit in the treatment of these migrants as are the bus companies and Drivers . I was following orders has been tried it doesn’t cut it.

Kinda like how Germans were complicit in the treatment of the Jews .. Texas and Republicans want and have the camps the relocation effort . the de humanization rhetoric the fear of the invasion and how they are here to steal your jobs your vote’s your woman your way of life. All from GOP leaders ..

they just haven’t started killing them yet.

So in their pee sized brains

they think what they’re doing is different from History
Old 12-26-2022, 03:36 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Given that you could care less shows your lack of compassion - glad you admit it. However, an individual not taking in someone who they don't know doesn't show a lack of compassion.

I never said different.
They are here Illegal and I could care less about taking care of them.
You guys that are “compassionate and caring “ need to put your $ where your mouths are and take them in but just like the politicians (both sides of the isle) want them in someone else’s back yard, not yours.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
I never said different.
They are here Illegal and I could care less about taking care of them.
You guys that are “compassionate and caring “ need to put your $ where your mouths are and take them in but just like the politicians (both sides of the isle) want them in someone else’s back yard, not yours.
They are here Illegal

Again you show Us how uninformed you are….

If they didn’t have legal status Abbott couldn’t have put them on a bus In The 1st place
Old 12-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
They are here Illegal

Again you show Us how uninformed you are….

If they didn’t have legal status Abbott couldn’t have put them on a bus In The 1st place

How many times do I need to ask the question ????
How many are you taking in ???????????

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-26-2022, 06:47 PM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Why does he need to take anybody in? That's not a demonstration of compassion that anyone would expect. But again from your prior comments I don't think you understand what compassion is. How sad. Trying to make a political Point by intentionally hurt people is unbelievable.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Taking is as many as you . Zero

Just I am not the one being a douche .
Thinking manipulating humans and treating people like animals for political props is acceptable so I guess I am Guilty of compassion

If the have their hearing and they can’t stay . And get sent back so be it.. that’s the law
Old 12-26-2022, 08:16 PM   #16
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Taking is as many as you . Zero

Just I am not the one being a douche .
Thinking manipulating humans and treating people like animals for political props is acceptable so I guess I am Guilty of compassion

If the have their hearing and they can’t stay . And get sent back so be it.. that’s the law

Go ahead and admit it.
Not in my backyard but you think it’s ok to dump all over the country where you and those that think like you are not effected !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-27-2022, 08:37 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:

Abbott a coyote .

Wayne, if you oppose what Abbott did, then tell me why border states should have to bear this burden, not the communities who advocate for open borders. The left wants this, well this is what you are advocating for. Why should citizens of border states have to bear the burden of a federal issue?

It's very easy to say you advocate for open borders when you know you'll never have to see an illegal immigrant. Those swell people on Marthas Vineyard took selfies with the brown skinned people to show how woke they are, then called in the military to get them the hell off their island enclave.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:51 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree 100% with what you said.

But Paul, why should southern states bear the overwhelming majority of this burden? If the left advocates for open borders and sanctuary cities, shouldn't the left WANT these people in their communities?

I'm not saying you or Wayne should let these people live in your house to practice what you preach. But if your side actually believes what you claim to believe (instead of engaging in empty, unprincipled, woke virtue-signaling), then the communities which advocate for this, would insist on paying taxes to build enclaves where these immigrants can live.

Just last week, the mayor of NYC announced he may have to cut vital social services to tax paying New Yorkers, and divert that cash to take care of the larger-than-typical number of illegals living there.

If NYC can't handle a few more, how are the citizens in AZ and TX supposed to respond to the avalanche they deal with every day?

As you are fond of pointing out, the red southern states are poorer than northern blue states. Given that, how are they supposed to deal with this?

It just really looks like your side likes to look good by advocating for open borders and establishing sanctuary cities, but then they get angry when faced with the real, inevitable consequences of that policy.

I'm anti abortion. If abortion were ever outlawed (and it won't be), I'd be thrilled to pay more in taxes to build whatever facilities are needed to care for the larger number of babies that would then exist. I don't see liberals thrilled at the prospect of stepping up and accepting responsibility for the inevitable results of what they claim to advocate here. They want open borders, but they want someone else to deal with it. Wayne clearly expects someone else to deal with it, as did the swells on Marthas Vineyard.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:53 AM   #19
Jim in CT

An argument I hear frequently on the left, is that illegal immigrants somehow "pay for themselves", as though they pay more in taxes than they consume in services. It's so stupid a notion it's hard to believe that anyone could even say it with a straight face.

But here's the NYC mayor saying that illegal immigrants are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up so much tax revenue, that he may have to cut vital social services to his tax-paying residents.

This is what happens when you advocate for open borders and sanctuary cities.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-influx.html
Old 12-27-2022, 09:27 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
An argument I hear frequently on the left, is that illegal immigrants somehow "pay for themselves", as though they pay more in taxes than they consume in services. It's so stupid a notion it's hard to believe that anyone could even say it with a straight face.

But here's the NYC mayor saying that illegal immigrants are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up so much tax revenue, that he may have to cut vital social services to his tax-paying residents.

This is what happens when you advocate for open borders and sanctuary cities.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-influx.html
pay for themselves"

They do Jim . It’s called over time.

Only guys like you would conclude that statement suggests no money is spent

Keep the open borders just more right wing conspiracies

I love this comment

I'm not saying you or Wayne should let these people live in your house to practice what you preach.

What are we preaching Jim dignity compassion fair treatment under they law ..

Keep practicing your goose stepping and your stiff arm salute . And showing us how morally bankrupt you are.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:44 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
pay for themselves"

They do Jim . It’s called over time.

Only guys like you would conclude that statement suggests no money is spent

Keep the open borders just more right wing conspiracies

I love this comment

I'm not saying you or Wayne should let these people live in your house to practice what you preach.

What are we preaching Jim dignity compassion fair treatment under they law ..

Keep practicing your goose stepping and your stiff arm salute . And showing us how morally bankrupt you are.
"They do Jim . It’s called over time."

So why isn't the NYC mayor calling it "an investment that will pay #^&#^&#^&#^&? Why didn't your fellow lefties on the Vineyard keep them?

"Keep the open borders just more right wing conspiracies"

Sure Wayne, the border is sealed up tight.

"What are we preaching Jim dignity compassion fair treatment under they law .."

Sure. That's what you're preaching. As long as someone else pays for it and provides it.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, if you oppose what Abbott did, then tell me why border states should have to bear this burden, not the communities who advocate for open borders. The left wants this, well this is what you are advocating for. Why should citizens of border states have to bear the burden of a federal issue?

It's very easy to say you advocate for open borders when you know you'll never have to see an illegal immigrant. Those swell people on Marthas Vineyard took selfies with the brown skinned people to show how woke they are, then called in the military to get them the hell off their island enclave.

Keep the open borders mantra going .. those on the all of Abbott stunt busses have legal status

And those who don’t are returned

Only in your imagination open borders only happen when there is a democratic POTUS .

The current net migration rate for U.S. in 2022 is 2.784 per 1000 population, a 1.28% decline from 2021.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2021 was 2.820 per 1000 population, a 1.3% decline from 2020.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2020 was 2.857 per 1000 population, a 1.24% decline from 2019.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2019 was 2.893 per 1000 population, a 1.23% decline from 2018.

Some invasion
Old 12-27-2022, 09:52 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep the open borders mantra going .. those on the all of Abbott stunt busses have legal status

And those who don’t are returned

Only in your imagination open borders only happen when there is a democratic POTUS .

The current net migration rate for U.S. in 2022 is 2.784 per 1000 population, a 1.28% decline from 2021.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2021 was 2.820 per 1000 population, a 1.3% decline from 2020.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2020 was 2.857 per 1000 population, a 1.24% decline from 2019.
The net migration rate for U.S. in 2019 was 2.893 per 1000 population, a 1.23% decline from 2018.

Some invasion
wayne they have legal status until
their hearing. But they came here illegally.

are you saying that all these people came though legal ports of entry? that wending have huge numbers crossing at illegal points, points which are controlled on the other side by some nasty cartels? that’s a right wing myth?

the proof is in the pudding. when northern blue places are asked to share the burden, they get angry. why is that?

you’re all for it wayne, as long as someone else does all
the work and bears all the expense.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #24
wdmso

But they came here illegally.

No Jim you’re making stuff up again shocking in an attempt to ignore the truth

If you cross illegally you are not processed that why

Biden has deported almost 700,000 migrants.

Is seeking asylum legal? Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum.

That’s the law Jim stop suggesting it’s not being followed
Old 12-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
But they came here illegally.

No Jim you’re making stuff up again shocking in an attempt to ignore the truth

If you cross illegally you are not processed that why

Biden has deported almost 700,000 migrants.

Is seeking asylum legal? Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum.

That’s the law Jim stop suggesting it’s not being followed
he deported 700,000?

if that’s true, here’s data that says CBP stopped 2.76 million undocumented immigrants in 2022. where are they all?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna53517

wayne, the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling. You want to talk they all and her credit, but you want someone else to pay for it. Classic liberalism.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #26
wdmso

MYTH: "Immigrants don't pay taxes"
On average, undocumented immigrants contribute more in taxes than they consume in public benefits, and are estimated to have contributed nearly $50 billion in federal taxes between 1996 and 2003. They also contribute between $7-8 billion in social security funds annually--that's $100 billion in the past 15 years that they will never claim.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
he deported 700,000?

if that’s true, here’s data that says CBP stopped 2.76 million undocumented immigrants in 2022. where are they all?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna53517

wayne, the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling. You want to talk they all and her credit, but you want someone else to pay for it. Classic liberalism.

the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling.

Keep thinking Jim they all stay in Texas and Arizona you love staying away from facts why is that?

So now you’re blaming other states for not reaching out to Texas

Wow more deflection in an attempt to dismiss defend and support Abbott disgusting behavior . By blaming others not surprised

Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of immigrants:
California - 26.60%
New Jersey - 23.00%
New York - 22.30%
Florida - 21.20%
Hawaii - 18.80%
Nevada - 18.40%
Massachusetts - 17.60%
Texas - 17.20%
Old 12-27-2022, 11:17 AM   #28
wdmso

Border patrol lingo

Encounter

Migrant encounters track the number of people arrested by Border Patrol agents in between ports of entry or denied admission into the country at a port of entry and deported.

Apprehension happen inside the borders United States

CBP defines an apprehension as "the physical control or temporary detainment of a person who is not lawfully in the United States, which may or may not result in an arrest."

but the Gop loves to misrepresent these differences
Old 12-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Border patrol lingo

Encounter

Migrant encounters track the number of people arrested by Border Patrol agents in between ports of entry or denied admission into the country at a port of entry and deported.

Apprehension happen inside the borders United States

CBP defines an apprehension as "the physical control or temporary detainment of a person who is not lawfully in the United States, which may or may not result in an arrest."

but the Gop loves to misrepresent these differences
so there no big number of people crossing at places other than legal checkpoints. No crisis of rapes at illegal entry points on the mexican side. No problem with fentanyl getting smuggled in at illegal
crossing points.

you should have your own newsletter to set the record straight. You really owe it to the rest of us. all the border agents are lying, all the footage of people
crossing the tip grande are fake ( unless there are a legal checkpoint that requires folks to wade across the river first.

it’s a completely manufactured crisis. No legitimacy to it.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
But Paul, why should southern states bear the overwhelming majority of this burden?
Never said that they should and I can understand them sending busloads of people north but they are doing it in a way that inflicts maximum hurt on those people. NYC mayor adams asked to be notified when the buses would arrive and they won't do it. What is the downside to doing it other than it doesn't inflict as much damage on those people.