Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #211
PaulS

This process should not be held in open Session with public hearings and should not be televised. It's a Witch Hunt in should be behind closed doors.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #212
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Why is what Trump said (which was a response) somehow worse (or even inaccurate) than what the lawyer said? Wasn't what the lawyer said treasonous? Do you know what the lawyer said?
Again you fail to understand that a lawyer ( private citizen with zero power or influence)
And POTUS ( using his position and influence as POTUS (not private as citizen) are not the same

The Whistleblower Complaint Has Largely Been Corroborated

You do know what Corroborated means

No matter the reasons why he or she filed the complaint. It actually happened

And Trump defenders no matter whom it is or no matter their record
Will tear them apart for not kissing Trumps Ring
Old 11-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #213
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Wait. If the reason not to impeach Trump is because Ukraine got the aid and Trump didn’t get his investigation, then why is Barr investigating the origins of the Russia investigation. Obviously it didn't prevent Trump from being elected and didn't succeed in removing him from office. No harm, no foul.
In neither case was the investigation into Trump warranted. In fact, the impeachment case is a result of the Russia investigation. If the phony Russia thing hadn't happened, the following chain of events would not have occurred and would not have resulted into this impeachment and investigation into Ukrainian corruption, and we would not have this obstruction of productive government that is going on now. Maybe some other phony obstruction, but not this one.

Getting to the bottom of how and who were the causes of the Russia hoax could expose the seeds of the unwarranted impeachment inquiry.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #214
Pete F.
Canceled

So did Putin and Orban tell Trump that it wasn’t Russia it was Ukraine?
Old 11-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #215
Pete F.
Canceled

Coming to a television near you, Trump and Trumplicans are spinning as fast as they can

CBS is the first U.S. broadcast network to announce its plans to pre-empt regular daytime programming for coverage of next week’s first public hearings in the impeachment inquiry. All of the broadcast networks are expected to join cable news channels and news streaming services to cover the hearings, which will start Wednesday with the testimony of Bill Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine, and George Kent, deputy assistant secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the State Department.

The House Intelligence Committee evidence-gathering goes public on November 13 and will be shown on BBC Parliament, which usually brings audiences live action from the British Houses of Parliament.
However, because a December 12 election has been called in the UK — the first December election since 1923 — Parliament has been dissolved, meaning the BBC is looking for content to fill BBC Parliament’s schedule. To this end, the channel will go live from Washington D.C. next week.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #216
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again you fail to understand that a lawyer ( private citizen with zero power or influence)

You fail to understand that a "private" citizen can commit treason or say treasonous things.

And POTUS ( using his position and influence as POTUS (not private as citizen) are not the same

Who said they were?

The Whistleblower Complaint Has Largely Been Corroborated
You do know what Corroborated means

That has nothing to do with what the lawyer said and if it was treasonous. Nor has it been substantiated that Trump committed an impeachable offense.

You do know what substantiated means?

No matter the reasons why he or she filed the complaint. It actually happened

"It" doesn't mean that Trump did something impeachable.

And Trump defenders no matter whom it is or no matter their record
Will tear them apart for not kissing Trumps Ring
And, again, I failed to understand that it is better to stay away, not respond, to your less than worth wile posts.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #217
wdmso

Quote:
And, again, I failed to understand that it is better to stay away, not respond, to your less than worth wile posts.
I forgot your the superior mind on this board.. Lol. Ps is there a list of impeachable offenses in the Constitution . That only you are aware of?

Last edited by wdmso; 11-09-2019 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #218
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72976204_2741220952578953_8906051628163923968_n.png
Views:	240
Size:	478.0 KB
ID:	66660  
Old 11-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #219
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Almost all of the Trumplican women I’ve seen looked like that.
Fifty years ago

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #220
wdmso

Republicans Ask For Whistleblower, Hunter Biden To Testify In Impeachment Inquiry

What a joke
Old 11-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #221
ReelinRod

We can call this the Reo Speedwagon fauxpeachment . . .

Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend you've been messin' around . . .

Did anyone else see in the Vindman transcript where Rep. Ratcliffe walked Vindman into an Article 92 along with an Article 88 violation (pgs 158-161)?

Ratcliffe gets Vindman to stipulate that President Trump is Lt. Col Vindman’s superior and the President alone sets foreign policy.

Vindman testifies that he thought the President was trying to establish an agreement with Zelenskyy that Vindman did not agree with and shortly thereafter Vindman began giving contrary instructions to Ukranian government officials, to ignore said agreement, Vindman admits telling Ukrainian government officials to stay out of these affairs, to not get involved.

Vindman’s lawyer sees where Ratcliffe's questioning is going and flips out.

A military officer working in the White House, at the pleasure of the President and then undermining the President with foreign officials sure sounds like a coup to me. Given the military command's complete silence on Vindman's seditious if not traitorous actions, can we assume the coup has the acknowledgement, approval and support of the military right up to the Joint Chiefs?

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #222
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post

Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend you've been messin' around . . .

Did anyone else see in the Vindman transcript where Rep. Ratcliffe walked Vindman into an Article 92 along with an Article 88 violation (pgs 158-161)?

Ratcliffe gets Vindman to stipulate that President Trump is Lt. Col Vindman’s superior and the President alone sets foreign policy.

Vindman testifies that he thought the President was trying to establish an agreement with Zelenskyy that Vindman did not agree with and shortly thereafter Vindman began giving contrary instructions to Ukranian government officials, to ignore said agreement, Vindman admits telling Ukrainian government officials to stay out of these affairs, to not get involved.

A military officer working in the White House, at the pleasure of the President and then undermining the President with foreign officials sure sounds like a coup to me. Given the military command's complete silence on Vindman's seditious if not traitorous actions, can we assume the coup has the acknowledgement, approval and support of the military right up to the Joint Chiefs?

It won’t have Putin’s

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #223
ReelinRod

Quote:
It won’t have Putin’s

And that reply goes directly to the entire "Resistance"mentality. It is your feeling that "it won't have Putin's" support but just like Vindman, you would be unable to articulate an actual legal, factual support for your statement . . . It's all characterizations, sentiments, feelings, all borne out of political agenda.

Ratcliffe repeatedly asked Vindman about how he characterized the call, how he was "concerned" about the call, how he did not think it was "proper" and how those feelings evolved into Vindman's conclusion that the conversation was a "demand". Vindman dissembled and admitted that he didn't "parse his words carefully" and that he's "not an attorney" and that he, "just wrote it the way [he] felt it".

Feelings set this ball rolling and nothing but hearsay has kept it rolling.. . .

Vindman could not describe how the request for assistance was a violation of law or the mutual cooperation treaty between the US and Ukraine that requires Ukraine to assist and cooperate with the US in criminal investigations when asked.

His disagreement was based in feelings . . . as is your poor excuse of a reply above.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #224
Pete F.
Canceled

The us government does mutual investigations all the time
Per the treaty
Not by Colludy and his band of corrupt collaborators trying to gain control of the energy industry in Ukraine.
Ending corrupt investigations for money and political purposes is the platform Zelensky ran on, Floridaman put him in the middle of a place he and his country did not want to be in and cut off all his ways out, then threw him to Putin.
Next you’ll be claiming Parnas and Fruman, more people Floridaman never heard of, are American heroes.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #225
Sea Dangles

👍🏿🍔
Old 11-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #226
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
👍🏿🍔
Parnas and Fruman are your heroes, as one would expect

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #227
ReelinRod

Quote:
The us government does mutual investigations all the time Per the treaty
Not by Colludy and his band of corrupt collaborators trying to gain control of the energy industry in Ukraine.
A characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Quote:
Ending corrupt investigations for money and political purposes is the platform Zelensky ran on,
Correct, and Trump wanted to confirm that commitment before he gave them a couple hundred million dollars and to be sure the new government would be of Zelenskyy's choosing and have no foot resting in the corrupt past.

Quote:
Floridaman put him in the middle of a place he and his country did not want to be in and cut off all his ways out, then threw him to Putin.
Again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Quote:
Next you’ll be claiming Parnas and Fruman, more people Floridaman never heard of, are American heroes.
Only if you are claiming Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch are. I can't think of anyone who believes opposition research is a white glove affair, hands get muddy.

Things don't suddenly get to be called inappropriate (or even called-out as criminal) just because they benefit a Republican.

Old 11-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #228
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Parnas and Fruman are your heroes, as one would expect
Trump is your hero and obsession 👍🏿🍔

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #229
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
A characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Correct, and Trump wanted to confirm that commitment before he gave them a couple hundred million dollars and to be sure the new government would be of Zelenskyy's choosing and have no foot resting in the corrupt past.

Again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Only if you are claiming Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch are. I can't think of anyone who believes opposition research is a white glove affair, hands get muddy.

Things don't suddenly get to be called inappropriate (or even called-out as criminal) just because they benefit a Republican.

No they don’t
But they should be when they, as these do, consist of bribery, extortion, abuse of power and conspiracy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #230
ReelinRod

Quote:
No they don’t
But they should be when they, as these do, consist of bribery, extortion, abuse of power and conspiracy.

And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Haven't you exhausted yourself furiously masturbating these conspiracy theories only to be denied again and again?

Old 11-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #231
wdmso

Quote:

to use your own words

Haven't you exhausted yourself furiously masturbating these conspiracy theories
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #232
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Haven't you exhausted yourself furiously masturbating these conspiracy theories only to be denied again and again?
So when your arguments fail you resort to typical Trumplican nasty verbiage
Impressive

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #233
detbuch

Quote:
Impressive
ReelinRod's arguments did not fail. They were very successful.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #234
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
ReelinRod's arguments did not fail. They were very successful.
With the choir, are you a bass or tenor?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #235
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
to use your own words

Haven't you exhausted yourself furiously masturbating these conspiracy theories
Quote:
Impressive
I stopped back here just to see what's being discussed. I've been on other boards writing about the Durham investigation and Ukraine and I came here to dabble.

I see a thread (now dead) where you clueless lefties were prattling on for pages, wondering why and what Durham was investigating. I made my first posts substantive, directly answering the question; #69, #71. They were serious, supported posts with actual facts and documentation laying out the very serious criminal acts in the lead-up to the election . . . but that kind of thing is rejected / ignored by the small minds here.

Thereafter, I since pretty much treated you guys as the scat throwing monkeys you are and only resorted to this board for comedic relief from serious discussion I was enjoying elsewhere.

You guys exist in a bubble of idiocy and you delude yourselves, thinking yourselves knowledgeable and witty.

As I said when being accused of "scumminess" for saying the whistleleaker acted in a seditious manner:
"Scumminess" is three pages of the loopyleftie posters here wondering in abject, purposeful, self-imposed ignorance about what Durham is investigating . . . And then, when I exactingly lay out plenty of Obama administration illegality that led directly to the Russian collusion hoax and the fake investigation into it, you ignore it.

Scumminess is ignoring facts you asked for and instead running back under your mommy's apron of another safe, mindless false narrative of the left, only peeking out enough to shake your fist and say orange man bad . . .

So pathetic and so predictable, keep parroting what you think is a cudgel until it is destroyed and then turn and shift to another BS cudgel.

Old 11-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #236
detbuch

Quote:
With the choir, are you a bass or tenor?
I'm the conductor of my own orchestra. In other words, your question is as ignorant and narrow minded as you appear to be.

Reelin Rod has it all over you in a rational discussion.

You're the queen of innuendo and the king of conjecture. The cis-pseudo master of could, maybe, perhaps, if, of the "rumor is" . . . The sorcerer's apprentice of false juxtaposition, flimsy comparisons . . . your mind is a quicksand of possibilities that you half understand and wish were true and opinions that mostly aren't.

Reelin Rod is rock solid, has a clear grasp of actual facts.

And I composed that entirely on my own. Didn't have to find a link or read and paste a biased article. Nor participate in a circle jerk of "choir" boys. I've heard enough dissonant chords from you and your howling chorus to see what you are.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #237
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm the conductor of my own orchestra. In other words, your question is as ignorant and narrow minded as you appear to be.

Reelin Rod has it all over you in a rational discussion.

You're the queen of innuendo and the king of conjecture. The cis-pseudo master of could, maybe, perhaps, if, of the "rumor is" . . . The sorcerer's apprentice of false juxtaposition, flimsy comparisons . . . your mind is a quicksand of possibilities that you half understand and wish were true and opinions that mostly aren't.

Reelin Rod is rock solid, has a clear grasp of actual facts.

And I composed that entirely on my own. Didn't have to find a link or read and paste a biased article. Nor participate in a circle jerk of "choir" boys. I've heard enough dissonant chords from you and your howling chorus to see what you are.
Verbiage as usual, a blithering attack.
No facts because there are none to defend Floridaman
He committed crimes
Bribery
Extortion
Abuse of Power
He’s Putin’s Puppet
The weakest president ever.
All the rest of the world sees how ineffectual he is
He has no plan, no skill other than the ability to lie with a straight face and accuse others of that which he is guilty of.
You should wonder why he claims Treason since he constantly projects.
Floridaman will be exposed as the conman that he has always been.
Some people say he’s a Stable Genius with a very very large brain, great and unmatched wisdom, tiny hands and a .... like the mushroom character in Mario Kart ...

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #238
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I stopped back here just to see what's being discussed. I've been on other boards writing about the Durham investigation and Ukraine and I came here to dabble.

I see a thread (now dead) where you clueless lefties were prattling on for pages, wondering why and what Durham was investigating. I made my first posts substantive, directly answering the question; #69, #71. They were serious, supported posts with actual facts and documentation laying out the very serious criminal acts in the lead-up to the election . . . but that kind of thing is rejected / ignored by the small minds here.

Thereafter, I since pretty much treated you guys as the scat throwing monkeys you are and only resorted to this board for comedic relief from serious discussion I was enjoying elsewhere.

You guys exist in a bubble of idiocy and you delude yourselves, thinking yourselves knowledgeable and witty.

As I said when being accused of "scumminess" for saying the whistleleaker acted in a seditious manner:
"Scumminess" is three pages of the loopyleftie posters here wondering in abject, purposeful, self-imposed ignorance about what Durham is investigating . . . And then, when I exactingly lay out plenty of Obama administration illegality that led directly to the Russian collusion hoax and the fake investigation into it, you ignore it.

Scumminess is ignoring facts you asked for and instead running back under your mommy's apron of another safe, mindless false narrative of the left, only peeking out enough to shake your fist and say orange man bad . . .

So pathetic and so predictable, keep parroting what you think is a cudgel until it is destroyed and then turn and shift to another BS cudgel.
Print that out and save it so you can show Floridaman how you defended him when he goes slithering away.
By the way Paula White said you’re behind in your tithing, you’ll lose your place in Trumptown and you won’t get your share of the koolaid when things don’t work out

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 PM   #239
detbuch

Quote:
Verbiage as usual, a blithering attack.

You throw a stupid piece of verbiage at me and then expect an official record in return? You're also a proficient practicioner of the kettle calling the pot black.

No facts because there are none to defend Floridaman

"And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."

He committed crimes
Bribery
Extortion
Abuse of Power

These are not facts, they're "And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."

He’s Putin’s Puppet

"And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."

The weakest president ever.

All the rest of the world sees how ineffectual he is

He has no plan, no skill other than the ability to lie with a straight face and accuse others of that which he is guilty of.

You should wonder why he claims Treason since he constantly projects.

Floridaman will be exposed as the conman that he has always been.
Some people say he’s a Stable Genius with a very very large brain, great and unmatched wisdom, tiny hands and a .... like the mushroom character in Mario Kart ...
And you end your verbiage exactly as Reelin Rod has nailed it "And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And you end your verbiage exactly as Reelin Rod has nailed it "And again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."
Cult members just keep blindly following the conman to Trumptown

Since we’re really concerned about corruption
Let’s just invite the President of Turkey to the White House
1. Laundered Iranian funds
2. Bought Russian missile system
3. Feel free to do a quick google search https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.G48c7Xnx4lI
WASHINGTON – In a remarkable rebuke of a NATO ally, the House on Tuesday approved a biting sanctions bill that could cripple Turkey's economy and would punish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan personally by requiring an assessment of his net worth amid questions about his finances in Turkey.

Sure seems to be concerned with corruption, except if it’s a mutual friend of Putin’s

Lets Go Darwin