Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-08-2023, 09:06 PM   #1
wdmso

He really got the better of china on that. keeping it a secret from the governors of the states it was flying over

Jim you’re the most uninformed gullible person here.

Did you star in the movie don’t look up?

Because that’s all it took to see the balloon.

Another conservative who never heard of a satellite

Ps Jim your party loves Putin. He don’t like drag queens either.. Don’t be fooled
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 02-08-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He really got the better of china on that. keeping it a secret from the governors of the states it was flying over

Jim you’re the most uninformed gullible person here.

Did you star in the movie don’t look up?

Because that’s all it took to see the balloon.

Another conservative who never heard of a satellite

Ps Jim your party loves Putin. He don’t like drag queens either.. Don’t be fooled
but the federal government knew where it was, before it got there. it wasn’t a stealth bomber. but they didn’t tell
the governors of the states it was about to pass through, that it was coming. .

that’s effective leadership. dripping with strength.
i’m sure he strikes fear i to the heart of the chinese.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:13 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but the federal government knew where it was, before it got there. it wasn’t a stealth bomber. but they didn’t tell
the governors of the states it was about to pass through, that it was coming. .

that’s effective leadership. dripping with strength.
i’m sure he strikes fear i to the heart of the chinese.
Jim, do you ever read anything? It was reported by civilians once it crossed over the border. Another fake scandal to get outraged about. How’s your BP?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:30 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, do you ever read anything? It was reported by civilians once it crossed over the border. Another fake scandal to get outraged about. How’s your BP?
spence, did you read my post? Why didn’t the dm feds tell the governors it was coming? you proves my point, you didn’t challenge it. the governor of montana was ticked that he learned about it from his citizens, rather then hearing a out it from the administration.

maybe bidens plan to defeat china is to get them
all to die laughing.

you supported what i said. you didn’t counter it. i appreciate the assist, even though your own post went a mile over your own head.

He did do fine at the SOTU and Marjorie Taylor Greene shows the country again what an unserious jerk she is

here’s a question…did biden “create” all those jobs? or were most of them simply restored once covid began to dissipate, which began before he took office? is he being a little dishonest there?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:41 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
spence, did you read my post? Why didn’t the dm feds tell the governors it was coming? you proves my point, you didn’t challenge it. the governor of montana was ticked that he learned about it from his citizens, rather then hearing a out it from the administration.

maybe bidens plan to defeat china is to get them
all to die laughing.

you supported what i said. you didn’t counter it. i appreciate the assist, even though your own post went a mile over your own head.

He did do fine at the SOTU and Marjorie Taylor Greene shows the country again what an unserious jerk she is

here’s a question…did biden “create” all those jobs? or were most of them simply restored once covid began to dissipate, which began before he took office? is he being a little dishonest there?
You really are the Fox echo chamber, do some research and go back before Clinton and look at jobs each created during their entire four years, Biden blows them away in just two years. So if your contention is correct one or all of those guys would have created all those jobs and guess what they didn’t.

Are these governors so detached they or their staff don’t watch the news, the ballon track was in the news daily.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:12 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I’ve said plenty, but, like I said, see my above post. Trump broke a lot of brains here, and unless you’re shrieking to the skies above about him, anything else is treated as white noise.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:26 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’ve said plenty, but, like I said, see my above post. Trump broke a lot of brains here, and unless you’re shrieking to the skies above about him, anything else is treated as white noise.
go enjoy your borscht. Das Vadanya.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:30 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
go enjoy your borscht. Das Vadanya.
Na Zdorovie

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-09-2023, 07:51 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Na Zdorovie
my middle son and his boy scout troop did a camping -
/ ski trip to northern VT last weekend in the frigid cold. they had a really nice cabin with a wood stove so they were fine. great stuff. Zero screen time.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:48 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
my middle son and his boy scout troop did a camping -
/ ski trip to northern VT last weekend in the frigid cold. they had a really nice cabin with a wood stove so they were fine. great stuff. Zero screen time.
Gotta do it in a tent or snow shelter, separates the men from the boys.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-09-2023, 08:07 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

In a scene that looks straight out of the Soviet Union, Ron DeSantis sat yesterday at a desk flanked by several guests, where for an hour, he proposed new ways to crack down on media outlets freedom by weakening their legal protections. Behind him, a giant “TRUTH”, (Pravda) sign.
'DeSantis repeatedly decried First Amendment protections granted to US media outlets and brainstormed ways to weaken them.

He described the press as the country’s “leading purveyors of disinformation...'

The GOP has gone full authoritarian.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In a scene that looks straight out of the Soviet Union, Ron DeSantis sat yesterday at a desk flanked by several guests, where for an hour, he proposed new ways to crack down on media outlets freedom by weakening their legal protections. Behind him, a giant “TRUTH”, (Pravda) sign.
'DeSantis repeatedly decried First Amendment protections granted to US media outlets and brainstormed ways to weaken them.

He described the press as the country’s “leading purveyors of disinformation...'

The GOP has gone full authoritarian.
It's been 27 months since President Biden won the 2020 election.

But that election continues to haunt officials in the Philadelphia suburb of Delaware County, Pa., who are still dealing with lawsuits alleging election fraud, despite no substantial evidence, and ongoing criticism from some local residents during public meetings.

the GOPQ is a festering infected wound on our nation .. who won't seek or accept treatment ... amputation is starting to be the only solution But the Rons and the Trumps of the world these festering and infected are their base and they want their votes ... so they will continue to pour whatever lies they believe back to them while taking their money
Old 02-09-2023, 11:03 AM   #13
PaulS

How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:24 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.
She knows those who support her are not interested in Facts or the Truth they just want her to own the libs while here state reaming at the bottom of most indexes

Median Income 49th in health care 48 in crime and 41 in education
$26,315

and found this Odd in Fiscal Stability they rank 14th?

but their priority Arkansas House Passes Bill Restricting 'Adult' Performances

you cant make this stuff up
Old 02-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #15
Jim in CT

do only the wealthy can complain about government waste. very inclusive.

no one is asking the feds to stop helping people
paul. It’s waste. And if a republican were to get elected potus, maybe the republican politicians would stop caring about wasteful
spending. That doesn’t mean it’s not a legitimate issue.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:46 PM   #16
PaulS

Quote:
do only the wealthy can complain about government waste. very inclusive. No idea what tangent you're trying to go off to.

no one is asking the feds to stop helping people
paul. It’s waste. And if a republican were to get elected potus, maybe the republican politicians would stop caring about wasteful
spending. That doesn’t mean it’s not a legitimate issue.
She didn't say anything about waste.

If she had any type of upbringing she would do the decent thing and tell the "bureaucratic tyrants" she is showing such distain for to keep their money and not send it to Ark.

Complaining about the same people you accept money is pretty classless.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:32 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
She didn't say anything about waste.

If she had any type of upbringing she would do the decent thing and tell the "bureaucratic tyrants" she is showing such distain for to keep their money and not send it to Ark.

Complaining about the same people you accept money is pretty classless.
she doesn’t have to specify waste. only a rabid political moron would presume she’s talking about cutting things that actually help people.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:48 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
she doesn’t have to specify waste. only a rabid political moron would presume she’s talking about cutting things that actually help people.
And only a rapid political moron would bring up things that weren't said
Old 02-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
And only a rapid political moron would bring up things that weren't said
yet you assumed she’d cut things that we need, which she never said. It’s ok when you do it.

you think there’s any waste in the federal budget Paul? None?
Old 02-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim clearly you don’t understand that laws are not written to address every eventuality

No, just the eventualities to which the laws apply.

So you want a judge to rule on what’s written ? It makes no sense

It makes perfect sense to rule on the written law.

All judges. Originalist or not always include their interpretations of the law into their decisions.

To think otherwise is just absurd.

The judges are not constantly "interpreting" the law as if it were some foreign language that needs to be translated into English. They "interpret" how the law applies to the case in hand.
An originalist interprets how the original text applies to the case.
A non-originalist, applies considerations other than the text to the case, and may have to resort to redefining the original meanings of the text in order to justify a decision or "interpretation."

The problem arises when Judges only use their personal beliefs and perceptions as the main ingredient in their decisions.
That's sort of like being a little bit, or sort of, pregnant. The main ingredient in a pregnancy itself is the fetus, or zygote, or baby. Any other ingredient, such as a man can become a woman and so can become pregnant, is a fiction used to create a new being, to transform humanity

The main ingredient in SCOTUS judicial interpretation is the text of the law. Anything else is a fiction which, if accepted, transforms the Constitution into a new being, a new law.

Progressives use "personal beliefs and perceptions" as a fictional means to avoid or subvert the "main ingredient"--the original text--to create new law. To legislate from the bench.

Here's the perfect illustration of Progressive adjudication that changes constitutional law, that transforms the Constitution from a written law into a jumble of fluid words that can merely be a "legal" excuse to do as you wish--Wickard v. Filburn (1942). To briefly summarize, the Roosevelt administration thought that keeping prices up during the Depression would help to shorten it (which turned out to be wrong and actually stupid). So they allotted a quota system for production. Only so much wheat, e.g., was allowed per producer, to be grown. A small farmer, Rosco Filburn, grew more than his allowed share, the vast majority of which was used to feed his own livestock. He was thus fined by the Federal Government for excess growth, so he fought it and lost the case.

He was prosecuted under the Agricultural Adjustment Act which was supposedly made valid by the Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution. To make it brief, essentially, the ICC was previously established by Chief Justice Marshall as being limited, AS WRITTEN IN THE TEXT OF THE CONSTITUTION, to commerce with foreign nations, among (between) the states, and with the Indian tribes. In spite of the fact that commerce as defined at the time meant actual business between buyers and sellers, and in spite of the fact that Filburn did not even sell his "excess" wheat but used it himself, and that it did not cross state borders, the Progressively packed court decided that, "Even if activity be local and though it may not be regarded as commerce, it may still, whatever its nature, be reached by Congress if it exerts a substantial economic effect on interstate commerce."

In other words, even though Filburn did not sell his wheat in interstate commerce, he did consume it on his own farm. Had he not grown the wheat himself, he would have had to buy it. And even though the monetary value of the small amount of wheat in question would not affect the price of wheat, it would, in the aggregate, have a substantial effect if there were many others who grew wheat on their own property, for their own consumption.

So, by this "interpretation" of the original textual words "commerce" and "interstate" in the Constitution, and this "interpretation" of to whom the clause was specifically directed (with foreign nations, among [between] the states, and with the Indian tribes), by these interpretations the Federal Congress was given an expansion of regulatory power that affects nearly every aspect of our lives. That is, nearly everything we do can have a claim to having an affect on commerce. And "commerce" can be anything a judge or Congress says it is. And "interstate" can also mean "intrastate" or just be meaningless so the Clause need no longer be referred to or named the Interstate Commerce Clause, but just referred to as the Commerce Clause.

The once Constitutionaly limited Interstate Commerce Clause has become the primary source of federal power.

And by the host of Progressively interpreted SCOTUS decisions that followed, the power of the states, and of the people, has diminished.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-10-2023 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-09-2023, 04:32 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I love his “people liked his policies” mantra it’s a classic hit and I guess if by that you mean the upper crust and big business, then yeah they like them why not it was a big money grab. If the policies were that good, everyone’s doing so much better, then I doubt his caustic personality would be such a deal breaker. Trump continues to be a weight dragging the GOP down. Jim can’t seem to understand why it comes around to Trump all the time, which to me seems like an easy thing to grasp. When you bash Biden and his performance, is it any wonder we bring up the previous administration? Trump cost you the White House, Trump led a coup, he cost you the big red wave and even now he is the only one with a hat in the ring for 24.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:29 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I love his “people liked his policies” mantra it’s a classic hit and I guess if by that you mean the upper crust and big business, then yeah they like them why not it was a big money grab. If the policies were that good, everyone’s doing so much better, then I doubt his caustic personality would be such a deal breaker. Trump continues to be a weight dragging the GOP down. Jim can’t seem to understand why it comes around to Trump all the time, which to me seems like an easy thing to grasp. When you bash Biden and his performance, is it any wonder we bring up the previous administration? Trump cost you the White House, Trump led a coup, he cost you the big red wave and even now he is the only one with a hat in the ring for 24.
thing is, i backed it up. Trump had the all
time record in the Gallup poll, asking if americans are better off after four years of a president.

if you put his outrageous behavior aside, he delivered. unemployment 0.1% higher than it is now, lowest black unemployment ever, tax cuts, eliminating a lot of ( what was apparently) useless regulations, criminal
justice reform ( which your side has wanted for 30 years and obama chose not to do it), low inflation, stock market records, getting public and private sector together to quickly build covid testing and vaccine, increasing funding for black colleges. He did things i hated. but overall, america liked his policies.

insulting me, doesn’t make that wrong. it just makes you look stupid. you hated him to the point your brain cracked. we get it.

this kid why you’re all terrified of desantis. smart policies without the personal baggage ( so far).
Old 02-09-2023, 05:47 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor Dictim
We know Republicans would never cut anything people need and never give to the people who don’t…

“We are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight. Every day, we are told that we must partake in their rituals, salute their flags, and worship their false idols.”

Do you really think this is a path to power on the national level? Because wow.

Of course it’s all the Trumplican Party has. If they ran on their policy positions of tax cuts for the wealthy and restricting women's reproductive rights, they wouldn't have much else to talk about.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor Dictim
We know Republicans would never cut anything people need and never give to the people who don’t…

“We are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight. Every day, we are told that we must partake in their rituals, salute their flags, and worship their false idols.”

Do you really think this is a path to power on the national level? Because wow.

Of course it’s all the Trumplican Party has. If they ran on their policy positions of tax cuts for the wealthy and restricting women's reproductive rights, they wouldn't have much else to talk about.
oh, republicans give TONS to people who don’t need it. Why would you claim i think otherwise? because you’re a deranged, schizophrenic liar?

how can the side that holds more state and federal offices, be the victim, exactly, pete?

“tax cuts for the wealthy”

total lie. trump doubled the standard deduction, helps people at the bottom. he lowered tax rates in every single tax bracket. there wasn’t a tax bracket that didn’t get a cut.

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up.

crime is up. fentanyl deaths are up. illegal border crossings are up. effective wages are down thousands of dollars a year because of insane inflation

when trump was potus, you said here he was responsible for every covid death. biden oversaw more deaths. and you stopped beating that drum. How come? voices in your head stopped telling you to lead with that?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
oh, republicans give TONS to people who don’t need it. Why would you claim i think otherwise? because you’re a deranged, schizophrenic liar?

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up. ?
Jim you're becoming more and more unstable and angry
Old 02-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

how can the side that holds more state and federal offices, be the victim, exactly, pete?

“tax cuts for the wealthy”

total lie. trump doubled the standard deduction, helps people at the bottom. he lowered tax rates in every single tax bracket. there wasn’t a tax bracket that didn’t get a cut.

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up.

crime is up. fentanyl deaths are up. illegal border crossings are up. effective wages are down thousands of dollars a year because of insane inflation

when trump was potus, you said here he was responsible for every covid death. biden oversaw more deaths. and you stopped beating that drum. How come? voices in your head stopped telling you to lead with that?
Poor Dictim, are you off your meds?

If the Trumplican party actually controls the country as you claim, one would think the Republican run states would be leading, instead they’re failing.

2020 set records for murders, who was President then?
Are you proposing Congress actually do something about immigration and drug abuse, it looks like they’re more interested in playing victim. How’s that clown show going?

The Trump tax cuts were far more beneficial to the highest income Americans.

FACT; Trump imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on 1000s of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. The tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.

Corporate profits have set all time records and are major inflation drivers, are you now advocating for price controls?
Or is it the minimum wage that’s driving inflation?

And actually, the crime capitol of the US is Kevin McCarthy's Republican-run Bakersfield, CA.

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-09-2023 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Add

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-10-2023, 07:22 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s obvious that despite his claims to the opposite, the dictim really wants Trump, because he reflects his real values.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:23 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.
no names, no specifics, from a rag that made up the University of VA rape case...that's good enough for Pete though!

I'm surprised Pete, that you'd admit there are any violent criminals coming across the border illegally. But at least we cleared that up. You admit there are violent rapists among those who come across, yet you don't want a secure border. Brilliant.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:46 PM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

“is there waste in the federal budget”?

Yes!