Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Boat still running?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Time to put Roger Stone in the grand jury to find out what he knows about Trump but would not tell. Commutation can’t stop that.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

The commutation happened because Stone clearly could have implicated Trump & didn’t & has made very clear that he wasn’t doing so in order to get this benefit.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:39 AM   #64
Sea Dangles

The nation is the winner here.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-11-2020, 05:49 AM   #65
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Time to put Roger Stone in the grand jury to find out what he knows about Trump but would not tell. Commutation can’t stop that.
I bet it's a "bombshell"
Old 07-11-2020, 07:13 AM   #66
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Totally disgusted.... Officially on the vote him out bandwagon. Don't even care who is running against. Though I would prefer to have a good decent alternative.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #67
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Totally disgusted.... Officially on the vote him out bandwagon. Don't even care who is running against. Though I would prefer to have a good decent alternative.
We might have Kanye 😂😂😂😂
Old 07-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #68
wdmso

Remember he is the law and order President..
Old 07-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #69
scottw

this has the snowflakes pretty frazzled...
Old 07-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

"I think the prosecution [of Roger Stone] was righteous and I think the sentence that the judge ultimately gave was fair."
-- Attorney General Bill Barr, July 8, 2020
Old 07-11-2020, 08:29 AM   #71
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this has the snowflakes pretty frazzled...
No no no.... I am not a snowflake. I am not frazzled. I am an educated, free thinking, independent, who voted against Hillary, yet votes with a conscience. I never thought that Trump had a chance leading up to the convention. And here we are, three and a half years into it. He hasn't taken advantage of anything except taking care of his own personal agenda. And his loyal cronies. Woe be the loyal soldier who bows to the laws of the land, though... cough cough Cohen.... The two administrations his most resembles are Woodrow Wilson's and 1930s Germany.... Ponder that last one for a minute.
I am amazed at how many very intelligent, well read, educated people, many who I consider friends, can follow and support this man with such fervor..... His shortcomings and failures are to the detriment of the people of these United States. I would willingly follow a leader. But he clearly is not one.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
No no no.... I am not a snowflake. I am not frazzled. I am an educated, free thinking, independent, who voted against Hillary, yet votes with a conscience. I never thought that Trump had a chance leading up to the convention. And here we are, three and a half years into it. He hasn't taken advantage of anything except taking care of his own personal agenda. And his loyal cronies. Woe be the loyal soldier who bows to the laws of the land, though... cough cough Cohen.... The two administrations his most resembles are Woodrow Wilson's and 1930s Germany.... Ponder that last one for a minute.
I am amazed at how many very intelligent, well read, educated people, many who I consider friends, can follow and support this man with such fervor..... His shortcomings and failures are to the detriment of the people of these United States. I would willingly follow a leader. But he clearly is not one.
All politics aside I’m baffled by his support. It’s frightening.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #73
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Jeff, we agree on some common ground here.... My above stated opinions really have nothing to do with politics...

Old 07-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #74
spence

Quote:
Jeff, we agree on some common ground here.... My above stated opinions really have nothing to do with politics...
There’s a reason so many lifelong republicans are getting behind Biden. It is because Trump and Trumpism is an existential threat to the Republic. I knew Trump would be bad but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #75
spence

Quote:
I bet it's a "bombshell"
That Trump knew about the leaks, lied to the FBI about it and Stone lied to help cover it up then threatened to dish if he went to prison? That little tidbit?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #76
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There’s a reason so many lifelong republicans are getting behind Biden. It is because Trump and Trumpism is an existential threat to the Republic. I knew Trump would be bad but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
I am not sure you could count me in the group "getting behind Biden." I think a better analogy is rooting for whoever the Yankees are playing.... I still cringe every time I see Joe speak, waiting for some health issue to appear live on camera.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #77
spence

Quote:
I am not sure you could count me in the group "getting behind Biden." I think a better analogy is rooting for whoever the Yankees are playing.... I still cringe every time I see Joe speak, waiting for some health issue to appear live on camera.
But so many lifelong republicans are because they know just sitting this one out isn’t enough. The risks are too high.

Biden is a moderate and it’s increasingly looking like he’ll pick a moderate running mate. Sure the Dems are probably going to take the Senate also but hopefully the GOP can regroup and find some some rational footing.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #78
Nebe

Quote:
All politics aside I’m baffled by his support. It’s frightening.
Look no further than the decisive tactics used by the nazi party to divide the Germans, frighten them into submission and then get behind their agenda of European domination. Had the Germans really known what was really going on, I think it’s plainly obvious that they would have pulled the rug out from underneath hitler.

Critical thinking is dead in this country. Everyone worships their favorite pundit on cable news that spouts the diarrhea that they want to hear and this just validates their beliefs.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:
That Trump knew about the leaks, lied to the FBI about it and Stone lied to help cover it up then threatened to dish if he went to prison? That little tidbit?
google..."bombshell allegations trump"...it's pretty funny
Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

Critical thinking is dead in this country. Everyone worships their favorite pundit on cable news that spouts the diarrhea that they want to hear and this just validates their beliefs.

I don't have a favorite pundit or watch cable news but I still have a thing for AOC

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4744.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	67231  
Old 07-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:

No no no.... I am not a snowflake.

wasn't directed at you...just a general observation...

regarding the rest...it's not that tough to figure out...the alternative is Biden, Pelosi and Schumer running the country...

I suspect trump will run lots of ads this fall featuring footage provided from the last few weeks festivities, Americans being beaten, harassed, their businesses destroyed, historical sites destroyed and replaced with "art" and laws ignored all while democrats often cheered this as "progress"...this is actually what it looks like when marxist revolutionaries have gone wild through history, they like to paint stuff and break skulls... choose your poison America

Last edited by scottw; 07-11-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
No no no.... I am not a snowflake. I am not frazzled. I am an educated, free thinking, independent, who voted against Hillary, yet votes with a conscience.

What does your conscience tell you about which party will protect your signature quote “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.

I never thought that Trump had a chance leading up to the convention. And here we are, three and a half years into it. He hasn't taken advantage of anything except taking care of his own personal agenda. And his loyal cronies. Woe be the loyal soldier who bows to the laws of the land, though... cough cough Cohen....

It is extremely difficult to do anything other than take care of his personal agenda when for those three and a half years he has been consumed with constant investigations, accusations, lies and misrepresentation against him that required his time and resources to combat. Even so, in spite of that, as has been pointed out several times, he has done, against ferocious opposition, quite a bit that many consider good for the country.

The two administrations his most resembles are Woodrow Wilson's and 1930s Germany.... Ponder that last one for a minute.

That's an interesting comment. Could you elaborate?
I don't see the important resemblances.

I am amazed that the clear corruption, abuse of power, dangerously illegal, and frightening, machinations that have been maliciously plotted and carried out by the Democrats and their willing accomplices in the FBI and CIA, against this President are so completely ignored. You speak of the detriment of the people of these United States?

If you don't think the most powerful criminal and intel organizations of this country willfully, purposefully, illegally concocting a narrative of the President conspiring with Russia, all in order to remove him from his duly elected office is far more dangerous than Trump's supposed lies (many of which are fabricated to appear so) and shortcomings and failures, then that is amazing to me. And, even worse, the leaders of the opposition party being complicit.

It's not about Trump. Those who are amazed that we support Trump are so myopic that they not only disregard the illegal attempt to bring him down, which is far, far more dangerous to the constitutional protection of our liberty than anything Trump has done, but they, even more strangely, pass over our repeated claim that it is not about Trump. It is about the battle of under which ideology we are to be governed.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:54 AM   #83
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I am amazed that the clear corruption, abuse of power, dangerously illegal, and frightening, machinations that have been maliciously plotted and carried out by the Democrats and their willing accomplices in the FBI and CIA, against this President are so completely ignored. You speak of the detriment of the people of these United States?

If you don't think the most powerful criminal and intel organizations of this country willfully, purposefully, illegally concocting a narrative of the President conspiring with Russia, all in order to remove him from his duly elected office is far more dangerous than Trump's supposed lies (many of which are fabricated to appear so) and shortcomings and failures, then that is amazing to me. And, even worse, the leaders of the opposition party being complicit.

It's not about Trump. Those who are amazed that we support Trump are so myopic that they not only disregard the illegal attempt to bring him down, which is far, far more dangerous to the constitutional protection of our liberty than anything Trump has done, but they, even more strangely, pass over our repeated claim that it is not about Trump. It is about the battle of under which ideology we are to be governed.
You need to come out of moms basement, you need to stop drinking that coolaid, take that MAGA hat off it’s clearly cutting off flow to your brain and step outside to clear your head of all those conspiracy theory’s Trump and his minions have been spinning.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:57 AM   #84
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You need to come out of moms basement, you need to stop drinking that coolaid, take that MAGA hat off it’s clearly cutting off flow to your brain and step outside to clear your head of all those conspiracy theory’s Trump and his minions have been spinning.
this is intellectually lazy...
Old 07-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #85
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
this is intellectually lazy...
Trying to debate this guy is like beating your head against a wall, he isn’t rational. He appears much smarter than he is, hence his need to pontificate, don’t let it fool you. Much rather enjoy a bit of fun poking him with some levity. He is oxygen starved clearly and needs to get some air.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trying to debate this guy is like beating your head against a wall, he isn’t rational. He appears much smarter than he is, hence his need to pontificate, don’t let it fool you. Much rather enjoy a bit of fun poking him with some levity. He is oxygen starved clearly and needs to get some air.
he is clearly much smarter and better informed than you and nothing you wrote was even mildly amusing, but I have confidence that you can improve and be more creative
Old 07-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #87
PaulS

and now Trump is weaponizing the IRS to go after colleges and their tax-exempt status. Remember when during the Obama Administration a couple employees took some shortcuts and you would think Obama peed on the flag.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #88
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Wow, just wow.... I have to take a step back when I hear this argument. If "the most powerful criminal and intel organization in the country," ( I believe you mean the Democratic party operatives) could not secure an impeachment, then I question the title you have chosen to give them. This is all too extreme, for me at least, to even consider as credible. And if true, then we are just plain fuc ked anyway.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #89
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wow, just wow.... I have to take a step back when I hear this argument. If "the most powerful criminal and intel organization in the country," ( I believe you mean the Democratic party operatives) could not secure an impeachment, then I question the title you have chosen to give them. This is all too extreme, for me at least, to even consider as credible. And if true, then we are just plain fuc ked anyway.
I think he is referring to FBI Ross

And if power goes to the left, just plain #^&#^&#^&#^&ed is an understatement

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #90
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

More fu*cked than what, the likely 200,000 dead by this countries piss poor handling of this virus, more fu*cked than all the businesses going under as a result, more fu*cked than our president ok with the new surge if it benefits his opinion that opening the economy and now the schools helps him in November. Fu*cked is THE definition of this presidency.