Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
fishbones

Chatham Advice

I'm taking the family down to Chatham tomorrow for a week and renting a beach house on the Nantucket Sound side. I'm planning on fishing at night and maybe some kayak fishing during the day. Not looking for locations, just wondering if it's worth hitting it hard at night or if I should be catching up on sleep. Also looking for any recommendations on good, family oriented restaurants in the area. Thanks.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I'm taking the family down to Chatham tomorrow for a week and renting a beach house on the Nantucket Sound side. I'm planning on fishing at night and maybe some kayak fishing during the day. Not looking for locations, just wondering if it's worth hitting it hard at night or if I should be catching up on sleep. Also looking for any recommendations on good, family oriented restaurants in the area. Thanks.
You can have a blast with a yak in Chatham. Stage Harbor, Pleasant Bay, can't go wrong. I have no idea about night fishing there but why not? As for family places to eat whcih I have never done but I would feel fine taking mine to the Squire. I always hit that place when I'm in town for business.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
O.D. Mike

Fish bones,
sent a PM
O.D. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Islander77

Ifish outta chatham if you see a boat named stranglehold or the Edward and Joeseph be nice man... And stay far away from the fish pier seals in there stage should be good.. over near the bridge on the back side of stage too.... hardings beach.. As far as food dinos in east harwich for breakfast, the hot stove is good, or at top of 137 the corner store...
Islander77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
robc22
zziplex lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Hard to beat the lazy lobster in N. Chatham......Its on orlean's Rd.(rt28) in N.chatham.......almost across from the post office.....good food and drink at fair prices.....enjoy!!!!.....

Lobster Troll #1
robc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #6
stiff tip

for family food day/night, like sea food and great pizza u got to try the (red) barn on rt 6 wellfleet its the best...try goose hummick, or the hook up in orleans for advice on fishing the beachs...
stiff tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
fishbones

Thanks for the help, guys! And thanks for the pms and texts, much appreciated! Heading down later today hoping to miss the worst of the traffic. Gonna fish the beach where we're staying tonight and try to get a boat trip in with dad during the week, or at least meet up with him mid cape for some night surfcasting. Definitely looking forward to some much needeed R&R,&F. happy Independence Day to all.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
SurfCaster413

good luck and give em hell!
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #9
CaptMike

Sorry I missed you I was up all weekend. In the yak I would jit pleasant bay, so much shallow water opportunity in there. As for dining, the squire and the oyster are my favorites and Larry's PX for breakfast is awesome. Nick's deli is great for sandwiches.
CaptMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
JohnnySaxatilis

Capt Mike try ember yet? Awesome coal fire pizza and beer and wine. And they got cisco Whales Tail Pale Ale. mmmmmmmm
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
JamesJet

Sorry just saw this today

I have been doing well from my friends boat out in the rips so no reaon why at night they wouldnt come in at night. Bait has been the very small sand eels (read small sluggos / flies) and or squid out there. I like all the areas mentioned but just know the water was very warm already and I am sure now its cooking so particularly look for areas with access to deeper water. If you fish Hardings its ussually well worth the walk to the inlet. Pleasant bay hasn't fished as well for me the last two years but its probably just me. As others said plenty of great water.

For food - I am personally friends with the folks who own the Red Nun so I tend to go there much more than the Squire. Its got a good juicy burger they serve on a big english muffin and the other stuff is good too, but i am bias. Ditto for me on Larry's PX- best breakfast around by far and very much a family friendly place.
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
CaptMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis View Post
Capt Mike try ember yet? Awesome coal fire pizza and beer and wine. And they got cisco Whales Tail Pale Ale. mmmmmmmm
Ember, where is it? Chatham needs more pizza places although NE and Carmine's are pretty good. I tried Sweet Tomatoes too but I honestly can't rememeber how it was. I love the Cisco beers!
CaptMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Carmine's is the best!
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
CaptMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Carmine's is the best!
Carmine's is so good!