Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Didn't Scott Brown win Barney's district?

I can understand why Scott Brown beat Martha what's-her-name in Barney Frank's district last year. What I cannot understand, is how Barney is now beating Sean Bielat in the polls.

What type of person would vote for Scott Brown, and then choose Barney Frank? Can someone explain that?

I'm just so sick of having to listen to that degenerate, tax-and-spend pervert. Barney literally makes my skin crawl. And Sean Bielat is awesome.

I predict that the GOP will win 50 house seats (giving them the majority), and 8 senate seats (not quite giving them the majority). I'd love to see Barney Frank and Barbara Boxer go, but it doesn't appear likely.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Scott won in Ted's district........There is some regional overlap to get a majority of liberal votes into both discticts..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Scott won in Ted's district........There is some regional overlap to get a majority of liberal votes into both discticts..
If you mean Ted Kennedy, as a Senator, his "district" was the entire state. When Brown won that election, I saw the Brown-Coakley breakdowns by house district, within the state. I am 99% sure that Barney Frank's congressional district voted for Scott Brown. And that's what I don't get. How can ANYONE vote for Scott Brown and Barney Frank...
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
buckman

Effin Newton!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Effin Newton!!!!!

Don't forget Brookline. You wouldn't want to offend the moonbats there by implying that Newton is the reason that creep gets reelected.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Yes, Brown won Frank's district.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
FishermanTim

Also keep in mind who is doing the polling.
We all know that results can be screwed with to benefit whoever's party paid of the poll, like paying someone to tell you what a great guy you are, so you can say "See, someone thinks I'm a great guy!"

The only numbers that matter are the ones that the dems LOSE by next week!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
like paying someone to tell you what a great guy you are, so you can say "See, someone thinks I'm a great guy!

" Choose Life "