Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
wdmso

Trump calls press enemy of the people

Here we go again >>> look forwarded to how some are going to convince us this is just another nothing burger

Lets use the Maxine waters standard That the right uses to say she was inciting violence.. to evaluate what Trump said FYI the POTUS ..

Last edited by wdmso; 06-30-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 06-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't know what he said but are you saying he is not entitled to his own opinion because he is President? Is this something he should be impeached for?

The press should stick to reporting and not propaganda and antagonizing. They used to be Journalists but something happened years ago.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:23 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I don't know what he said but are you saying he is not entitled to his own opinion because he is President? Is this something he should be impeached for?

The press should stick to reporting and not propaganda and antagonizing. They used to be Journalists but something happened years ago.
its funny the thread about the new justice is booming with giddy glee from Trump lovers ...

But him calling the press the enemy of the people and I get one excuses

"I don't know what he said but are you saying he is not entitled to his own opinion because he is President?"

Really I told you what he said??? you just dont care and clearly have a View of America that lacks a historical view ....
Old 07-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
Jim in CT

He should not be using that language. He should tell the truth, which is that most of them are shameless, ideological, elitist liars. But he can’t show diplomacy to his opponents, he’s not mature enough. Wdmso, I don’t know who you think the trump apologists are here, but there aren’t many here. When he does something I like i say so, and when he acts like a horses ass, many non-liberals here will say so. It’s the lefties here who cannot ever, ever criticize their own ranks. Maybe you have this confused with another site.

As to Maxine Waters, I love her, and hope she runs for president. Every time she opens her big, fat, disgusting, red mouth, money gets donated to the Gop. She’s probably doing more good for conservatism that Charles Krauthammer ever did.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Wdmso, he also said yesterday that journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked. I see you left that part out. I wonder why.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
its funny the thread about the new justice is booming with giddy glee from Trump lovers ...

But him calling the press the enemy of the people and I get one excuses

"I don't know what he said but are you saying he is not entitled to his own opinion because he is President?"

Really I told you what he said??? you just dont care and clearly have a View of America that lacks a historical view ....
His exaggerations do not surprise me at all, the country elected Archie Bunker. I have no control over what he spouts off about just as I have no control over what the media spins things as.

You told me what he said, well alright, that is fine if it's an exact quote with no other context then what are you looking for? Enemy of the people, ok what people? the half of the country that is not against him? He calls them fake news also, so what? He is crude and speaks his mind, you would rather have a weak feeble pushover? Not me, I am ok with someone that does not back down.

I care a lot.
Your opinion of my view of America has no bearing on anything whether you are right or wrong. Clearly some Americans wish to erase certain history and we all know who they are.

I think the reactions from the left are a result of his successes and they can't handle it, they have no answers for solutions and only want more power and bigger government.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
He should tell the truth, which is that most of them are shameless, ideological, elitist liars.
Who are you talking about?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
He is crude and speaks his mind, you would rather have a weak feeble pushover? Not me, I am ok with someone that does not back down.
This is precisely what concerns me.

Speaking his mind shows he’s a pathological liar, feasts in conspiracy theories, doesn’t understand policy or history and can’t seem to grasp more than a one ingredient recipe.

But it’s ok because he stands his ground.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Speaking his mind shows he’s a pathological liar, feasts in conspiracy theories, doesn’t understand policy or history and can’t seem to grasp more than a one ingredient recipe.

Obviously, Jim is wrong, you're not going berserk.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Bush, McCain, and Romney, are decent to the core. You don’t agree with them on policy, but they are men of integrity. And the left, and the media, attacked him without mercy.

Trump brings much of it upon himself, but is also attacked in deranged fashion.

So what is the right supposed to do, Spence, in order to get a presidential candidate treated fairly?

Your side created Trump with the way they treated McCain and Romney. You still don’t get it.

Trump won, and he is fulfilling more campaign promises than the country is used to, and many things are working. The left can’t handle that their queen bee got creamed by a jerk who actually knows how to get things done, and who could care less about how things have always worked in the swamp.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Obviously, Jim is wrong, you're not going berserk.
No not at all, I stand corrected.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Wdmso, he also said yesterday that journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked. I see you left that part out. I wonder why.
Ahh so he gets to be Arsonist (the press is the enemy of the American people )

And then Fireman (journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked.)

I get it you have no issue with a sitting POTUS calling the free press the enemy of the people Do you even have a line he can't cross

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

below sums it up nicely by David Malcolm

Trump’s thoughts and prayers are worthless at this point. It is sheer hypocrisy to suddenly care about journalists when you’ve spent over a year and a half denouncing and abusing them. Donald Trump is a liar and he hates the press because many are willing to call him out on his lies. They are willing to stand up to him and so, he decides to paint them as the enemy. In doing so, he is deliberately undermining the whole principle of the First Amendment, the right to freedom of speech.

Words are powerful things. As we’re seeing now, the language we use, and the language we allow to go unchallenged, can have far-reaching consequences for all of us.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Bush, McCain, and Romney, are decent to the core. You don’t agree with them on policy, but they are men of integrity. And the left, and the media, attacked him without mercy.

Trump brings much of it upon himself, but is also attacked in deranged fashion.

So what is the right supposed to do, Spence, in order to get a presidential candidate treated fairly?

Your side created Trump with the way they treated McCain and Romney. You still don’t get it.

Trump won, and he is fulfilling more campaign promises than the country is used to, and many things are working. The left can’t handle that their queen bee got creamed by a jerk who actually knows how to get things done, and who could care less about how things have always worked in the swamp.
again your expectations are very low

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...browse/?page=1
Old 07-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:

Trump brings much of it upon himself, but is also attacked in deranged fashion. only attacked for what he has done not what we imagined he did unlike the past POTUS

Your side created Trump with the way they treated McCain and Romney. You still don’t get it. they lost the election like Hilliary not because of some imagined event

mm
Old 07-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Ahh Trump gets to be Arsonist (the press is the enemy of the American people )

Trump has not advocated that journalists be attacked. This is a FAKE NEWS tactic.

I get it you have no issue with a sitting POTUS calling the free press the enemy of the people Do you even have a line he can't cross

Trump has done nothing to abridge the freedom of the press. He has every right to free speech as does the Press.

Donald J. Trumpagains✔
@realDonaldTrump
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

I agree that FAKE NEWS is an enemy of the American People. The Press has its speech constitutionally protected so that the people can be truthfully informed. When the Press uses its speech to influence the people to vote for its agenda by taking extreme liberties with the truth, exaggerating, lying, resorting to various forms of yellow journalism, it is, indeed, an enemy of the American people.

Trump’s thoughts and prayers are worthless at this point. It is sheer hypocrisy to suddenly care about journalists when you’ve spent over a year and a half denouncing and abusing them. Donald Trump is a liar and he hates the press because many are willing to call him out on his lies. They are willing to stand up to him and so, he decides to paint them as the enemy. In doing so, he is deliberately undermining the whole principle of the First Amendment, the right to freedom of speech.
Words are powerful things. As we’re seeing now, the language we use, and the language we allow to go unchallenged, can have far-reaching consequences for all of us.
As the author says, words are powerful things. And if the language of the FAKE NEWS is allowed to go unchallenged, it can have far reaching consequences for all of us.

Mr. Malcolm should know that. But, then, he most likely thinks that he and his are the purveyors of truth, and everyone else is a liar. That is a dangerous way to think. That is an enemy of the people
Old 07-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
again your expectations are very low

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...browse/?page=1
He appointed a superpower Supreme Court Justice who was on the right side of some huge rulings this past week, the economy is roaring, my tax rate is down, and terrorists are on the run. Call those expectations whatever you want, it’s better than I saw for the last eight years.

He’s not anything like an arsonist. He’s a thoughtless bigmouth.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #17
Jim in CT

And trump has not only been attacked for what he has done, there have been plenty of false stories and reporters getting punished by their superiors. I have zero issue with honest, fair criticism. And if you think all media criticism has been fact based, you aren’t paying any attention. He’s being called hitler.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ahh so he gets to be Arsonist (the press is the enemy of the American people )

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

You say I have no issue with his calling the press the enemy. Are you illiterate? I mean that, can you read? Read my response.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Wdmso, and obama said that republicans “ gotta stop just hating all the time.” I guess that’s ok...when you say words matter, you only hold republicans to that standard. Try making that wrong.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wdmso, and obama said that republicans “ gotta stop just hating all the time.” I guess that’s ok...when you say words matter, you only hold republicans to that standard. Try making that wrong.
That’s the hipocracy David Malcolm speaks of, he should know from experience if he is a leftists like the others. God help this country.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
That’s the hipocracy David Malcolm speaks of, he should know from experience if he is a leftists like the others. God help this country.
Mr. Malcolm's version of FAKE NEWS in the article he wrote and which wdmso cites is so blatantly made up to make Trump responsible for the shooting that I don't understand why Wayne buys into it. The Shooter of The Capital Gazette employees has been a danger for years. He has had a dispute with the newspaper and various other people long before Trump was elected or said anything about FAKE NEWS and has been viewed with fear by many who knew him. One of those who knew him predicted he would be a mass shooter. There is no known connection between him and Trump or no known response by him to what Trump has said about FAKE NEWS. The only connection between Ramos and what Trump said is the fake assumed connection made up by Malcolm and other media types in order to make Trump the one who is the real danger to this country and to freedom of the Press.

Trump is right to call out the FAKE NEWS. And yes, Fake News, is a danger to the Republic, and so, IS an enemy of the people.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:55 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Mr. Malcolm's version of FAKE NEWS in the article he wrote and which wdmso cites is so blatantly made up to make Trump responsible for the shooting that I don't understand why Wayne buys into it. The Shooter of The Capital Gazette employees has been a danger for years. He has had a dispute with the newspaper and various other people long before Trump was elected or said anything about FAKE NEWS and has been viewed with fear by many who knew him. One of those who knew him predicted he would be a mass shooter. There is no known connection between him and Trump or no known response by him to what Trump has said about FAKE NEWS. The only connection between Ramos and what Trump said is the fake assumed connection made up by Malcolm and other media types in order to make Trump the one who is the real danger to this country and to freedom of the Press.

Trump is right to call out the FAKE NEWS. And yes, Fake News, is a danger to the Republic, and so, IS an enemy of the people.
you must have this bumper sticker on your car " The constitution and the 1st amendment for every one but the press (enemies of the state )
Old 07-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
calling the press enemys of the people and “ gotta stop just hating all the time.” Ya they are exactly the same more false equivalences

The republic is in danger because of enablers such as yourself Jim and Detbunch and nostalgia..
Old 07-02-2018, 04:40 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
calling the press enemys of the people and “ gotta stop just hating all the time.” Ya they are exactly the same more false equivalences

The republic is in danger because of enablers such as yourself Jim and Detbunch and nostalgia..
I didn’t say the statements were the same. But they both clearly show that trump and obama were each willing to demonize those who disagree with them. They were both thin skinned, vindictive babies with zero tolerance for criticism. One was just much more eloquent about it. Big whoop.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #25
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The media has a major bias problem and sometimes does go as far as fake - but usually just heavily biased. The problem for some - and certainly for Trump, is that the bias favors Dems/Socialists . It is easy for many to make the leap to Fake. And sometimes the news is fake.

Having said all that - this guy was on the radar and having issues specifically with this paper while the Pres was doing a crappy TV show.

He had been brought in by the cops and they let him go over fear of further inciting him. He had sued the paper, represented himself, and was tossed by the judges. The guy was a nut.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Of course she is part of the lefts apparatus
Just remember he’s the guy who said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you’d still support him.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trum...e-stories.html
Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Of course she is part of the lefts apparatus
Just remember he’s the guy who said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you’d still support him.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trum...e-stories.html
I can understand using the same tactic to discredit that portion of the press that it uses to discredit him. If leftist press is free to put out whatever language it can to bring him down, as some have admitted to doing, Trump is just as free to return the favor.

What's so hard to understand about that?

The Progressive press knows well the consequence to its agenda if Trump can succeed in having his agenda passed. It was predicted that it would go all out, non-stop, to bring him down. And it has been exactly that, an everyday negative story, many exaggerated, hanging on the thin edge of reality, many totally wrong. Without an equal response, he might well have been forced to quit due to the unanswered perception of him cast by the media.

The notion that the press is unbiased has been discredited in the past decade or two. Those of us who are on various forms of the "right" have known it long before that. The mainstream media used to claim it was unbiased. We knew that to be untrue. Now, everyone knows there is a biased divide in leftist and rightist media.

And the rhetoric is no longer couched in careful words meant to sound impartial. It is divisive, harsh, biased, and purposely meant to destroy the opposition. This has been brewing to a boiling point, and the fire was started long before Trump.

Trump presents an existential threat to the left. It will try to destroy him in any way it can get away with.

And the leftist notion that he is attacking The Press is a lie conjured to cast Trump as a villain who is about destroying a hallowed institution. He specifically verbally attacks FAKE NEWS, not The Press.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-02-2018 at 08:32 AM..
Old 07-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The media has a major bias problem and sometimes does go as far as fake - but usually just heavily biased. The problem for some - and certainly for Trump, is that the bias favors Dems/Socialists . It is easy for many to make the leap to Fake. And sometimes the news is fake.

Having said all that - this guy was on the radar and having issues specifically with this paper while the Pres was doing a crappy TV show.

He had been brought in by the cops and they let him go over fear of further inciting him. He had sued the paper, represented himself, and was tossed by the judges. The guy was a nut.
Essentially, bias is a form of fake. The history of The Press, here and worldwide, is a record full of agendas supported by bias, lies, and reporting ostensive "news" while not reporting news that contradicts their intended message. The lie of omission has always been present in The Press. The Press has always possessed a big quotient of fake.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-02-2018 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Essentially, bias is a form of fake. The history of The Press, here and worldwide, is a record full of agendas supported by bias, lies, and reporting ostensive "news" while not reporting news that contradicts their intended message. The lie of omission has always been present in The Press. The Press has always possessed a big quotient of fake.

Which is part the problem, a free and independent people of a free and independent nation needs to have a press that is protected - and they are. However, the press needs to do it's part to be honest and truthful and worthy of that protection - not fall in lockstep behind an ideology or party. That is one of many factors in how we got Trump.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

If bias is a form of fake, would there not be fake news on the right?
While I can find an analysis by the right claiming that Politifact for example is biased, where is the analysis by the right of things claimed by politicians and there veracity?