Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they are claiming their hate was broken and threats were made. IF that’s true, they are obviously justified, though they should have stayed inside.
If an inexperienced person is going to point a loaded firearm at another human being with their finger on the trigger you'd better have a good excuse. People banging a drum on your sidewalk isn't good enough. They should have stayed inside the protesters would have walked right by.

Quote:
every report mentions their whiteness. there is zero reason to conclude as of now, to conclude that played any role. but it’s all your side cares about in an election year.
The only mention of their whiteness I've read came from their attorney who called them "My clients, as melanin-deficient human beings."

No, I didn't make that up.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:47 AM   #32
spence

Quote:
i’ve seen multiple
reports that hey called the police. maybe check where you get your information from?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I've read both, also that the protesters called the police on them.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

The McCloskeys said they were “in fear for our lives” and that’s why they pulled the guns out.

“It was like the storming of the Bastille, the gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through,” Mark McCloskey said. “I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed.”

Mark said they called 911 and grabbed their guns as they heard the crowd approaching their private, gated community on Portland Place. However, police told News for they received no 911 calls from that street during the time of the incident.

Now watch the video, it doesn't match the timeline and look at the gate.

You know it's really lucky Mark McCloskey is a 63-year-old White man with a real AR-15, as opposed to a 12-year-old Black child playing with a toy gun in a park, otherwise the police may have shot him dead.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #34
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I have a right to my perception as do you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You should hide under your bed with your gun. The majority of your posts show how afraid you are.
clearly you have a reading comprehension problem Paul, afraid? no, I have common sense to realize what is up plain and simple.

Wait until Kevin sees the personal insults. He hates those.

Edit - I forgot you are a Moderator - another hypocrite.
what insults? an opposing view is an insult?
I suggest thicker skin

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #35
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There’s video of protestors just walking through the open gate, it doesn’t even appear to have been locked. I’m not aware of the homeowners receiving any threats prior either. They didn’t even call the police.
So apparently is spence is not aware, then it did not happen

ok

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #36
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Maybe they called police directly, not 911

It's about time people stand up for what is right and defend against those who threaten others.

Those 2 are not being charged but give the liberals enough time and they will think up some reason down the road. I don't understand how anyone can defend a mob like that.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #37
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
If an inexperienced person is going to point a loaded firearm at another human being with their finger on the trigger you'd better have a good excuse. People banging a drum on your sidewalk isn't good enough. They should have stayed inside the protesters would have walked right by.
Are you referring to the one in the mob loading a magazine in his Glock and racking the slide?

The homeowners were getting out front on the trouble to be pre-emptive of any violence against them, they were alone with no help. I say that is good enough given the circumstances. Yes their choice to go outside may not have been the best, but it was also not wrong.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

The only mention of their whiteness I've read came from their attorney who called them "My clients, as melanin-deficient human beings."

"If an inexperienced person is going to point a loaded firearm at another human being with their finger on the trigger you'd better have a good excuse'

Agreed. Trespassers threatening to kill him and his dog and threatening to burn his house, in the immediate wake of what took place there, would qualify, wouldn't it?. A police captain was murdered not long before.

The couple say that's what happened. Even Chris Cuomo, that right wing nut, conceded when interviewing the husband, that the mob broke into where they don't belong.

Let's let the process play out before we make them out to be horrible people. Tell me why that's wrong.

"The only mention of their whiteness "

You're a liar. I saw multiple reports on CNN and MSNBC that made a big deal of their skin color.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:

Yes you did. Here are links to stories that make an issue of their whiteness. You are so beyond full-of-sh*t when your side is in the wrong, aren't you? Do you actually urinate down your leg when your side is wrong, and you know it, because you know you can't admit it, Spence?

Pete says there were no race riots before Trump started tweeting, Paul tattling again, and you denying that the liberal media is making an issue of their skin color.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/3284186001/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-c...lt-threatened/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/u...rotesters.html

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...o-pointed-gun/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...couple-who-pu/

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...icia-mccloskey

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/gu...ectors-1891419

https://www.insider.com/prosecutor-i...testers-2020-6

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/29/tru...rs-with-ar-15/
Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just remember if it wasn’t for tweety they wouldn’t be coming for you, would they?
Well, he certainly is bringing us all together.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I have a right to my perception as do you

I suggest thicker skin
When you post a good % are about how liberals are sheep yet you seem like you need your guns bc you are afraid. 4 posts in a row - you're all riled up.

You don't think calling someone a Puke isn't an insult? Looks like you are the one with the comprehension problem. Post the rules again you hypocrite.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Paul tattling again, and you denying that the liberal media is making an issue of their skin color.

/[/url]

douchebag
Old 07-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #43
Sea Dangles

Nothing beats a dishonest tattletale It’s fun to watch the snowflakes melting in July
Old 07-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #44
Ian
Idiot

It is a little hard to hold this family to too high a standard in a city where they experienced what they did when Ferguson happened. Many people in that city are still scarred from the chaos that devolved during that event. After I heard the guy recall that event, I kind gained some empathy for what they may have been feeling when that group started marching by their house...

This one is complicated.

That being said, he and his wife looked like idiots standing outside with guns pointed at people... just hold the guns but stay inside...

But I'm not going to let them looking like fools take away from the legitimacy of how they probably felt... Tough one...

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Nothing beats a dishonest tattletale It’s fun to watch the snowflakes melting in July
Was that meant for me?

Weren't you the one who lied about burning fishing spots? How sleazy is that.

I wonder if my wife will pay for the gas for the boat?

Last edited by PaulS; 07-01-2020 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 02:53 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
Yes you did. Here are links to stories that make an issue of their whiteness.
I don't recall reading any of those links.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #47
spence

Quote:
Are you referring to the one in the mob loading a magazine in his Glock and racking the slide?
Sounds like a responsible CCW. Peaceful protest confronted by two people screaming at you branding weapons. One slip of the finger by Karen and he could have gone full on mad minute (well maybe 10 seconds) with that AR.

Quote:
The homeowners were getting out front on the trouble to be pre-emptive of any violence against them, they were alone with no help. I say that is good enough given the circumstances. Yes their choice to go outside may not have been the best, but it was also not wrong.
Actually they were escalating tensions and it could have ended tragically. I'm not saying I can't understand why they were concerned, but in all the videos I've seen the group (not a mob) was just chanting, drumming and walking forward aside from those filming. Nobody was advancing on their property.

And to the reason why they were there in the first place. The idiot mayor lives a block away in the same gated community.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:01 PM   #48
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
When you post a good % are about how liberals are sheep yet you seem like you need your guns bc you are afraid. 4 posts in a row - you're all riled up.

You don't think calling someone a Puke isn't an insult? Looks like you are the one with the comprehension problem. Post the rules again you hypocrite.
In THIS country, Communists are called out for what they are

not riled up at all, just catching up

Old 07-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #49
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nobody was advancing on their property.
at least not after their show of defense but add some context to it all and you may be able to have some understanding.

I saw a man in the video trying to herd others away from that home, so it looked to me that not all those trespassers were there to do harm or at least had some common sense to realize they should not egg these people on and should leave the area.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #50
wdmso

Those home owners had every right to be armed to protect their property..

But thats not what they were doing .. they were brandishing their weapons pointing them directly at protesters..in a threatening manner .. they are luckly no one else was armed they would have been justified pointing their gun back

Seeing them as acting in selfdefense are is BS its making excuses pepple do the same for police miss conduct..

Next time a Mormon or a girl scout knocks on your door... try doing what those 2 did .. and see what happens
Old 07-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #51
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Was that meant for me?

Weren't you the one who lied about burning fishing spots? How sleazy is that.

I wonder if my wife will pay for the gas for the boat?
Only if you consider yourself a snowflake or you have a tendency to tattle when folks pick on you.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
In THIS country, Communists are called out for what they are

not riled up at all, just catching up
So the liberals on this site are communists?
Old 07-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
Only if you consider yourself a snowflake or you have a tendency to tattle when folks pick on you.
But you posted it just after I posted. So who did you mean?

I haven't tattled. I think the hypocrisy from a few moderators here is stunning. I don't understand why they let you get away with your vile insults. Your talking about people's moms, dads, wives, kids is just stunning.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #54
Sea Dangles

It seems your conscience is clear, yet for some reason my commentary struck a nerve. Why would you take these comments personally if you feel they don’t apply?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
It seems your conscience is clear, yet for some reason my commentary struck a nerve. Why would you take these comments personally if you feel they don’t apply?
I think only a real scumbag would call someone a liar when it's not true. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 07-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #56
Sea Dangles

I am not sure if the tattling or the dishonesty is worse. It all adds up to being a little insecure person who wears skinny ��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-01-2020, 08:11 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
I am not sure if the tattling or the dishonesty is worse. It all adds up to being a little insecure person who wears skinny ��
I noticed you didn't answer the question. So what do you think of the type of person who would say someone else is a liar when they know it is not true? Aren't they a scumbag, incapable of being a good father, a good husband and basically a good person.

I don't wear skinny pants. I just don't wear pleated pants because I'm not a fat slob. Do you wear pleated pants still with your body type?
Old 07-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #58
Sea Dangles

French Laundry
Costco’s finest

I feel bad for you, little tale teller that you are.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #59
RickBomba

50 thousand cases today.

Wear masks, #^&#^&#^&#^&noses.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
French Laundry
Costco’s finest

I feel bad for you, little tale teller that you are.
You still aren't answering the question.

So what do you think of the type of person who would say someone else is a liar when they know it is not true? Aren't they a scumbag, incapable of being a good father, a good husband and basically a good person.