Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,320
Blog Entries: 1
Pete

You are starting threads at the level that Jim in CT was during the Obama admin when we told him to take his foot off the gas a bit.

Throttle back a little, please ; ) .

We want open discussion, we are adult(ish), we support diversity of thought.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
pete...if you don't start taking your medication and stop this behavior you won't leave us any choice...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	66618  
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,320
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete...if you don't start taking your medication and stop this behavior you won't leave us any choice...

Scott - don't press too hard or I will limit your Youtube links to movies under 5 minutes and no Stephan Molannoying

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Scott - don't press too hard or I will limit your Youtube links to movies under 5 minutes and no Stephan Molannoying
Uhh . . . John, it was me not Scott who annoyed you with Molannoy and long videos. But gee, man, they were good stuff!
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,205
I'd suggest just ditching the fishing stuff and re-brand the site 12chan. John will be a millionaire in weeks.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You are starting threads at the level that Jim in CT was during the Obama admin when we told him to take his foot off the gas a bit.

Throttle back a little, please ; ) .

We want open discussion, we are adult(ish), we support diversity of thought.
Sorry about that Iíd been cheeseburgered one too many times.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,320
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Uhh . . . John, it was me not Scott who annoyed you with Molannoy and long videos. But gee, man, they were good stuff!

Ohh - that's right - sorry Scott - Dam you DB



Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd suggest just ditching the fishing stuff and re-brand the site 12chan. John will be a millionaire in weeks.

No. I hold them in as high regard as VOX and DU



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sorry about that Iíd been cheeseburgered one too many times.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Just a friendly nudge, is getting a little over the top.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #8
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,813
I saw that coming, from Chicago.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,320
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I saw that coming, from Chicago.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

It was actually odd timing, I saw Ross's post after I created the Pete post, not the other way around. I had been thinking about if for a little bit.

Frankly, I'd like to see everyone up our level of discourse and manners a bit.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You are starting threads at the level that Jim in CT was during the Obama admin when we told him to take his foot off the gas a bit.

Throttle back a little, please ; ) .

We want open discussion, we are adult(ish), we support diversity of thought.
check your math, good sir. iím going by memory here, but i canít imagine i started this
many during obamaís 8 total years. if i did i apologize.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete...if you don't start taking your medication and stop this behavior you won't leave us any choice...
thatís what it was! what i was asking you about! ďhotelĒ.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #12
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Frankly, I'd like to see everyone up our level of discourse and manners a bit.
I know, right? I don't know what's wrong with them lately....
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:21 PM   #13
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
check your math, good sir. iím going by memory here, but i canít imagine i started this
many during obamaís 8 total years. if i did i apologize.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So the amount of threads you think you started was okay but since you think he started more it's too many?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #14
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So the amount of threads you think you started was okay but since you think he started more it's too many?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
have you been paying attention?...someone should call the Guinness Book of World Records
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So the amount of threads you think you started was okay but since you think he started more it's too many?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i said i think i started a lot fewer threads. i donít think it was close. iíll be embarrassed if it was close. because heís deranged and consumed. i hope i wasnít that obsessed.

pete posted that chinese leaders are good. i donít think iíve ever started a thread that was that bonkers, not on my worst day. if i did, shame on me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:19 PM   #16
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
have you been paying attention?...someone should call the Guinness Book of World Records
Very sad person,they all seem a little unhinged lately.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 AM   #17
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i said i think i started a lot fewer threads. i don’t think it was close. i’ll be embarrassed if it was close. because he’s deranged and consumed. i hope i wasn’t that obsessed.

pete posted that chinese leaders are good. i don’t think i’ve ever started a thread that was that bonkers, not on my worst day. if i did, shame on me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So again, you had the "right" amount of threads but Pete's has too many? No one else (before Pete) had no where close to the threads/posts you did.

What a joke.

Last edited by PaulS; 10-21-2019 at 06:46 AM..
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #18
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Very sad person,they all seem a little unhinged lately.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How am I sad or unhinged when you don't post anything that requires any thought?

Your like a little unhinged 13 year old girl who doesn't know what to say so you throw out these little insults. You post all day and night - weekends too. Do you have so little going on in your life you that on a Friday and Saturday night you have to check SB? 11:19 on a Sunday night and your life is so miserable you have to check SB?

You said you didn't like how Trump was being treated here so you started posting in this forum - if that isn't the definition of a snowflake, I don't know what is.

I agree with the poster here who called you a vile person.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:52 AM   #19
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i said i think i started a lot fewer threads. i donít think it was close. iíll be embarrassed if it was close. because heís deranged and consumed. i hope i wasnít that obsessed.

pete posted that chinese leaders are good. i donít think iíve ever started a thread that was that bonkers, not on my worst day. if i did, shame on me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WTF are you misreading this time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So again, you had the "right" amount of threads but Pete's has too many? No one else (before Pete) had no where close to the threads/posts you did.

What a joke.
this is very juvenile, but for the third time, no, iím not saying i had the right amount of started threads. i said i canít imagine i had anywhere near as many as pete.

it is a joke, indeed.

you seem angry, which you always accuse me of. your anger in this case, appears to be impacting your reading comprehension.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,320
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
check your math, good sir. i’m going by memory here, but i can’t imagine i started this
many during obama’s 8 total years. if i did i apologize.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

There were times when it was 10 Jim in CTs in a row ..... And I am not going back and doing the actual metrics but yeh, it was like this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know, right? I don't know what's wrong with them lately....


~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:55 AM   #22
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,647
Classic shoot the messenger ingnore the message.. didn't realize factual criticism were outrageous compared to posting of conspiracy theory and known lies ? People are not required to respond.. They choose to and they also choose how they respond ...

John wants it turned down a notch i'll help with that..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #23
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
this is very juvenile, but for the third time, no, i’m not saying i had the right amount of started threads. i said i can’t imagine i had anywhere near as many as pete.

it is a joke, indeed.

you seem angry, which you always accuse me of. your anger in this case, appears to be impacting your reading comprehension.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So again, you had the "right" amount of posts when you had the most daily posts here for years on end but Pete (who now has more posts than you) is posting too much!

I'm not angry - I don't feel the need to answer almost each and every post (and frequently with an insult) like you.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #24
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How am I sad or unhinged when you don't post anything that requires any thought?

Your like a little unhinged 13 year old girl who doesn't know what to say so you throw out these little insults. You post all day and night - weekends too. Do you have so little going on in your life you that on a Friday and Saturday night you have to check SB? 11:19 on a Sunday night and your life is so miserable you have to check SB?

You said you didn't like how Trump was being treated here so you started posting in this forum - if that isn't the definition of a snowflake, I don't know what is.

I agree with the poster here who called you a vile person.
You have demonstrated a lack of understanding once again. You have my sympathies,but more importantly I wish you inner peace and happiness.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #25
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
I have inner peace and happiness - thank you.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So again, you had the "right" amount of posts when you had the most daily posts here for years on end but Pete (who now has more posts than you) is posting too much!

I'm not angry - I don't feel the need to answer almost each and every post (and frequently with an insult) like you.
if itís not anger, something else is interfering with very rudimentary reading comprehension on your part. Maybe itís TDS. Maybe youíre just not as sharp as i remember you being. Whatever the cause, you are concluding that i said something very different from what i actually said. Three times.

take the last word if you want.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Classic shoot the messenger ingnore the message.. didn't realize factual criticism were outrageous compared to posting of conspiracy theory and known lies ? People are not required to respond.. They choose to and they also choose how they respond ...

John wants it turned down a notch i'll help with that..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it wasnít factual criticism. i didnít attack john, i politely asked him to check his math. i freely admit i started a lot of anti obama threads, it wasnít anything remotely similar to what is happening here with trump.

iíll also help with toning it down.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #28
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I have inner peace and happiness - thank you.
Then my wish has come true. Sympathies notwithstanding.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #29
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it wasnít factual criticism. i didnít attack john, i politely asked him to check his math. i freely admit i started a lot of anti obama threads, it wasnít anything remotely similar to what is happening here with trump.

iíll also help with toning it down.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Mine was a general response to posting in general it was not in response or associated with your current word war
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #30
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if itís not anger, something else is interfering with very rudimentary reading comprehension on your part. Maybe itís TDS. Maybe youíre just not as sharp as i remember you being. Whatever the cause, you are concluding that i said something very different from what i actually said. Three times.

take the last word if you want.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I am laughing at you, the person who had the most posts (by far) for the longest period of time commenting on the amount of posts someone else makes.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com