Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, so we have seen texts from senior DOJ officials, making it obvious they wanted Hilary to win. These same people played key roles in investigating Hilary and Trump.

If no one did anything wrong, the investigation will either show that, or will be a sham. We don't know yet, because nothing has been released.
What hypocritical statement..

thats exactly what happened at the end of the investagation thats now being now investgated.

But you never held that view until now.. before that its was carter page this carter page that how the Government screwed him .. yet no arrests no trial no jail. Guess you were wearing flip flop when you responded

Omg Text messages are your smoking gun

But meeting with russians asking for their help was a nothing burger... and for the billionth time who started the steel doc? Feel free not to answer you may perjure yourself
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What hypocritical statement..

thats exactly what happened at the end of the investagation thats now being now investgated.

But you never held that view until now.. before that its was carter page this carter page that how the Government screwed him .. yet no arrests no trial no jail. Guess you were wearing flip flop when you responded

Omg Text messages are your smoking gun

But meeting with russians asking for their help was a nothing burger... and for the billionth time who started the steel doc? Feel free not to answer you may perjure yourself
i can’t even follow that, you’re talking jibberish.

it’s hypocritical to say “let’s not judge the investigation until it’s released and made public”?

wdmso, here’s what it boils down to for you and pete and spence...

liberal=good, conservative=bad, no exceptions.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You're not getting it Jim. It's all about belief. It's like a Muslim arguing with a Catholic. That discussion will get nowhere, except a fight. You have to understand that we are in the back end of a Post Modern age. There are no absolute truths. You have your truth and Pete has his truth. The concept of a philosophically Western style rational discussion based on reason and some semblance of basic values, or principles is of no use since those things don't exist. When it comes to differences, the only thing that matters is power. Who is the strongest, or can shout the loudest, or get the most followers to believe him, wins the argument.

Sea Dangles (and Got Stripers in his way) has it about right. There is no point to an actual discussion. Just say stuff. It's easier, and more fun.
i get all that. but when the libs here say the investigation is a sham, i’m just asking what they base that belief on? because they don’t know a single thing about the investigation yet, som curious as to how they’ve come to believe it’s a sham, based on zero knowledge.

if a muslim asks me why i prefer catholicism, i can articulate very specific reasons why, point to actual evidence that actually exists.

these guys can’t. i’ve asked them all, and except for GS, they completely dodged.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:

curious as to how they’ve come to believe it’s a sham, based on zero knowledge.

bitter snowflakes
Old 10-27-2019, 08:34 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
bitter snowflakes
i think scared sh*tless, more than bitter.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
i can’t even follow that, you’re talking jibberish.

it’s hypocritical to say “let’s not judge the investigation until it’s released and made public”?

wdmso, here’s what it boils down to for you and pete and spence...

liberal=good, conservative=bad, no exceptions.
Jim your just a partisan cat just chasing a laser pointer .. you dont know why .. or even need a reason.. other than its has to be republican laser pointer
Old 10-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim your just a partisan cat just chasing a laser pointer .. you dont know why .. or even need a reason.. other than its has to be republican laser pointer
uh, false. i’m in favor of gay marriage , opposed to the death penalty, in favor of more gun control, in favor of expanding health care coverage to people with pre existing conditions.

please tell me, on which major policy items, you agree with republicans?
Old 10-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #68
scottw

Quote:
uh, false. i’m in favor of gay marriage , opposed to the death penalty, in favor of more gun control, in favor of expanding health care coverage to people with pre existing conditions.

we're gonna have to deport you with the rest of the democrats
Old 10-30-2019, 09:33 PM   #69
ReelinRod

Wow, some funny stuff here. So here's a post I wrote for another forum; seems like people here need some facts. Yeah, it's a little long but it lays out precisely what Durham is investigating . . .

NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers, who, without informing Clapper or Brennan or anyone, in what can only be described as "White Hat" frustration, went to Trump Tower a week and a half after election day and told Trump about the incredible amount of spying on him and his people done by the Obama administration. Trump vacated Trump Tower the next day and moved critical transition operations to Trump National in Bedminster NJ, never to return to Trump Tower.

Make no mistake, Trump has known what was done to him from the earliest days . . .

Here's how we got there . . .

In late 2015, Admiral Rogers had discovered anomalies in the use of NSA metadata searches, set up under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). He tried various controls to tighten things up but to no avail. We have come to know this activity as "unmasking".

This specifically means abuse of FISA §702(16)(17) queries; a "702" is an American citizen, subsection 16 refers to searches with "To or From" parameters, subsection 17 denotes an "About" search.

Anytime an American citizen is swept up in NSA surveillance, all identifiers (email address, phone number, name, etc) must be shielded and can only be exposed under certain highly regulated conditions.

In April of 2016, Admiral Rogers became aware that the FBI was allowing "private contractors" to have complete access to the NSA database; this was shocking to him . . .

On April 18, 2016, Admiral Rogers shut down this private contractor access; remember that date.

Rogers then asked NSA’s Office of Compliance to conduct a “fundamental baseline review of compliance associated with 702” and issue a report to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). They issued a report to the court in October that was complete BS. . . The NSA lied to the court and Rogers knew it.

Admiral Rogers then went straight to the FISA court and told them the report was bogus and there were problems in the use of the NSA database. The court began its own investigation and they issued a order in April of 2017 (note, that is after Trump was sworn in).

In the court's top secret report (declassified by Trump) they found that in the short 6 month window they examined, 85% of the queries were illegal and that (going by the at least 5 character redaction) amounted to thousands of searches and there was nothing to lead them to believe that number was an outlier . . . It wasn't outrageous to think that volume of illegal searches could be typical going back to 2012:

The FISC reported that the decision to allow this private contractors access was the result of "deliberate decisionmaking" and that the NSA and FBI kept this hidden from the court until Admiral Rogers informed them.

The FISC also ruled that no matter what agreements were made between agencies or with outside contractors, that would not overrule the rules for keeping US citizen identifiers confidential:

The FISC also reported that the private contractors had unfettered access to the database and that access was well beyond any reasonable need:

There's that date again, April 18, 2016, in the last sentence of the screen grab above . . . It is important because the very next day after "private contractor" access to the NSA database was shut-down by Rogers, Mary Jacoby, wife of Glenn Simpson, founder of Fusion GPS, was at the White House and stayed there for 14 hours . . . Now, that's a transcript I'd like to see . . .

Screen grab of White House visitor log:

By the end of April, Fusion GPS was hired by the DNC/Hillary, no doubt willing and able to use all the illegal data harvested out of the NSA, on HRC opponents and later, Trump and associates.

There is no denying that when the IG report comes out and the Barr / Durham investigation is released, it will be evident that the Obama administration spied on hundreds if not thousands of US citizens for years, for political purposes, and that illegal activity mutated into an absolute monster once Trump became the nominee.

This illegality goes right into the Oval Office. This illegal and 4th Amendment violating information on US citizens, was incorporated into the Presidential Daily Briefing so it could be distributed in a very secure manner to people in the administration for political action. Samantha Powers, Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes are the primary actors in the White House involved in unmasking.

It will be evident that the entire Russia Hoax (including the Mueller investigation) was an elaborate, ever evolving and expanding cover-up of the illegal activities done before election day, essentially trying to get all the illegal "spying" onto some semblance of a legal footing with falsely obtained FISA warrants.

Looking into those falsely obtained FISA warrants is why Barr and Durham have been crossing the globe, traveling to Italy and Australia and the UK, finding out about CIA 's work with foreign governments doing things against US citizens that was actually illegal.

This is only a short, superficial look at what the REAL investigations are all about. The depth and degree of criminality of the Obama administration will be shocking and breathtaking and the reckoning will be delicious.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:36 PM   #70
Sea Dangles

I think you might be on to something here.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:59 PM   #71
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I think you might be on to something here.

Remember the January 11, 2017 Politico article outlining the 2016 Ukraine election meddling?

The woman in that story, who worked for the DNC and colluded with the government of Ukraine to sabotage Trump, (which is what Trump was asking President Zelenskyy to look into and talk to Barr about), popped back up in an article today about the well known but secret "whistleblower" . . .

Today we find out the whistleblower" is a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election."

Not only that, he, "left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. . . . He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters."

We already know (and that Schiff lied about it) that the "whistleblower" "huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC."

And now the cherry on top, we find out that the whistleblower, "worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt [as reported in the Politico article] on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, . . . The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter."

Now we know why the whistleblower was so upset, and just had to go run screaming in horror to Schiff and write his report!

He learned Trump was asking Ukrainian President Zelenskyy to investigate his 'comrade in arms' in sabotaging Trump and possibly exposing him and his seditious actions in the White House!

What a patriot!

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:09 AM   #72
scottw

lots of democrats and deep state partisans need to go to jail here.....drain the swamp baby!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:01 AM   #73
PaulS

Nice try. Everything the whistleblower said has been confirmed by others who have heard the call 1st hand.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:07 AM   #74
Sea Dangles

Liberal fool
Old 10-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Nice try. Everything the whistleblower said has been confirmed by others who have heard the call 1st hand.
we have the transcript...what the whistleblower said it was told thirdhand is now irrelevant...it's no big deal unless you are a melting snowflake determined to exact revenge on the object of your years long ire...stop ignoring the real crimes and criminals
Old 10-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #76
PaulS

Quote:
we have the transcript...what the whistleblower said it was told thirdhand is now irrelevant...it's no big deal unless you are a melting snowflake determined to exact revenge on the object of your years long ire...stop ignoring the real crimes and criminals
you mean the doctored transcript that left out things?

Saying "what a Patriot" to imply Schiff is not a Patriot is as scummy as Ingrahm. Do the Reps. have no bottom?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #77
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Liberal fool
Dumb irrelevant human.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #78
scottw

Quote:

Saying "what a Patriot" to imply Schiff is not a Patriot is as scummy as Ingrahm. Do the Reps. have no bottom?
Schiff should be in jail....
Old 10-31-2019, 07:49 AM   #79
PaulS

Quote:
Schiff should be in jail....
SD should be in jail.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:50 AM   #80
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

No, no, no, clearly Vindman is lying.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-31-2019, 07:56 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:
SD should be in jail.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #82
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, no, no, clearly Vindman is lying.
try to pay attention to what is REALLY going on
Old 10-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #83
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
try to pay attention to what is REALLY going on
Enlighten us, beyond Vindman stating the transcript is doctored, what is 'really going on'

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #84
scottw

Quote:
Enlighten us, beyond Vindman stating the transcript is doctored, what is 'really going on'
this is a democrat concoction just like russian collusion and the circus of the Kavanaugh hearings...pretty sinister and sad how low they will stoop

https://www.realclearinvestigations....er_120996.html

Eric Ciaramella — Fearing their anonymous witness could be exposed, Democrats this week blocked Republicans from asking more questions about him and intend to redact his name from all deposition transcripts.

Federal documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

Joe Biden: Invited Ciaramella to state luncheon with Italian premier. Also invited: Brennan, Comey, Clapper.

Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

“He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Also, Ciaramella huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC. (Schiff is the lead prosecutor in the impeachment inquiry.)

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #85
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
this is a democrat concoction just like russian collusion and the circus of the Kavanaugh hearings...pretty sinister and sad how low they will stoop

https://www.realclearinvestigations....er_120996.html

Eric Ciaramella — Fearing their anonymous witness could be exposed, Democrats this week blocked Republicans from asking more questions about him and intend to redact his name from all deposition transcripts.

Federal documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

Joe Biden: Invited Ciaramella to state luncheon with Italian premier. Also invited: Brennan, Comey, Clapper.

Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

“He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Also, Ciaramella huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC. (Schiff is the lead prosecutor in the impeachment inquiry.)

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.

The identity of the whistleblower DOES NOT change the events that happened. Period.

Is Vindman a credible witness in your mind? How about Bill Taylor?

I'll try to get back to this later, I have to get some work done....

Bryan

Old 10-31-2019, 08:24 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:

The identity of the whistleblower DOES NOT change the events that happened. Period.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:36 AM   #87
ReelinRod

Quote:

My "what a patriot" was referring to the "whistleblower" and his motivation. We were told that he was so concerned for the nation that he was compelled to reveal the call . . . When in fact it is obvious he was just scared that his West Wing sedition would be exposed.

NOTHING is as the Dems portray; it is all a crafted narrative designed to mold opinion rather than inform. Lucky for the nation, they are so fake and inept and stupid, their duplicitousness is always exposed.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #88
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post

NOTHING is as the Dems portray; it is all a crafted narrative designed to mold opinion rather than inform. Lucky for the nation, they are so fake and inept and stupid, their duplicitousness is always exposed.
yup
Old 10-31-2019, 09:34 AM   #89
ReelinRod

Quote:
Is Vindman a credible witness in your mind?

Democrats last week: Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset!

Democrats this week: How dare anyone question the loyalty of someone wearing the uniform of our nation!

Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 AM   #90
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
My "what a patriot" was referring to the "whistleblower" and his motivation. We were told that he was so concerned for the nation that he was compelled to reveal the call . . . When in fact it is obvious he was just scared that his West Wing sedition would be exposed.

Right - everyone is lying other than Trump Fake, inept and stupid - are you talking about Trump and his lies in this whole affair?

Sedition - That is as scummy as questioning people's patriotism. How low will you go?