Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2022, 08:32 PM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

So is the claim that we were winning “the war on drugs” and now we are not?
Better ask Don Jr
Don Jr. is obviously now doing coke while binge drinking.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-26-2022, 10:15 PM   #122
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So what's the message exactly we are being invaded by mexicans

No, that is not the message that I specifically pointed to, and you couldn't have missed if you had watched the video--it's not that long and the message is strongly and clearly delivered. I unequivocally pointed to it with my intro to the video: "Ukraine's border is more important than ours. Ukraine's national sovereignty is more important than ours. It is more important to protect Ukraine's border than it is to protect ours", and I further clarified it in a following response to you "He makes a very revealing comparison of Biden Administration views on Ukraine's border [with its views on] the U.S. border.

No way you could have missed that and then wandered into some goofy phantasy bouncing around in your slow on the take brain. You're smarter than that. Take another quick look. You'll see Biden's somewhat confounding views on borders.

its the same old story people like you on the Right crying
No, not the same story. It's a different take. And I'm not shedding any tears about it. If posting opinions and videos of someone sharing them is "crying," then you sure do a lot of sobbing yourself.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-26-2022 at 10:20 PM..
Old 01-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #123
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are right, part of the reason the GOP opposes illegal immigration, is that it helps them politically.

DO you deny that part of the reason that Democrats are OK with illegal immigration, is seeking political advantage? The democrats want to turn TX blue. more conservatives talking points shocking , so mexicans or illigals only live in TEXAS .. texas will turn Purple on its own by people moving to the state .. internal migration

But as always with you, it's only bad when republicans do it.

massive illegal immigration also reduces wages. supply and demand. it hurts poor americans. another lie can you ever tell the Truth

let me Guess Cape cod or another seasonal on the east coast needs the below Visa works ... why would that Be Jim where are all the americans who want to work these Jobs you live in a fantasy world AMERICAN BUSINESS need and what these workers but your just to the truth

H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker
Old 01-27-2022, 08:50 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
let me Guess Cape cod or another seasonal on the east coast needs the below Visa works ... why would that Be Jim where are all the americans who want to work these Jobs you live in a fantasy world AMERICAN BUSINESS need and what these workers but your just to the truth

H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker
They can get it legally Wayne. Legally. That's legal immigration you are referring to. We were talking about illegal immigration. Two very different things.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-27-2022 at 09:01 AM..
Old 01-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
another lie can you ever tell the Truth
Millions and millions of unskilled, penniless illegal immigrants cross the border, willing to work under the table for less than minimum wage. You're saying that doesn't decrease wages?

Wayne, what's the most prominent job you've ever had in the private sector? When you say I'm wrong, what experience are you relying on, to make that statement? I'm very very curious from where you get your knowledge of free market economics.

Have you ever worked in the private sector? Because you know less than nothing about supply and demand, and that's first-day economics 101.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:13 AM   #126
wdmso

Quote:
how can you say that millions of
illegals ( who dont pay taxes, but whose kids need to go to school, who need subsidized housing and healthcare) arent a financial strain?

who dont pay taxes, illegals dont pay taxes they dont buy things or pay rent?

What percentage of the population pays no income tax?
In total, about 42.9 percent of U.S. households paid income tax in 2021. The remaining 57.1 percent of households paid no individual income tax.

But but let's blame immigrants ...

you seem to misrepresent my position on Illegal immigration

So let me clarify it . those caught entering the US Illegally should be deported and they Are But I am a realist Illegal immigration ebbs and flows yet only conservatives suggest its a problem when they run for office or reelection it's all lip service . once in office they refuse to fix a problem they insist is happening so they can use it the next election cycle

case in Point As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

But in the Conservative World actual facts do not play well with the Base so they just make up their own Facts
Old 01-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #127
wdmso

Quote:
They can get it legally Wayne. Legally. That's legal immigration you are referring to. We were talking about illegal immigration. Two very different things.
the Above is the only immigration the last administration stopped

your illegal arguments are Just a red herring .. manufactured talking point designed to outrage a Simpleton base who wouldn't work a job an illegal does , and has never lost a Job to an Illegal!

But yet they are convinced their the reason why their tax bill went up or their health insurance premium went up !

But in reality with out both legal and illegal most of America produce and meats would cost more

These U.S. industries can't work without illegal immigrants

In 2017 research conducted by the Cornell Farmworker Program, 30 New York dairy farmers told us they turned to undocumented workers because they were unable to find and keep reliable U.S. citizens to do the jobs. That's in part because farm work can be physically demanding, dirty and socially denigrated work.

And national polling backs this up. A 2016 Pew poll found that 76 percent believe undocumented immigrants are as honest and hard-working as U.S. citizens, while 71 percent said they mostly fill jobs that Americans aren't willing to do.

But only in the Conservative echo chambers these Truths are absent
Old 01-27-2022, 09:25 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
who dont pay taxes, illegals dont pay taxes they dont buy things or pay rent?

What percentage of the population pays no income tax?
In total, about 42.9 percent of U.S. households paid income tax in 2021. The remaining 57.1 percent of households paid no individual income tax.

But but let's blame immigrants ...

you seem to misrepresent my position on Illegal immigration

So let me clarify it . those caught entering the US Illegally should be deported and they Are But I am a realist Illegal immigration ebbs and flows yet only conservatives suggest its a problem when they run for office or reelection it's all lip service . once in office they refuse to fix a problem they insist is happening so they can use it the next election cycle

case in Point As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

But in the Conservative World actual facts do not play well with the Base so they just make up their own Facts
they don’t pay federal income tax many times. they don’t pay social
security taxes. because they don’t have a social security number. because they aren’t legal.

many are not deported. if they are caught, they are usually released as long as they promise to appear in court. which they promise, but then donT show up.

can you please post something, which says that all
illlegals are deported when caught?
Old 01-27-2022, 09:41 AM   #129
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Literally the basis for so called "Sanctuary Cities" is to keep illegal immigrants from being turned over to INS.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:47 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Literally the basis for so called "Sanctuary Cities" is to keep illegal immigrants from being turned over to INS.
Somehow, he’ll disagree.

correction, sanctuary cities are specifically for the illegals who then commit additional crimes here. why wouldn’t we want to keep
those folks here?

Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #131
detbuch

https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-...IrZo3m%2BAD%2F
Old 04-01-2022, 04:20 PM   #132
detbuch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...07e173fa846b72
Old 04-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
exactly what he needs, another unpopular policy flop.