Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Stripers Coming North

Ran over a couple schools of bass running the boat from Westport to Seconet Point Saturday, both times flipped around hoping to pop a couple with some rubber but no takers. Picked up some schoolies off the rocks, couple fish in the 25 inch range, but not numbers at all.

What a difference the canvass makes running this time of year, that is going to get me in earlier and have me staying later for sure. Did a repeat on Sunday, but brought some green crabs to bring home some Tatog for diner, probably right up there next to black sea bass and fluke when quick fried in panko.

Great to get back out on the water and get my rod bent, looking forward to that first large.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Chumming for Tog

This past Sunday, I was anchored up to a commercial guy, who was crushing mussles and chumming every 10 minutes or so with the crushed mix I could hear him making in a bucket by stepping on the mussles. He was hauling tog one after the other and my casts not more than 20 feet from his weren't getting much action at all. It wasn't until I anchored up below him that I was finally able to boat some tog. I'll definately have to try that, assuming there aren't any regulations prohibiting me from grabbing some off the bridge pilings before a trip.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Not to be a ball buster but it's "Sakonnet Point".

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote