Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Youth have it so tough

Below was posted by a Facebook friend and when I hear about the young just refusing to wear a mask, or see the rants from people in stores refusing to follow the rule to enter, I thought this was so appropriate.

Imagine you were born in 1900.

When you're 14, World War I begins and ends when you're 18 with 22 million dead.

Soon the SpanishFlu appears, killing 50 million people. And you're alive, 20 years old.

When you're 29 you survive the global economiccrisis with the collapse of New York Stock Exchange, causing inflation, unemployment and famine.

When you're 33 years old the nazis come to power.

When you're 39, World War II begins and ends when you're 45 years old with a 60 million dead. In the Holocaust 6 million Jews die.

At 52, Korean War begins. At 64, Vietnam War begins and ends when you're 75.

A child born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is.

Today we have all the comforts in a new world, amid a new #pandemic. But we complain because we need to wear masks. We complain because we must stay confined to our homes where we have food, electricity, water, wifi, Netflix! None of that existed back in the day. But humanity survived those circumstances and never lost their joy of living.

Thankful for what we have.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

They also lose their chit because someone said something “Mean”

Guess they didn’t have to issue trigger warnings back then either
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 07-14-2020 at 03:24 PM..
Old 07-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

Sure seems like it’s not just the youth who are complaining ��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-14-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Sure seems like it’s not just the youth who are complaining ��
You bet your arse, the state of our country today is due to a piss poor federal response to a global heath crisis and now the messaging from the top is just downright criminal and WILL cost American lives that need not be lost. You of course wear your MAGA hat proudly, lives don’t matter, it’s more important your rights mean more than others.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

All lives matter and we are all equal so I don’t know where you get your fables from. What rights exactly are you talking about? Accusations such as the above show a lack of intellect and demonstrate my point perfectly. Keep making stuff up.
Thank You

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-14-2020, 10:05 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile Trump just said "The liberals wouldn't mind if people came and blew up our cities."

That just happened.

On television.

Tweety is totally delusional, zero connection to reality.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:47 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
All lives matter and we are all equal so I don’t know where you get your fables from. What rights exactly are you talking about? Accusations such as the above show a lack of intellect and demonstrate my point perfectly. Keep making stuff up.
Thank You
Must be getting hard to defend the indefensible, it’s going to be a hard couple months for you, drinking heavily would be my advice.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:41 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Meanwhile Trump just said "The liberals wouldn't mind if people came and blew up our cities."

That just happened.

On television.

Tweety is totally delusional, zero connection to reality.
that's actually not the quote..."We got the travel ban. We lost in the Ninth Circuit, we lost again in the Ninth Circuit, and then we won in the Supreme Court. We have a very strong travel ban. And we don’t want people that are going to come in and blow up our cities, do things. And, frankly, with the — with the liberal Democrats running the cities that we do have, where they do have problems, maybe they wouldn’t mind. But I would mind, and the people of this country mind."

democrats and the marxist left are doing a find job destroying our cities and are proving that they could care less about the physical destruction or the lives of the people there.... I think this was his very valid point
Old 07-15-2020, 05:42 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

drinking heavily would be my advice.
always great advice....
Old 07-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Must be getting hard to defend the indefensible, it’s going to be a hard couple months for you, drinking heavily would be my advice.
This is a nice sound bite
Please tell me which of my rights mean more than others.....
You wrote it
Or were you not thinking clearly

Did somebody borrow your tablet again?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #11
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
always great advice....
#BeBestestes

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 07-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that's actually not the quote..."We got the travel ban. We lost in the Ninth Circuit, we lost again in the Ninth Circuit, and then we won in the Supreme Court. We have a very strong travel ban. And we don’t want people that are going to come in and blow up our cities, do things. And, frankly, with the — with the liberal Democrats running the cities that we do have, where they do have problems, maybe they wouldn’t mind. But I would mind, and the people of this country mind."

democrats and the marxist left are doing a find job destroying our cities and are proving that they could care less about the physical destruction or the lives of the people there.... I think this was his very valid point
Oddly it turns out that all this trauma is going on during Corona Dons maladministration.
And it’s a plot to ruin him by the deep state, Fauci, leakers in his administration and his own family.
Most developed nations have made it thru Corona and are now moving toward normalcy, having never claimed it was a hoax, plot, the result of too much testing or just the flu.
Tweety tried to turn the focus from his plague failure to him being the law and order man.
I called it weeks ago.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Thank You
Your rights targeted anyone who feels they have the right to not wear a mask and enter establishments requiring them, so if you fit that description it applies to you also, if not take a chill pill and relax.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Your rights targeted anyone who feels they have the right to not wear a mask and enter establishments requiring them, so if you fit that description it applies to you also, .
huh???
Old 07-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
huh???
No coffee to clear the cob webs, started with showing the poor youth or the GOP minions who refuse to wear a mask or rant about their right to go into business without one what hard times really look like. Youth of today are clueless about what hard times are. I confused SD and apparently you with suggesting just like these idiots have the right to not wear a mask, business owners have the right to refuse them entry, their rights don’t supersede anyone else. I thought you guys were better at following, didn’t think I needed to change the font to blue and go all Detbuch on you.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Your rights targeted anyone who feels they have the right to not wear a mask and enter establishments requiring them, so if you fit that description it applies to you also, if not take a chill pill and relax.
OK Hero
Stop making stuff up if you have no intelligent response to an ill conceived rant gone dopey and we will be fine.👌

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
OK Hero
Stop making stuff up if you have no intelligent response to an ill conceived rant gone dopey and we will be fine.👌
No seriously you can’t make this stuff up, like the administration wanting all convid hospitalization info coming to them and NOT the CDC, because they know best how to analyze and truthfully relay that🤮.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:25 AM   #18
RickBomba

Quote:
No seriously you can’t make this stuff up, like the administration wanting all convid hospitalization info coming to them and NOT the CDC, because they know best how to analyze and truthfully relay that🤮.
This will all be over in 110 days.

Then this forum can go back to the right, and I won’t check in again for another 3 1/2 years.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:

No seriously you can’t make this stuff up, like the administration wanting all convid hospitalization

classic!
Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 AM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

One-in-three children tested for the new coronavirus in Florida has been positive, and a South Florida health official is concerned the disease could cause lifelong damage even for children with mild illness.

I love “making” up stuff to point out the irresponsible handling of this heath crisis by the administration and the governors following his marching orders. But hey put those kids back in school, future health issues are NOT Trumps concern, thankfully our states governor has been listening to science and not Trump.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:40 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

thankfully our states governor has been listening to science and not Trump.
deaths per million pop

New Jersey 1,768
New York 1,670
Mass 1,214
RI 932
Fla 210

still time to catch up though!

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 07-16-2020 at 07:14 AM..
Old 07-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Let’s hope not the last thing we need is to be another Florida