Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
basswipe

Millions will lose their insurance!

Really?Under Trumps' new plan we'll lose everything according to the liberals.

Lets revisit 2010..."You can keep your plan and your doctor" according to Obama.Most WORKING folks like myself lost our plans and our doctors and were FORCED into Obamacare and subsequently paid more and got less.Millions lost their insurance back then...FACT.

Last edited by basswipe; 03-14-2017 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
PaulS

What was Donald Trump's quote about insurance in the interview with Scott Pelley?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
What was Donald Trump's quote about insurance in the interview with Scott Pelley?
Lets revisit 2010..."You can keep your plan and your doctor" according to Obama.Most WORKING folks like myself lost our plans and our doctors and were FORCED into Obamacare and subsequently paid more and got less.Millions lost their insurance back then...FACT.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
PaulS

So with Obama you had to switch Drs. With Trump 24M will lose coverage - FACT.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said.

“There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.”

– Excerpt from Washington Post interview with Donald Trump, published yesterday, Sunday the 15th of January, 2017.

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: –the government’s gonna pay for it.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
basswipe

Quote:

“There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.”

– Excerpt from Washington Post interview with Donald Trump, published yesterday, Sunday the 15th of January, 2017.

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–

Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
let's revisit 1/16/17

Old 03-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
basswipe

Quote:
let's revisit 1/16/17

Nothing about that.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

"So with Obama you had to switch Drs. "

We were told you could keep your doctor or your plan, and we were told the average family's cost would decrease by $2500 a year. Atta boy, Columbo.

I cannot believe the GOP is thinking of implementing a plan that would take away insurance from that many. If it's true, shame on them. If it's not true, shame on the media for spreading the news.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
detbuch

QUOTE=Jim in CT;1118793]"So with Obama you had to switch Drs. "

We were told you could keep your doctor or your plan, and we were told the average family's cost would decrease by $2500 a year. Atta boy, Columbo.

I cannot believe the GOP is thinking of implementing a plan that would take away insurance from that many. If it's true, shame on them. If it's not true, shame on the media for spreading the news.[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of the Federal Government regulating health care. Americans have always had a soft heart for the down and out. Even during the depression. There were stories then of hobos traveling the trains across the country who would get handouts from folks along the way. My father-in-law did that. He didn't starve. America has always had a "safety net" through charity AND by local governments providing it. The most affordable care, and in some ways the best, has been through charity and local governments. And that has also been the greatest motivation for those, who were capable, to be motivated to get back on their feet and fend for themselves. What has happened with the Federal Government taking more and more control of charity is that it has become too expensive, a massive burden on the economy, a motivation for the entire health care industry along with the rest of the government charity bureaucracy to charge the unlimited pockets of the Federal Government in a never ending upward cycle of rising costs. And to encourage a large segment of our population to remain in the comfortable safety net rather than to struggle to get free of it. Health care has been a sort of finishing touch for making that personal trap of comfortable dependence to be possible. That massive centralized safety net has also been a factor for importing massive numbers of low wage and poorly educated "workers" in order to supposedly to do the work that American's supposedly would not do. Before the overgrown Federal safety net, Americans DID do the work. When the necessities of a comfortable life as well as some leisure amenities are provided at the same or better rate than getting them by working at the bottom of the scale, motivation for many to move out of the net dissipates. And the massive numbers of low wage immigrants will breed a high rate of future dependents.

If the goal was noble, the result has been destructive of an American spirit which was embarrassed to be on any kind of dole and would take any work to get out of it.

As for the Republican's health care bill, the only thing I like about there even being one is that the ACA will eventually be gone. And, if it passes and over time sheds itself of most of its Federal Government involvement, the American people may be forced to retrieve some lost personal responsibility for their own lives. Some call it freedom. But some think that is overrated. A nation that walks on its knees with its hands out is not great.

At any rate, after that rant, no-one will be having their insurance taken away under the bill. It removes the mandate, so will be voluntary. Those who will create the number who don't have insurance will be those who choose not to. But the bill is merely a first step, hopefully, of returning health care charity back to the people and their local and state governments. Who knows, politicians and the central bureaucracy being what they and it are, it may just get twisted by future politicians into an even more centralized behemoth. Our children will have their work cut out for them.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
you kept a doctor

would you mind providing numbers people say it all the time but never see any figures .. or before ACA and after ACA

I have employee based insurance and it goes up every year ( this year no exception) I will compare my monthly and out of pocket deductibles ..
Old 03-15-2017, 05:01 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

At any rate, after that rant, no-one will be having their insurance taken away under the bill. It removes the mandate, so will be voluntary. Those who will create the number who don't have insurance will be those who choose not to.
Ironic isn't it?

sounds like a lot of people are ready to flee Obamacare and the democrats want to build a big wall
Old 03-15-2017, 05:22 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I don't have a dog in this fight, living in mass and being one birthday away from medicare, I'll let my three boys fight this one for what they feel they need.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #13
BEETLE

Politicians are Politicians, all lyin F<cks. Trump is the biggest BS artist yet. Unreal.
Don't blame me I wrote in Mitt.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you kept a doctor

would you mind providing numbers people say it all the time but never see any figures .. or before ACA and after ACA

I have employee based insurance and it goes up every year ( this year no exception) I will compare my monthly and out of pocket deductibles ..
"you kept a doctor "

But that's not what your hero promised. He didn't say you could keep "a" doctor. He said you could keep "your" doctor...and "your" plan, and that we'd save $2500 a year.

You cannot bring yourself to admit when he has been wrong, can you?

The ACA has some some good things. It also failed miserably, at keeping many of the promises that Obama made to the skeptics.

"I have employee based insurance and it goes up every year ( this year no exception"

There's a shock, given that you are in a union. WDMSO, are you actually denying that many people saw huge increases? Just because you didn't see a big increase, that gives you reason to doubt all the others who saw huge increases?
Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #15
PaulS

Yes, Obama promised that you can keep your Dr. We know that for some that didn't happen. His comment about the $2,500 was worded badly in that he clarified that he meant to say your premium would be $2,500 less w/the ACA than w/o it.

Medical inflation (called Trend) has gone up much higher than the CPI for many years. Trend has continued to outpace inflation.

I'd rather have to find a new Dr. than lose my insurance.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes, Obama promised that you can keep your Dr. We know that for some that didn't happen. His comment about the $2,500 was worded badly in that he clarified that he meant to say your premium would be $2,500 less w/the ACA than w/o it.

Medical inflation (called Trend) has gone up much higher than the CPI for many years. Trend has continued to outpace inflation.

I'd rather have to find a new Dr. than lose my insurance.
"His comment about the $2,500 was worded badly in that he clarified that he meant to say your premium would be $2,500 less w/the ACA than w/o it. "

In trying to sell the bill, he said premiums for the typical family would decrease by $2500 a year. "Worded badly"? Is that what you said about Trump's Access Hollywood comments?

"I'd rather have to find a new Dr. than lose my insurance"

Agreed 100%.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"His comment about the $2,500 was worded badly in that he clarified that he meant to say your premium would be $2,500 less w/the ACA than w/o it. "

In trying to sell the bill, he said premiums for the typical family would decrease by $2500 a year. "Worded badly"? Is that what you said about Trump's Access Hollywood comments?

I looked it up and you are correct
Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
Nebe

Basswipe is on a redneck rampage !