Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-07-2020, 05:32 PM   #31
Sea Dangles

So said the scroll on CNN

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess you aren’t following the news, the only people who feel Trump and his team have handled this crisis well, oh wait for it; are Trumps base.
THE news? There's a lot of different "news." Trump did a lot more than the President is required to do. Most of the responsibility for handling the coronavirus lies in the states. And with the various medical experts.

Internationally we have WHO. That it has not covered itself in glory is an understatement.

There is China. The real and ultimate culprit.

It's a worldwide pandemic with some countries doing better or worse than others. As if it were an Olympic competition for medals.

But Trump.

Politics.

Distraction from the real issue in the coming election. It is not about Trump. Or the virus. It is about the political structure of this country. And the differing political ideologies driving what that structure will be are not hidden, not mysterious or difficult to discern. And they have been at war for a long while, way before Trump or Biden. And they are seriously coming to a head in this next election or two.

We are intentionally being distracted from the real issue by often dubious and trifling nonsense, as well as by out and out illegal fabrications in order that we don't pay attention to how we will be governed.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

It's all WHO's fault, unless of course it's China's fault, It’s the governor’s fault, otherwise it's Fauci's fault - Distract, Deny, Destroy: Trump administration gives formal notice of withdrawal from WHO
Because “I take no responsibility at all”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It's all WHO's fault, unless of course it's China's fault, It’s the governor’s fault, otherwise it's Fauci's fault - Distract, Deny, Destroy: Trump administration gives formal notice of withdrawal from WHO
Because “I take no responsibility at all”
You responding to me? I didn't say it was all WHO's fault. I didn't say it's the governor's fault. I didn't say it was Fauci's fault. I said the real and ultimate culprit is China. Everyone else, including Trump, could probably have done better (although Trump did way, way better than the media give him credit for). It's nearly always that things could have been done better in all endeavors. It usually happens in large dispersed group efforts such as those in international or national efforts that there will be mistakes or less than the best by many or most of those responsible. Large scale efforts, especially "wars" on people or against natural disasters will have many bumps along the way to victory or defeat.

And WHO was too cozy with China and too readily accepting of China's original claims. And these international agencies have become prone to various favoritisms and not as dependable as the amount of money we invest in them would merit.

But none of the initial international and even local responses and strategies could have been good given the initial CCP lies and cover-ups. The ultimate blame lies with the Chinese Communist Party. Not Trump or anyone else. Your insistence that Trump is the reason for our COVID-19 crises just seems to me to be the latest attempt, after the Russia collusion and impeachment and Ukraine quid pro quo and Stormy and Cohen and Flynn escapades all failed to somehow get rid of Trump. Truth and accuracy be damned. It's way over the top and your constant misuse of Trumps “I take no responsibility at all” is beyond tiresome.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #35
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
THE news? There's a lot of different "news." Trump did a lot more than the President is required to do. Most of the responsibility for handling the coronavirus lies in the states. And with the various medical experts.

Internationally we have WHO. That it has not covered itself in glory is an understatement.

There is China. The real and ultimate culprit.

It's a worldwide pandemic with some countries doing better or worse than others. As if it were an Olympic competition for medals.

But Trump.

Politics.

Distraction from the real issue in the coming election. It is not about Trump. Or the virus. It is about the political structure of this country. And the differing political ideologies driving what that structure will be are not hidden, not mysterious or difficult to discern. And they have been at war for a long while, way before Trump or Biden. And they are seriously coming to a head in this next election or two.

We are intentionally being distracted from the real issue by often dubious and trifling nonsense, as well as by out and out illegal fabrications in order that we don't pay attention to how we will be governed.
Only thing he did above and beyond what a President should do was put in extra rounds on the back nine in March trying to hide his head in sand traps while avoiding a once-in-a-century health epidemic.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 07-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Only thing he did above and beyond what a President should do was put in extra rounds on the back nine in March trying to hide his head in sand traps while avoiding a once-in-a-century health epidemic.
Well, there's that . . . I guess . . . But he wasn't required to provide NY, for instance, with all the stuff it should have provided itself.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

And now, in addition to leaving the WHO, the Stable Genius is claiming the CDC is wrong.
Just so much natural ability in his gut

I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!
Old 07-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
And now, in addition to leaving the WHO, the Stable Genius is claiming the CDC is wrong.
Just so much natural ability in his gut

I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!
The WHO and the CDC, like Trump, have been known to get some things wrong. Just accepting everything they want, without question, is unreasonable and unresponsible. When he meets with the CDC, they can make their case, and hopefully all will get it reasonably right.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

I’ll trust science long before I put my faith in Tweety’s natural ability.
We currently have no data on long term effects of COVID-19 infection. If they are similar to SARS, there could be long term health implications.
If I had a gut like Tweety, I could easily determine that.
Or we could just take a chance on disabling a significant portion of the population.
I’m sure the states would support them.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:07 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
I’ll trust science long before I put my faith in Tweety’s natural ability.
We currently have no data on long term effects of COVID-19 infection. If they are similar to SARS, there could be long term health implications.
If I had a gut like Tweety, I could easily determine that.
Or we could just take a chance on disabling a significant portion of the population.
I’m sure the states would support them.
No doubt Tweety and the CDC will work together for the better, your opinion notwithstanding.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #41
wdmso

canada crushed it because they have a limited supply of American Republicans

Ohio state Rep. Nino Vitale is urging his constituents not to get tested for the coronavirus,"This is what happens when people go crazy and get tested," Vitale wrote on Facebook this week. "STOP GETTING TESTED!"

guess what happened being told they are required to wear as mask