Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If we had go fund me in those eras would we have funded the things I listed

They are like Trumps wall because its stoked in fear and sold and masked as National security its amazing what people are willing to do to others with enough lies

it not hard to see the parallels...

Ps we have more wall the Israel what do you think it cost to patrol 400 miles one-third of the U.S.-Mexico line, or 654 miles, has security fencing, The border between the United States and Mexico stretches 3,145 kilometers (1,954 miles) whats good is a wall once built if you can pay to patrol it
we have tens of
millions of people living here, who came illegally. so is the wall
stoked in fear, or facts? does your prison have walls? do they work?

wdmso, all facts are factual, not just the ones you happen to like.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we have tens of
millions of people living here, who came illegally. so is the wall
stoked in fear, or facts? does your prison have walls? do they work?

wdmso, all facts are factual, not just the ones you happen to like.
Walls only work if some is watching them ... it’s already been covered the wall isn’t how you fix it..

Simple solutions for simple people that’s all the wall is

And how do we have the Lowest unemployment.. if all those illegals are taking our jobs ...??? I think you’ve suggested as much
Old 12-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Walls only work if some is watching them ... it’s already been covered the wall isn’t how you fix it..

Simple solutions for simple people that’s all the wall is

And how do we have the Lowest unemployment.. if all those illegals are taking our jobs ...??? I think you’ve suggested as much
is anyone, and i mean ANYONE, saying that no one needs to be watching the wall? is anyone saying we can get rid of birder security once it’s built?

walls work when trained people are involved, i agree with you, msondoes Trump. Can you handle that?

where has “it been covered” that the wall won’t help reduce the flow of illegals? on msnbc?

we have low unemployment because the economy is growing. going too fast for you?

i never said illegals have a huge impact on unemployment, never. i said they’re a huge drain on the economy, and obviously that’s true. as a group, they don’t pay their own way, not even close.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
i said they’re a huge drain on the economy, and obviously that’s true. as a group, they don’t pay their own way, not even close.
A lot of studies over the years have been done on this subject and what you said just isn’t even remotely true.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
A lot of studies over the years have been done on this subject and what you said just isn’t even remotely true.
lt cannot fail to be true. they have high school diplomas or less, and they need schools for their kids, housing, medical care, police and fire protection. i pay taxes up the you know what, and i don’t come close to covering what my town pays to educate my kids. so for many years, i will be a drain. it’s obvious common sense. put down the kool
aid for two seconds, and think honestly. millions and millions of people
with barely a high school education, who have no skills
and don’t speak english, are going to pay their own way? not possible. i saw a study saying that 64% of them receive some form of welfare.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #36
Jim in CT

according to this, 70% of illegals here for ten years or more, receive welfare. and what happens when they are too d to work, but can’t collect SS? who pays for their care!

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...on-welfare.php
Old 12-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
according to this, 70% of illegals here for ten years or more, receive welfare. and what happens when they are too d to work, but can’t collect SS? who pays for their care!

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...on-welfare.php
Funny you’re citing a right wing blog mentioning a right wing tabloid report based on research from an extreme right wing anti immigration source and you still don’t even interpret their findings correctly.

I see the problem Jim.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny you’re citing a right wing blog mentioning a right wing tabloid report based on research from an extreme right wing anti immigration source and you still don’t even interpret their findings correctly.

I see the problem Jim.
So what did they say, that was wrong, exactly?

How do millions of people who didn't graduate from high school, who have no skills and don't speak English, instantly become self sufficient?

You are insinuating that because it's right-wing, therefore it's biased. Well the judge YOU cited who accused Flynn of treason, was a Clinton appointee. So why did you assume he was credible?
Old 12-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
lt cannot fail to be true. they have high school diplomas or less, and they need schools for their kids, housing, medical care, police and fire protection. i pay taxes up the you know what, and i don’t come close to covering what my town pays to educate my kids. so for many years, i will be a drain. it’s obvious common sense. put down the kool
aid for two seconds, and think honestly. millions and millions of people
with barely a high school education, who have no skills
and don’t speak english, are going to pay their own way? not possible. i saw a study saying that 64% of them receive some form of welfare.
I suggest there are more US born Americans who fit your immigrant profile then them immigrants ... who you think dont pay taxes
Old 12-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #40
wdmso

49.2 percent of U.S. households received benefits from one or more government programs—about 151 million out of an estimated 306.8 million Americans—according to U.S. Census Bureau data released last October.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
I suggest there are more US born Americans who fit your immigrant profile then them immigrants ... who you think dont pay taxes
you have this habit, of responding to something that no one ever said.
you do this very, very regularly.

i never, ever said illegals are the only ones on welfare in these numbers. but can we afford to open up our border and allow
millions more to just stroll in, without vetting them? are there limits to how many poor and unskilled people we can support?

you deny that many of them don’t pay taxes? lots of them don’t work for cash under the table?
Old 12-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yes indeed it’s called America, where EVERY single one of us is descended from illegal immigration and look what our ancestors did to the true original citizens of this continent. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If you are referring to the original colonial settlers, they did not land here illegally. There were no immigration laws on this continent at the time. Just as there were no such laws when the pre-colonial natives settled here before the English colonists. There were no national borders. There was no "nation" with legalized property rights and legal borders on the land where the colonists settled.

What is now North America was still a land mass that was being settled in various parts by groups and individuals who came and went, who were successful for a period of time, and who failed as well. There were tribal wars and consolidations. Large areas were still not inhabited. There was no overall legal structure that we would recognize as a country with a claim to legal, contractual, or political ownership of all the land.

The meme that the colonists were illegal immigrants is useful to promote the Progressive globalist notion that national borders, nationalism in general, are regressive remnants of the nation states that have led to wars, economic conflicts, and all manner of personal and group oppression.

The ideal political structure of current Progressive ideology would be the elimination of nation states replaced by some form of global governance. The United Nations, the precursor governing body, is busy trying to establish model bureaucracies such as international courts, climate governing organization, evolving immigration laws that progressively eliminate the obstacles to free roaming migration, and all forms of wealth and technology transfers to connect the planet's population into one egalitarian network.

For those who prefer the globalist political structure, the meme that we are all "illegal" immigrants won't go away because it is useful for shaming us into the understanding that everyone is actually legal. That we are all equal citizens of the world.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #43
basswipe

Gotta love the "what if" threads.

What if an asteroid didn't hit the Earth 65 million years ago would super intelligent dinosaurs be ruling the Earth?Who cares,that's not the reality of the situation.

This is by far one of the dumbest threads I've ever encountered on this site.What if we had GoFundMe in 1940.Really?

Some folks need to deal with reality and stop wondering what if.....