Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #121
ReelinRod

The timing of the Durham administrative investigation moving to a criminal one has been questioned given the progress of the impeachment proceedings.

I've been reading what I think is the reason . . .

A newer FISA court ruling has come out, just declassified on October 8th. It's not unlike the one I referenced earlier in the thread but this one examines even greater DOJ/FBI abuse of the NSA databases in a more recent time period -- after the election.

Hmmmmmm.

This ruling by the FISA court shows that officials within DOJ and FBI are/were on a continuum. The illicit McCabe, Comey, Priestap, Strzok, Page, Baker “small group” activity in 2016 I posted about earlier, didn’t stop after the election but rather continued and expanded with the Mueller / Weissmann investigation (tens of thousands more illegal, 4th Amendment violating searches).

There isn't much in the MSM about this (of course). The Wall Street Journal had an article, (paywall though), it is mirror published (free) on the Hill's website.

So my take is that Barr and Durham were already investigating the 2016 abuses and unmasking and White House PDB involvement but with the declassification and public release of this ruling, they wanted to get subpoenas issued for investigative documents and for many personnel associated with the Special Counsel / Mueller investigation.

Explains why the impeachment timetable got goosed. Things are going to get really nasty.

Link to the ruling below . . . NOTE this is on the DNI's website . . . proceed at your own risk -- hope you don't mind being on a list .

FISC’s October 2018 Opinion

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

I think someone has discovered bureaucracy and thinks it should be perfect.
All you need to do is get involved with government a little bit and you'll figure out that the red tape is not a single line.
More like the worst backlash you've ever had.
Politicians successfully navigate it, but.......
Trump doesn't know how to cast.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #123
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
This is hilarious. I love that you’ve found your sense of humor
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You've been hanging out next to SD too long and he is starting to turn your brain to mush.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:34 PM   #124
ReelinRod

Seems like a strategic leak today coming out of the investigation that nobody knows what its about, and if they do it's just right-wing conspiracy theories.

The 500 page IG report reporting on nothing is going to be released on December 9 and Horowitz himself going to bore everyone with his vacation stories when he testifies in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on December 11.

Back to the leak, for now it is just very top line, no real details other than an FBI agent working on the Carter Page FISA warrant has admitted to altering a document vital to the warrant application.

Interesting that the "news" outlet that has "broken" the story is CNN . . . Usually DOJ leaks go to the Washington Post or NY Times.

Of course CNN is lousy with former Obama officials, some of whom are chest-deep themselves in the illegal FISA warrants like Clapper and McCabe, Comey spokesman Josh Campbell and former FBI chief legal counsel, James Baker . . . All now work for CNN.

No doubt it came from one of them.

Better get your hipboots on, there's gonna be some big waves of nothing coming ashore soon.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/polit...ion/index.html

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s CNN and the rest of the deep state, obviously

John Durham accepted disinformation from a Kremlin cutout. His investigation is tainted and not legitimate.
Stephan Roh, who i’m going to call Mifsud’s handler although he’s officially his lawyer, gave Durham an affidavit allegedly from Mifsud. Roh has worked for Russian oligarchs. Mother in law worked alongside KGB.
He was working for a Russian government contractor in 2016 and has Moscow offices. That Durham accepted his information delegitimizes the whole investigation.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #126
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

John Durham accepted disinformation from a Kremlin cutout. His investigation is tainted and not legitimate.
Stephan Roh, who i’m going to call Mifsud’s handler although he’s officially his lawyer, gave Durham an affidavit allegedly from Mifsud. Roh has worked for Russian oligarchs. Mother in law worked alongside KGB.
He was working for a Russian government contractor in 2016 and has Moscow offices. That Durham accepted his information delegitimizes the whole investigation.

That's some top-level yarn spinning there. As if the Durham investigation hinges on an affidavit from Misfud. Why even bring Misfud up? My post above is about the Carter Page FISA warrant that was based on the Steele dossier . . . Misfud was an operative of Italian Intelligence Services working at the behest of our CIA to set-up / dirty-up Papadopoulos.

I do find your reasoning above interesting because we can run a simple experiment; will you consistently apply the same standard you have established above (that a single tainted affidavit de-legitimizes an entire operation) to grade Operation Crossfire Hurricane?

When the entire foundation for the Trump / Russia investigation is proven illegitimate because of a series of false / misrepresented affidavits leading to illegally obtained FISA warrants combined with the injection of Russian disinformation (Steele dossier) into all levels of the FBI, will you condemn as illegitimate, the entire Trump / Russia investigation, including the Mueller investigation?

We will see.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

There were plenty of reasons to look at the Trump campaign and what he has done that benefits Putin warrants more scrutiny, though after listening to Sondland I am more apt to think it is just due to incompetence and Floridaman's failure to educate himself.

Here are some reasons why the investigation was warranted.

First, there were multiple, separate warnings from allied intelligence agencies to U.S. officials about Russia’s relationship with the Trump campaign. Beginning in late 2015 and going at least through the summer of 2016, the United Kingdom, Germany, Estonia, Poland, the Netherlands and France all informed U.S. officials about interactions between Trump associates and Russians.

Second, an alarming number of figures known to U.S. law enforcement to have Russian links joined the Trump campaign in rapid succession. Michael Flynn joined the campaign as Trump’s national security advisor in February 2016, just two months after he was paid $45,000 to speak at an RT gala in Moscow where he sat next to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Considering Flynn was the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), this behavior surely would have caught the U.S. Intelligence Community’s attention, especially once he joined the campaign. Carter Page, who years earlier had allegedly been recruited by Russian spies in New York and interviewed by the FBI about it, joined the campaign as a foreign policy aide in March 2016. Paul Manafort, who would eventually become campaign chairman, joined on March 28, 2016. Manafort had spent years working for pro-Russian Ukrainian oligarchs and had been interviewed by the FBI reportedly about this work in 2013 and 2014.

Third, Trump’s own behavior would have raised red flags for law enforcement and intelligence agencies. During the campaign, Trump was up front about wanting Russia’s help, publicly calling for Russia to hack his opponent even after it was known that Russia was interfering in the election. He was also pursuing a lucrative business deal in Moscow, which he lied to the American people about, claiming he had “nothing to do with Russia” .

Fourth, the 2016 election was being attacked by Russian military officers, and this necessitated an investigation. Public reports of Russia’s hacking of the DNC go back to June 14, 2016, and Wikileaks began releasing the stolen emails from the DNC on July 22, 2016. Trump was even made aware in August, during his first intelligence briefing as the Republican nominee, that Russia would probably try to spy on his campaign, and he and his campaign were advised to contact the FBI about anything suspicious.

Fifth, the so-called “deep state” plot hinged on the idea that launching an investigation into Trump would damage his campaign — but the investigation wasn’t revealed until after Trump had won. FBI Director James Comey publicly revealed the investigation on March 20, 2017, months after Trump had been elected and inaugurated. And it wasn’t until after Trump had fired Comey and invited the Russian foreign minister into the Oval Office to laugh about relieving the pressure of the Russia investigation that the FBI opened another investigation into Trump himself, seeking to determine “whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.”

With all of this happening in such short order, it would have been unthinkable for the FBI and U.S. intelligence agencies not to have investigated the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #128
scottw

Quote:

well, that explains why the guy from the FBI altered the document to get the warrant....

pete...get some help soon
Old 11-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

The problem with looking at CIA and other intelligence reports from a law enforcement eye is they are not nearly the same.

Intelligence need not be based on a predicate but instead looks at all available information for possible threats. With this they then look further for evidence of what is going on.

Law enforcement needs a predicate to investigate, i.e. evidence of a crime.

FISA is the bridge between the two that enables law enforcement to go from intelligence to predicate.

It is pretty dangerous territory from a constitutional standpoint but each president, including Floridaman, has continued it since it started.
I hope that they have been presented with serious justification for doing so and considered it carefully.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #130
scottw

open a window in the bunker...get some oxygen to your brain pete
Old 11-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #131
Sea Dangles

America 1 st
Old 11-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Russia 1 st
Fixed it for you

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #133
Sea Dangles

Your hopes will not be validated.
Trump has turned up the heat in Russia but your agenda prevents you from noticing. Have a drink and go hunting while Trump does the heavy lifting for you.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump has done no permanent damage to Russia
The little people are suffering and neither Putin or Trump care
Baby steps without allies for US vs Giant steps gaining allies in Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa, Central America and the rest of the world that will be felt for years.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #135
Sea Dangles

If you paid attention to world affairs then you would have a greater understanding.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you paid attention to world affairs then you would have a greater understanding.
If you look further than Faux you might figure something out

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #137
ReelinRod

Quote:
There were plenty of reasons to look at the Trump campaign

>SNIP<

With all of this happening in such short order, it would have been unthinkable for the FBI and U.S. intelligence agencies not to have investigated the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Well, in reading that I can say you are an expert in finding and disseminating disinformation, obfuscation and misrepresentations.

Always remember, the McCabe "small group" cabal desperately needed the Page FISA warrant. They would do (and did) anything to get that application to the FISC.

The Page FISA warrant was never about him, it was to get the FISA "two hop" warrant* for everyone Page was in communication with in the previous 18 months. This illegal legal access to tens of thousands of people was needed to try to assign plausible "legal" footing for the illegal FISA §702(16)(17) searches the small group had been doing going back to 2015.

* "If, for example, a surveillance target has talked to 200 different people in the last 18 months (a low estimate based on our informal sampling), and if each of those 200 people has also called or been called by 200 different people, then a two-hop request would vacuum up records relating to 40,000 people. And it only gets worse if one of the numbers in the first hop belongs to a high-volume caller . . . ."

ACLU, Are "Two Hops" Too Many?

Old 11-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
Well, in reading that I can say you are an expert in finding and disseminating disinformation, obfuscation and misrepresentations.

Always remember, the McCabe "small group" cabal desperately needed the Page FISA warrant. They would do (and did) anything to get that application to the FISC.

The Page FISA warrant was never about him, it was to get the FISA "two hop" warrant* for everyone Page was in communication with in the previous 18 months. This illegal legal access to tens of thousands of people was needed to try to assign plausible "legal" footing for the illegal FISA §702(16)(17) searches the small group had been doing going back to 2015.

* "If, for example, a surveillance target has talked to 200 different people in the last 18 months (a low estimate based on our informal sampling), and if each of those 200 people has also called or been called by 200 different people, then a two-hop request would vacuum up records relating to 40,000 people. And it only gets worse if one of the numbers in the first hop belongs to a high-volume caller . . . ."

ACLU, Are "Two Hops" Too Many?
As I said before

FISA is the bridge between the two that enables law enforcement to go from intelligence to predicate.

It is pretty dangerous territory from a constitutional standpoint but each president, including Floridaman, has continued it since it started.
I hope that they have been presented with serious justification for doing so and considered it carefully.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #139
Sea Dangles

Quote:
If you look further than Faux you might figure something out
Ha, I get my news here most of the time. You are so lost in Trump that you can’t keep track of current events.👍🏿🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ha, I get my news here most of the time. You are so lost in Trump that you can’t keep track of current events.👍🏿🤡
Here’s some news for you

Within 3 days of China agreeing to provide $500m in loans to an Indonesian theme park that the Trump Org has a deal to license Trump's name to, Trump ordered sanctions be rescinded against a major Chinese telecom company.

But Biden is corrupt?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #141
Sea Dangles

You just made my point
🤡🤡
Old 11-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #142
scottw

Quote:

Ha, I get my news here most of the time.

why would you need to go anywhere else...re-Pete provides voluminous content right here...
Old 11-22-2019, 10:53 PM   #143
Sea Dangles

If his wife ever New what he is up to
Old 11-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #144
wdmso

So lets use the Trump defense .. even if the fisa warrants were changed (still dont know what changed) that even with that change .. if they never were charged tried and jailed. Whats the big deal... if its ok to ask a foreign goverment to investigate a us citizen with out evidence. It should be ok for the FBI investigate an american with the same amount of evidence
Old 11-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #145
Sea Dangles

Good enough Wayne.👍🏿
Old 11-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #146
wdmso

Quote:
Good enough Wayne.👍🏿
Cant have it both ways. Sorry
Old 11-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

“The report is also said to conclude that Joseph Mifsud ....was not an F.B.I. informant.”///“No evidence used to open the investigation came from the C.I.A. or from a notorious dossier of claims about Trump-Russia ties compiled by Christopher Steele,”
Old 11-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #148
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Cant have it both ways. Sorry
Not looking for both ways,I said good enough.👍🏿

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So lets use the Trump defense .. even if the fisa warrants were changed (still dont know what changed) that even with that change .. if they never were charged tried and jailed. Whats the big deal... if its ok to ask a foreign goverment to investigate a us citizen with out evidence. It should be ok for the FBI investigate an american with the same amount of evidence
Do i have this right? You’re saying that as long as I’m not charged with a crime, it’s no big deal if the FBI knowingly falsifies a warrant to spy on me? That the unjustified suspension of my right to privacy is no big deal, unless I’m indicted? WOW. I mean, wow.

Have you ever even glanced at the constitution?
Old 11-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

A Trumplican worried about the Constitution, as Floridaman repeats Russian conspiracy theories again

Do you recall that time in November 2018 when Nunes warned the white house when he released a memo? Well, He left the next day for Vienna to meet Lev Parnas. Apparently Lev has the goods on several Trumplicans who were involved in digging up dirt.
Quite the cast of clowns you’re supporting