Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well are we having fun yet?

Not even close to the US getting this virus under control. States opening up too soon are raging hot spots. The we have 5 cases soon to be zero optimism from Trump way back when isn’t even funny at this point. It’s likely all of us either know someone who picked this up and likely many like I do, know someone who died from it.

So are you Trump supporters still getting played by the con man from FL/NY? Let’s recap; what only 3-5 miles of fence built, Mexico didn’t pay for it, Hillary isn’t in jail like all Trumps cronies are, Obama Care wasn’t repealed and replaced, NK and Iran are still building nuclear weapons, there really isn’t any China trade deal, the deficit has skyrocketed, race relations have worsened, tens of millions are unemployed and now open to eviction or foreclosures, our country is proving to the world we are full of stupid selfish individuals contributing to making the US the epicenter of this virus with countries refusing travel from here and in order to find something a Trump can feed to his base, he is turning federal enforcement on peaceful protesters.

My father rest his sole, a life long republican, would be embarrassed by what his party has become. I’m not to impressed with some on the other side granted, but IMHO four more years of Trump doing and profiting for Trump, will do irreparable harm.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Knock it off, Chris.

If you are unwilling to debate on ideas and merit, there is really no reason for you to be here.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just think, the upside to Tweety passing the Montreal cognitive test is that makes him competent to stand trial.
Vance is coming
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There will be dancing in the streets . . . accompanied with peaceful burning down and looting of business, tearing down statues, maiming and killing cops . . . all those harmless, meaningful activities that Dem mayors don't want to interfere with, and which will gratefully be intensified by Vance . . . the usual Dem summer party on the streets of the city.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There will be dancing in the streets . . . accompanied with peaceful burning down and looting of business, tearing down statues, maiming and killing cops . . . all those harmless, meaningful activities that Dem mayors don't want to interfere with, and which will gratefully be intensified by Vance . . . the usual Dem summer party on the streets of the city.
Hopefully it will just be dancing unlike the Tweety administration you revere that has been so divisive that it resulted in burning down and looting of business, tearing down statues, maiming and killing cops and protesters while mismanaging things so badly that a couple of hundred thousand people will die.

If he’d performed with minimal competence and just mouthed words about national unity, making joint sacrifices and all working together to get thru the corona virus, he actually could be in a strong position right now, where the economy is reopening, where jobs are coming back.
And he just couldn't do it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Hopefully it will just be dancing unlike the Tweety administration you revere

I don't revere it. I just push back against false accusations about it.

that has been so divisive that it resulted in burning down and looting of business, tearing down statues, maiming and killing cops and protesters while mismanaging things so badly that a couple of hundred thousand people will die.

Over the top, lying, mischaracterized, daily misleading, exaggerated, out of context, and just plain bunk, specifically intended to do so, has caused the division in hopes that it will destroy the Trump administration. Your constant crap, much of which has been debunked, is an example of the corrosive rhetoric willfully spewed without end.

If he’d performed with minimal competence

He has, and above minimal

and just mouthed words about national unity,

He has spoken about and encouraged national unity, but not reporting on, and lying about it, even when those words have been quoted in rebuttal, doesn't put a dent in the narrative that he has not, and that he is the cause of division.

making joint sacrifices and all working together to get thru the corona virus,

He has done all the above, but the trick is just to keep saying he hasn't. Keep telling the lie so that it becomes the "truth."

he actually could be in a strong position right now, where the economy is reopening, where jobs are coming back.
And he just couldn't do it
He did it, but your willfully blind eyes refuse to see it.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
He did it, but your willfully blind eyes refuse to see it.
Keep believing the administration’s lies and gaslighting
150,000 dead

National Guard whistleblower says Park Police told him tear gas would not be used to clear protesters at Lafayette square, but says based on his army training he recognized the chemical used as "CS or 'tear gas'" and found spent tear gas canisters nearby.
"It was my observation that the use of force against demonstrators in the clearing operation was an unnecessary escalation of the use of force," says Adam DeMarco. "From my observation, those demonstrators were engaged in the peaceful expression of their First Amendment rights."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Keep believing the administration’s lies and gaslighting
150,000 dead

National Guard whistleblower says Park Police told him tear gas would not be used to clear protesters at Lafayette square, but says based on his army training he recognized the chemical used as "CS or 'tear gas'" and found spent tear gas canisters nearby.
"It was my observation that the use of force against demonstrators in the clearing operation was an unnecessary escalation of the use of force," says Adam DeMarco. "From my observation, those demonstrators were engaged in the peaceful expression of their First Amendment rights."
We've had fake "whistleblower" observations before. The "protesters" were asked to move a block away, not to leave or stop protesting, but merely to move as the perimeter needed to be extended one block. They did not move. Nor were they peaceful.

Here's a video (I know you like videos as "proof") of how peaceful they were. For some reason the footage starts toward the end of the video, just click the beginning to see the whole thing, it's only about a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

And here's an article about how peaceful they were:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...kends-violence

Last edited by detbuch; 07-27-2020 at 01:47 PM..
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
We've had fake "whistleblower" observations before. The "protesters" were asked to move a block away, not to leave or stop protesting, but merely to move as the perimeter needed to be extended one block. They did not move. Nor were they peaceful.

Here's a video (I know you like videos as "proof") of how peaceful they were. For some reason the footage starts toward the end of the video, just click the beginning to see the whole thing, it's only about a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

And here's an article about how peaceful they were:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...kends-violence
They cleared Lafayette Square at 6:30pm
Sunset was at 8:28
Just more lies
They drove the minister off St Johns grounds with force for a photo opp

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
PaulS

Remember those good old days when countries used to look up to us and didn't laugh at our president.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Detbuch let’s spell it out for anyone who doesn’t get it yet.
D=diehard Trump supporter
E=Everything you post about Trump is wrong.
T=Trump has been wrongly persecuted from the beginning.
B=because I said it it must be so.
U=Under no circumstances am I wrong in my interpretation of anything.
C=Circular arguments always come back around to me.
H=Help me I live in the hell Trump has tasked me to defend!

Last edited by Got Stripers; 07-27-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Old 07-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
They cleared Lafayette Square at 6:30pm
Sunset was at 8:28
Just more lies
They drove the minister off St Johns grounds with force for a photo opp

The video and the article were not lies.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Detbuch let’s spell it out for anyone who doesn’t get it yet.
D=diehard Trump supporter
E=Everything you post about Trump is wrong.
T=Trump has been wrongly persecuted from the beginning.
B=because I said it it must be so.
U=Under no circumstances am I wrong in my interpretation of anything.
C=Circular arguments always come back around to me.
H=Help me I live in the hell Trump has tasked me to defend!
Very creative. A bit sophomoric, but better than your usual stuff.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Very creative. A bit sophomoric, but better than your usual stuff.
reminds me of Sesame Street
Old 07-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
reminds me of Sesame Street
Well we do have a big orange bird running the country into the ground, trying to find any humor is the best we can do until big bird gets to deal with reality without the cover of the GOP and his lackey Barr.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Well we do have a big orange bird running the country into the ground, trying to find any humor is the best we can do until big bird gets to deal with reality without the cover of the GOP and his lackey Barr.
big bird is yellow....but.. ok
Old 07-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Dang . . . right back to your usual junk.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

�� ��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-28-2020, 06:28 AM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Dang . . . right back to your usual junk.
It’s really all that is left on this forum, everyone is fully locked into positions and opinions, it’s poking fun or in SD’s case throwing childish cowardly insults around. Why Pete continues to debate you amazes me, I will give him credit for being persistent, even if nobody ever wins one single debate.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:38 AM   #19
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The division of the membership seen on this forum is what remains most concerning to me, both here and across the country.

So here is what I propose. A function to put participants back on the same page that brought us all here. Fishing. I don't care if it's tog, albies, stripers, or watching seals. Nothing more I would enjoy than seeing some participants drop their allegiances/opinions and get to know each other through fishing....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
The division of the membership seen on this forum is what remains most concerning to me, both here and across the country.

So here is what I propose. A function to put participants back on the same page that brought us all here. Fishing. I don't care if it's tog, albies, stripers, or watching seals. Nothing more I would enjoy than seeing some participants drop their allegiances/opinions and get to know each other through fishing....
That train sailed a long time ago when Obama bc Pres. (pretty much 1 poster changed the whole tone of the site) and got worse recently went SD was allowed to insult people's mothers, fathers and children.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:18 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

I don't know if it can be repaired. I am still somewhat optimistic but right now, and for the next year to Four, we have Trump and Biden and NEITHER is capable of bringing both parties into center / balance. Trump because he doesn't want to, Biden because it's free Avocado Milkshake Day at the Co-Op Movie Laundromat.

It is interesting that Trump is holding the right down from being more honorable and the ever leftening left is outlefting itself to get to the left of the left.

We need a solid center, we are not getting it.

Fishing? We should be going to the range

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-28-2020, 07:24 AM   #22
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

If that is truly the case here, Paul, even more reason to shut down the political forum on Striped-bass.com as it only contributes to the downfall of a previously thriving site.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

I love them all...it's like having crazy relatives...sometimes you just smile and nod your head when they say crazy stuff and sometimes you remind them that they are crazy....but in the end...it's all good
Old 07-29-2020, 09:17 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Speaking of crazy uncles
The death toll is now at 150,000 dead Americans and Tweety is standing by the lady who says having sex with demons makes you sick and they put alien DNA in vaccines.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, who served under President Trump, told MSNBC on Wednesday that hydroxychloroquine "definitively" does not work as a coronavirus treatment.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:

Tweety is standing by the lady who says having sex with demons makes you sick and they put alien DNA in vaccines.

this might explain your behavior
Old 07-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #27
scottw

Quote:
Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, who served under President Trump, told MSNBC on Wednesday that hydroxychloroquine "definitively" does not work as a coronavirus treatment.
probably in the pocket of big pharma
Old 07-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

I wonder why............

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #29
RickBomba

Quote:
I wonder why............

Fatty vagina neck.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar