Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #91
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
That would make an interesting study, the correlation between opinions about citizens and political affiliations/tendencies.
it would only make an interesting study if you stereotype.
Im a conservative who is not religious, believes in gay marriage, pro-life and that 99% of drugs should be legalized. Put me in the margin of error of your study. As someone who tries to be a thoughtful member of society, most people I run into suck.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #92
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
There you go assuming again. There is nothing to show that Zimmerman went after Martin initially, just speculation
Speculation? Zimmerman said he followed him on the call to the police, and later in his report to police. Trayvon said he was being followed on the call to his girlfriend. That isn't speculation. This is friggin ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Quote:
But, if I am going after a "punk kid in a hoodie" (not sure where you come off calling him that)
Most kids that get suspended from school for 10 days are "punk kids"

Doesn't mean he should have been killed but lets face it, he was no model kid
Kids get suspended from school all the time. I am sure if you took a poll of this site, you would find plenty of suspensions on here. He was suspended for possession of marijuana. "most kids who get suspened are punks?" Scary stuff creeping out of the woodwork on here.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #93
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I did a lot of crap in HS but if I got suspended my dad would have broken every bone in my body.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #94
Piscator

Quote:
Kids get suspended from school all the time. I am sure if you took a poll of this site, you would find plenty of suspensions on here. He was suspended for possession of marijuana. "most kids who get suspened are punks?" Scary stuff creeping out of the woodwork on here.
I never got suspended.

Most kids that get suspended are punks. Hopefully they learn from it and become responsible adults. Nothing scary at all about that statement at all.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #95
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
most people I run into suck.
That's too bad. Most I come in contact with are good, hard working people. Even the ones I disagree with on political matters are usually ok people.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Speculation? Zimmerman said he followed him on the call to the police, and later in his report to police. Trayvon said he was being followed on the call to his girlfriend. That isn't speculation. This is friggin ridiculous.

Zimmy, we know Zimmerman (hey, we should start calling him Zimmy, too) was following Trayvon. We don't know how the altercation started, or how it progressed. Given that the right to self-defense depends entirely upon the details of the altercation, I'd say none of us are in any position to assume anything about whether or not Zimmerman was justified in fearing for his life.

And I believe Trayvon was suspended on 3 occasions. I'm no high school guidance counselor, but I'd bet every cent I have that less than 10% of high school students ever get suspended. And the % that get suspended more than once has to be very, very low.

That's not relevent to Zimmerman's guilt. It's very relevent in analyzng the disgusting media bias in this case.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #97
fishbones

Quote:
It's ridiculous that you can conclude that Zimmerman attacked Martin just because he was following him. That's quite the leap there. Is it at all possible that Martin turned around and went after Zimmerman? You'd make one hell of a detective with you're reasoning.

And yes, in my opinion he's a punk. He was suspended from school 3times for having a pot pipe and residue, grafitti (when they searched his locker they found burglary tools and a bag of jewelry), and truancy. Oh, and if you can find transcrips from his twitter account before his parents deleted it, you'd see someone different than the poor little kid with the bag of Skittles.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #98
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

google his tweets Zimbo

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #99
zimmy

Quote:
But, if I am going after a "punk kid in a hoodie" (not sure where you come off calling him that) with my 9mm on me, I better not be the kind of person who poops themselves if the kid comes back at me. That points to one of the cardinal rules of gun ownership.
Quote:
There you go assuming again. There is nothing to show that Zimmerman went after Martin initially, just speculation
Quote:
It's ridiculous that you can conclude that Zimmerman attacked Martin just because he was following him.
So I say he went after him, which he did. You say there was nothing to show that he went after him initially. Then you say I conclude he attacked him because he was following him? I never concluded that he attacked him. I said if you are armed and going to go after (ie follow) someone and you have a weapon, you better not be the pant crapping type. I''m not sure if you are intentionally twisting it or not.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #100
fishbones

Quote:
So I say he went after him, which he did. You say there was nothing to show that he went after him initially. Then you say I conclude he attacked him because he was following him? I never concluded that he attacked him. I said if you are armed and going to go after (ie follow) someone and you have a weapon, you better not be the pant crapping type. I''m not sure if you are intentionally twisting it or not.
Ok, so I thought you meant "went after" as in atacking or jumping, or whatever. I didn't think you meant "following". In any case, neither you nor I were there to know what really happened. Martin is a punk and Zimmerman has an itchy trigger finger.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #101
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
google his tweets Zimbo
I just tweeted that you touch goats in sacrilegious ways.
Just now.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #102
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
I just tweeted that you touch goats in sacrilegious ways.
Just now.
I thought that was directed at me for a second. We've got three. Goats that is... no sacrilege though. We don't even milk em.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goats.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	51487  

Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Zimmerman referred to Martin as a spook on the call.
That was widely reported at first. Enhanced audio, some of which was released today, suggests that is 100% untrue. I hope Zimmerman sues somebody for 100 zillion dollars...I can't recall anyone getting a more unfair deal. He may well have committed a felony, but the press has done him a horrific injustice.

And if the same thing happens next week, Al Sharpton will still be there, giving the same tired old speech. And no one will question him to his fat, disgusting, face.

I have good news and bad news for the Al Sharptons of the world. The good news is this...there is no widespread, institutional racism anymore, it doesn't exist. We have a black president. The battle for civil rights is over, and the good gyus won.

The bad news is, you (and all the other racial hucksters) need to find another soap box to preach upon.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #104
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

OK, this thread has run its course. If anything of substance comes along, maybe we can have a new thread. But this has been a circular argument.

I wish peace to Trayvon's family and hope they can find some closure. I hope the systems does what is is supposed to do, and make the appropriate call.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: