Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are records and there is process. Even without perfect records you can learn and verify a lot through process.

Big point is that no refugee can even say they want to go to the US. The UN has to nominate them for resettlement, the refugee has no idea where they are going.
What records exist in these tent camps and mountaintop villages, exactly?

"the refugee has no idea where they are going."

So it's not possible ISIS would put a few dozen terrorists in line, in the hopes that any of them end up, or can make their way to, nations that are prime targets.

Forgive me if I consider you 'big point' to be worthless.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM   #92
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
What records exist in these tent camps and mountaintop villages, exactly?

"the refugee has no idea where they are going."

So it's not possible ISIS would put a few dozen terrorists in line, in the hopes that any of them end up, or can make their way to, nations that are prime targets.

Forgive me if I consider you 'big point' to be worthless.
I think the majority of refugees are actually from the cities.

Risking an asset that has a minuscule chance of making it to the US doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's also why the recent attacks in the EU have all been by fighters who were able to return to their country of citizenship.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think the majority of refugees are actually from the cities.

Risking an asset that has a minuscule chance of making it to the US doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's also why the recent attacks in the EU have all been by fighters who were able to return to their country of citizenship.
"I think the majority of refugees are actually from the cities."

Funny how your "thoughts" support The Narrative with 100% consistency. How do you know? Please support that.

And how do we verify that someone is who he says he is?

Only you would say that investigating a US citizen is harder than vetting people from places that still live in the 9th century.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Gowdy looked like a fool at that hearing

What does a fool look like? He looked like a prosecutor asking pertinent questions of a hostile witness. She looked and responded like a typical hostile witness. She obfuscated. Misdirected. Deceitfully parsed words. Was sarcastic, haughty, condescending. Filibustered the time allotted for questioning. She looked harsh and vindictive, a shrew-like performance, typical of her and obvious to any honest viewer. It was an expected performance. It was expected she would not honestly answer. And that was obviously on display.

The GOP reports on the talking points cleared State of any wrong doing...read more Jim.
State (Hilary) was wrong about the video. State was wrong about the danger to the Benghazi Mission. State was wrong about Al Qaeda being defeated, insignificant. State was wrong about who to trust. As the investigation newly pointed out, it was Qadaffi loyalists (those that the administration and HRC removed from power) who helped to rescue the others at the Mission, not the Libyan administration forces that we helped to replace Qadaffi and on whom we depended. State was wrong about not adequately protecting the Mission. State, the administration, Hilary, were wrong about not wanting to appear that we were bullying or controlling the Libyan government, so not sufficiently arming the Mission. And, therefor, about not making it look like we were invading Libya by sending military to rescue our people in the mission, debating for three hours, as the attack was occurring, and as the investigation newly points out, whether or not to deploy our forces in military uniform or civilian clothes. We were wrong not to even deploy a rescue mission.

Hilary was Secretary of State. She and State were supposedly cleared of any wrong doing. Progressives have conveniently changed the meanings of several words to suit their agenda. I guess we can throw the word "wrong" into the mix.

This is one of the many similar "achievements" in Hilary's resume that make her a strong candidate for POTUS.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #95
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
State (Hilary) was wrong about the video. State was wrong about the danger to the Benghazi Mission. State was wrong about Al Qaeda being defeated, insignificant. State was wrong about who to trust. As the investigation newly pointed out, it was Qadaffi loyalists (those that the administration and HRC removed from power) who helped to rescue the others at the Mission, not the Libyan administration forces that we helped to replace Qadaffi and on whom we depended. State was wrong about not adequately protecting the Mission. State, the administration, Hilary, were wrong about not wanting to appear that we were bullying or controlling the Libyan government, so not sufficiently arming the Mission. And, therefor, about not making it look like we were invading Libya by sending military to rescue our people in the mission, debating for three hours, as the attack was occurring, and as the investigation newly points out, whether or not to deploy our forces in military uniform or civilian clothes. We were wrong not to even deploy a rescue mission.

Hilary was Secretary of State. She and State were supposedly cleared of any wrong doing. Progressives have conveniently changed the meanings of several words to suit their agenda. I guess we can throw the word "wrong" into the mix.

This is one of the many similar "achievements" in Hilary's resume that make her a strong candidate for POTUS.
I love it, so 7 million dollars later and we've uncovered that there were frequent changes of clothing and people who should have hated us actually liked us.

Other than that nothing changes. What a bombshell
Old 07-02-2016, 01:47 PM   #96
detbuch

(
Quote:
I love it, so 7 million dollars later and we've uncovered that there were frequent changes of clothing and people who should have hated us actually liked us.

Other than that nothing changes. What a bombshell
Maybe you're responding to the wrong post? My post was not about getting into the weeds about what was "new" in the Gowdy investigation (though there was more "new" than you suggest). There was, also, greater amplification and clarification of the "old news." But, then, you like to beat the old dead horse of "old news" and "nothing new," and "millions spent" mantra. That's the immediate, predictable, evasive spin you and the administration put on these things, as well as it's "time to move on." Your nothing new mantra has been beaten to death. It is tiresome and not only evasive spin, but actually ignorant. And seven million is like about zero compared to what progressives waste on their pet wants and needs.

I was responding mostly, and especially, to your not convicted of or cleared of any "wrongdoing"--another of your dead horse mantras that slyly seems to make a distinction between doing wrong and wrong doing.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #97
spence

Quote:
I was responding mostly, and especially, to your not convicted of or cleared of any "wrongdoing"--another of your dead horse mantras that slyly seems to make a distinction between doing wrong and wrong doing.
That specific remark was about the video which numerous previous GOP led investigations certainly did refute the argument that the administration improperly blamed the attack on the video versus terrorism.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
That specific remark was about the video which numerous previous GOP led investigations certainly did refute the argument that the administration improperly blamed the attack on the video versus terrorism.
You've used the remark about other things including the whole array of Benghazi hearings and investigations. Your remark is tiresome and, at the least and most generous, "improper." And it is certainly improper to say that the argument that the administration wrongly blamed the video was refuted. "[I]mproperly" blaming the video was wrong. It was doing something wrong. I think that would actually be "wrongdoing."

Last edited by detbuch; 07-03-2016 at 09:05 AM..
Old 07-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #99
spence

Quote:
You've used the remark about other things including the whole array of Benghazi hearings and investigations. Your remark is tiresome and, at the least and most generous, "improper." And it is certainly improper to say that the argument that the administration wrongly blamed the video was refuted. "[I]mproperly" blaming the video was wrong. It was doing something wrong. I think that would actually be "wrongdoing."
Ok, I'll substitute "refuted" with "vindicated."
Old 07-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Ok, I'll substitute "refuted" with "vindicated."
That would be proper. The ARGUMENT that the administration wrongly blamed the video was vindicated. The ARGUMENT was correct. The administration did wrongly blame the video.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-04-2016 at 09:27 PM..
Old 07-05-2016, 07:04 AM   #101
buckman

Quote:
That would be proper. The ARGUMENT that the administration wrongly blamed the video was vindicated. The ARGUMENT was correct. The administration did wrongly blame the video.
True and yet the defense for this is incompetence . A defense of this administrations mistakes and mishandlings that has become the norm
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #102
spence

Quote:
As directed by the CIA. Even Gen Paetreus's own testimony is that we still don't know exactly the role it played...
Old 07-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
As directed by the CIA. Even Gen Paetreus's own testimony is that we still don't know exactly the role it played...
If we don't know what role it played, how can the administration say that it caused the attack.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #104
fishbones

Here for 2 months and arrested for assaulting a 13 year old girl.

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnew...ult-girl-13-at
Old 07-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #105
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Here for 2 months and arrested for assaulting a 13 year old girl.

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnew...ult-girl-13-at
I saw that also
disgusting

I don't see these people assimilating very well when our cultures are so different. It's a problem, a huge problem.

There should be zero tolerance, conform or leave

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #106
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I saw that also
disgusting

I don't see these people assimilating very well when our cultures are so different. It's a problem, a huge problem.

There should be zero tolerance, conform or leave
But these are the people Spence wants us to welcome with open arms.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #107
Slipknot
Super Moderator

he is turning his life around and needs to be taught good vs evil
there are creeps everywhere

I'm sure the humanitarians will step in and change his ways

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.