Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re all set, the GOP has the house

The fact House GOP can't decide who is going to be Speaker before the vote speaks loudly how diseased the Republican Party is in 2022.

If Kevin McCarthy manages to survive the vote to become Speaker, he’ll already have given up much of his power to the insane wing of the GOP

The division and dysfunction of House Republicans stands in contrast to the unity of House Democrats around Hakeem Jeffries.

A tale of two Houses is unfolding. Governing vs Grandstanding.

Of course you could ask why not George Santos for House speaker? No one exemplifies Republican Party values better than him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-03-2023, 01:11 PM   #2
wdmso

The new GOP house leadership. 7 votes for Biggs he is quite a peach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1648E909-83EA-4DF8-A0D4-99C998669009.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	69377  
Old 01-03-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

No member has the votes to be elected. For the first time in 100 years, there will be a second vote.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-03-2023, 01:32 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Oh, man, I cannot WAIT for them to start fighting inflation by *checks notes* impeaching the president and investigating Hunter Biden's laptop!
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s the house that Trump built, or is it a trailer on wheels?
Old 01-03-2023, 04:47 PM   #6
Jim in CT

this is indicative of why the gop loses so many winnable
elections.

dummies.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:09 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

What they're really interested in is chaos. ...They want to throw sand in the gears of the hated federal government until it fails and they've finally proved that it's beyond saving.”

Guess who
Old 01-03-2023, 07:21 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Many have commented on how Trump has destroyed to GOP and it keeps getting proven over and over. From the selection of candidates, the mid term results and now this; I think the predictions by Scott and Jim that it will be fun to watch after the mid terms seem to be true but the fun isn’t on the right side of the isle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	829FD206-2235-40EC-B139-64D2655DBBC4.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	69378  
Old 01-03-2023, 07:35 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Remember after Newt Gingrich resigned, Republicans managed to find a consensus candidate to be Speaker.

Yep, a child molester.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:55 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

John Kasich said “A block of House Republicans should get together with Democrats to pick a speaker to run a coalition government, which will moderate the House and marginalize the extremists.”

Best way to start a third party,
kick the outliers on left and right to the curb.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Reminder: Jim Jordan secretly plotted with Donald Trump to overturn an election and undermine American democracy. Now he's getting votes for speaker. That’s the GOP.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:50 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Reminder: Jim Jordan secretly plotted with Donald Trump to overturn an election and undermine American democracy. Now he's getting votes for speaker. That’s the GOP.
The same guy who stood on the house floor yesterday and claimed Biden administration was weaponizing the US government against the American people.

Because he is still preaching to those so call Americans who are upset it didn’t work .
Old 01-04-2023, 09:04 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Many have commented on how Trump has destroyed to GOP and it keeps getting proven over and over. From the selection of candidates, the mid term results and now this; I think the predictions by Scott and Jim that it will be fun to watch after the mid terms seem to be true but the fun isn’t on the right side of the isle.
Right, the GOP is destroyed. They have the house, 49 Senate seats, and a robust majority of state governorships and state legislatures.

Finally, the GOP controls the states that are growing the fastest, and the left runs the states that people are fleeing. This will likely continue, as the bluest states like CT, are just about ready to enter the phase where either they start bouncing pension checks to unionized retirees, or they ram huge tax hikes down our throats. Those are the only 2 choices for places like CT and IL. As people leave those states for FL, that means blue states will lose house seats and red states will gain them.

That's a destroyed party to you? The GOP is stupid, dysfunctional, has as many liars and scumbags as any hugs group of people will have. But they aren't getting creamed by any means.

Plus there's probably a recession coming. America isn't going to blame the GOP-led house.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-04-2023 at 09:17 AM..
Old 01-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Right, the GOP is destroyed. They have the house, 49 Senate seats, and a robust majority of state governorships and state legislatures.

Finally, the GOP controls the states that are growing the fastest, and the left runs the states that people are fleeing. This will likely continue, as the bluest states like CT, are just about ready to enter the phase where either they start bouncing pension checks to unionized retirees, or they ram huge tax hikes down our throats. Those are the only 2 choices for places like CT and IL. As people leave those states for FL, that means blue states will lose house seats and red states will gain them.

That's a destroyed party to you? The GOP is stupid, dysfunctional, has as many liars and scumbags as any hugs group of people will have. But they aren't getting creamed by any means.

Plus there's probably a recession coming. America isn't going to blame the GOP-led house.
What goes round comes round. The right-wing habits of chaos and betrayal the GOP unleashed against the American Republic on Jan. 6 are now destroying Lincoln’s party. The sedition you feed is the sedition that feeds on you.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 11:00 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
What goes round comes round. The right-wing habits of chaos and betrayal the GOP unleashed against the American Republic on Jan. 6 are now destroying Lincoln’s party. The sedition you feed is the sedition that feeds on you.
The fact that you hate the GOP, doesn't mean it's destroyed. We just had an election. The GOP underperformed obviously, but on a federal/state level, they're hanging right with the democrats. So I don't know what the "now" is you're referring to, if it's the speaker mess that's a temporary embarassment that no one likely will remember in a year.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:10 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The fact that you hate the GOP, doesn't mean it's destroyed. We just had an election. The GOP underperformed obviously, but on a federal/state level, they're hanging right with the democrats. So I don't know what the "now" is you're referring to, if it's the speaker mess that's a temporary embarassment that no one likely will remember in a year.
Two years of a circular firing squad. D’s rejoicing with a look ahead to 24.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 11:19 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Wink

Quote:
Two years of a circular firing squad. D’s rejoicing with a look ahead to 24.
america didn’t agree with you in november. the GOP is in fine shape. The biggest threat is obviously trump. He’ll be in the rear view mirror no later than 2024.

You’re denying mathematical reality because you don’t like it.

If trump is the nominee, you should
look forward to 2024. If it’s Desantis, you have less reason to be excited.

who do you think will be the democrat nominee? curious who you think. I think Newsom.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:23 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
america didn’t agree with you in november. the GOP is in fine shape. The biggest threat is obviously trump. He’ll be in the rear view mirror no later than 2024.

who do you think will be the democrat nominee? curious who you think. I think Newsom.
Your new hero

SEVENTY EIGHT. That’s the number of verified child sex-trafficking victims who were groomed and recruited out of Ron DeSantis’ state-run foster care in 2021.

ZERO. That’s how many were recruited from Drag shows.

Guess who’s being investigated.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 11:36 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your new hero

SEVENTY EIGHT. That’s the number of verified child sex-trafficking victims who were groomed and recruited out of Ron DeSantis’ state-run foster care in 2021.

ZERO. That’s how many were recruited from Drag shows.

Guess who’s being investigated.
and yet he won re election in a purple state, by an absolute avalanche of a landslide. again, america doesn’t agree with you.

Who do you think the democrat nominee will be? don’t want to share your guess?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:41 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and yet he won re election in a purple state, by an absolute avalanche of a landslide. again, america doesn’t agree with you.

Who do you think the democrat nominee will be? don’t want to share your guess?
Biden
Biggest infrastructure bill since Eisenhower, major China competitiveness law, most significant gun reform since 1994, Respect for Marriage Act, reauthorizing Violence Against Women Act, Burn Pits Act for vets, massive support for Ukraine, Electoral Count Act reform: Biden rules!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 11:47 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Biden
Biggest infrastructure bill since Eisenhower, major China competitiveness law, most significant gun reform since 1994, Respect for Marriage Act, reauthorizing Violence Against Women Act, Burn Pits Act for vets, massive support for Ukraine, Electoral Count Act reform: Biden rules!
The infastructure bill (if it does what it's supposed to) is truly a big win for him and the democrats. It was desperately needed, the GOP failed miserably to deliver when they were in charge, and they did it in a bipartisan way. That's how to do it.

"most significant gun reform since 1994 the last reform which had no impact"

fixed it.

I can't see how Trump could beat Biden. And I don't see how Biden could beat Desantis. It'll be fascinating to see, if Biden announces he's running again, if there's a serious primary challenge.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:27 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

The HouseGOP has been in the majority for less than 8 hrs & already their tenure is defined by dysfunction.

Years of blindly pursuing power, currying favor for special interests & bowing to election deniers has left them in shambles — with no shared vision & no leader.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:36 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Chip Roy nominated Byron Donalds for speaker. McCarthy and Jeffries have already been nominated.

‘We don’t see the color of the persons skin’ is always a good way to start, after pointing out that he is black and this makes it the first time there have been 2 black men nominated for speaker …

why mention he is black if ... oh never mind
Old 01-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Actually Jim Americans did agree with him, oh wait you think winning the house by a slim margin in a year it should have been a massive red tidal wave is a win.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:22 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

The results of Kevin McCarthy's 4th attempt are in:

Hakeem Jeffries - 212
Kevin McCarthy - 201
Byron Donalds - 20
Present - 1

It’s the logical end point of a party that has descended into mindless demonization—of Democrats, of immigrants, of the 'deep state,' of the FBI, of the medical profession, of the 'woke' military—and now of one another.

But Jim thinks I hate Republicans, they’re actually more fun to watch than Steven Cobert, but it is definitely a tragic comedy.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:31 PM   #26
wdmso

Ron’s a smart coward he won’t comment or take a stand on whats going on in the house Right now . Because he won’t piss off the only people who agree with the new GOP clown car . He did the same thing on Jan 6th silent on the stolen election he creates a secret election police, he conducts investigations on drag queen show all for the primary votes
Old 01-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #27
wdmso

Poor Byron Donalds being used by the far right of the Republican Party putting him up for the speakership a seat they will never give Him

The GOP is so so pathetic Scott Perry [part of fake-elector scam] just invoked Frederick Douglass proudly being a Republican . And change is needed in Washington because stealing the election didn’t work

Last edited by wdmso; 01-04-2023 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Three people are receiving votes for the nation's third highest Constitutional office. Only one of them -- RepJeffries -- did not vote to subvert the electoral process and thus the democratic transfer of power on Jan. 6th, 2021.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:43 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Poor Byron Donalds being used by the far right of the Republican Party putting him up for the speakership a seat they will never give Him

The GOP is so so pathetic the just invoked Frederick Douglass proudly being a Republican

Where have we heard this twisted logic before
Against "identity politics" but put up the Black conservative and the forever out of context MLK quote is peak GOP.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 04:12 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

The GOP is so so pathetic Scott Perry [part of fake-elector scam] just invoked Frederick Douglass proudly being a Republican . And change is needed in Washington because stealing the election didn’t work
isn’t the democrat house leader Hakeem Jeffries, who denied the 2016 election?

“everything is ok when the democrats do it.”.