Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,385
President vs Constitution

When commenting on why he dropped the Doral location over flack over the emoluments clause in the constitution, he said the president should be able to run the country without worrying about this crap.

Most of my posts on this board, regardless of what the blue font pontificator Mr. D might suggest, are in fact reactions to events or actions taken by this administration and I guess our POTUS believes some of the constitution is just plain crap.

I guess itís time to do a re-write.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When commenting on why he dropped the Doral location over flack over the emoluments clause in the constitution, he said the president should be able to run the country without worrying about this crap.

Most of my posts on this board, regardless of what the blue font pontificator Mr. D might suggest, are in fact reactions to events or actions taken by this administration and I guess our POTUS believes some of the constitution is just plain crap.

I guess itís time to do a re-write.
Regardless of your pontificating spin, I don't think Trump's "this" referred to the Constitution.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,385
So you claim I constantly post things that arenít true, yet you acknowledge personal take on things might differ, thanks for making my point. What I feel is true and what you feel is true can both be right based on point of view. I still feel in his opinion the clause in the constitution raising such a fuss on both sides was crap, because he wanted his property to host the event and he feels he as president should be allowed to govern as he feels fit. Itís his MO.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So you claim I constantly post things that arenít true, yet you acknowledge personal take on things might differ, thanks for making my point.

No, I didn't say you constantly post things that aren't true. I said you "just say stuff as if saying it made it true." And no, I'm not making your point. You're proving mine. You said that Trump "believes some of the constitution is just plain crap." You just said it, as if it were true, without any evidence that he believes that. He didn't specifically say it. Nor has he ever said it or implied it. You had no evident reason to do so.

What I feel is true and what you feel is true can both be right based on point of view. I still feel in his opinion the clause in the constitution raising such a fuss on both sides was crap, because he wanted his property to host the event and he feels he as president should be allowed to govern as he feels fit. Itís his MO.
You may "feel" that the Clause, in his opinion, was the reason for the fuss, but what evidence do you have that he had that opinion. Was it that because the Clause existed, it in and of itself was crap and that crap was being used to make a fuss about his wanting to host the event on his property, or was it that the Clause was being erroneously used to needlessly stir up the fuss. His legal staff had counseled him re hosting the G7 at Doral, and they didn't think there would be a conflict. Were they right or wrong--that would have been a good question to argue in the courts.

And you're doing it again. You're blatantly just saying his MO is to feel as President he should be allowed to govern as he feels fit. As if you have some authority on how he feels.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
No problem Trump is in the clear because the Emoluments Clause isn't real and George Washington had two desks and Obama inked a Netflix deal in 2018.
Thatís what he said today in public, though perhaps he was exaggerating.
Just making sure I'm understanding how he feels correctly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #6
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No problem Trump is in the clear because the Emoluments Clause isn't real and George Washington had two desks and Obama inked a Netflix deal in 2018.
That’s what he said today in public, though perhaps he was exaggerating.
Just making sure I'm understanding how he feels correctly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh "crap" here we go again. He obviously meant that using the Emoluments Clause in the Doral case was phony, not that the Clause itself is. I mean, come on, it would make no sense to say that something that obviously, without a doubt, irrefutably exists doesn't exist. He obviously knows the Clause exists, he made reference to it (for Pete's sake). You guys refuse to accept Trumpspeak. It's the way he talks. Clipped statements that often skip the rest of the idea.

There isn't universal agreement that the Emoluments Clause means that all businesses of a President must stop while in office. Surprise, surprise--I agree with the following article that the there is an over expansive understanding of the Clause. And that what Trump said (OK, what he meant) is correct. It is an earlier article re another case, but the analysis applies to Doral:

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/h...luments-clause
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #7
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
In your America the law is kinda, sorta followed because ya know, Trump didnít really mean that, he meant itís good, sort of, like.
If you actually listen to him youíll figure out that what Tillerson said is true.
Not kinda sorta.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #8
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In your America the law is kinda, sorta followed because ya know, Trump didnít really mean that, he meant itís good, sort of, like.
If you actually listen to him youíll figure out that what Tillerson said is true.
Not kinda sorta.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In other words, you got nothin'.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:18 AM   #9
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In other words, you got nothin'.
Your something is his words donít mean anything in English, but are in a special language that only his followers can comprehend.
I hear the Stable Genius was on Hannity last night, perhaps you will provide translation services for the linguistically challenged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #10
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

I said you "just say stuff as if saying it made it true."
he pontificates a lot....
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:17 AM   #11
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Your something is his words donít mean anything in English, but are in a special language that only his followers can comprehend.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #12
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
=Trump has spent more taxpayer money at his own resorts than any prior President took in salary in 8 years.

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #13
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
I give him credit for getting up and going to work every day while suffering relentless, mindless attacks from unhinged lunatics everywhere from congress to the mainstream media to the sb political threads daily(or in pete's case...hourly) since the first hours of his presidency......
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:21 AM   #14
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I give him credit for getting up and watching TV and tweeting every day while suffering relentless, mindless attacks from unhinged lunatics everywhere from congress to the mainstream media to the sb political threads daily(or in pete's case...hourly) since the first hours of his presidency......
Fixed it for you

Why he's getting lynched.....and what is the translation of that?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
So some day, if a Democrat becomes President and the Republicans win the House, even by a tiny margin, they can impeach the President, without due process or fairness or any legal rights. All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here - a lynching. But we will WIN!
7:52 AM ∑ Oct 22, 2019∑Twitter for iPhone

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #15
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
he's an effective multi-takser
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #16
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
I thought he was trying for the black sympathy vote.

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You may "feel" that the Clause, in his opinion, was the reason for the fuss, but what evidence do you have that he had that opinion. Was it that because the Clause existed, it in and of itself was crap and that crap was being used to make a fuss about his wanting to host the event on his property, or was it that the Clause was being erroneously used to needlessly stir up the fuss. His legal staff had counseled him re hosting the G7 at Doral, and they didn't think there would be a conflict. Were they right or wrong--that would have been a good question to argue in the courts.

And you're doing it again. You're blatantly just saying his MO is to feel as President he should be allowed to govern as he feels fit. As if you have some authority on how he feels.
When your defense of the location is my "legal" staff said it's ok, you are already behind the 8-ball, look at his own personal lawyer.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #18
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,647
Earlier on Tuesday, Russian military helicopters landed at the Tabqa airbase after US troops left, criticizing the use of inflammatory rhetoric. (Lynching) is of course seen by the Faithful as suffering relentless, mindless attacks from unhinged lunatics everywhere from congress to the mainstream media to the sb political threads..

COMPLETELY ignoring the person responsible for the headlines.... unless its a conspiracy theory the Right presents ..everything else is a Lie.. its sad to watch how well they play the victims but evryone else are Snowflakes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #19
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Earlier on Tuesday, Russian military helicopters landed at the Tabqa airbase after US troops left, criticizing the use of inflammatory rhetoric. (Lynching) is of course seen by the Faithful as suffering relentless, mindless attacks from unhinged lunatics everywhere from congress to the mainstream media to the sb political threads..

COMPLETELY ignoring the person responsible for the headlines.... unless its a conspiracy theory the Right presents ..everything else is a Lie.. its sad to watch how well they play the victims but evryone else are Snowflakes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is nuttier than a trump tweet
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When your defense of the location is my "legal" staff said it's ok, you are already behind the 8-ball, look at his own personal lawyer.
"no controlling legal authority"
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #21
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Trump claimed that he turned the Trump organization over to his sons, how is it that now it has become I and my resort?
Must be more of that Trump-speak with its vague and evolving interpretations
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #22
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Your something is his words donít mean anything in English, but are in a special language that only his followers can comprehend.
I hear the Stable Genius was on Hannity last night, perhaps you will provide translation services for the linguistically challenged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Further demonstrating that you got nothin'.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #23
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When your defense of the location is my "legal" staff said it's ok, you are already behind the 8-ball, look at his own personal lawyer.
Not sure what you're trying to say here. Perhaps you communicate in a sort of Got-Stripers-Speak.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #24
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump claimed that he turned the Trump organization over to his sons, how is it that now it has become I and my resort?
Must be more of that Trump-speak with its vague and evolving interpretations
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Even more got nothin's.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #25
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Even more got nothin's.
🍑
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #26
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
🍑
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Still nothin'.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #27
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,713
We'll see

The DC Circuit court just scheduled arguments in congressional Democrats' emoluments clause case against Trump for Dec. 9. The en banc 4th Circuit is already set to hear arguments in the emoluments case brought by DC/MD later that week, on Dec. 12.

I like presidents who donít need to be impeached and removed.
Moscow Agent Governing America
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #28
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,647
to use a Republican argument If Trump didn't do anything wrong with having the G7 meeting at His resort ... Why did he back out?

he's never cared what Dems or the media has said before

but he seems to care about this GOP lawmakers openly revolting against Trumpís Ďindefensibleí decision to hold G7 at his golf resort


but we know he is just getting picked on
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #29
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
to use a Republican argument If Trump didn't do anything wrong with having the G7 meeting at His resort ... Why did he back out?

Discretion is the better part of valor

he's never cared what Dems or the media has said before

Well, yeah, he has cared. He always responds. In any event, even if he never did, do you have something against a first time.

but he seems to care about this GOP lawmakers openly revolting against Trump’s ‘indefensible’ decision to hold G7 at his golf resort

I know anti-Trumpers think he is dumb. So you just couldn't conceive of him making a smart move. But it was smart. Not worth the trouble. Small potatoes. But I know for those with TDS every little thing he does is earth shakingly evil and must be investigated.

but we know he is just getting picked on
Well . . . not "just" . . . and not merely picking.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,385
Canít even imagine how you see that choice of venues a smart move, but I really think I will find your explanation amusing. The optics alone make it clear to me, he needs some better people advising him, but for his entire term itís just not his style to listen to experts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com