Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Faux News?

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what might be his most startling allegation against his former election opponent, Donald Trump on Wednesday accused Hillary Clinton of deliberately losing the 2016 election just so that he could be impeached.

“How could one of the most experienced politicians in history lose to the most unfit candidate ever?” Trump asked reporters. “Crooked Hillary lost on purpose because she wanted me to be impeached.”

Explaining Clinton’s motives for intentionally sabotaging her quest for an office she had coveted for decades, Trump said, “Hillary Clinton is more than a nasty woman. She is an evil woman, and her sick mind is capable of anything.”

Trump said that instead of reporting the “fake story” of his campaign’s collusion with the Russians, the media should focus on Clinton’s “diabolical scheme to lose the election.”

“I don’t know if Hillary Clinton lost the election on her own,” Trump said. “Maybe she asked the Russians to help her lose. But the fact is, Hillary Clinton deliberately plotted to put me in the White House, and the American people should be very angry about that.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Can it get any weirder, maybe he didn’t get his carb intake today.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
spence

If you're going to post satire at least let it be fresh.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Considering I speak fluent sarcasm.....
Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Weird all right...
Old 08-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Oooohhhhh, it will get more weird - from all points: self-inflicted, oppo-inflicted, and cats chasing laser pointers.

You can see that, right?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Oooohhhhh, it will get more weird - from all points: self-inflicted, oppo-inflicted, and cats chasing laser pointers.

You can see that, right?
Oh you bet, that was a retorical question, weird, wacky and crazy defines this administration.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Fresher
SACRAMENTO, California (The Borowitz Report)—Californians were baffled on Monday by a series of tweets by Donald J. Trump in which he utterly failed to blame the state’s current wildfires on Hillary Clinton.

In interviews with residents up and down the Golden State, Californians agreed with the assessment of Harland Dorrinson, a Modesto native, that Trump’s failure to pin the fires on Clinton was “nothing short of bizarre.”

“When he said that there wasn’t enough water to put out the fires, I naturally assumed he was going to accuse Hillary Clinton of sneaking into California and somehow stealing all of our water,” Dorrinson said. “It was so confusing when he didn’t.”

“I thought that the wildfires would be a perfect opportunity for Trump to accuse Hillary of being anti-water and pro-fire, but he didn’t even mention her,” Tracy Klugian, who lives in San Jose, said. “Maybe he’s really distracted by all this Russia stuff and he’s off his game.”

Carol Foyler, who lives in Monterey, said that Trump’s failure to accuse Hillary Clinton of single-handedly causing the wildfires left her shaken and appalled.

“At a time when many of us in California are suffering from historic wildfires, we look to the President of the United States to blame them on Hillary Clinton,” she said. “And he let us down.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #9
PaulS

here is another one:

Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Wednesday lamented that the "American we know and love doesn't exist anymore" because of demographic changes in the country that she blamed on illegal and legal immigration.

Ingraham was reacting to comments from Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who described in a recent podcast interview the way the country has changed over the past few decades, including the decline of the upper-middle class.

"She's kind of right in a general sense," Ingraham said after mocking Ocasio-Cortez's comments.

"In some parts of the country it does seem like the America we know and love doesn't exist anymore," Ingraham continued. "Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people. And they're changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don't like.

"Now much of this is related to both illegal and, in some cases, legal immigration that of course progressives love," she added.

Ingraham went on to argue that Democrats oppose enforcing immigration laws, which is harming the country. She called for improved border security, the end of sanctuary city policies and the closure of immigration loopholes.

"Remember the old Democrats - maybe some of them Ocasio-Cortez is referring to - they used to think that borders mattered," she said. "But the new activists believe enforcing immigration laws is essentially an ongoing human rights violation."

Ingraham's comments quickly went viral on social media, with some reporters and pundits accusing her of using white nationalist rhetoric.

Speak for yourself, and every other last gasp of a dying gen, @IngrahamAngle. WE love this country's diversity. https://t.co/2GijMcK6vA
- S.E. Cupp (@secupp) August 9, 2018

Laura Ingraham getting straight to the white nationalist red meat tonight https://t.co/bdRGAzz6bJ
- Brandon Wall (@Walldo) August 9, 2018

The swan song of white nationalism. https://t.co/a6aGFyQa6C
- Matt Pearce (@mattdpearce) August 9, 2018

President Trump has made cracking down on immigration a cornerstone of his administration. He has repeatedly called on Congress to pass stricter laws and has called the existing U.S. immigration policies the "worst" in the world.

The administration sparked bipartisan backlash when it implemented a "zero tolerance" policy for individuals who cross the border illegally. The policy led to the separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents.

Ingraham praised Trump in her remarks for bringing out "uncomfortable" truths about the country. She also said it was time for Congress to take action on immigration.

"The president can be so persuasive, so give us the whole truth, Mr. President, the good, the bad and, yes, the uncomfortable," she said.

"This is a national emergency, and he must demand that Congress act now. There is something slipping away in this country, and it's not about race or ethnicity. It's what was once a common understanding by both parties that American citizenship is a privilege, and one that at a minimum requires respect for the rule of law and loyalty to our constitution."