Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 02-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
JFigliuolo

RI/MA COVID VACCINE AVAILABILITY PSA

CVS release a big bunch of appts this morning. RI is filling up slowly, so if anyone is in need get in there ASAP. MA is filling up faster...

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
JFigliuolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Thanks Joe. We are getting the 1st shot at 2 today thru my Oncologist.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
Clammer

Thumbs up

THANKS jOE

we got ours today in Cranston …..the N/G is doing a excellent job .very well organized

2nd shot on march 17th .that should be interesting ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:38 PM   #4
Nebe

I ate 3 my system wieners today. I think I’m vaccinated now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:09 AM   #5
Guppy
User

Thanks Joe
The wife CVS tomorrow
I’m a no can do until 2/19....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
DZ

In the application process do they go by actual birth date or birth year?
Not 65 until August.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
In the application process do they go by actual birth date or birth year?
Not 65 until August.
Not sure Dennis. We are over 65 but got pushed to the front on my Oncologist recommendation.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I'm probably going to need to revise my strategy, as getting in line through the mass site is ridiculous, I had over 125,000 ahead of me for 1 available appointment in Dartmouth early this morning. I think to get one, I'm going to have to get up a 1am in the morning to attempt to get one when next weeks appointments are released.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #9
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

I heard on Sports radio, 98.5, that the wait time on the website was 6000 minutes, yes 6000 minutes.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I was trying for my MIL. Got a place in line. Over an hour wait was on the screen and 24000 ahead of me.... I disconnected without filling in anything, not that I was prompted to. We are just going to wait until it settles down I guess. Not traveling anywhere as it was a real hassle getting her to a doctor the other day with oxygen tank on a two wheeler. Takes both of us. I am the chauffeur, as I don't speak Polish and that is all she will speak when stressed or panicked.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #11
wdmso

I went Thru Bristol community college for my Mom then when she got a confirmation email for her 2nd dose I was able to link my 1st dose with her appointment, seeing I was bringing her , it’s was easy once I figured out. I had to use the same link in her email to see the caretaker choice in the drop down menus
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #12
Guppy
User

As I’ve mentioned before I can’t get it because of an upcoming procedure,,,
Soooo,,, I gets another call today to show up Saturday in Hyannis for a shot! Second one I’ve turned down.. :-(
When it rains it pours! :-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:26 PM   #13
fishbones

Has anyone been trying to get it at Gillette? One of my friends helps administer the vaccine there and they’ve had nights where they had leftover shots that had to be thrown away. They’re doing Moderna there.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #14
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

I've heard that some places have a "Standby" list.... For whatever reason, some people don't keep their appointments....as this happens, they start to call the people on the "Standby list"...I believe they only have about 15 minutes to arrive onsite, if they miss that window...they call the next person. I believe places like Walgreens, etc are offering this "standyby" thing... I found out too late about the "care-giver" opportunity... both my parents have already had shot #1, I set them up...had I known,

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #15
PaulS

Good luck everyone!
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #16
scottw

registered my 80 something Dad over a week ago with the town of Bristol(RI), got a confirmation email...didn't hear anything all week...finally called yesterday...the woman that answered asked..."how does Saturday sound?"....had to provide all of the information that was already provided when I "registered" him, I guess, be persistent as there seems to be a lot of disconnect, if we hadn't called he might still be waiting...feel very fortunate to have been able to actually talk to someone and get him set up given the stories here and elsewhere
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #17
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Be careful with the 2nd appointment.... make sure you get a copy of your confirmation number once the appointment is made.
I know someone battling that issue now... he doesn't have proof that the second appointment was made, it had been done over the phone...they provided the date, time and confirmation number, he didn't record the number. He showed up on time, but he couldn't confirm the number, he never wrote it down? When they checked the record of him receiving the first shot, they couldn't find confirmation of him registering for the 2nd shot??
He's in a bit of a spot right now...

Copied from a reputable website: Am I still protected against COVID-19 if I get my second shot after the 3-week or 4-week window?
It is important to stay as close to the 3-week or 4-week window as you can. This will give you the best chance of building the strongest immunity to COVID-19.

But if it is truly impossible for you to stay within the recommended window, the current guidelines state that you can get your second vaccine up to 6 weeks after the first. This goes for either vaccine. We have limited data on immunity outside of the 6-week mark, however, so getting it as close as possible to the recommended time frame is best.

If I miss the window to get the second shot of the COVID-19 vaccine, do I need to start the whole process over again?
No. Even though there is limited data outside of the 6-week mark, it is not recommended that you restart the whole series. This could change in the future as we learn more. For now, get your second vaccine as soon as you can after the 3- or 4-week mark.

How will I know when it’s time for my second COVID-19 vaccine shot?
The ideal time frame between the first and second Pfizer vaccines is 21 days. For the Moderna vaccines, it’s 28 days.

It’s very important to check with your vaccine site or local health department about scheduling your second vaccine, because different sites are handling scheduling differently. Some places are automatically scheduling patients for their second vaccine when they sign up for the first vaccine. Some places require you to schedule for yourself online. Other sites are giving patients a follow-up appointment when they get the first vaccine.

Being proactive will help ensure that you complete your vaccine series

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #18
Clammer

Thumbs up

with the N/G running things .we left with the 2nd date already confirmed ...when we got home we both had e/ms with the information that we provided going into the 1st shot .the total history of the the 1st visit ….which shot we received it .where/ what time & confirming [again] the 2nd shot / date /time & place.. gotts say top notch ……..not like when I was in the guards.back then you were better to jump off a bridge with pins laying around on the bottom ><> oh my daughter made calls on Monday & we could have gone Tuesday but had had a appointment out od state .. so we went weds ><><.

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:32 PM   #19
Ian
Idiot

Hey guys, standby lists are real things. Go to the largest site around you and ask how they handle extras at the end of the day. Some do call lists, some do lines, many have significant extras at the end of each day.

Focus on days with bad weather.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Hey guys, standby lists are real things. Go to the largest site around you and ask how they handle extras at the end of the day. Some do call lists, some do lines, many have significant extras at the end of each day.

Focus on days with bad weather.

Age requirements for the Standby? And how do you do the second dose?

This is good info.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #21
PaulS

In Conn. when you get your 1st shot they automatically give you the appt. for the 2nd shot.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #22
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
In Conn. when you get your 1st shot they automatically give you the appt. for the 2nd shot.
RI also!

Old 03-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #23
wdmso

Well It seems Covid vaccine in Mass has stalled the state does not have enough vaccine my Moms 2nd got pushed back a week my 1st scheduled shot which was a caregiver shot was canceled, only to find out they are only available at the 4 Mass vaccine sites in the state , but the website let me register where my mom got her shot.. got email confirmation.... just more bait a switch , Even the VA is putting out mixed messages , Frustrating
Old 03-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #24
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Age requirements for the Standby? And how do you do the second dose?

This is good info.
Sorry, meant to keep tabs on this thread but didn’t.

No age requirements for the list, mostly they want to make sure that regardless of weather/etc you can be there in under 30 minutes... (they have spares at the end of their day and don’t want to stay late)

The way this works is that you’re basically getting someone’s dose, so you get their second dose automatically too... essentially once you’re in you’re in.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #25
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
If anyone in MA is needing help get an appointment, I've been able to successfully help 31 people get an appointment. Pretty much just a lot of refreshing and grabbing what I can. Willing to help if anyone needs it

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:28 AM   #26
wdmso

If your a Veteran you can call the VA in Boston ask for the Covid vaccine appointment line , it’s not listed on their website ? that what I need to do i am 55 but you must be enrolled in VA healthcare system
Old 03-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thanks to JFigs PSA, I was able to get my MIL her first shot of vaccine on 3/5 at local CVS. Thanks again, Joe.
I was contacted via text by hospital group that did my knee replacement and was able to schedule mine for 3/29 at a fairly local Legion Post.
Today I was contacted by email, this time by my PCPs group, and was able to move up to 3/20 at their offices two towns over. And I then canceled my previously scheduled appointment. I figured, why not get it moved up nine days?
So it seems that appointments are opening up more and more as time passes. The stress is going down collectively, in my opinion as we move through this stage of crisis. Kind of like the toilet paper shortage came and went.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #28
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Getting our 2nd Wednesday.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We are scheduled for our first on the 1st and 2nd of April.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #30
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Gillette should have open spots today. Lots of cancellations due to weather.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote