Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
fishbones

Not sure what's wrong with the tweet? He specified it was a Chevy Cruze "model", which is true. The hatchback is made in Mexico and sold in the U.S. You must really have quite the hard on for the president elect to look for so many reasons to post negatives about him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You must really have quite the hard on for the president elect to look for so many reasons to post negatives about him.
I guess I would say you must have quite the hard on for the President elect to ignore his constant lies.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess I would say you must have quite the hard on for the President elect to ignore his constant lies.
Nice try, Paul. Don't be ignorant and throw out a comment like that that you can't back up. Please show where I ignored one lie from Trump.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Nice try, Paul. Don't be ignorant and throw out a comment like that that you can't back up. Please show where I ignored one lie from Trump.
All Chevrolet Cruze sedans sold in the U.S. are built in GM's assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio," the company said in a statement sent to media outlets. "GM builds the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback for global markets in Mexico, with a small number sold in the U.S."

Of the 190,000 Cruzes sold in the US last year, 4,500 were hatchbacks made in Mexico.

Trump constantly lies and you're either ignorant (how is that?) or blind to not see that. I haven't seen any posts of your's discussing his constant lieing. Instead you have to insult someone for pointing out how he constantly lies.

Does this mean you are out of your lurking stage?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
fishbones

Quote:
Trump constantly lies and you're either ignorant (how is that?) or blind to not see that. I haven't seen any posts of your's discussing his constant lieing. Instead you have to insult someone for pointing out how he constantly lies.

Does this mean you are out of your lurking stage?
Could you please point out where I ever posted anything about him not being a liar? I'm not a Trump apologist, but in this case I don't see where he lied about the vehicles being made in Mexico and sold in the US?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Could you please point out where I ever posted anything about him not being a liar?no, you didn't claim he wasn't a liar - nor did you ever comment on his lies. I'm not a Trump apologist, but in this case I don't see where he lied about the vehicles being made in Mexico and sold in the US?
He constantly mistates the facts. As I posted above 4,500 hatchbacks out of 190,000 Cruze sold in the US where made in Mexico.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
I'm not a politics guy. But you supported Hillary and she has been telling those lies for 30+ years. Even under oath. So if that was ok. TRUMP has a long way to go to catch up. Fair is fair.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
I'm not a politics guy. But you supported Hillary and she has been telling those lies for 30+ years. Even under oath. So if that was ok. TRUMP has a long way to go to catch up. Fair is fair.
Post up some of those lies and I'll post up lies by Trump and we can see who has more.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Post up some of those lies and I'll post up lies by Trump and we can see who has more.
"Post up some of those lies "

Really? You have no idea what he's referring to?

Paul, honesty, character, and integrity were totally absent from the ballot last year. If it makes you feel better to know that you can find a website that gives Trump a worse "liar liar pants on fire" rating than she gets, good for you.

They are both disgusting.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Post up some of those lies "

Really? You have no idea what he's referring to?

Paul, honesty, character, and integrity were totally absent from the ballot last year. If it makes you feel better to know that you can find a website that gives Trump a worse "liar liar pants on fire" rating than she gets, good for you.

They are both disgusting.
I have an idea what Tom is refering to. Taking her lies over 30 years and comparing them to his lies over 12 months (and his being Pres. elect.) and trying to say she lies more is crazy. And I don't think her lies where "ok". I never defended her with the emails. Almost every tweet he makes is never 100% accurate if he tries stating a fact.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #11
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
30 years worth he has a long way to go. It amazes me how many people forget about all the crap the Clintons have done. And it's like no big deal. But realistically we all know when Billary's lips are moving she is lying.

Was just poking fun and stirring the pot a little But obviously struck a nerve. I'm more worried about spring fishing than politics.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish;1114712
Was just poking fun and stirring the pot a little But obviously struck a nerve. I'm more worried about spring fishing than politics.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
No nerves at all. Things just come across differently online. I still love you Tom.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #13
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
No nerves at all. Things just come across differently online. I still love you Tom.

Lol. Thanks Paul.