Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-19-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Trump admin. wants to combat international illegalization of homosexuality

Exactly what Hitler would have done, right Pete?

Good Trump...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...gtprBirpaQa3rE
Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Exactly what Hitler would have done, right Pete?

Good Trump...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...gtprBirpaQa3rE
Starting with the Saudis I suppose.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Starting with the Saudis I suppose.
i don’t know what that implies, but we’ll go ahead and assume that you can’t get behind Trump, even when his goal is to help the global persecution of homosexuals.

if trump said “ two and two are four”, you’d say “ the hell it is”.

i admit i hated obama, but you are on another level. obama did some
really good things, which i can happily and easily admit.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i don’t know what that implies, but we’ll go ahead and assume that you can’t get behind Trump, even when his goal is to help the global persecution of homosexuals.

if trump said “ two and two are four”, you’d say “ the hell it is”.

i admit i hated obama, but you are on another level. obama did some
really good things, which i can happily and easily admit.
If he does it to target Iran, and claims to be noble for doing so, why would he ignore other countries with worse or equal records like the Sauds, Turkey, etc.
It’s a purely political move that he thinks he can claim points for.
At best it should get a participation trophy

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
If he does it to target Iran, and claims to be noble for doing so, why would he ignore other countries with worse or equal records like the Sauds, Turkey, etc.
It’s a purely political move that he thinks he can claim points for.
At best it should get a participation trophy
so if he doesn’t do it exactly the way you’d do it, he’s still a homophobe. gotcha. i see you used the heavy duty tin foil
to make your hat today.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so if he doesn’t do it exactly the way you’d do it, he’s still a homophobe. gotcha. i see you used the heavy duty tin foil
to make your hat today.
No hat, I have hair on my head.

I've said many times, Trump already gives himself more credit that he is due. He doesn't need more and won't get mine by insisting that he deserves it.

If he really means to advance LGBTQ issues, he could start in his own house.

Here's a few things from the Independent and remember all politics is incremental, rarely does change come in one fell swoop

These are eight of the anti-LGBTQ+ things, advocates claim, Mr Trump has done during his time as president of the United States.

1. In February of 2017, the administration withdrew guidance that helped public schools implement Title IX, under which discrimination on the basis of sex was illegal. The withdrawal left transgender students unprotected.

2. Donald Trump nominated judge Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court. Gorsuch previously wrote a dissent arguing against a ruling that required states to list same-sex parents on birth certificates.

3. In April 2017, under President Trump, the Justice and Labor Departments cancelled conference calls with LGBTQ+ organisations, which for years gave the LGBTQ+ community a voice.

4. On 26 July 2017, President Trump announced on Twitter that transgender individuals would not be allowed to serve “in any capacity” in the US Military.

5. The Trump administration attempted to expand circumstances in which federal contractors and private employers could cite religious freedom as a reason for discrimination.

6. The Department of Education said it would dismiss complaints from transgender students who were not allowed to use school bathrooms that matched with their gender identity, according to The Washington Post.

7. Under President Trump, the Justice Department rolled back protections for transgender inmates that were put in place by President Obama.

The new guidelines introduced by the US Bureau of Prisons would see inmates housed by their biological sex rather than the gender they identify with.

8. Mr Trump has repeatedly failed to recognise June as Pride Month.

Additionally, Karen Pence, the wife of Vice President Mike Pence, has recently returned to teaching at a school that opposes LGBTQ+ rights and refuses admission to homosexual students.

While the Trump administration’s push for the decriminalisation of homosexuality around the world is important, the president should consider advocating on behalf of LGBTQ+ rights in the United States as well.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
No hat, I have hair on my head.

I've said many times, Trump already gives himself more credit that he is due. He doesn't need more and won't get mine by insisting that he deserves it.

If he really means to advance LGBTQ issues, he could start in his own house.

Here's a few things from the Independent and remember all politics is incremental, rarely does change come in one fell swoop

These are eight of the anti-LGBTQ+ things, advocates claim, Mr Trump has done during his time as president of the United States.

1. In February of 2017, the administration withdrew guidance that helped public schools implement Title IX, under which discrimination on the basis of sex was illegal. The withdrawal left transgender students unprotected.

2. Donald Trump nominated judge Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court. Gorsuch previously wrote a dissent arguing against a ruling that required states to list same-sex parents on birth certificates.

3. In April 2017, under President Trump, the Justice and Labor Departments cancelled conference calls with LGBTQ+ organisations, which for years gave the LGBTQ+ community a voice.

4. On 26 July 2017, President Trump announced on Twitter that transgender individuals would not be allowed to serve “in any capacity” in the US Military.

5. The Trump administration attempted to expand circumstances in which federal contractors and private employers could cite religious freedom as a reason for discrimination.

6. The Department of Education said it would dismiss complaints from transgender students who were not allowed to use school bathrooms that matched with their gender identity, according to The Washington Post.

7. Under President Trump, the Justice Department rolled back protections for transgender inmates that were put in place by President Obama.

The new guidelines introduced by the US Bureau of Prisons would see inmates housed by their biological sex rather than the gender they identify with.

8. Mr Trump has repeatedly failed to recognise June as Pride Month.

Additionally, Karen Pence, the wife of Vice President Mike Pence, has recently returned to teaching at a school that opposes LGBTQ+ rights and refuses admission to homosexual students.

While the Trump administration’s push for the decriminalisation of homosexuality around the world is important, the president should consider advocating on behalf of LGBTQ+ rights in the United States as well.
"Karen Pence, the wife of Vice President Mike Pence, has recently returned to teaching at a school that opposes LGBTQ+ rights and refuses admission to homosexual students"

I think Christians are wrong on that score. But Christians have the right to practice Christianity, and that's not the kind of persecution that happens in the Middle East.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
Jim in CT

And when Obama said not long ago that marriage was between a man and a woman because God's in the mix, he was beloved by liberals. But when Christians say the same thing, they are disgusting.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
And when Obama said not long ago that marriage was between a man and a woman because God's in the mix, he was beloved by liberals. But when Christians say the same thing, they are disgusting.
No, this was something many liberals disagreed with Obama on. You can support a politician and disagree with them on some issues. I certainly disagreed with Obama on this one when he was against gay marriage.

If Trump does this, great, I will think this is a positive. But I agree with Pete, start domestically first if this is an issue you care about, then go abroad unilaterally, don't just do this because you think it will further piss off Iran and ignore countries like Saudi Arabia. .

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, this was something many liberals disagreed with Obama on. You can support a politician and disagree with them on some issues. I certainly disagreed with Obama on this one when he was against gay marriage.

If Trump does this, great, I will think this is a positive. But I agree with Pete, start domestically first if this is an issue you care about, then go abroad unilaterally, don't just do this because you think it will further piss off Iran and ignore countries like Saudi Arabia. .
maybe they disagreed with him. who called him a homophobic bigot? he got elected twice. they didn’t hold it against him.

we already have laws domestically that prohibit discrimination, and obviously persecution, of gays. homosexuality isn’t illegal here. it is elsewhere.