Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Benghazi please those men died doing their jobs and the right drags them tru the mud for political gain .on a fantasy they were left to die ,,, funny how I have seen no outrage about 4 soldiers killed in an ambush Nigier funny how that works
So what you meant, is that republican captains should go down with the ship, while democrat captains leave their post, start billion dollar foundations, and give sweetheart jobs to their cronies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I am so psyched to see the lefty pukes lose their mind for the next 7 years.
Trump might run again in 2020, just for the fun of watching the circus freaks at msnbc and cnn blow a gasket. He is living rent free in their heads, and he absolutely loves it.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #63
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So what you meant, is that republican captains should go down with the ship, while democrat captains leave their post, start billion dollar foundations, and give sweetheart jobs to their cronies.
Are you really making the cronies comment now, with the current administration? Without being ironic?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #64
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Are you really making the cronies comment now, with the current administration? Without being ironic?
He even brought up Benghazi too.
#sad
Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Name the last administration where this was not the case. I could use some enlightenment.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #66
spence

Quote:
I am so psyched to see the lefty pukes lose their mind for the next 7 years.
That you would value your own titilation over the fitness of our Democracy is really sad.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #67
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That you would value your own titilation over the fitness of our Democracy is really sad.
Let's be honest Jeff, you only seem to value democracy when it suits your agenda. Remember the fit you threw after election night? It wasn't because democracy lost,nor had the system failed you. It's because you are a big baby. Please understand that every time you complain about our president that I will be celebrating your misery.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
you still love comparing things that are not the same

and no thoughts on the niger ambush
Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #69
spence

Quote:
Let's be honest Jeff, you only seem to value democracy when it suits your agenda. Remember the fit you threw after election night? It wasn't because democracy lost,nor had the system failed you. It's because you are a big baby. Please understand that every time you complain about our president that I will be celebrating your misery.
Here ya go.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...reude-and-envy
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bryan, here's the difference, and it is a fundamental difference. I can say out loud, that Trump is a scumbag. I can criticize those on my side, because I know it's honest, and I know it's not going to kill me.

There are liberals here, whose entire philosophe can be broken down to this:

liberal = good, conservative = bad. No exceptions, ever.

WDMSO said that Trump should step down because the captain should go down with the ship. If he believes that, I was just trying to ascertain whether or not he applies that logic to everyone, or only to Republicans. I got my answer, and of course it was the answer I was expecting.

Trump is a morally bankrupt reptile. I voted for him, because (1) I'd rather have a jerk whose policies I agree with, than a nice person who can't do anything right, and (2) the other candidate was also a morally bankrupt jerk, who in addition to being a jerk, advocates for policies I believe to be immoral and counter-productive.

If Hilary had won, we would not see endless outrage of all of the personal moral transgressions, of the president. You know that's true.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He even brought up Benghazi too.
#sad
I brought it up, because it was suggested that leaders should resign their post, when bad things happen. I was just wondering if he applies that standard consistently, or if he's a hypocrite. I happened to pick Benghazi, I'm sorry that makes you sad. There are many things I could have pointed to, times when things went bad under a democrat, when I assure you that WDMSO did not insist that the captain go down with the ship.

Forget Benghazi...

Obama said that his trillion-dollar stimulus plan would keep unemployment below 8%, he said that under Obamacare our premiums would go down $2500 and we could keep our doctors, Obama was successfully sued by the Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. Do you think WDMSO ever called on Obama to go down with the ship?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
What has Trump done, to make our democracy less fit, exactly?

For 8 years under Obama, Christians had their religious freedoms trampled by a POTUS who claimed that they had to check their religion at the front door of their office, by having to fund birth control for recreational sex, and abortion-inducing pills. At the same time, Obama argued that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to deliver alcohol, that the employers had to make other accommodations.

Tell me what Trump has done that from a Constitutional perspective, compares with that.

Trump isn't a dictator, the checks and balances are still in place, the executive branch is still the least powerful of the 3 branches. He spouts off on Twitter like a baby. It's embarrassing. It's not a threat to our democracy.

Find somebody to run that's less repugnant than he is, and also convince others on your side to stop lying about Republican candidates for three seconds, and Trump would not have emerged.

Your side made McCain out to be a racist philanderer, and your side made Romney out to be a heartless plutocrat (MSNBC said that because he keeps resumes of impressive women in a binder in his office, that means he hates women, that was a segment on MSNBC). You keep throwing cheap shots at decent Republican candidates, don't act shocked when the Republicans nominate someone who is quite comfortable at fighting dirty, who can win at the game of fighting dirty. You never stop throwing cheap shots, we're going to nominate someone who is a master at the game of cheap shots.

Let's fight more cleanly, and there will be no need for a Trump.

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #73
Nebe

Trump is a douche. Having a douche as president of the US is a threat to our democracy. Having a douche spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader.

Trump is a douche
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trump is a douche. Having a douche as president of the US is a threat to our democracy. Having a douche spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader.

Trump is a douche
"Trump is a douche"

Agreed. Is Hilary better? She's not as vulgar or as juvenile. But is her moral compass any better?

"spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader. "

The President isn't supposed to put American interests first? I literally cannot fathom how you could say that, and I mean that, it's stupefying to me that you'd be offended that a POTUS cares more about Americans than people from other countries.

He didn't get elected to be Secretary General of the UN.

Obama spent 8 years apologizing for all of America's faults. Did that make our enemies like us?
Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #75
wdmso

Quote:
What has Trump done, to make our democracy less fit, exactly?

For 8 years under Obama, Christians had their religious freedoms trampled by a POTUS who claimed that they had to check their religion at the front door of their office, by having to fund birth control for recreational sex, and abortion-inducing pills. At the same time, Obama argued that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to deliver alcohol, that the employers had to make other accommodations.

Tell me what Trump has done that from a Constitutional perspective, compares with that.

Trump isn't a dictator, the checks and balances are still in place, the executive branch is still the least powerful of the 3 branches. He spouts off on Twitter like a baby. It's embarrassing. It's not a threat to our democracy.

Find somebody to run that's less repugnant than he is, and also convince others on your side to stop lying about Republican candidates for three seconds, and Trump would not have emerged.

Your side made McCain out to be a racist philanderer, and your side made Romney out to be a heartless plutocrat (MSNBC said that because he keeps resumes of impressive women in a binder in his office, that means he hates women, that was a segment on MSNBC). You keep throwing cheap shots at decent Republican candidates, don't act shocked when the Republicans nominate someone who is quite comfortable at fighting dirty, who can win at the game of fighting dirty. You never stop throwing cheap shots, we're going to nominate someone who is a master at the game of cheap shots.

Let's fight more cleanly, and there will be no need for a Trump.

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None.

WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE TO THE RUSSIANS !!!!! NOTHING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT ??

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None. YES WE DO TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT .. sun light disinfects and the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration
Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #76
wdmso

Quote:
I brought it up, because it was suggested that leaders should resign their post, when bad things happen. I was just wondering if he applies that standard consistently, or if he's a hypocrite. I happened to pick Benghazi, I'm sorry that makes you sad. There are many things I could have pointed to, times when things went bad under a democrat, when I assure you that WDMSO did not insist that the captain go down with the ship.

Forget Benghazi...

Obama said that his trillion-dollar stimulus plan would keep unemployment below 8%, he said that under Obamacare our premiums would go down $2500 and we could keep our doctors, Obama was successfully sued by the Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. Do you think WDMSO ever called on Obama to go down with the ship?

you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well

I kept my doctor

Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?

But you miss the down with the down with ship point ... Taking about trumps appointments and their criminal indictments ,, lack of security clearances and ambassadors.. yet again you deflect are you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration
Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #77
detbuch

There are a lot of references in this thread, and others, to "our" democracy. And the threat to it. Not a threat to democracy. A threat to "our" democracy.

So what is particular about "our" democracy? We are a Republic with a democratic form of electing government officials. And "our" Republic has a unique Constitution which delineates the scope and power of the national government, and reserves the remaining powers to the people.

What is a threat to "our" democracy? Any governmental encroachment on the powers of the people is a threat to "our" democracy. Any chipping away at our constitutional foundation without consent of the people is a threat to "our" democracy. Notions that our Constitution is outdated, that it should be ignored or subverted in any way are threats to "our" democracy.

The assumption that we are a democracy rather than a constitutional republic is a threat to "our" democracy. The Progressives' trick of framing us as their idea of a pure democracy is key to their political campaigns against the foundation of "our" democracy. Transforming us into a pure democracy in which there are no checks against government power and our votes are merely to decide who fills the seats of all-powerful government is an absolute destruction of "our" democracy. It is the form of democracy that tyrants love.

Trump's personal character, his "doucheness," or scumminess, are not threats to "our" democracy. "Our" democracy has checks and balances which keep his scummy doucheness, if that is indeed what moves him, as impediments to his life, not ours. But in a democracy in which government has all the power and our votes merely rotate the pawns and queens and kings (aka Presidents and bureaucrats) in the system, then a President's personal doucheness can be a threat to the people.

It is the Progressive form of democracy, not Trump, which is a threat to "our" democracy.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE TO THE RUSSIANS !!!!! NOTHING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT ??

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None. YES WE DO TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT .. sun light disinfects and the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration
If there is evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, let's see it. As of this moment, there is none.

Funny, during the campaign, when Trump said it was rigged, Obama made fun of Trump for suggesting that American presidential elections could be influenced that way. But now that Trump won, I'm supposed to believe that our elections are vulnerable to foreign influence.

"ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT "

It's not all I can do, it's one thing I do. In this case, I do it to point out your glaring hypocrisy. You said a captain should go down with the ship. I can make a long list of democrat leaders who presided over bad results, and I bet you never called for any of them to go down with the ship.

"TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT "

What lies did he sell that I bought, exactly? Can you name a couple?

"the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration"

Did you say the same thing about Hilary's handling of her emails? Or once again, do your ethical standards only apply to Republicans?

The economy is roaring, unemployment is down (especially for blacks, which caused not one democrat to clap), ISIS is being pulverized.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:

I kept my doctor

Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?

But you miss the down with the down with ship point ... Taking about trumps appointments and their criminal indictments ,, lack of security clearances and ambassadors.. yet again you deflect are you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration
"I kept my doctor "

Who gives a sh*t? He didn't only make that promise to you. Am I going too fast for you? Many people could not keep their doctor/plan.

"Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?"

Who were they discriminating against? You just make stuff up? The Supreme Court ruled that they were correct, Obamacare was violating their constitutional rights. Obama tried to force them to pay for the tools for recreational sex. It's not constitutional, and you'd think someone who taught constitutional law might have picked that up somewhere.

I can't wait for you to tell me who, exactly, the Little Sisters Of The Poor are discriminating against?

"you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration"

Nope, they were less dysfunctional. Incompetent and totalitarian, but less dysfunctional.

See? I can say something negative about my side, and positive about your side, when it's true. You might try it sometime.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:

I kept my doctor

"you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well "

In what way? Where were all those shovel ready jobs we were promised? Obama promised it would keep unemployment under 8%, and it went over 10% (he was only off by a few million jobs, close enough, right?).

Here's Obama joking about what a flop the stimulus bill actually was, that there were no shovel ready jobs.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...9&action=click

Ha ha ha! It's funny that he spent almost a trillion and got nothing.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #81
wdmso

None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ...

And the faithful still cover for him

Hes not a politician

the media is not giving him a chance the FBI is corrupt the deep state BLA BLA BLA

But they will turn a blind eye to his lets just say Marital transgressions of $130,000 and $150,000

then say the issue with America is no god in schools and lack of morality ...

Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors and another false flag operation ... yet some American are in 100% agreement.. who do you think got their votes
Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

You are correct, Trump doesn’t lie. He presents alternative facts.
Now one of your favorite politicians said
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Of course DPM didn’t know what Trumps reality was
Old 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #83
wdmso

Quote:
If there is evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, let's see it. As of this moment, there is none. (not talking about collusion was I )

Funny, during the campaign, when Trump said it was rigged,([COL Obama made fun of Trump for suggesting that American presidential elections could be influenced that way.( again your suggestion is not correct voter fraud would rob him of the election, and his encouragement of his supporters to monitor polling places — and not at all about Russian interference in the election.) But now that Trump won, I'm supposed to believe that our elections are vulnerable to foreign influence. ( another FBI denier )

"ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT "

It's not all I can do, it's one thing I do. In this case, I do it to point out your glaring hypocrisy. You said a captain should go down with the ship. I can make a long list of democrat leaders who presided over bad results, and I bet you never called for any of them to go down with the ship. ( again you cant stay on topic you are unable to look at the totality of Trumps administration indictments and failures to conduct normal governmental activities )

"TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT "

What lies did he sell that I bought, exactly? Can you name a couple? His biggest lie he said he was going to make America great again !!
America never stopped being great

"the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration"

Did you say the same thing about Hilary's handling of her emails? Or once again, do your ethical standards only apply to Republicans?( again you fail she was investigated and in the sunlight you just dont like the outcome Trumps dosnt have an out come but i will accept it will you?

The economy is roaring, unemployment is down (especially for blacks, which caused not one democrat to clap),you love speaking for Black america being down doesn't mean resolved ISIS is being pulverized. ISIS was getting pulverized from the start are you saying it took a republican to convince you it was happening
I dont hate Republican for being Republicans .
Old 02-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ...

And the faithful still cover for him

Hes not a politician

the media is not giving him a chance the FBI is corrupt the deep state BLA BLA BLA

But they will turn a blind eye to his lets just say Marital transgressions of $130,000 and $150,000

then say the issue with America is no god in schools and lack of morality ...

Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors and another false flag operation ... yet some American are in 100% agreement.. who do you think got their votes
"None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ..."

On that, I agree 100%.

"And the faithful still cover for him "

On that, I disagree. Many republicans constantly criticize him for all the things he does wrong.

"Hes not a politician"

I see that as an attribute.

"the media is not giving him a chance "

Reporters are getting fied for making stuff up. Everyone said he sided with the Nazis at Charlottesville, when what he said was that he condemns bigotry on all sides. If that's Nazi sympathy, I sure don't see it. They are barely covering the economy.

"Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors "

When tragedy happens, both sides sink to weaponizing the suffering of their victims to advance an agenda. The right does it when Muslims or illegal aliens kill, the left does it with school shootings.

See if you can follow me here...both sides do it, and it's equally disgusting when either side does it. You deny this?

Trump is calling for the banning of bump stocks, going completely against the solid conservative base. Will he get any credit for deviating with his party platform?

It won't put a big dent in shooting deaths, but I like the move. Let's see if anyone on the left says "wow, when was the last time a president went against his party and sided with the other party, for the good of the country?" He was also willing to work with Dems on DACA, which also angered conservatives.

You're right, he's no politician. He is willing to disagree with conservative orthodoxy when he thinks it's the right thing to do. When was the last time a POTUS did that on major policy?
Old 02-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
I dont hate Republican for being Republicans .
"voter fraud would rob him of the election"

Nope, Trump wasn't worried about voter fraud, he was talking about media bias. Regardless of the specific type of interference Trump was complaining about, Obama said it wasn't possible to interfere with the outcome of a presidential election. My my, how things change.

"His biggest lie he said he was going to make America great again !!
America never stopped being great "

I happen to agree with you, but that's not a demonstrable lie, it's a difference of opinion.

Obama promised "hope and change", well when was America ever hopeless and always the same? You criticize Trump for a campaign slogan, but not Obama.

"again you fail she was investigated and in the sunlight you just dont like the outcome "

I asked you what you thought of what as revealed in the email investigation. You dodged.

"you love speaking for Black america being down doesn't mean resolved"

Who said 'resolved'? Black unemployment I slower than it was during any point in the Obama administration. You cannot acknowledge the beauty of that (though we still have work to do) because you are blinded by partisan hate. The dems who sat, all feel the same way. If Hilary had won and she used that same line, would they have still sat? Would you still say "big deal, it's not resolved'?

"ISIS was getting pulverized from the start are you saying it took a republican to convince you it was happening "

Nope, I give Obama credit for that. See? It's possible to honestly acknowledge the good things the other party does. You should try it sometime.

Now, can you tell me who the Little Sisters discriminate against, [please?
Old 02-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #86
wdmso

Quote:
"you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well "

In what way? Where were all those shovel ready jobs we were promised? Obama promised it would keep unemployment under 8%, and it went over 10% (he was only off by a few million jobs, close enough, right?).

Here's Obama joking about what a flop the stimulus bill actually was, that there were no shovel ready jobs.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...9&action=click

Ha ha ha! It's funny that he spent almost a trillion and got nothing.
So are you suggesting it did nothing ? what were your expectations? or are you saying Obama lied.. not sure how you can suggest the country got nothing ? from start to finish of his administration ,, every one R or D hoped for more I am sure

C&P In all, the administration rescued the US economy and bequeathed a sound foundation for its successor to build on. But it made a big mistake: it did not go all out to punish those whose malfeasance and irresponsibility blew up the financial system and economy. This sense of injustice is one reason why the US has elected the wrecking crew that is about to take office. Mr Obama could not channel rage. Mr Trump, alas, can.

thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected .. and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex . show this to Trump so he may learn how to be honest

By itself, the stimulus bill saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year for four years through the end of 2012,

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families. The remainder was spent on such things as rebuilding roads and bridges, preventing teacher layoffs and providing temporary help for people who lost their jobs or needed other assistance because of the poor economy.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
So are you suggesting it did nothing ? what were your expectations? or are you saying Obama lied.. not sure how you can suggest the country got nothing ? from start to finish of his administration ,, every one R or D hoped for more I am sure

C&P In all, the administration rescued the US economy and bequeathed a sound foundation for its successor to build on. But it made a big mistake: it did not go all out to punish those whose malfeasance and irresponsibility blew up the financial system and economy. This sense of injustice is one reason why the US has elected the wrecking crew that is about to take office. Mr Obama could not channel rage. Mr Trump, alas, can.

thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected .. and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex . show this to Trump so he may learn how to be honest

By itself, the stimulus bill saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year for four years through the end of 2012,

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families. The remainder was spent on such things as rebuilding roads and bridges, preventing teacher layoffs and providing temporary help for people who lost their jobs or needed other assistance because of the poor economy.
"So are you suggesting it did nothing ?"

I am suggesting it didn't do much, despite spending 750 billion.

"what were your expectations? "

My expectations were that it wouldn't do much, so it met my expectations. It fell far short of Obama's expectations.

"are you saying Obama lied"

No, I am suggesting he was catastrophically wrong. As usual.

The economy got a lot better during his term. Not much of that was because of his stimulus bill. More was because o flow interest rates and quantitative easing. I don't know a single person who personally benefitted form that stimulus. Almost all of us, are benefitting from the tax overhaul.

"thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected "

He was laughing. He thought it was funny that the "shovel ready jobs promise" was a false promise. It took us $750 billion to learn that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex"

Oh, out of context again. All criticisms of Trump are in the proper context, all criticisms are taken out of context somehow.

He said that if we spent 750b, unemployment would stay below 8%. We spent the money, and unemployment shot up over 10%.

"Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families"

I don't know a single family who got a tax cut as a result of the Obama stimulus, never heard anyone make that claim. I guess you took it out of context.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #88
wdmso

back to the topic
After Election Day, Obama ordered the U.S. intelligence community to issue a public report about the Russian scheme. Once it had — and concluded Russia's attack was aimed at helping Trump and hurting Clinton — the United States imposed a slate of punitive measures against Moscow. In addition to imposing new sanctions, Washington also expelled a number of Russian diplomats and closed two Russian diplomatic compounds in Maryland and New York.

As of today no action by the Trump administration except Trump blaming others on twitter

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren’t they the subject of the investigation? Why didn’t Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren’t Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Sessions!

In an exchange with a member of a Russian delegation, McMaster said "with the FBI indictment, the evidence is now incontrovertible" of Russia's cyber disruption and meddling.

Trump wasn't happy

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump

General McMaster forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians and that the only Collusion was between Russia and Crooked H, the DNC and the Dems. Remember the Dirty Dossier, Uranium, Speeches, Emails and the Podesta Company!
Old 02-21-2018, 05:43 PM   #89
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No I don't think POTUS has done much to deter Russian interference in past or for future elections, which I thought was the subject of this thread, before it went off track as usual. Russia loves Trump, Trump loves Russia and their money and while you can't ever possibly prove it influenced the results of the election; I suspect it probably helped him more than he wants to admit.

Game show politics, at times it wants to make me throw up in my mouth. I think yesterday or the day before I saw where he ended up in the voting (can't remember the organization) of all past presidents, but if he wasn't dead last; he was close to it. I was frankly surprise at high up Bill Clinton still was, GW and old Abraham still high on the list of course. I wish Trump would get off his fixation the with past and govern; do something that will last and make a difference. The apprentice mentality and the thin skinned approach is getting old.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I wish Trump would get off his fixation the with past and govern; do something that will last and make a difference. The apprentice mentality and the thin skinned approach is getting old.
He nominated Neal Gorsuch.

The economy is absolutely soaring, stocks up, unemployment down.

Tax reform is helping regular people.

ISIS is getting pummeled.

Trump defied conservative orthodoxy, and is asking for things like bump stocks to be banned. When was the last time a POTUS went against his party like that on a big ticket agenda item? I respect that move.

His personality is gross. I like his results.