Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Fail

State visit by China's President Hu Jintao yielded little in the way of trade concessions or commitment to human rights - NYPOST.com

He is talking all about what a great deal he got us while doing his little humble shtick.

He is crowing about $45 billion in US exports he got China to agree to. That doesn't exactly close the more than $250 billion in trade deficits we rack up against the communist state each year.

Nearly half of the total value of those trade deals -- $19 billion -- is for aircraft from Boeing that China had already agreed to purchase as part of a larger deal going back to 2007. That was more than a year before the Dove Leader had even landed in our midst.

And Obama said he really busted Hu's chops over his country's unfettered piracy of everything from designer handbags to software to drugs to sophisticated electronic gadgetry that American companies have plowed billions upon billion of dollars of research and development into -- only to have rogue companies in places like China rip them off and flood the market with cheap goods.

For years, of course, China has denied many of the accusations of intellectual-property theft while at the same time claiming to crack down on the stealing.

Then came Hu's big concession to Obama -- perfectly illustrating his country's regard for intellectual property. Hu promised he would try to get his own government agencies to quit using pirated software.

His OWN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES???

You call this a concession?

No, that is called complete bamboozlement.

The other hot topic of negotiation was currency manipulation, and, apparently, Hu was not up for any lectures from the leader of a country so perilously drowning in debt and unable to quit recklessly spending money it does not have.

No specific "deals" were offered in that department.

Read more: State visit by China's President Hu Jintao yielded little in the way of trade concessions or commitment to human rights - NYPOST.com
Old 01-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

go fish some plastic. Yea this asswipe is getting old.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

That's not the asswipe I think is getting old

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I cant blame China. Its americans buying plastic crap and its american companies sending their stuff to be built there. All our fault.
I'd love to see an analysis of what and iPod would cost made in the US vs China.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

I'd like to see more buy USA period.

Snorebama didn't do anything to help us in that regard. 4/5 is a big percentage difference.

EPIC FAIL. Riding the coat tails of others....

GO CHINA PLASTIC

Keep buying at Bass Pro. Keep buying at Cabelas. Go buy more crap at Walmart.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
scottw

China's 'new' jet orders anything but
The Truth Needle | The big Boeing order from China trumpeted during Chinese President Hu Jintao's state visit to the White House is actually a re-announcement of previous orders.

By Dominic Gates
Seattle Times aerospace reporter

More in the Truth Needle series

The claim: A White House fact sheet released Wednesday to coincide with the state visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao said: "In preparation for this visit, several large purchases have been approved including for 200 Boeing airplanes. ... The approval, the final step in a $19 billion package of aircraft, will help Boeing maintain and expand its market share in the world's fastest growing commercial aircraft market."

What we found:

The deal President Hu signed does not include any new jet orders

Boeing news | China's 'new' jet orders anything but | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #8
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Veto this: Armed "Obama robber" hits Austria banks - Yahoo! News

Beware the Obama Robber
Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #9
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

He wasn't happy in the USA he's hitting Austria now
Old 01-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #10
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

For Bryan

Barack Obama Hair Color Photo Gallery Pictures | Celebrity Photos | TMZ.com
Old 01-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I cant blame China. Its americans buying plastic crap and its american companies sending their stuff to be built there. All our fault.
I'd love to see an analysis of what and iPod would cost made in the US vs China.
To be fair I think this is one negative consequence of a free market and probably inevitable. It's like the movie SPEED.

-spence