Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
angler229

Plugs taking revenge

I don't know what's been up lately but the plugs have been striking back. About a week ago i had a canal special slip and shoot off on the beltsander putting my finger in its place, a second later i was missing half a fingernail some skin and blood. Then today I managed to put a piece of through-wire through my finger, leaving two wonderful holes and blood shooting everywhere. No real damage done in either case but not fun and painful. So, take it from me be careful with everything you're doing as even things that seem simple and harmless can get you.
angler229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Man have I been there... Be careful... I did the through wire thing. through two fingers and just stopped... It took a second to register but when I looked again it was still the same result.. pulled it out like a hook with no barb and grabbed the crazy glue.... lol

Not sure if I will make plugfest but hope I catch you sunday at the mass show again,,,
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Sounds like a normal week at work for me. Dan. Bet the sanding incident hurt worse grinding wheels are even more painful and remove more. Clean them up good and get back at it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
vineyardblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler229 View Post
I don't know what's been up lately but the plugs have been striking back. About a week ago i had a canal special slip and shoot off on the beltsander putting my finger in its place, a second later i was missing half a fingernail some skin and blood. Then today I managed to put a piece of through-wire through my finger, leaving two wonderful holes and blood shooting everywhere. No real damage done in either case but not fun and painful. So, take it from me be careful with everything you're doing as even things that seem simple and harmless can get you.

I will take credit when I started calling you danger Dan
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
tysdad115

Thats got to be some of my bad mojo I left over there Dan...it happens when I visit places , like a damn poltergeist .
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Had a piece of AYC explode on the lathe the other day. Wicked black and blue right in the middle of my chest.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
iamskippy

OSHA need not read this post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
Mojo7
Mojo

I had a piece of AYC come flying out of my lathe a few weeks back and hit me in my safety glasses and forehead. It happened so fast I didn't even know what hit me. Luckily the glasses bore the brunt of the hit. I now wear a full face shield.
Mojo7 is offline   Reply With Quote