Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #331
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there was no plot or thought to overturn the election, they were a bunch of anarchist cry babies who didn’t get the result they wanted, so they rioted. surprised you don’t recognize ice that tactic, it’s what your side does regularly, his might have been the first time in my lifetime tnat it was fine by republicans.

it was a riot, a pretty low-key riot compared to what lefties did all summer, in terms of carnage and property damage. lefties actually managed to secede from the nation for a short while, creating the short lived nation of Chaz.

i’m old enough to remember when liberals stormed the state capital
in Wisconsin because they didn’t like that scott walker was going to take political power away from labor unions. january 6 was a lot like that.

also, the one casualty that day was a woman shot to death who was completely unarmed, 5’2” tall, got no warning, shot to death for the crime of trespassing. and no one cares, because she was white, conservative, not a violent felon scumbag. if she was a non white violent felon scumbag, the left would
make her a martyr. because whe was white and conservative, the left says she got exactly what was coming to her. But Michael Brown was an innocent victim, <sniff> I’m tearing up at the thought.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Omg do you believe what you posted
Old 09-06-2021, 05:51 PM   #332
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He is completely delusional.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #333
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He is stuck spinning out of control.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #334
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
when liberals lob baseless insults, it means i’ve won.
Don’t worry — the first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #335
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
vague insults, no substance.

would you mind telling me what i said, which was way off base please?
Old 09-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #336
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He is completely delusional.
from the guy who isn’t a liberal, yet agrees with liberalism 100 % of the time.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #337
Pete F.
Canceled

Almost 25% of daily US COVID deaths are in Florida. This wave is striking because it is pretty hard to go above pre-vaccination waves. It's almost double.

Thankfully has not happened in any other state. In fact, very few countries have had this happen either.
Run by a Stable Genius, maybe that’s why they’re using horse wormer
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #338
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He is stuck spinning out of control.
more baseless insults. and you are dodging my question, which die hard liberal states are thriving in a way that we can, and should in your opinion, expand hpon?

you can’t answer, but won’t concede that not being able to
answer,, kind of means i have a point.

what does it say about the flimsiness of your beliefs, that you are stopped completely in your tracks by such a childlike, simple question.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #339
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
vague insults, no substance.

would you mind telling me what i said, which was way off base please?
The most successful psychological operation (psyops) ever conducted against the entirety of a nation continues amongst the Fox Entertainment viewing audience. Quite amazing. Very costly. Bad for America.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #340
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The most successful psychological operation (psyops) ever conducted against the entirety of a nation continues amongst the Fox Entertainment viewing audience. Quite amazing. Very costly. Bad for America.
whatever.

can you tell me what i said, which was way off base? that seems like
an impossible question for you all to answer. gee i wonder why that is?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #341
Pete F.
Canceled

Do you honestly believe what you’re fed by the Murdochs?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:02 PM   #342
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you honestly believe what you’re fed by the Murdochs?
for the fourth time, can you please just tell me hat i said, which is way off?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #343
Jim in CT

Quote:
Almost 25% of daily US COVID deaths are in Florida. This wave is striking because it is pretty hard to go above pre-vaccination waves. It's almost double.

Thankfully has not happened in any other state. In fact, very few countries have had this happen either.
Run by a Stable Genius, maybe that’s why they’re using horse wormer
inception to date, florida’s death rate is in the middle of the pack. which isn’t immediately impressive, until
you consider they have a huge number of seniors, their businesses have been open, their kids have been in schools. And their death rate is lower then NY, NJ, CT.

that’s called “winning.”

when it’s over, if florida’s overall death rate ( which is by far the most important stat) is way above average, i’ll be the first to say Desantis failed and that he should t be potus.

we sure arent there yet, people, including tons of liberals, are moving g there in massive numbers. Can you tell me why? if they just want warmth, why not move to southern CA, which is also warm and has politics they’d like?

none of guys liberal pals will try to answer. will you?
Old 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #344
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim
Florida is third in COVID deaths per 100K
You could ask yourself if the rest of your statements are based on similar disinformation.
But you won’t
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #345
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2018, Ron DeSantis won by: 32,000

Currently, Florida's COVID deaths: 46,000

Hmmmm
Old 09-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #346
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim
You could ask yourself if the rest of your statements are based on similar disinformation.
But you won’t
as of september 6, 2021, florida’s inception to date death rate is 16h, behind NJ, NY, MA, CT, RI. FL is moving up to be sure. but 16th ain’t third. and look at the states in the top 10…

NY has a higher death rate, yet their governor was labeled the “gold standard” by Biden, and hollywood gave him an emmy. and you’d vote for him in a second, if he ran for potus. and you guys were all weak in the knees telling us how awesome he is.

And again, Florida’s kids didn’t miss 18 months of school. They’ll be writing papers about the impact of 18 lost months of schooling in blue states, for 50 years.

By what standard would
anyone give higher marks to NY, NJ, MA, CT, or RI than FL?

We also know that NY was cooking the books, to fool people
like you into wearing “I love Cuomo” t shirts.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-06-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 08:43 PM   #347
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim
But you won’t
please show us data that shows that Florida’s death rate is third in the US.

I provided a link showing that inception to date ( which is what matters), their death rate is 16th. please share your data with us.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-06-2021 at 08:54 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #348
Pete F.
Canceled

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
Old 09-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #349
Pete F.
Canceled

'We are a warning for everyone else': Florida epidemiologists advise other states to learn from DeSantis' COVID bungling
Old 09-06-2021, 09:53 PM   #350
Pete F.
Canceled

Ron DeSantis’s poll numbers are now down 14%.

This is what happens when you govern like an authoritarian.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:57 PM   #351
Pete F.
Canceled

You do need to remember that this is a world where 74 million people voted to re-elect Donald J Trump. These are the same people that think DeSantis is a good leader.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:44 AM   #352
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
for the fourth time, can you please just tell me hat i said, which is way off?
Jim I’m worried that with all that spinning you might pass out and hit your head, do you have some nuclear family members around to help? Off to go fishing, maybe you should to.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:55 AM   #353
scottw

Quote:

...so you want him to be less of an authoritarian and impose and mandate things for others that they may not necessarily want to do?
Old 09-07-2021, 05:02 AM   #354
Jim in CT

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
your data is for the last 7 days. mine was from the beginning. is there some reason why last week matters more than the whole history?

Destroyed.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:03 AM   #355
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim I’m worried that with all that spinning you might pass out and hit your head, do you have some nuclear family members around to help? Off to go fishing, maybe you should to.
you keep saying i’m full of this, and spinning that, but i asked four times, and you can’t name a single specific thing i said which was wrong?

but i’m the one being dishonest for political purposes. Gotcha.

GS: Jim you’re engaging in spin.

Jim: what did i sY that was wrong?

GS: i have to go fishing.

cowardly dodge. classic liberal, when the facts are t on your side, lob an insult and run away.

i was fishing with kids all
day yesterday. working today say.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-07-2021 at 05:14 AM..
Old 09-07-2021, 05:17 AM   #356
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ron DeSantis’s poll numbers are now down 14%.

so desantis’ latest poll matters, but biden’s recent polling doesn’t matter? can you explain that?

as i said, FLs numbers are rising, and if they continue to do so, Desantis deserves to be held accountable, and he deserves to be voted out and to never be potus. so that not fair for me to say?

but what matters is his while record, not cherry picking one week, which is what you did.

i think it’s wrong for him to bash masks the way he does. i don’t like everything about him.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #357
Pete F.
Canceled

Just click on all time

TOTAL
CASES PER
100,000 TOTAL
DEATHS PER
100,000 FULLY
VACCINATED
United States 40,081,326 12,080 cases trajectory all time 648,779 196 deaths trajectory all time 53%
North Dakota › 119,724 15,711 cases trajectory all time 1,596 209 deaths trajectory all time 42%
Rhode Island › 163,742 15,457 cases trajectory all time 2,773 262 deaths trajectory all time 65%
Florida › 3,308,916 15,406 cases trajectory all time 46,324 216 deaths trajectory all time 54%

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #358
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #359
Pete F.
Canceled

And now, the latest Biden report from the Conventional News Network...

It's been a rough summer for the president folks because...

--Job growth slowing slightly (although yes, Biden has created more jobs in his first six months than any president in history)
--COVID spiking (although yes, the admin performed a miracle getting the vaccine out & the GOP has systematically undermine admin efforts to save lives)
--Afghanistan exit chat (although yes, the president ended a futile 20 year war and the administration managed to evacuate 125,000 people so far in one of the biggest humanitarian airlifts every and ending wars is chaotic by nature)
--Infrastructure plans face opposition (although yes, that's the way Congress works, the infrastructure bill represents a bipartisan breakthrough and much of the opposition is posturing)
--Fires, floods and storms! (although yes, Biden has put together an aggressive plan to combat the climate crisis, undone the huge damage done by his predecessor, gotten the US back into the Paris Accords, and made this a priority in the way no prior president has)
--Biden draws on his own personal experience while expressing compassion (although yes, the previous president was a sociopath and the story that being a genuine human made people uncomfortable was a cynical political spin job by the opposition...like much of the above)
Record economic growth, record job creation, record appointments to the court, the most diverse administration in history, massive effort to undo the damage done by predecessors, ushering in a new future oriented foreign policy and ending the disastrous post 9/11 era...
..restoring compassion, competence, a respect for the rule of law and a commitment to governance...although yes, we get it, he's not perfect, not every goal is achieved, sometime his opponents succeed in blocking him, sometimes mistakes are made...
...but he's actually having a great year. But let's be honest, a slight dip in public opinion polls is inevitable when there's so much misinformation and false bothsidesism in media coverage and what's really important--support for his core policies remains high and bi-partisan.
Oh..and one more thing..the opposition does not offer any kind of credible alternative policies, focus on obstruction, remain loyal to the most corrupt, incompetent, malevolent demagogue in US history, are systematically carving away the rights of American women and voters...
...and are conducting an assault on democracy in the United States that may yet succeed. Biden is hugely successful if imperfect and much remains to be done. His opponents represent a threat to everything we have cherished about America's values and our institutions.
But sure...let's go with that old conventional wisdom, that easy if entirely inaccurate set of takes that are so popular these days. Who cares if it makes terrible outcomes in our country's future more likely? Who cares if it is deeply misleading?
(p.s. This is not directed at any one media organization. There are many great journalists at work at almost all of the ones you'd watch or read. If you don't watch Fox or OANN. But among them, there are others who are helping to create the problem flagged here.)

David Rothkopf

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #360
Jim in CT

Quote:

i went to your NY times link, looked at deaths all time, FL was 216 per 100k, NY is 278, which is 29% higher. CT is 235 per 100k, MA s 265 per 100k.

According to your link, FL has a better death rate than NY, CT, MA. And florida’s businesses didn’t shut down like we did, Florida’s kids didn’t miss nearly as much school.

That’s called “winning.”

you’re either lying or cherry picking. or maybe too stupid to figure out your own link.

florida’s inception to date death rate, isn’t in the top 10. i know that drives you crazy, but facts don’t care if they make you crazy. they’re still facts.

Desantis is taking big chances in my book. But as of now. he is winning. that may well change, and if it does, i’ll immediately acknowledge he blew it. unlike you, i don’t have a problem criticizing those in my side when they deserve it.

But as of right now, Desantis gets higher marks than Cuomo who was hailed as a hero.

case counts don’t matter. deaths matter. who cares if someone gets covid but has no symptoms?

no sane person would
rather live in a state with lower case coubts, higher death rates, and which is quick to shut down schools
and businesses. not if they could choose a state with higher cases, lower death rates, where businesses are open and kids are learning.

You. Lose.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-07-2021 at 09:08 AM..