Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 10-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #1
bassballer

And thats a wrap...

Earliest ive ever pulled the boat. With this weather coming in this weekend and my Marina shutting off the water and power I decided to call it quits. Overall good season with a lot of time spent on the water considering a 16 month old running around. Put some quality fish on the deck, but really got to spend a lot of time on the water with the fam, which I didn't appreciate as much until now. Had the little guy over to block island for a handful of weekend sleepovers and he loved it.

Now Ill be hoeing trips for the rest of the season and hitting the surf a couple times. Now to prepare for boat maintenance bills.
bassballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
paradoxjim

Managed to stretch last years shrink wrap back on last Saturday with my son. We certainly didn't loose out on any fishing time with the weather last weekend, and this weekend could be worse. Happy to have it wrapped up and I've already moved on to winter home projects.
paradoxjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I hauled out on the noon high tide. Brought it around the corner in 17 kt NW and cold rain... My season never really got off the ground. Was hoping for a solid fall, but weather did not cooperate.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Put the boat back in Westport on Monday. Sporty ride down from Scituate with cold toes. Came around the corner to see flocks of birds with nothing but bass under them. Tautog for 3 more weeks if you can get out Ross.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
Clammer

IF ya can out

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Trips to BI with the wife and kid,,, better than fishin, IMO good for u...

Early year here for me as well,,, winter parts be here Friday, get here wrapped next week,, nightly night....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #7
Poncho

I’m never pulling my boat early again I took it out at the end of September and trailered down to cape. Only got out once and got the chit kicked out of me. Meanwhile RI weather was more stable and I missed out on three good weekends. Lesson learned Should have left it in the water and only haul out when weather is right. Lesson learned. Boat is in my driveway now two hours away from the ocean. I did sit in it the other day though and had a drink with the wife.
Poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
MakoMike

Next Tuesday I'll be pulling all the rods and reels as wells the electronics off the boat. She'll come out right after that.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Put the boat back in Westport on Monday. Sporty ride down from Scituate with cold toes. Came around the corner to see flocks of birds with nothing but bass under them. Tautog for 3 more weeks if you can get out Ross.
Will definitely look at forecasts and schedule...….thank you

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #10
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxjim View Post
Managed to stretch last years shrink wrap back on last Saturday with my son. We certainly didn't loose out on any fishing time with the weather last weekend, and this weekend could be worse. Happy to have it wrapped up and I've already moved on to winter home projects.
I've been using the same shrink wrap cover for 15 years...I just apply a little shrink tape over the bad spots...
Ross...it's been a long time since we've had a fall run worth the aggravation that comes with a late haul...I'm happy to pull the boat rhe 15th as required by the marina and winterized and covered asap..this year just backs that up..
It was an outstanding summer but as soon as the days begin to shorten it all went south (no.pun intended)..A few decades back in bass fished into November. ..it's hardly worth it anymore.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
ivanputski
Pete K.

I was going to ask who has successfully re-used their shrink wrap?
I have a 19' center console, and every year I have it re wrapped
and its usually in the 200$ range +/-

I guess I just dont want it flapping in the wind all winter, as I store my boat 2 hours away with renters in the house
ivanputski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
Clammer

Question …...wtf do you guys even shrink wrap ……. the Indians , Pilgrims, settlers, commercial fisherman with boats of all sizes to my knowledge never have & probably never will ><> we have this same thread every year ><><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:16 AM   #13
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
Question …...wtf do you guys even shrink wrap ……. the Indians , Pilgrims, settlers, commercial fisherman with boats of all sizes to my knowledge never have & probably never will ><> we have this same thread every year ><><>
Simple...I hate cleaning pine needles out of my boat...it's less effort to slip on a cover than clean up a mess..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:43 AM   #14
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
I've been using the same shrink wrap cover for 15 years...I just apply a little shrink tape over the bad spots...
Ross...it's been a long time since we've had a fall run worth the aggravation that comes with a late haul...I'm happy to pull the boat rhe 15th as required by the marina and winterized and covered asap..this year just backs that up..
It was an outstanding summer but as soon as the days begin to shorten it all went south (no.pun intended)..A few decades back in bass fished into November. ..it's hardly worth it anymore.
So true Joe. Years ago we use to fish Watch Hill until Thanksgiving and get tons of fish. One year Bryan Oakley, Spencer and I fish the Block the day after Thanksgiving and go decent fish...not schoolies. No sure that happens anymore. 2 years ago I fished The Block in Mid Nov and got a few small fish.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #15
MakoMike

I pulled everything off the boat this morning!

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote