Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

People are crazy

I won I bidding war over a piece of property I wanted to buy a few month ago. Their was at least 5 other investors going after it. So I won this one. Sometimes you win somtimes you lose...no big deal right? ..right

I get a call today from one of the other biders he acts like he wants to rent a unit, but his tone is weird. So I am trying to get off the phone and he goes off. Telling me I screwed him and he is going to come to my office and smash my head in with a baseball bat. He rants for a few minutes then apologizes and hangs up the phone. I sit their for a few minutes wondering what the heck to do. Then I just started laughing... It is true people are crazy.

Merry Christmass boys .
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
spence

Lock all your doors for 4 weeks. If you see anything strange call BigFish and offer him pluggage for protection

Seriously, that would freak me out. He probably just lost his cool but keep an eye out.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Walk softly.....and carry a heavy casting rod with a 4 ounce Hopkins on the line!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Walk softly.....and carry a heavy casting rod with a 4 ounce Hopkins on the line!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Raven

Arrow something else might happen

like strange un-expected property damage....
to your car...flat tires...broken glass...

the guy is a bad sport....plain and simple
and or a NUT

i'd report it just in case...so at least the police
have a suspect in mind.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
2na

I'm in the landlord biz south of Boston and get threatened on a regular basis. The second the incident is over, whether it is a phone call or face-to-face, I file a report. How well do you know this guy? Just from this transaction? Are you sure he was joking? CYA - file a report, or at least speak with a lawyer, or if you have a buddy who's a cop, ask him to find out about the guy.

In this day and age you'd best be wary.
2na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
thortum

I would notify police just to have the threat on record in case you have to defend your self. At least they could assume that he was the aggresser. Also-carry a BIG STICK!
thortum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #8
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
I won I bidding war over a piece of property I wanted to buy a few month ago. Their was at least 5 other investors going after it. So I won this one. Sometimes you win somtimes you lose...no big deal right? ..right

I get a call today from one of the other biders he acts like he wants to rent a unit, but his tone is weird. So I am trying to get off the phone and he goes off. Telling me I screwed him and he is going to come to my office and smash my head in with a baseball bat. He rants for a few minutes then apologizes and hangs up the phone. I sit their for a few minutes wondering what the heck to do. Then I just started laughing... It is true people are crazy.

Merry Christmass boys .

Call the police and file a report.

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #9
Redsoxticket

I know of a investor that has these exact crazy attributes.
first initial begin with R, sometimes B ?
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
Duke41
got gas?

what?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #11
Redsoxticket

Forget about it.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #12
Sluggoslinger

Similar thing happened to my father a while ago. He went to the police about it and filed a report. He also talked to our neighbor who is a judge. The judge looked into it and found that the cop did nothing about it and had it checked up on. Turns out the cop was friends with the guy who threatened my father and blew it off. When the judge didn't find anything on record the cop got spoken to and came to our house and threatened my father about going over his head. When my father explained that he was just talking to a friend who happened to be a judge the cop was all appoligies.

Talk about a f'd up system. It gets my blood boiling just thinking about it again. Protect and serve my a$$!!!
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
Joe

A lot of guys would get him first just to be on the safe side.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
A lot of guys would get him first just to be on the safe side.
The old pre-emptive strike ploy. Works. Proves you're nuttier that he is. Scares the Sh*t outa minor leaguers. Ahh, but that was then this is now. File a report. You need to do your paper work in this crappy world.....

Ok another thought and edit. Call him back and ask if his apology was sincere. Tell him that you felt threatened and may file a report. You just want to get it straight and that this is a stressful time of year. And oh, yeah, you still live ar 6969 Dipsh*t Ave.,right?

Last edited by Backbeach Jake; 12-20-2006 at 07:03 PM..

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #15
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggoslinger View Post
Similar thing happened to my father a while ago. He went to the police about it and filed a report. He also talked to our neighbor who is a judge. The judge looked into it and found that the cop did nothing about it and had it checked up on. Turns out the cop was friends with the guy who threatened my father and blew it off. When the judge didn't find anything on record the cop got spoken to and came to our house and threatened my father about going over his head. When my father explained that he was just talking to a friend who happened to be a judge the cop was all appoligies.

Talk about a f'd up system. It gets my blood boiling just thinking about it again. Protect and serve my a$$!!!
Dam right the system is f'ed up, in my exp., cops don't want to be bothered to help..Lost all my faith in them, sometimes afraid to call them...Not right at all/

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
striperman36
Old Guy

Is it that idiot in Little Compton/Tiverton? I have had issues with him too!!! The dude never wants to do anything legally
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #17
Mr.Mom
Diaper Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggoslinger View Post

I'm going to assume he got suspended for that....

Duke I'd file a report with the police...you can ask the officer you speak with for the case number...that number stays on the report and verifies it was entered in the system....it's also handy for your Lawyer if it goes that far.....

This time of year people that are near the edge can snap.....play it safe, %$%$%$%$ happens everyday.......
Mr.Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #18
PaulS

Duke, when he ranted and then apologized, did you really feel threatened. If so, go to the police. If not, let it go. We all have gone off, realized we screwed up and apologized. Good luck.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #19
chris L

Im more of an offensive guy ( I will shower next year ) . I would attack him with a bat before he comes at me . getting his address is easy enough ( public information ) . bash his freaking head in and he wont bother you again ( or anyone else ) .
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #20
BW from AZ

You mean you can actualy talk to a cop in person still? in phx they use a phone to take a burgulary, theft, threat, report, no prints, or crime scene for a home owner. best one lately was a woman gets ripped off in an house rental scam, cops couldn't find the guy, she set up her own sting to get the crook and invited the police and news. she does the work, they make the bust after he was put in their laps.
BW from AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #21
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

If his habadasher is the same one Spence uses I wouldn't worry. Guys who wear pink generally aren't ruffians!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #22
harritchate

Send a message via AIM to harritchate
i agree with chris L but maybe its because im 21 years old 6'2" and 260 lbs... but i would bring friends and make it very public
harritchate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
Duke41
got gas?

well I am still alive knock on wood.