Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #31
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If a women really objects, but doesn't protest or pull away, how is one to interpret that? And are you saying that there are no women who are willing for the sake of some reward whatever that may be? Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe there are. And in the female realm of beauty queens and gold diggers and power seekers and seekers of advancement or for the sheer excitement and fascination of being touched or bedded by powerful and glamorous men, yes I do believe such women exist. And not just a teeny bit of them. He did say "when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." And I take it that Trump was familiar with the type and was who he meant by those who would LET you.

But I can be wrong. Maybe he did mean all women. I don't for sure know. I do believe that in his world of high fashion, high society, wealth and power, the game is different than in the normal world. In any event, it was crude, but not, in itself, misogynistic--and not so different than a JFK world.
You’re just adding gasoline to a fire you should be working to put out...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:27 PM   #32
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If a women really objects, but doesn't protest or pull away, how is one to interpret that? And are you saying that there are no women who are willing for the sake of some reward whatever that may be? Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe there are. And in the female realm of beauty queens and gold diggers and power seekers and seekers of advancement or for the sheer excitement and fascination of being touched or bedded by powerful and glamorous men, yes I do believe such women exist. And not just a teeny bit of them. He did say "when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." And I take it that Trump was familiar with the type and was who he meant by those who would LET you.

But I can be wrong. Maybe he did mean all women. I don't for sure know. I do believe that in his world of high fashion, high society, wealth and power, the game is different than in the normal world. In any event, it was crude, but not, in itself, misogynistic--and not so different than a JFK world.
Also, stop pretending like his comments were taken out of context...

Bush : "You gotta get the thumbs up."

Trump : "Maybe it's a different one."

Bush : "It better not be the publicist. No, it's, it's her."

Trump : "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush : "Whatever you want."

Trump : "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Also, stop pretending like his comments were taken out of context...
[/i][/size]
Didn't say or pretend that they were out of context. I don't know what the full context was. What went on before or after, what kind of banter Trump and Bush, or Trump and other men in private had. If every President, politician, priest, high school teacher, factory worker, football player, astronaught, had their private, secret, conversation recorded when they bantered with other men about sex, I suspect that a lot of unpleasant words would be heard.

That would not make them misogynists, psychopaths, bad guys, or incompetent Presidents. But it sure would give opposition candidates of politicians fuel for their fire.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:15 AM   #34
scottw

if clinton and kennedy ran beauty pageants I bet they'd keep their hands to themselves

democrats who are with sin are quick to cast the first stone from their moral pedestal...they are also quick to cast their votes for complete lunatics