Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
detbuch

Who checks the Fact Checkers?

We are often misled because we trust so- called fact checkers. I have, personally, found political biases in various "checkers." The bias could be deliberate, or inadvertant because of fact checker reliance on biased sources, such as The Southern Poverty Law Center (which I found distorted and even lied about an item being checked, but were used as a source to discredit it).

This is a well documented and factually presented presentation that not only shows how Face Book fact checking was misled, but also how larger political entities can control fact checking in order to discredit those who attempt to expose them. It is also timely in that it is about the spread of disinformation and suppression of important information regarding our present coronavirus epidemic. Also, it exposes how China can have a heavy influence on the WHO in terms of information which is necessary for the rest of the World and in turn how WHO then spreads that info not only to the rest of the world but also to any fact checkers who rely on it as a source.

Old 04-19-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
wdmso

the CCPV China communist Party Virus you need to get a new tinfoil hat and stay off youtube ...

and you expect people to take you serious
Old 04-19-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I only take him seriously when he breaks out the blue font, ok I can’t lie I don’t take anyone seriously on the Trump team on this board, they appear to be blank eyed zombies just spouting the party line.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the CCPV China communist Party Virus you need to get a new tinfoil hat and stay off youtube ...

and you expect people to take you serious
Obviously, I'm a very shallow unserious person.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I only take him seriously when he breaks out the blue font, ok I can’t lie I don’t take anyone seriously on the Trump team on this board, they appear to be blank eyed zombies just spouting the party line.
And yet, for some strange (serious?) reason, you need to respond and make a vacuous comment.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
And yet, for some strange (serious?) reason, you need to respond and make a vacuous comment.
The S-B intellectuals at there finest.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #7
spence

Oh look another Epoch Times video ...
Old 04-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Oh look another Epoch Times video ...
Another fine comment from an S-B intellectual. I bet you $5,000 that you can't disprove the point being made in the video.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #9
wdmso

I suggest everyone go watch After The Truth, if you want to see and hear .. what and who is promoting fake news its a bit more than a power point presentation

Only if your in a intellectual mood
Old 04-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Here are a couple of facts

The most economically, scientifically, and technologically advanced country on the planet is ranked 38th in tests per person.

Trump* had to work hard to screw up such a massive advantage. His trust in China lost months, as did his belief COVID-19 would go away, like a miracle.

World Leaders laugh at Trump*. We’ve seen it with our own eyes. They think he is a blowhard and a fool. They know he is a patsy. He makes our allies tremble and thrills our adversaries. Never has it been so easy to dupe an American President.

Just what has he been discussing with Putin in his 4 calls in the last two weeks?

Will Putin call his notes? And just what is Putin's Puppet giving him to hold the Russian wolves, who own him, at bay?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Here are a couple of facts

The most economically, scientifically, and technologically advanced country on the planet is ranked 38th in tests per person.

Trump* had to work hard to screw up such a massive advantage. His trust in China lost months, as did his belief COVID-19 would go away, like a miracle.

World Leaders laugh at Trump*. We’ve seen it with our own eyes. They think he is a blowhard and a fool. They know he is a patsy. He makes our allies tremble and thrills our adversaries. Never has it been so easy to dupe an American President.

Just what has he been discussing with Putin in his 4 calls in the last two weeks?

Will Putin call his notes? And just what is Putin's Puppet giving him to hold the Russian wolves, who own him, at bay?
Quite the accusation.
But nobody pays any attention to a blowhard nor a fool.
That’s why your desperate pleas ring hollow Bitchslappedboy.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
I suggest everyone go watch After The Truth, if you want to see and hear .. what and who is promoting fake news its a bit more than a power point presentation

Can you explain what was fake in the video that is the subject of this thread? Surely, you could do something that simple, that intellectual, if you can recommend After The Truth. Tell us the truth. What is fake, wrong, disinformation, in the video posted in this thread?
Old 04-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Quite the accusation.
That’s why your desperate pleas ring hollow Bitchslappedboy.
You're so sweet

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
And that is why nobody takes you seriously.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #15
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
And that is why nobody takes you seriously.
That is fine,they shouldn’t.
Nobody should take any garbage written in the entire forum seriously,should they?
Do you think you contribute to changing any political ideals?
Or Bitchslappedboy
Or Jim
Or Jeff
Nah, this is just a big playpen for a bunch of big babies. Get over yourself and your thoughts of setting things straight. Nobody gives a crap about other folks opinions regarding politics. Nobody
Smarten up🤡⛑

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That is fine,they shouldn’t.
Nobody should take any garbage written in the entire forum seriously,should they?
Do you think you contribute to changing any political ideals?
Or Bitchslappedboy
Or Jim
Or Jeff
Nah, this is just a big playpen for a bunch of big babies. Get over yourself and your thoughts of setting things straight. Nobody gives a crap about other folks opinions regarding politics. Nobody
Smarten up🤡⛑
You’re so sweet MR1

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:

Can you explain what was fake in the video that is the subject of this thread? Surely, you could do something that simple, that intellectual, if you can recommend After The Truth. Tell us the truth. What is fake, wrong, disinformation, in the video posted in this thread?

If you can't, and your response to the video is that I "need to get a new tinfoil hat and stay off youtube ... ", then you're a fraud. If you present yourself as someone who is promoting the truth, but you can't show why this video is not true, while implying at the same time that it is a fraud, then it is you who is a fraud.

If you can't explain what was fake in the video--YOU'RE A FRAUD.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:04 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re so sweet MR1
Always happy to indulge the liberal fools, Bitchslappedboy.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re so sweet
MR1
Old 04-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:

If you can't, and your response to the video is that I "need to get a new tinfoil hat and stay off youtube ... ", then you're a fraud. If you present yourself as someone who is promoting the truth, but you can't show why this video is not true, while implying at the same time that it is a fraud, then it is you who is a fraud.

If you can't explain what was fake in the video--YOU'RE A FRAUD.

this guy is upset because Facebook doesn't like this guy using their platform to spread BS miss information but but china ... it's not about Fact checkers from other sources , he's mad because if FB shuts him down youTube is all he has left ....

how do you ask some someone how to explain a conspiracy theory?? thats is is made up it a power point presentation that's very funny

your like the guy in the documentary I suggested you watch

He is at a news conference he set up to accuse Muller of sexual assault , while sitting looking out the window he sees a charter Bus and exclaims look George soros bused in Protesters . When a reporter behind him ask how do you know That ? he wasn't given answer... then posted it on tweeter with the caption George soros Bussed in protesters ...

but in your world it's not up to the guy who sent out the tweet to prove it was a Soros Bus...
its the other guys responsibility to prove it wasn't

And I am the fraud ...
Old 04-21-2020, 09:29 AM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
this guy is upset because Facebook doesn't like this guy using their platform to spread BS miss information ... it's not about Fact checkers from other sources , he's mad because if FB shuts him down youTube is all he has left ....

how to ask some someone how to explain a conspiracy theory?? isnt real that's very funny

your like the guy in the documentary I suggested you watch

He is at a news conference he set up to accuse Muller of sexual assault , while sitting looking out the window he sees a charter Bus and exclaims look George soros bused in Protesters . When a reporter behind him ask how do you know That ? he wasn't given answer... then posted it on tweeter with the caption George soros Bussed in protesters ...

but in your world it's not up to the guy who sent out the tweet to prove it was a Soros Bus...
its the other guys responsibility to prove it wasn't

And I am the fraud ...
You have not pointed out any lie by the "guy" in the video. You just wander around in some of your opinion and spin.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
You have not pointed out any lie by the "guy" in the video. You just wander around in some of your opinion and spin.
The Epoch Times Chinese Americans own it

it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.

The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.

opinion and spin. thats all the guy did in your your video . But thats fine because you believe it ... and if it was such profound reporting . why is it only on youtube ??

your sources have some of the worse credentials and lets not go down the Bias road
Old 04-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #23
detbuch

Quote:

it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.

The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.

opinion and spin. thats all the guy did in your your video . But thats fine because you believe it ... and if it was such profound reporting . why is it only on youtube ??

your sources have some of the worse credentials and lets not go down the Bias road
You still have not pointed out any lie that the "guy" told. He pointed out factual data which you could attempt to dispute, which you have not done. You keep reverting to the kill the messenger tactic rather than debunking the message.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:

On its face, this remark is merely and conspicuously irrelevant. But there must be for you some important, essential, significance in Chinese Americans owning a news agency since you begin your post with it. And, I'm presuming, since you consider The Epoch Times biased, lacking in appropriate "credentials," and conspiratorial, that the significance would be something in the nature of Chinese Americans not being trustworthy, otherwise what's your point? Under the revised, Progressive, definition of racism, your comment is not merely irrelevant, it is racist.

it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe;

And the N.Y. Times is known for its support of Democrats, and favorable coverage of far-left politicians in Europe, and for being rabidly anti-Trump. And the Washington Post is not much less so. And CNN is, if possible, even more rabidly more leftist biased when it comes to Trump. And don't even mention MSNBC which is off the charts Dumbo. Does this make them better than Epoch Times"?

a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.

If true, that's perfectly legitimate. There have been consistent reports that show that 90% or more of journalists for left wing media such as the N.Y. Times, the WAPost, NBC, CNN, ABC, Public Broadcasting, etc., support and contribute to the Democrats.

I don't subscribe to those "conspiracy theories," nor have I posted any such. But the "group" has some excellent YouTube videos, as well as a widely subscribed to and worldwide distributed newspaper which has excellent articles which are well researched, accurate, and compare well to our left wing news sites, especially in having been far more accurate and correct in analyzing the Trump/Russia conspiracy, impeachment, Communist China affairs, and ahead of the rest on informing about the CCP and its coverup of its spread of covid-19.

It is those videos that I post, and which you never have been able to refute. You always have depended on the kill-the-messenger tactic to try to discredit them.

And our mainstream media all have some weird sites and talking head personalities who have consistently been wrong about all the above and more. And CNN and NYT, as well as others to a bit lesser degree, have basically supported what amounts to a conspiracy theory in the way they covered the whole Trump/Russia hoax from beginning to end.

His presentation is factual, precise, and on the mark. And you can't refute it.

The Bias Road is a massive highway that all media and most people travel on. And makers of "credentials" as well as "fact checkers" travel its side-streets as well. So, for me, the message, insofar as I personally can believe it, is far, far, more important than the messenger, or any press pass, certificates, or various fruit salad baubles on his vest. Not to discount them. But to not let them alone convince me. The message is what counts.

And when you consistently discount it, not on its words and ideas, but simply on who delivers it, and you cannot when asked to point out how it is wrong, then you're a fraud.

Or maybe that's giving you too much credit. Fraudulence is usually intentional. Maybe you're just satisfied to be ignorant of any thing that is not mouthed by your comfort sources.