Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Putin’s puppet

If the intel is right and Trump wasn’t briefed or someone didn’t make damn sure he understood the gravity of the intel, then we have a serious problem. If the intel is right and Trump was briefed and clearly understood the gravity of the intel and did nothing, we have a serious problem. Either way if true Russia needs to be held accountable and part of that surely is not bringing them back into the G7.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F9DF86CE-D6CD-4F4A-8CED-C5980F14429B.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	67213  
Old 07-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House says the president has been briefed on the alleged Russian bounties to kill U.S. soldiers. And, they are planning to brief the Gang of Eight on the issue today. But, Tweety is calling it all a hoax.

Yeah, it’s odd the WHOLE world is conspiring against 45 with all these hoaxes and even pretending to get sick and dying just to wreck his chances of re-election. The Deep World.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Russia Bounty story is just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party. The secret source probably does not even exist, just like the story itself. If the discredited @nytimes has a source, reveal it. Just another HOAX!
7:09 AM · Jul 1, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
PaulS

Most unprepared President in our lifetime. Lazy man.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Most unprepared President in our lifetime. Lazy man.
Come on he isn’t lazy, just look at all the golf he has somehow managed to get in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F5C965C4-EC20-43E6-A569-A4CE97F929F5.jpeg
Views:	552
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	67214  
Old 07-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Sad state of affairs when the White House messaging is to confirm Trump can walk, drink and now read.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-01-2020, 08:55 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Putin’s Puppet now says he doesn’t believe our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia is paying bounties to Taliban who kill U.S. troops. Why not? Because . . . wait for it:

Because Putin TOLD him Russia isn’t doing that. Shades of Helsinki. Can this really be happening?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #7
RickBomba

Can I say something?

Why is it every time someone says the Silent Majority, all I can think of is those dumb ass bastards who couldn’t answer all the word prollems in mathy maths?
Old 07-02-2020, 07:02 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It really makes everyone, even his boot licking GOP cronies, question just what Putin has on Trump. Could be the pee tapes or it will come out with the taxes or some shady family business deal will be announced after he leaves.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

It's all connected by a common denominator

Today they arrested Ghislaine Maxwell and now we know why Colludi was at the White House yesterday, Barr couldn’t stop SDNY arrest of Ghislaine. Same reason they all got together at Lutnicks house next door to Epstein’s before his arrest.

SDNY just announced the Ghislaine Maxwell case, like the original Epstein case, is staffed by the Public Corruption Unit.

Sex trafficking cases do NOT run out of Public Corruption, unless there is some potential angle against a public official.

Two words to explain that: Alex Acosta

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

On Thursday, Trump and Putin discussed arms control.

Today, Putin announced that the Russian Navy would be armed with hypersonic nuclear strike weapons and underwater nuclear drones.

Must have been another perfect phone call.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:57 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
On Thursday, Trump and Putin discussed arms control.

Today, Putin announced that the Russian Navy would be armed with hypersonic nuclear strike weapons and underwater nuclear drones.

Must have been another perfect phone call.
"The idea that 'correlation implies causation' is an example of a questionable-cause logical fallacy."
Old 07-26-2020, 06:58 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure, Jan
Old 07-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

"It never reached my desk"..................... is not the brand of leadership our country needs.

And his call with his puppet master was about nuclear proliferation, his most significant actual actions in that area, both withdrawing from the INF Treaty and the Open Skies Treaty, have exposed us to more proliferation.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

In its thousand page report released just now, ENDORSED BY REPUBLICANS, the Senate intelligence committee offers a raft of damning evidence of the Trump campaign’s eager acceptance of help from a foreign power during the 2016 campaign.
And it’s happening again
Old 08-18-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
In its thousand page report released just now, ENDORSED BY REPUBLICANS, the Senate intelligence committee offers a raft of damning evidence of the Trump campaign’s eager acceptance of help from a foreign power during the 2016 campaign.
And it’s happening again
A few bullet points from the UK's Daily Mail on the report:

But the report does not conclude there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia

Instead Republicans and Democrats offered their own conclusions with Trump's party saying there was no collusion and Democrats arguing there was

Also takes aim at the FBI for using the Steele dossier without adequate vetting

Report also delves into reports of a 'kompromat' tape of Trump and says there is no evidence Russian intel had one

Sounds pretty much like old news.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

I'm sure this is no big deal but multi-year Senate Intel report has found that Trump's campaign manager was in constant touch with Russian intel officer, and that Roger Stone learned in advance about WikiLeaks dumps at "tasking" of Trump campaign.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
I'm sure this is no big deal but multi-year Senate Intel report has found that Trump's campaign manager was in constant touch with Russian intel officer, and that Roger Stone learned in advance about WikiLeaks dumps at "tasking" of Trump campaign.
Insufficient evidence of conspiracy. No big deal.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I know no big deal, hey Russia if your listening, I could really use some help and don't forget I'm likely going to need even more in 2020, after I completely fu*k up as I usually do.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-18-2020 at 03:28 PM..
Old 08-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The bipartisan 966-page Senate report goes where Mueller feared to tread and unearths a gold mine of compelling evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia’s government to win the American presidency illegally.

And they’re still at it.

Trump told Mueller in written answers that he recalled no conversations with Stone about WikiLeaks.

SSCI: "The Committee assesses that Trump did, in fact, speak with Stone about WikiLeaks and with members of his Campaign about Stone’s access to WikiLeaks on multiple occasions."

We have the right to expect far more of a president than merely that he not be provably a criminal.

We have the right to expect of a president what the Framers expected & the Constitution and his oath demands.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
The bipartisan 966-page Senate report goes where Mueller feared to tread and unearths a gold mine of compelling evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia’s government to win the American presidency illegally.

And they’re still at it.

Ho hum. More "compelling" evidence.

Trump told Mueller in written answers that he recalled no conversations with Stone about WikiLeaks.

Hillary established the validity of not recalling.

SSCI: "The Committee assesses that Trump did, in fact, speak with Stone about WikiLeaks and with members of his Campaign about Stone’s access to WikiLeaks on multiple occasions."

But Trump didn't recall. It's OK not to recall.

We have the right to expect far more of a president than merely that he not be provably a criminal.

Is that in Article 2?

We have the right to expect of a president what the Framers expected & the Constitution and his oath demands.
I don't recall the "right to expect." No doubt that's part of the vast residuum of rights inherent in the Constitution that the Progressives have pretty much ensured that Judges could interpret out of existence.

Good luck with your right to expect.

If we don't have the right to expect that a President should not be hampered by constant investigations ginned up by phony warrants, or that some executive agency would create those warrants along with a a "compellingly" elaborate narrative of presidential malfeasance built on fabricated evidence in order to criminally remove a President, what do we have a right to expect?
Old 08-18-2020, 04:15 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well let’s look at the chronology, he encouraged Russian interference in our election before he won, so boo hoo, maybe had he played it fair and square life would be different, ah but then he is Trump so nothing would have changed.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:57 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well let’s look at the chronology, he encouraged Russian interference in our election before he won, so boo hoo, maybe had he played it fair and square life would be different, ah but then he is Trump so nothing would have changed.
Perhaps you haven't heard, Mueller mentioned this supposed encouragement you speak of, yet he concluded there was not sufficient evidence to claim that Trump conspired with Russia. Go figure.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:22 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Perhaps you haven't heard, Mueller mentioned this supposed encouragement you speak of, yet he concluded there was not sufficient evidence to claim that Trump conspired with Russia. Go figure.
Nobody is fooled no matter how you spin it, a thousand more pages to show his campaign actively sought help from Russia, then he does it again via Ukraine, lately it’s the USPS and now he wants to meet with Putin ahead of the election, when his taxes are finally public it will all likely make sense even to you.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-18-2020 at 05:31 PM..
Old 08-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Because of encrypted transmissions and dishonest testimony...

My god.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because of encrypted transmissions and dishonest testimony...

My god.
Because of his exhaustive, expensive, investigation . . .

Do you have a god?
Old 08-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Because of his exhaustive, expensive, investigation . . .

Do you have a god?
Just restating what Mueller said, backed up by the bi-partisan Senate report.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Nobody is fooled no matter how you spin it, a thousand more pages to show his campaign actively sought help from Russia, then he does it again via Ukraine, lately it’s the USPS and now he wants to meet with Putin ahead of the election, when his taxes are finally public it will all likely make sense even to you.
Not my spin. As the Daily Mail stated: "But the report does not conclude there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia" . . . in spite of your spin.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Just restating what Mueller said, backed up by the bi-partisan Senate report.
Mueller said there was not sufficient evidence to determine that Trump conspired with Russia. And the Senate report did not conclude that he did.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Not my spin. As the Daily Mail stated: "But the report does not conclude there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia" . . . in spite of your spin.
He can’t win on his job rating, certainly not on handling this heath crisis (wait until fall not even close to over), when you trash the economy that ship sailed, I’m pretty sure it’s not on foreign relations, oh wait his empathy for American lives loss due to his incompetence opps that won’t play, man he can’t even say look at all the 2016 promises I made good on, what you have left is cheating with foreign help or his go to black and white card. You and your little band of hard core Trumpets are who he plays to, it’s as predictable as your defense of his piss poor performance, VOTE for change or live with the sh*t show that will follow.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey I heard a rumor that if elected a Trump is nominating the My Pillow Owner Lindell to head the CDC and the Covid task force.