Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
wader-dad

CT Surfcasters Surf Fishing Show and Demo Day January 20th

Guys a personal invite to all of you to come to our Show January 20th at the Clinton Town Hall- same place as last few years. It is a small show but worth the drive. I never talked to anyone who did not enjoy the sale tables, the commercial vendors and the good food. Looks like a cold winter and will be good to get out and see some pals- its the closest thing to fishing.

In addition to a great lineup of commercial plug builders, some CSA members you know from plugfests will be selling plugs you can't get anywhere else. These are some details:

The Connecticut Surfcasters Association's Surf Fishing Show and Demo Day is back January 20th - Clinton Town Hall 9:00 am to 1:00. Connecticut’s top Surfcasters show features:

• CSA club members with be providing hands-on demonstrations and seminars of a variety of surf fishing tactics, tips and tricks throughout the day.

• There will be custom plug builders and commercial tackle representatives on hand showing the products they make specific to surf fishing

• Members will have tables selling custom plugs, rods, reels and other new and used surfcasting tackle at the really low prices that have drawn guys from Maine to New Jersey. In the past members have sold Hab's, GRS, Wood Musso, Beachmasters, Fixters, Pichney, and other collectible and vintage plugs and gear. Plugs built by CSA club members and not for sale anywhere else such as by Billy D and Jay Hanecak.

• Great food made by Club Members - always a hit.

• Seminars full of good and helpful information

A list of commercial exhibitors as of December 29:

24-7 Lures
Goo Goo Man
Frank Goncalves
Guy Cotten Surf tops
3-Tand/Zeebaas/Hansome Tackle
Al Gags
Flatlander Surf Bags
Lamiglas Rods
Fatty Lures
Washed Ashore Plugs
High Hook Lures
Guppy Lure Company
Bold Coast Burns
Van Staal
Cobra Baits
Joe Baggs Bucktails
Tsunami
Stormr
Tank Surfcasting
Fiberstar Composites

Seminars include Billy DiLizio and john Martinez from FiberStar rods on choice of rods and rod layouts. Also Matt LeJeune on Beginning Surfcasting and maximizing time on the shore. Check back for more speakers and Demonstrations.

A five dollar suggested donation to the CSA will be collected at the door. The event will not open to the public until 9:00am which is earlier than in prior years.

The event is open to the public so feel free to bring your friends, kids, wives, father-the event is a great remedy for cabin fever. It is a great atmosphere where all aspects of surf fishing are covered. Its a good time to see and meet friends.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
wader-dad

Also Mike's Custom Plugs
Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
trevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
Also Mike's Custom Plugs
mike is just showing his plugs not selling his plugs I believe.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #4
wader-dad

Update- Dave Anderson is going to have a table and bringing some great plugs- also Fish on 8 Custom Plugs is coming.

Billy D is bringing some nice new needles, his stubby skin needles and a limited number of Pikies. I think Jay Hanecak is selling some plugs-

The weather looks good for a drive. Doors open at 9 am you can come and be home for the afternoon.

Come see me at my table. Selling some Fixter, Beachmaster, Lordship, many other plugs cheap.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Hardcore

I’ll be there!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
wader-dad

Flyer- shows seminars and more vendors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Demo-Day-Flyer 2018.pdf (683.6 KB, 38 views)