Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You take so much time and blue to say what I did, almost all of the new wall is to replace existing wall. Trump’s other bold plan is working too; although though it’s just a side benefit from his complete incompetence when it comes to handling this virus, giving him an excuse to shut down immigration.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

We’d all be better off if he’d just play golf instead of President
Old 08-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You take so much time and blue to say what I did, almost all of the new wall is to replace existing wall.

No, I didn't say what you said. I said he is building a whole new wall system. Tearing down what was already in place and was crumbling and ineffective and building a new and more extensive wall system is not merely replacing the old one. It is totally discarding the old and putting in something totally new and different. What existed was inadequate, and it would have been ridiculous to leave it in place while adding a totally new and effective system to it.

The notion that building a new wall system, and that part in which an old one had existed is not actually putting up new wall there, is just political gaslighting to make it appear that he has done far less than he claims. Which is baloney.

Trump’s other bold plan is working too; although though it’s just a side benefit from his complete incompetence when it comes to handling this virus, giving him an excuse to shut down immigration.
His administration, despite your just saying it was completely incompetent, competently did a lot of things. It put together a good task force including much approved "experts" like Fauci. It worked well with the private sector to produce much needed supplies that the previous administration left unstocked. It cleared the way to create massive testing which the inherited CDC was incompetently handling. It instituted and cleared the regulatory path to a fast track to create vaccines. It did yeoman's work in stocking the states' supply of ventilators and masks and testing kits that the states had failed to keep an adequate supply of. For starters, and more.

And "shutting down" immigration seems to have been a preferred method by most of the other countries
Old 08-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
His administration, despite your just saying it was completely incompetent, competently did a lot of things. It put together a good task force including much approved "experts" like Fauci. It worked well with the private sector to produce much needed supplies that the previous administration left unstocked. It cleared the way to create massive testing which the inherited CDC was incompetently handling. It instituted and cleared the regulatory path to a fast track to create vaccines. It did yeoman's work in stocking the states' supply of ventilators and masks and testing kits that the states had failed to keep an adequate supply of. For starters, and more.

And "shutting down" immigration seems to have been a preferred method by most of the other countries
Boy oh boy get a paper towel and wipe that red kool aid off your face before it stains your mother’s rug, are you really not watching what is happening, of course not it matters not to Trumpets. Nothing could be further from the reality facing this country, but I do realize your opinion is in lock step with Trump, much like his GOP cronies which I hope take the hit in November.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-01-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Boy oh boy get a paper towel and wipe that red kool aid off your face before it stains your mother’s rug, are you really not watching what is happening, of course not it matters not to Trumpets. Nothing could be further from the reality facing this country, but I do realize your opinion is in lock step with Trump, much like his GOP cronies which I hope take the hit in November.
I see a worldwide surge in the virus. In the U.S., it's pretty much in the hands of the states and whatever any research can reveal. What do you want Trump, or Biden, or McConnell, or Pelosi, to do about it?
Old 08-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Gee wiz, how about better messaging from the top from the get go, your blinders need to be adjusted so you can see beyond the narrow vision from your mothers basement window allows.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Gee wiz, how about better messaging from the top from the get go, your blinders need to be adjusted so you can see beyond the narrow vision from your mothers basement window allows.
"from the get go" has got up and gone. And the worldwide messaging, back then, including the WHO and the Democrats was very mixed and anti-lock down, anti-travel restriction, anti-masks, anti-virus being easily transmittable. By the time it became a sort of consensus to the "experts" who had a public voice that all of that seemed to be wrong, the virus had already had the start, worldwide, it needed to implant itself and quietly spread until all of the infections started to show up. Trump's messaging vacillated with the rest of the world, but he took it as seriously as anybody else.

Pete's "I take no responsibility" quote is transformed out of context into a fake meme used to hammer Trump, but if flies in the face of the fact that he took a lot of responsibility from the start of it becoming more serious than world "messaging" implied. He differed on some opinions from some of his experts, such as on hydroxychloroquine, but rarely, if ever, on their major opinions. Whatever Fauci and Byrx asked him to do, he did. He left some things, like masks, up to the public, but didn't say they should not be worn. But even Fauci, and other "experts," early on, had mixed opinions on the efficacy of masks, and lockdowns, etc. Trump's current messaging is far more in line with what you want, I presume.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
"from the get go" has got up and gone. And the worldwide messaging, back then, including the WHO and the Democrats was very mixed and anti-lock down, anti-travel restriction, anti-masks, anti-virus being easily transmittable. By the time it became a sort of consensus to the "experts" who had a public voice that all of that seemed to be wrong, the virus had already had the start, worldwide, it needed to implant itself and quietly spread until all of the infections started to show up. Trump's messaging vacillated with the rest of the world, but he took it as seriously as anybody else.

Pete's "I take no responsibility" quote is transformed out of context into a fake meme used to hammer Trump, but if flies in the face of the fact that he took a lot of responsibility from the start of it becoming more serious than world "messaging" implied. He differed on some opinions from some of his experts, such as on hydroxychloroquine, but rarely, if ever, on their major opinions. Whatever Fauci and Byrx asked him to do, he did. He left some things, like masks, up to the public, but didn't say they should not be worn. But even Fauci, and other "experts," early on, had mixed opinions on the efficacy of masks, and lockdowns, etc. Trump's current messaging is far more in line with what you want, I presume.
And this is a pile of bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And this is a pile of bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
Well put. Very persuasive to many folks. The dumbing down of the American people.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Well put. Very persuasive to many folks. The dumbing down of the American people.
The 150,000 and likely a matching number to come and their grieving families might view the BS coming from the top differently. You as always defend regardless, as predictable as Trump. How do you live being a mini me, no thoughts of your own, spouting the party line.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
The people see it. It is why long-standing Republicans are fleeing Trump.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #42
Sea Dangles

Don’t take the ��
Leave it for our resident ��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
The 150,000 and likely a matching number to come and their grieving families might view the BS coming from the top differently. You as always defend regardless, as predictable as Trump. How do you live being a mini me, no thoughts of your own, spouting the party line.
I'll take your well thought out and original comments as gospel truth. Thank you. And keep up your flow of original thinking. Things none of us have heard. Not even, I presume, the media, since you don't regurgitate media messaging.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Funny original thinking for a minion without any!
Old 08-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The people see it. It is why long-standing Republicans are fleeing Trump.
Wait . . . let me follow the chain of thought here . . . your dumbed down comment was a response to what I said . . . and the people see it . . . that is they see that what I said is a pile of bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. . . and that pile is why long-standing Republicans are fleeing Trump?

Damn . . . I didn't realize I had so much influence on long-standing Republicans.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh let’s examine that, your in mommies basement in the Midwest, trolling a NE striper fishing website with minimal membership and you think you’ve got influence, please come outside for a breath of air to clear your head.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Oh let’s examine that, your in mommies basement in the Midwest, trolling a NE striper fishing website with minimal membership and you think you’ve got influence, please come outside for a breath of air to clear your head.
Check with Spence. He said the people see my "pile of bull#^&#^&#^&#^&." And that's why long-standing Republicans are leaving Trump.

BTW, my mother died three years ago. She was 101. And even with her dementia, she saw things more clearly than you. But thanks for mentioning her so often. She was quite a resourceful and independent woman.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh I see right thru Trump’s BS years back, but some are a bit slow to catch up or refuse as they see the alternative as offense, but glad to hear mom lived a long full life!
Old 08-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Oh I see right thru Trump’s BS years back, but some are a bit slow to catch up or refuse as they see the alternative as offense, but glad to hear mom lived a long full life!
Thanks for your thought about my mom. As for Trump's BS years back, it's water under the bridge. Not many politicians Trump's age have a BS free past years back.

Nor do I see any Democrat doing anything better than Trump on the economy nor even the virus. All they have done about either is demonize, complain, accuse, lie, and try to gaslight the public into voting against Trump rather than voting for them. They have not proposed anything helpful. Voting for them is a fool's errand, unless you want to replace our constitutional system with an unhampered totally regulatory system.

That is the discussion we should be having, rather than discussing which creep is the best one to vote for.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #50
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You forget who captains the ship and controls the senate, Trump and his reactive as opposed to proactive leadership has this death toll and economy in a death spiral.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
You forget who captains the ship and controls the senate, Trump and his reactive as opposed to proactive leadership has this death toll and economy in a death spiral.
Well . . . I don't want to go back to that captain of the ship meme which we already discussed a while back. Suffice it to say, I don't believe he is the captain of the ship of state. I don't even subscribe to the notion that our country and its way of governing is at all like a ship and the way it is captained. He is captain of the executive branch of the federal government. No more. The mistake, that has been deliberately planted in our sometimes mindless skulls, that such an analogy exists, leads us into the very way of thinking that is suitable for transforming our limited government into an unlimited one.

As for the rest, sometimes it is necessary to react. Sometimes it is necessary to act. He has done both, when needed in terms of the virus and the economy. And he can only do so as President with limited powers, not as the sometimes wished for autocrat who must be responsible for everything. And the economy is surprisingly doing better than expected under the circumstances.