Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #91
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,834
I have to wonder if he and guys like PeteF are seriously out to prove people wrong. And when it fails, they feign shock after all of the proof they have presented. Interesting concept I guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #92
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys are hypocrites, you claim the evil dems and the evil media just hate Trump so badly they will do anything to get him out of office, all the while ignoring the corruption in plain sight. Your responses are just a reflection of your hatred of the evil democrats and the evil media, can't be much clearer. I'm an independent and have probably voted republican more than democratic, but I see this CLOWN for what he is and if it goes unchecked, it sets a very low bar for what is acceptable for our president.
fixed it
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #93
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,398
Trump compares the pull out to letting two kids on a play lot fight for a minute until you pull them apart. The man is clearly unfiltered and bonkers, what a “presidential” statement. Hundreds of thousands fleeing, hundreds dead, reported war crimes, our troops near fire, our allies in jeopardy of being destroyed, we are bombing our own installations to avoid others taking them over, but Turkey got what it wanted and we got zip. Trump is a scary guy to have control of our military, go sleep well tonight that your 401k is doing well, while Trump destroys our position as a world leader; but his financial interests in Turkey are secure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #94
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,665
Mr Mulvaney later backtracked on his earlier remarks, saying the media had "decided to misconstrue my comments".

Again we did not hear what was said . even the Tape recording "decided to misconstrue my comments". typical
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #95
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mr Mulvaney later backtracked on his earlier remarks, saying the media had "decided to misconstrue my comments".

Again we did not hear what was said . even the Tape recording "decided to misconstrue my comments". typical
In the words of Pete F. "Diplomacy is always Quid pro quo". Any leverage that Mulvaney referred to was in the vein of Pete's quote. Mulvaney clarified his previous general comment (or "backtracked" as you characterize it) by stating specifically what he meant, leverage in regard to corruption and lack of aid by other countries.

Ukraine President said he didn't know about the money being withheld until after the phone call, so it couldn't have been a quid pro quo.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #96
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Not when it involves a political rival in a QPQ when there is no evidence that the person you are asking about did anything ie Hunter.

The Mueller investigation into Trump supposedly conspiratorially colluding with Russia has established that evidence is not necessary to start an investigation.

Do you have any links to any investigations about Hunter at the time Trump was pressuring the Ukr. to investigate Hunter?
Don't need links in order to be able to think. It is very fishy and stinks of corruption that Hunter got an exceedingly high paying job for which he had no specifically applicable qualifications, and is evident that he got the gig because he is the son of the VP, and that the VP got the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's employer fired.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,398
Distraction right out of Trumps play book, good boy good boy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #98
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Distraction right out of Trumps play book, good boy good boy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're such a genius. It's a wonder that more people don't realize that.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #99
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In the words of Pete F. "Diplomacy is always Quid pro quo". Any leverage that Mulvaney referred to was in the vein of Pete's quote. Mulvaney clarified his previous general comment (or "backtracked" as you characterize it) by stating specifically what he meant, leverage in regard to corruption and lack of aid by other countries.

Ukraine President said he didn't know about the money being withheld until after the phone call, so it couldn't have been a quid pro quo.
No national leader doesn’t know what is in the USA news regarding politics and his country
It was in the NYT before trump called him
Ukraine doesn’t want to be in the middle of this
Trump last week forced Zelensky’s hand and because Zelensky did not believe the USA had his back he had to fold on Donbas
Win for Putin
Putin’s Puppet is paying for the help in the last election
Zelensky got screwed by Trump
The Kurds are getting cleansed because of Trump
He is the weakest President in the history of the USA
Your hero
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who don’t need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #100
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No national leader doesn’t know what is in the USA news regarding politics and his country
It was in the NYT before trump called him
Ukraine doesn’t want to be in the middle of this
Trump last week forced Zelensky’s hand and because Zelensky did not believe the USA had his back he had to fold on Donbas
Win for Putin
Putin’s Puppet is paying for the help in the last election
Zelensky got screwed by Trump
The Kurds are getting cleansed because of Trump
He is the weakest President in the history of the USA
Your hero
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Apparently, Zelensky didn't read the NYT article, or he is a liar. Do you have proof that he is a liar?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #101
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
To Win Giuliani’s Help, Oligarch’s Allies Pursued Biden Dirt
Associates of a Ukrainian oligarch fighting extradition to the U.S. were working to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden last summer in an effort to get Rudy Giuliani’s help in the oligarch’s legal case, according to three people familiar with the exchanges.

Dmitry Firtash, charged with conspiracy by the U.S. and living in Vienna, shuffled lawyers in July to add Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing, vocal supporters of President Donald Trump who had worked with Giuliani. Around that time, some of Firtash’s associates began to use his broad network of Ukraine contacts to get damaging information on Biden, the people said.
It’s all coming out
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #102
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
DiGenova and Toensing have billed Firtash about $1 million for their work, one of the people said. That includes costs for Lev Parnas, a Giuliani associate, as a translator and important contact, the person said. Parnas was arrested last week along with several associates and accused of conspiring to violate campaign-finance laws.

People working on Firtash’s behalf collected a witness statement from Viktor Shokin, a former Ukrainian prosecutor-general. The statement, dated early September, helped Giuliani renew an assertion that he’d been advancing for months -- that Biden had tried in 2016 to sway Ukrainian politics to help his son. U.S. and Ukrainian officials have disputed Shokin’s account.

Shokin, though, had been promised his statement wouldn’t be made public, according to the people. Giuliani went on to cite it repeatedly, waving it around on cable news as evidence of Biden’s alleged corruption. The Hill and other media outlets provided links to it, with Giuliani later suggesting he had a role in making it public. “This is the affidavit I put out,” he said during a Fox News interview this month.


As a result of the publicity Giuliani generated with Shokin’s statement, two of the people said they believe the odds of the Justice Department dropping the case against Firtash have plummeted, because it would look like a quid pro quo. Others connected to the case agreed.

U.S. lawmakers conducting a presidential impeachment inquiry are bearing down on whether favors were traded for influence. They are examining Giuliani’s efforts to turn up evidence in Ukraine and allegations that the Trump administration withheld crucial aid until the country’s president agreed to investigate the Bidens.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #103
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,834
This is more fake news to feed the hungry.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #104
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
A supposedly corrupt prosecutor, at the behest of a corrupt Biden, was replaced by another corrupt prosecutor who then closed all the investigations into corruption in the Ukraine despite our government's concern about Ukrainian corruption. Sounds like a lot of corruption on all sides of the matter. Sounds like it might be a good thing to investigate what all the corruption was about.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...dealings-2015/

Some excerpts: "I’m going to guess this isn’t what Adam Schiff wanted to come out of his latest “hearing.”
A State Department official named George Kent, who served during the Obama administration as well . . . managed to drop a piece of new information and it had to do with Hunter Biden.

"Namely, that Kent had approached Biden in 2015 about the issues with his son’s dealing and was rebuffed . . . Kent, who testified behind closed doors before committees spearheading the formal House impeachment inquiry, told congressional investigators that he had qualms about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings. Remember, Biden has repeatedly claimed that he didn’t know of his son’s dealings. We know he’s lying in regards to ever talking to Hunter about them, but now we know they were also brought to his attention through official channels as well . . . There’s another bit of information in this piece that’s interesting as well . . .

"Kent testified that while Shokin faced accusations of corruption, his replacement, Lutsenko, did too and that both ex-prosecutors were godfathers to former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s children. However, according to sources, Kent said that while the United States pushed hard for Shokin to be fired, no one ever pushed for Lutsenko to be fired. There’s another bit of information in this piece that’s interesting as well. Lutsenko ended up closing the cases into Burisma and other corruption within Ukraine. Coincidentally, I’m sure, the Obama administration had no problem keeping him on the job despite his checkered history and the fact that he just happened to be helping out Joe Biden and his son in the process."
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #105
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
Was that leaked?

I like presidents who don’t need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #106
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
Plenty of spin going on about that from both sides, it will be hard to discern the truth for a while.

Trump is trying very hard to make this investigation about someone else.

It's not.

It's about the lies and obstruction.

I like presidents who don’t need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #107
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Don't need links in order to be able to think. It is very fishy and stinks of corruption that Hunter got an exceedingly high paying job for which he had no specifically applicable qualifications, and is evident that he got the gig because he is the son of the VP, and that the VP got the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's employer fired.
How can something "stink of corruption" when there's still zero evidence of a corrupt act? Getting a good job because of connections isn't exactly corrupt, it's pretty normal.

Burisma wasn't under investigation at the time Biden, a bipartisan Congress and the IMF wanted the prosecutor fired either.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #108
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Getting a good job because of connections isn't exactly corrupt, it's pretty normal.
You can’t be this dumb
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #109
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
You can’t be this dumb
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm really not. Perhaps you can help me understand why you think this is wrong.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #110
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,398
Let’s get a full list of corrupt governments that the US has been leery of making deals with, it’s dozens and likely dozens more, it doesn’t change the fact that ironically this one might be willing to provide dirt (real or not) on the Bidens AND military aid already allocated was being held up in order for Trump to PERSONALLY gain an edge in an up coming election. Two wrongs don’t make it right, spin baby spin.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #111
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Don't need links in order to be able to think. It is very fishy and stinks of corruption that Hunter got an exceedingly high paying job for which he had no specifically applicable qualifications, and is evident that he got the gig because he is the son of the VP, and that the VP got the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's employer fired.
Yes, I didn't think you would provide any links. So where exactly is the corruption? it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #112
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, I didn't think you would provide any links. So where exactly is the corruption? it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I thought investigations were needed to find alleged corruption or crime or reasons for impeachment. You know, like what they've been doing to Trump from day one and before.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #113
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #114
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
This is what we deal with
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:22 PM   #115
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I thought investigations were needed to find alleged corruption or crime or reasons for impeachment. You know, like what they've been doing to Trump from day one and before.
If you smell #^&#^&#^&#^& in your house, don’t you look to see where the stink is coming from?
Trump has stunk for years
He can start by releasing his taxes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who don’t need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #116
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you smell #^&#^&#^&#^& in your house, don’t you look to see where the stink is coming from?
Trump has stunk for years
He can start by releasing his taxes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Biden stink needs to be investigated.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #117
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Biden stink needs to be investigated.
Always distract
That’s Putin’s playbook
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who don’t need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #118
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,665
Funny those trashing biden for getting 50 k a month seem to only like success when its achieved by people with R next to their names.. we all know the people whom i speak . BUT they easily dismiss all of the a trump children and their business dealing or that thier name alone has open doors for them. But but Bidens son oh how corrupt..

Typical Republican hypocrites.....

Only in their world everything is the same
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #119
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,018
so Wayne, if Baron Trump gets a job with a big Ukrainian company next week it won't be a problem for you? Baron is probably twice as qualified as Hunter Biden was and doesn't have all of the baggage
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #120
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Always distract
That’s Putin’s playbook
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Always verbiage. Putin is like that too.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com