Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 09-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
wdmso

Mixed bag Day

Took a friend out yesterday who is legally blind .. My plan was getting him on some smaller blues casting a tin which we found. he has a tendency just to winch away which wasn't an issue with the smaller blues then did some bottom fishing were he limited out 3 nice black sea bass next figured easy tube and worm for bit Marked some fish and the tube gets crushed while he has the rod with a 13lb Blue a Fantastic way to end the day...

PS one boat was getting the Blues to blast bone color doc's ... sadly I left mine at home
Attached Images
File Type: jpg +RcNd9PdTBOPZQb1kUbYpQ.jpg (155.2 KB, 29 views)
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
scottw

that's a fun fish...I thought I spotted you off Newport yesterday..we started with sea bass and short fluke not seeing much on the surface anywhere other than some small bass briefly...found a cove stacked with bait and hung out for a bit...the bones found the bait eventually and pounded them through the morning tide...I ended up with bass, blues, bonito and scup on fly rod and we ended up with a cooler full of bonito...heaven for a shore guy like me...crazy to be out there on a holiday weekend and the only other boats fishing around us were two kayaks, one guy spear fishing and another casting at them and who caught his first bonito...it was hilarious to hear him screaming along with his drag...the spearfishing guy said he got one which must have been a great shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0162.jpg (212.4 KB, 22 views)
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
wdmso

I never made past 2nd beach ,,, think most of the boats i saw stayed on the big schools of blues inside the river , at noon when i headed back it was all 30, 40ft yachts heading out .. those guys dont get up early
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Took a friend out yesterday who is legally blind .. My plan was getting him on some smaller blues casting a tin which we found. he has a tendency just to winch away which wasn't an issue with the smaller blues then did some bottom fishing were he limited out 3 nice black sea bass next figured easy tube and worm for bit Marked some fish and the tube gets crushed while he has the rod with a 13lb Blue a Fantastic way to end the day...

PS one boat was getting the Blues to blast bone color doc's ... sadly I left mine at home
Nice.
Did a similar thing yesterday. Took a colleague out front. Had bluefish grabbing the sea bass jigs, but nothing on top. Kept a handful of better sea bass and released a ton of other legal and shorts.
Made a couple of quick drifts on the way in for two decent fluke and a short (in this picture is a 25"). Fresh fluke is a nice bonus for this time of year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image-2.jpg (142.4 KB, 18 views)

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

They are in good Bryan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote