Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #931
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the great wall of china is over 10,000 miles and they did it a LONG time ago.
What a simpletons response

Its construction lasted over 2,300 years (680 BC – 1681 AD). Different sections of the Great wall were being built, destroyed, and renovated by 9+ dynasties.

Great reader of history you are Jim

Why not use the Maginot Line at least that’s recent history Built
1929–1938
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-30-2022, 05:50 PM   #932
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What a simpletons response

Its construction lasted over 2,300 years (680 BC – 1681 AD). Different sections of the Great wall were being built, destroyed, and renovated by 9+ dynasties.

Great reader of history you are Jim

Why not use the Maginot Line at least that’s recent history Built
1929–1938
you said it was simplistic to think it could
be sealed off. an ancient civilization built a much bigger wall.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:36 AM   #933
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
be sealed off. an ancient civilization ruled by an emperor combined the walls built by the warlords he conquered to form a much bigger wall that was largely ineffective.
Fixed it for you, if you only had an emperor……

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-31-2022, 07:58 AM   #934
wdmso

Quote:
be sealed off. an ancient civilization built a much bigger wall.
What part. Of 2300 years to build did you miss?
Old 10-31-2022, 10:02 AM   #935
Jim in CT

Quote:
What part. Of 2300 years to build did you miss?
And it was hundreds of years ago. Are you assuming there have been no technological advances since then, which would make it quicker to build it today?

The way we built things back then, and the way we build things today, are different. Sorry if that's going too fast for you.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:45 AM   #936
scottw

Quote:

The way we built things back then, and the way we build things today, are different. Sorry if that's going too fast for you.
aren't they the same guys insisting how fast we can move from fossil fuels because...technology
Old 10-31-2022, 10:46 AM   #937
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
aren't they the same guys insisting how fast we can move from fossil fuels because...technology
Exactly! Wish I'd thought of that!
Old 10-31-2022, 11:16 AM   #938
wdmso

Quote:
And it was hundreds of years ago. Are you assuming there have been no technological advances since then, which would make it quicker to build it today?

yep Jim changing the topic because you make a stupid comparison

No jim it wasnt 100 years ago.. but keep making up your own Facts

now its about "The way we built things back then, and the way we build things today, are different. Sorry if that's going too fast for you"

don't you ever get tired running in circles
Old 10-31-2022, 11:58 AM   #939
Jim in CT

Quote:
yep Jim changing the topic because you make a stupid comparison

No jim it wasnt 100 years ago.. but keep making up your own Facts

now its about "The way we built things back then, and the way we build things today, are different. Sorry if that's going too fast for you"

don't you ever get tired running in circles
Fine, let's stay on topic.

You said this:

"Only geographically challenged People would assume you could open and close a 2000 mile border"

We could seal that border up in a few years at most, if not within 2 years. It's a piece of cake, it's not even hard. Of course we'd still need people and resources there, but to say it can't be done is laughable. Most liberals don't even try to make the argument that we can't do it, they just say walls, like everything else they don't like, is racist.

Swimming. Swimming is racist, did you know that? That's what Fettterman's wife said.

And Fatty Abrams said 107 GA sheriffs "want to be able to take black people off the streets". Once the future star of the party, she's soon to be the left's Sarah Palin, soon to have her own show on MSNBC where you can feel the IQ points getting sucked out of your brain as you watch. Another racist lunatic getting kicked to the curb which is left-wing cable news. Al Sharpton, Joy Reid, what's-her-name-Cross, and soon Abrams will give MSNBC a quartet of hosts who blame everything on whitey.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-31-2022 at 12:05 PM..
Old 10-31-2022, 12:01 PM   #940
wdmso

the truth about the MAGA GOP Just look at Trump Jr tweets The internet remains undefeated… Also if you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa you could be Hunter Biden in an instant. and re tweets

Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.

or their new hero Musk

Elon Musk, new owner of Twitter, tweets unfounded, anti-LGBTQ conspiracy theory about Paul Pelosi attack Musk deleted the tweet by early Sunday afternoon. why?

from a website that has a history of publishing false information. shocking and he's the smartest guy on the planet

Not sure why people still defend MAGA and Trump world

with excuses like I like their policies....

you don't have to be a republican or a democrat to see this for what
it is.. just be a Normal human
Old 10-31-2022, 12:08 PM   #941
wdmso

Quote:

You said this:

"Only geographically challenged People would assume you could open and close a 2000 mile border"

We could seal that border up in a few years at most, if not within 2 years. It's a piece of cake, it's not even hard. Of course we'd still need people and resources there, but to say it can't be done is laughable. Most liberals don't even try to make the argument that we can't do it, they just say walls, like everything else they don't like, is racist.

Swimming. Swimming is racist, did you know that? That's what Fettterman's wife said.
Jim its the reason why you want to build a wall thats Dumb .. its a simplitions approach to a bigger problem . and it wont solve anything

Congress needs to fix what's broken .... And if you want less migrant fix south and central America .. Because the United states F up decades ago and now we are feeling the affects of those mistakes

The forces driving ordinary people to leave their homes and put their lives at risk crossing deserts with smugglers to get to the US border are deeply rooted in Central America’s history of inequality and violence, in which the US has long played a defining role.

Old 10-31-2022, 12:13 PM   #942
scottw

Quote:

Our radical leftists seem crankier and more insulting than usual lately, I worry about their mental states after democracy dies in approx. 8 days....
Old 10-31-2022, 12:15 PM   #943
scottw

Quote:

its a simplitions approach
pure GOLD!!!!!
Old 10-31-2022, 12:42 PM   #944
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim its the reason why you want to build a wall thats Dumb ..

You shut your front door and lock it, every single night. The wall serves the same exact purpose.

Again, most of america agrees with me, and disagrees with you, on this issue. I have opinions that are in the minority, this isn't one of them.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:44 PM   #945
Jim in CT

Quote:
Our radical leftists seem crankier and more insulting than usual lately, I worry about their mental states after democracy dies in approx. 8 days....
I can't help but notice something you shed light on...they will do ANYTHING to avoid talking about polls.

I should take out a life insurance policy in the name of "democracy" for 1 billion dollars.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:56 PM   #946
Jim in CT

Quote:
J And if you want less migrant fix south and central America .. Because the United states F up decades ago and now we are feeling the affects of those mistakes

The forces driving ordinary people to leave their homes and put their lives at risk crossing deserts with smugglers to get to the US border are deeply rooted in Central America’s history of inequality and violence, in which the US has long played a defining role.

We don't have the ability to "fix" the planet. It's a very simple proposition however, to secure our border, which accomplishes the same thing.

Drug dealers aren't using the southern border because of what's happening somewhere else. They use teh southern border because it's easy to cross.

There are bad people out there, who we should try to keep out. Again, same reason why you close and lock your front door at night...
Old 10-31-2022, 01:34 PM   #947
scottw

Quote:

We don't have the ability to "fix" the planet.

but if we continue to throw soup and mashed potatoes on priceless works of art....we can heal the planet....or something
Old 10-31-2022, 01:42 PM   #948
Jim in CT

Quote:
but if we continue to throw soup and mashed potatoes on priceless works of art....we can heal the planet....or something
And vandalize car dealerships, because nothing says "down with fascism" quite like destroying private property of people with whom you disagree.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:09 PM   #949
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
pure GOLD!!!!!
I’ve said it before, we are no match for that superior intellect.

NO MAS!!! NO MAS!!!

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-31-2022, 03:45 PM   #950
wdmso

Love the response from the 3 blind mice

Afraid of little brown men. Cans of soup. Free and fair elections and of course loss of the internal combustion engine ..

You are all so sophisticated
Old 10-31-2022, 03:59 PM   #951
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You said this:

And Fatty Abrams said 107 GA sheriffs "want to be able to take black people off the streets". Once the future star of the party, she's soon to be the left's Sarah Palin, soon to have her own show on MSNBC where you can feel the IQ points getting sucked out of your brain as you watch. Another racist lunatic getting kicked to the curb which is left-wing cable news. Al Sharpton, Joy Reid, what's-her-name-Cross, and soon Abrams will give MSNBC a quartet of hosts who blame everything on whitey.
Your hero, reknowned expert in wall building (along with everything) couldn’t build his wall in 4 years.
Yet you’re claiming you could do it in two, congratulations maybe you and the Swanson heir can get elected and accomplish your dream.

Then it’s off to the fallback position of victim, where you claim that just as many blacks can swim as whites or something because somebody’s wife said something and likely the Swanson heir took it out of context, but you repeated it as your ilk does.
Then off to a little fat shaming, mixed with racism for added effect, because we all know that you too are the least racist person we will ever meet.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-31-2022, 04:07 PM   #952
Jim in CT

Quote:

Afraid of little brown men. Cans of soup. Free and fair elections and of course loss of the internal combustion engine ..

Yup, it's racist to think a country should have a border.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:13 PM   #953
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Your hero, reknowned expert in wall building (along with everything) couldn’t build his wall in 4 years.
Yet you’re claiming you could do it in two, congratulations maybe you and the Swanson heir can get elected and accomplish your dream.

Then it’s off to the fallback position of victim, where you claim that just as many blacks can swim as whites or something because somebody’s wife said something and likely the Swanson heir took it out of context, but you repeated it as your ilk does.
Then off to a little fat shaming, mixed with racism for added effect, because we all know that you too are the least racist person we will ever meet.
"Your hero, reknowned expert in wall building (along with everything) couldn’t build his wall in 4 years."

He's not my hero, and I give him an F on keeping that promise. Unlike you, snowflake, I'm secure enough to be comfortable with the fact that people I support won't EVER be flawless. You are too delicate to concede that any democrat has veer had a flaw.

"you claim that just as many blacks can swim as whites"

Ah, you're still making up quotes I see, because I never said that.

There are some sports that are disproportionately white, some are disproportionately black. It's based on socioeconomics, not race.

Pete, is the 100 meter dash "racist"? Is break dancing racist?

Have fun answering that, big guy...

"Then off to a little fat shaming"

Because you never, ever make fun of republicans. Never.

"mixed with racism for added effect,"

What racism did I add?

Abrams is a big fat clown who, after she gets creamed next week (hopefully taking Warnock down with her) will fit in quite nicely at MSNBC with the other hosts who have a deep loathing for white people, and who get rich blaming white people for everything (because that's unifying!!). There's at least 3 others there already.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-31-2022 at 04:18 PM..
Old 10-31-2022, 05:21 PM   #954
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Well, you certainly have me all figured out, no fooling you.

I never stood a chance

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-01-2022, 04:47 AM   #955
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, you certainly have me all figured out, no fooling you.

I never stood a chance
you never add anything and you have no friends
Old 11-01-2022, 06:03 AM   #956
scottw

seems like all of the democrat rising stars are complete duds.......
Old 11-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #957
Jim in CT

Quote:
seems like all of the democrat rising stars are complete duds.......
they have absolutely no bench. None. Gavin Newsom is the likely bet in 2024, and there are exactly zero republicans afraid of that.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:51 AM   #958
wdmso

Quote:
Yup, it's racist to think a country should have a border.
no its moronic to suggest we don't

Yet republicans are so Advance Arizona’s governor is stacking shipping containers along the border and what's funny

Ducey, a Republican, issued an executive order in August

I guess 1,000-foot gap near Yuma, Arizona.didn't exist the 4 years when Trump was in Office ..

More GOP stunts

Question did you get a refund from We Build the Wall who prayed on gullible people who think the walls are the solution or have you never heard of them either

Brian Kolfage admitted to pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars while promising all donations would pay for the wall. His plea came a month before a trial in a case that began in dramatic fashion in August 2020, when Bannon was pulled from a luxury yacht off the coast of Connecticut and arrested on allegations that he and three others ripped off donors trying to fund a southern border wall.

Bannon was pardoned by Trump just before he left office last year. Bannon had pleaded not guilty to charges he pocketed over $1 million, using some of the money to secretly pay Kolfage, a 39-year-old Air Force veteran who lost both legs in a mortar attack in Iraq.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #959
Jim in CT

Quote:
no its moronic to suggest we don't

Yet republicans are so Advance Arizona’s governor is stacking shipping containers along the border and what's funny

Ducey, a Republican, issued an executive order in August

I guess 1,000-foot gap near Yuma, Arizona.didn't exist the 4 years when Trump was in Office ..

More GOP stunts

Question did you get a refund from We Build the Wall who prayed on gullible people who think the walls are the solution or have you never heard of them either

Brian Kolfage admitted to pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars while promising all donations would pay for the wall. His plea came a month before a trial in a case that began in dramatic fashion in August 2020, when Bannon was pulled from a luxury yacht off the coast of Connecticut and arrested on allegations that he and three others ripped off donors trying to fund a southern border wall.

Bannon was pardoned by Trump just before he left office last year. Bannon had pleaded not guilty to charges he pocketed over $1 million, using some of the money to secretly pay Kolfage, a 39-year-old Air Force veteran who lost both legs in a mortar attack in Iraq.
Oh, you're hiding over here now?

Please tell me why it's ok for the entire left to jump to the conclusion that Mr Pelosi's attack was politically motivated, but you say it's wrong for Rubio to make the same exact assumption about the attack on his volunteer?

Why won't you answer? Cat got your tongue?
Old 11-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #960
wdmso

Requirements for the next Republicans presidential nominee

The candidate (and businesses) will not be allowed to have declared bankruptcy more than seven times.
The candidate (and businesses) can be involved in no more than 6000 lawsuits.
If elected, the candidate can make no more than 31000 false or misleading claims in 4 years·
The candidate will be allowed to have paid no federal income tax in no more than 9 of the 15 years preceded the 2024 election.
The candidate will have to make their tax records known prior to 50 years after their last day in office.

The candidate will not be allowed to have more than one paid affair with a Porn Star while married. And will not be allowed to illegally spend more than 200,000 dollars of campaign funds to keep the Porn Star/affair quiet.

The candidate can have no more than 26 women accuse him of sexual misconduct.

A current or prior spouse cannot have accused the candidate of rape more than once in a divorce case disposition

The candidate will not be allowed to have more than two campaign officials who work secretly for Pro Russian factions in the Ukraine,

The candidate will not be allowed more than once to illegally use funds from his own or any other charitable foundation. And the candidate will not be allowed to illegally use these funds to buy more than two self- portraits.
In any 6 week period

the candidate, if elected, will not be allowed to fire more than six Inspector Generals.

The candidate will not be allowed to raise more than 250 million dollars to an official election defense fund that does not exist .