Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Movies, Classics to Less than Normal

Movies, Classics to Less than Normal By request - Grab your Popcorn. New Movie forum (for those that have given up fishing this year). (No P 0rn)

Old 11-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
basswipe

Gran Torino

Watched it lastnight.Gotta say that's one of the best movies I've ever seen.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
spence

It's got to be fun to be as famous as Eastwood, wright a role around your own personality and then somehow not have it come off as total cheese...

He's brilliant like that.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Chris in Mass

Location: Recently relocated to the shores of Rhode Island - East Bay!
Watched it with the wife last weekend. She thought it was going to be just another shootemup Clint vigilante movie. She was blown away. She was talking about it the next day.
Chris in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Clint's racist manner cracks me up. good flick....
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I thought it was great also. Clint is a master.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Watching it with the wife at 1230am and some punks decided to walk across my lawn under my window heading for the cars. Told them not to take another step. They took off running. I called the the cops who I know and told them this was the second incident( First time they were smashing bottles, fences, ripping out plants etc in neighborhood). Went out dressed in black and with the cops driving around I hid in the shadows with a light. Heard some branches breaking and running footsteps coming right at me. I stepped out said stop and shined the light in the kids face. Thought he was going to have a heart attack, nearly %$%$%$%$ his pants. I held him and called my friends who grabbed him then went to the other kids houses. Then went home and finished the movie, it had gotten me all fired up.

Go Ugly Early
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Watched this last night, great flick, ey YumYum ?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

damed good! casey you're killin' me - i love it!

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
FishnGrega

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan19 View Post
Watching it with the wife at 1230am and some punks decided to walk across my lawn under my window heading for the cars. Told them not to take another step. They took off running. I called the the cops who I know and told them this was the second incident( First time they were smashing bottles, fences, ripping out plants etc in neighborhood). Went out dressed in black and with the cops driving around I hid in the shadows with a light. Heard some branches breaking and running footsteps coming right at me. I stepped out said stop and shined the light in the kids face. Thought he was going to have a heart attack, nearly %$%$%$%$ his pants. I held him and called my friends who grabbed him then went to the other kids houses. Then went home and finished the movie, it had gotten me all fired up.
That's awesome! did you give him the Cint Eastwood one eyed hand gun look!?
FishnGrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Hooligans
Hooligan

Send a message via ICQ to Hooligans
Not as good as Avatar ! :

Sorry I hada

Loved it too
Hooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #11
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan19 View Post
I had similar experience when for 3 Saturday's in a row we had stuff stolen off our porch (took a while to realize theft not forgetful kids). On the 4th Sat, I did a steak out with a BIG STICK. The arse shows up and I go chasing him and he trips, I'm yelling and waving the stick: Where's my stuff! Got 3 different neighbors dialing 911......the cops show up, take the information and let the arse go.....that night he didn't actually enter the screen porch so no B&E...still wish I had slammed that BIG STICK across his knees.....

Great movie, need more real neighbors with ATTITUDE:

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Watched it the first time and knew my Dad would like it. So we watched it the next day.

Great movie.
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote